• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Travis' UCC mod shop

Started by Travis, August 02, 2007, 11:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

EDIT: Please post here if you have any technical difficulties with my lots. Thank you!

Hello,

Due to popular demand ( ;)) by my MD readers, I've decided to open a lot showcase thread, in which I'll post pics of the various lots
I'm working on. Not sure where to upload any, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Anyway, the first two up for discussion:

A re-lotting of Kevdan25's Mcdonalds, always considered the original to be too cluttered.

A re-lotting of Hableurg's Bowling Alley, which I always considered to be too small.

Those are seasonal trees, by the way.  ;D

Don't worry, plenty of in-game pics are headed your way, plus a bunch more lots. These are by far the simplest ones; for the large ones
have far too many dependencies to be considered for release. That is all for now, comments and suggestions welcome!  :thumbsup:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, both are transit enabled.  ;)

jeronij

Not looking bad  :thumbsup: ¡¡¡

The overall look is nice. What about adding some light poles ?¿ They would add some extra realism ( imo of course  ;) )
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Swamper77

If these are growable Lots, you will want to not have them transit-enabled. If they are transit-enabled, they will never upgrade/get redeveloped when the conditions are right for a bigger building to be at that location in the city when the game is running.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Travis

@Jeroni, thanks! Indeed, I seem to have forgotten light poles, thanks for the tip.  :)

@Jan, these are ploppable-only as of now, but I do plan on making growable versions as well. Thanks for the reminder too- it's something I
might have overlooked.

Pat

:thumbsup: &apls  Travis im soo glad you opened up shop and are now showing off what you are doing...
keep up the hard work and any question dont be affraid to ask - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Travis

Thanks Pat!  :)

The promised in-game pics to follow...

As of now, the re-lotting of Hableurg's Bowling alley is 99% done (just got to add light poles), then it's on to modding. I'll be making both a growable
and a ploppable. The McDonald's has a ways to go yet, as I have to reduce the number of dependencies. (It's like 10 right now)

The Bowling Alley in action:

Notice the seasonal trees?

A side-by-side comparison of the original McD's lot, and the revamped one...

And something new in the pipeline: A Bus Maintenance Depot...

Those buses in there aren't permanent; right now they're New Jersey Transit buses, and they probably won't suit everyone.

Comments anyone?

Later.

:thumbsup:

le_harv

The McD's and Bowling alley lots you created are inspiring. I think this represents one of the best parts of the community where by others work can be utilised in different ways (with due credit of course! ;))...

Pat

those busses looks great and so does the ingames travis  &apls

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Vario80

I think you've done a great job in Lot Editing. The MC Donalds Lot looks much nicer now and also the bus depot looks more realistic that way. Good!  &apls
Avatar: Atlantic Hotel Sail City- The new landmark of Bremerhaven

Travis

Progress...

But first, the necessary replies...

@le harv, thanks! Indeed, all the credit goes to the creators of these wonderful BAT's.  :)

@Thanks pat!  :)

@Vario, Thanks! Glad you think it looks nice.  :)

Anyway, I made a growable version, and I tested it. Grew in less than 10 seconds.  :)

Unfortunately, when I went back in the LE to correct a last few things, I couldn't find the lot. Anywhere.  ()sad()
The files are all intact in the plugins folder- it's just that, for whatever reason- the lot editor won't read them. I tested it again,
and it still grew in-game. The corrections I wanted to make should be pretty obvious in the pic below:

Apparently, the prop family I used for the cars spawned them in all sorts of weird places, and I missed a shrub in the middle of the entrance.
Both need to be removed, but without the LE, it's hopeless.  :'( I'm aware it can be done in the reader, but it's far beyond my knowledge.  &mmm

Perhaps, anyone might have a solution? Or if not, could someone have a look at the files, and see if they can remove the props for me?  &idea

Anyway, the ploppable needs a little more modding, but I can't release it until I resolve the problem with the growable.
However, the McDonald's is coming along. Some LE work to do, then a little modding (plop only), and the packaging, testing, and release.
But where?  ()what() Perhaps I need to open a "LEX Candidacies thread?

Some comments, suggestions anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Pat

travis so you cant even find the bowling alley period even the plop?  You should know what i would say about LEX candidacies lol... I would be willing to help you to try and figure out what went wrong with the growable, cause
i would like to learn the process nothing better to do then teach ones self and butt heads in a solution lol

Shadow Assassin

You should use Ardecila's nice parking lot lights instead of those Maxis ones. I can't remember which ones they're called, but they're tall and square. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

le_harv

QuoteUnfortunately, when I went back in the LE to correct a last few things, I couldn't find the lot.

I was messing around with some Road Top Mass Transit lots for my game yesterday with Lot Editor/SC4 Tool etc. I would open the existing RTMT that I wanted to edit, do my stuff and then save under a different name but then it would no longer show in the LE load menu? Very strange as like u said the file exists in my plugins.

Diggis

if you do a save as in the LE, you need to restart it to get the lot to show.

I know thats not your problem travis, but it's probably Le_harvs

Travis, have you tried typing in the IID into the LE?  Thats how I find pesky lots.

Swamper77

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on August 08, 2007, 08:00:19 PM
You should use Ardecila's nice parking lot lights instead of those Maxis ones. I can't remember which ones they're called, but they're tall and square. :P
Actually, those are SimGoober's which Ardecila placed into a DAT for his parking lots.

-Swamper77
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Krio

Your work is much better than original  :thumbsup:

Diggis

Any chance of you releasing the bus depot, I would love that in my city.

Travis

Anyway, I'm still working, but mostly on other people's lots right now. Have no fear Diggis; that lot is at the top of my release list. It's good to hear people actually plan on downloading some of my stuff. I hope to open a LEX Candidacy thread next week too.  ;)

More replies and some new pics hopefully in a little while.  :thumbsup:

Diggis

Travis

Thanks everyone, I've found the problem with the Bowling Alley- I made a few modding errors and the LE refuses to read it. I'll start over soon...

I do, however, have a lot that can be released soon...

Bus Depot: Generic Bus Version

Bus Depot: School Bus Version

There are cars on both, but they show somewhat sporadically.

I hope to release these soon on the LEX, I'll be starting a candidacy thread soon. Modding will be similar to the Maxis Bus Station, with an
increased capacity.

Later.

:thumbsup: