• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kassarc16

Quote from: mike3775 on June 04, 2012, 02:12:45 PM

So if I wanted an L3 height, I could plop that, and then a little farther away, use those 2  up 15 terrain risers(sorry I forget the name of them) then use an up 8 after raising it to get it to 23(which I assume would be L3 if L1 is 7.5 and L2 is 15) and then draw the MIS ramp it would auto go to that height?

(does that make sense?)

I'm more thinking that if you plop a starter of a certain RHW or MIS L and convert the stretch to it, the ramp will change automagically.

GDO29Anagram

So if I wanted an L3 height, I could plop that, and then a little farther away, use those 2  up 15 terrain risers(sorry I forget the name of them) then use an up 8 after raising it to get it to 23(which I assume would be L3 if L1 is 7.5 and L2 is 15) and then draw the MIS ramp it would auto go to that height?

Quote from: kassarc16 on June 04, 2012, 02:18:36 PM
I'm more thinking that if you plop a starter of a certain RHW or MIS L and convert the stretch to it, the ramp will change automagically.

Well, you could use a height transition, assuming they have a starter, but most of the time, you'd be using a starter. It depends on which width of RHW you'd wanna use (which, as the name "Flex" implies,... Guess which RHWs will work with them...).

Remember:
- L0 - 0m
- L1 - 7.5m
- L2 - 15m
- L3 - 22.5m
- L4 - 30m
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

mike3775

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on June 04, 2012, 02:22:48 PM

Quote from: kassarc16 on June 04, 2012, 02:18:36 PM

Well, you could use a height transition, assuming they have a starter, but most of the time, you'd be using a starter. It depends on which width of RHW you'd wanna use (which, as the name "Flex" implies,... Guess which RHWs will work with them...).

Remember:
- L0 - 0m
- L1 - 7.5m
- L2 - 15m
- L3 - 22.5m
- L4 - 30m

Awesome to know thanks

Wiimeiser

1. Will it be like FlexSPUI?
2. Does this work for both orto and diag MIS ramps?
3. Can it be used for type D/E ramps?
4. Will there be Inside/FARHW Variations?
5. Will roads, one way roads, avenues and the NWM use this as well?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on June 04, 2012, 06:34:42 PM
1. Will it be like FlexSPUI?

In terms of its overrideability, yes.  It's basically like a Draggable Ramp Interface, except that it's placed like a puzzle piece instead of dragged.

2. Does this work for both orto and diag MIS ramps?

If you're meaning Type A and Type B ramps, then yes--that functionality's already in place.  I'm looking to expand it to cover diagonal mainlines as well.

3. Can it be used for type D/E ramps?

Yes on both accounts.  My above pic was a Type E1 ramp. 

4. Will there be Inside/FARHW Variations?

Yes.

5. Will roads, one way roads, avenues and the NWM use this as well?

I am looking into getting something along the line of ramp interfaces in place for NWM networks, mainly for all the Texas users who have been clamoring for frontage roads for years.  It'll require a bit different method in order to implement, however.  The FLEXRamps are set up using INRUL flags, where as any sort of NWM setup would require a RUL1 anchor.

-Alex

dragonshardz

So, I made this today. What I wouldn't give for 45-degree FLEXfly and EMIS-To-ERHW4 transitions.

Fair warning: Making double-decker interchanges is a pain.

Moonraker0

I was wondering if I should expect DDRHW-4 neighbor connections to carry traffic.  I've built a few, and they always had zero usage.  I read in the readme that DDRHW-4 neighbor connections are one of the types that do not require NC pieces; is this meant to suggest that they are indeed functional?  For a long time I had one industrial city and one residential/commercial city (without any significant amount of commercial development), and almost no one had jobs because the only connection to the industrial city was a DDRHW-4.  As soon as I built an AVE-4 connection, the sims all started crowding into that link to the industrial city.  Their access to the DDRHW-4 in the residential city is conveniently located adjacent to the residential zones, and there are three interchanges there.  Cars are only using the DDRHW-4 to travel within the residential/commercial city.  I'm not sure if this should be expected.

Oh, and sorry if this has been addressed recently.  I'm used to forum software sending me multiple emails for multiple replies and just reading the messages in the emails, but SC4Devotion only notifies me of the first one, so I periodically forget to read this thread.

Nevermind, I just found out I could change that option. ::)

Tarkus

The DDRHW-4 wasn't given an NC piece because it was a single-tile network with bi-directional traffic, which, according to everything we know about the game, should allow the native NC to function properly.  That said, I'll give it a look over.  It's possible the game's having a hard time reconciling the fact that the rail network across the border has car paths on it rather than train paths. 

-Alex

Ryan B.

Quote from: Tarkus on June 04, 2012, 08:41:47 PM
I am looking into getting something along the line of ramp interfaces in place for NWM networks, mainly for all the Texas users who have been clamoring for frontage roads for years.  It'll require a bit different method in order to implement, however.  The FLEXRamps are set up using INRUL flags, where as any sort of NWM setup would require a RUL1 anchor.

-Alex

My ears are burning.

Haljackey

Here's a quick video showing a highway widening process with the RHW. It's not a guide in any way, but I think it's relevant

http://www.youtube.com/v/GWAjDXLg-KE

See the video description for more info: http://youtu.be/GWAjDXLg-KE

Awesome developments! Can't wait to try them out!

Ramona Brie

I think AVE-6/TLA-7 type ramps (even ploppable) would be a good sideline if you do some NWM pieces, just to make widening of certain designs of parclos easier.

Flatron

As I've never seen a TLA7 in RL, I'd like you to concentrate on important stuff such as acceleration- and deceleration lanes for RHW2, Overpasses for RHW3.

jondor

As far as I know, the RHW-3 is essentially going to be the only acceleration lane option for the RHW-2.  Although a four lanes on one tile RHW could conceivably be done with overhangs like many of the other networks have, I can all but guarantee it would be puzzle piece only and is not a high priority.

As far as RHW-3 overpasses, once P57 is concluded and released, the RHW-3 will have all the same complete and stable overpass functionality as all the other single tile RHWs from MIS to 6S.

Ploppable AVE-6/TLA-7 <-> MIS ramps are definitely something that could be done in a future release, once the core P57 functionality is done.
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jondor on June 07, 2012, 01:16:11 AM
Ploppable AVE-6/TLA-7 <-> MIS ramps are definitely something that could be done in a future release, once the core P57 functionality is done.

You mean AVE-6 A/B/C-1 Ramps? (Outer tile modularity. :P )
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

MandelSoft

As far as I know, the RHW-3 is essentially going to be the only acceleration lane option for the RHW-2.  Although a four lanes on one tile RHW could conceivably be done with overhangs like many of the other networks have, I can all but guarantee it would be puzzle piece only and is not a high priority.
Well, I could always make some NEL-CPs (Narrow Exit Lane Cosmetic Pieces) for the RHW-2 ;) I need to add some CPs anyway for the next RHW version...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

riiga

Quote from: mrtnrln on June 07, 2012, 01:30:05 AM
Well, I could always make some NEL-CPs (Narrow Exit Lane Cosmetic Pieces) for the RHW-2 ;) I need to add some CPs anyway for the next RHW version...
I've already done work on that. I just need IIDs, but I guess that'll have to wait for P57 to be finished.  ;)

EDIT: Here's a pic of my previous progress:

mike3775

Quote from: Flatron on June 07, 2012, 01:04:26 AM
As I've never seen a TLA7 in RL, I'd like you to concentrate on important stuff such as acceleration- and deceleration lanes for RHW2, Overpasses for RHW3.

They are few and far between, but I have seen them and driven on them.  They are not built as often as the 4 lane with a suicide lane, but most of the time in my area, the 6 lane with suicide lane are in heavy industrialized area's so that truck traffic does not impede car traffic.

noahclem

Those FLEXRamps are fantastic  &dance  &hlp &dance  &hlp ?=mad)=

Really an elegant solution to the already significant, and soon to have become overwhelming, problem of menu clogging. It sounds like the implementation has been thoroughly thought out and I'm really glad it should be more slope-tolerant than the existing ramps. Can't wait to hear and see more!

apeguy

I should really keep up with this thread more often, that FLEX Ramp is excellent! Nice work Alex! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: It'll be great to see the huge improvements to the RHW with this small change to the ramps. ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Tarkus

Regarding the RHW-2 "accel lanes" . . . I've already gotten Type D1 and Type E1 RHW-3 FLEXRamps in place.  Here's the Type E1 (though as you can see, I still need to color-correct the top overhang tile).  The RHW-3 Type E1 still has the same standard footprint of a Type E1 ramp.

I've also been gradually converting the ramps over to having chevrons as part of the P57 FLEXRamp development process.

-Alex