• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

EYECANDY

Started by iamgoingtoeatyou, January 19, 2008, 06:56:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamgoingtoeatyou

MOSAIC UPDATE 2: 1/26/08

THE ILLUMINATIONS

COMMENTS

TopCliff: Thank you :) I'll see if I can get it over on the Tutorials section soon. That must have been awesome to see Jon Steward, a lot of people in the television business work in Rockefeller Center, it's always really awesome to stop by. Last time, we were outside the windows of the Today Show :P

Pat Riot: Heh, Yep :P Glad you liked it.

emilin: Thank you emilin, Great to see you here!

bat: Thanks, Bat!

rooker1: Hi, Rooker! Nice to see you here! It's been a long time, but yes, I've been wanting to re-start this over here. I hope your mosaic of your city comes out nicely!

wouanagaine: Thank you very much, wouanagaine! I know about sc4devotion's rule towards mosaic, I put a little small note saying those steps are not necessary if you wanted to post your mosaics here :P I haven't heard about this Photomerge option, I'll see if I can try it out!

TopCliff

Looks great dude. Yeah, it was cool. But I ran into a lot of celebs in New York. Crossing 56th Street on Fifth Avenue, I ran into (literally) Eric Clapton. Then, on the corner there, I was standing next to Gene Wilder. Anyways, it looks great. Question: how did you PS the avenues? You used the clone tool to do that, right? Anyways, keep up the good work. Later dude.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

bat

That's a wonderful looking new mosaic there! Nice downtown! :thumbsup:

spartanB292

Great to have Eyecandy back Hotdogs, Thanks for the tutorial, May I ask, do you know what is a good compomise for Photoshop, myself being not willing nor able to spend the kind of money that program requires today, and, also, how do you generate all those taxis?

Thanks for coming back!
Yarbles! Great bolshy yarblockos to you sir!

Pat Riot

not a fan of indian  architecture meshing with nyc  ;D, but the mosiac looks great !

thundercrack83

Stunning work! Absolutely stunning, my friend!

By the way, where did you get those avenues?

ma360

:o Where do you fin does awsome 5 lines one-way road? :o
Quote from: iamgoingtoeatyou on January 26, 2008, 09:52:18 AM
MOSAIC UPDATE 2: 1/26/08

THE ILLUMINATIONS

!

Cockatoo-210893

Believe it or not people, he actually Photoshopped those avenues. How he did it, I do not know!?  ()what()
I don't have a problem with Indian architecture in NYC, isn't there like a billion languages spoken on Manhattan Island? I'm sure there's some Indians there and they probably brought their style of architecture along with them.

Quote from: spartanB292 on January 26, 2008, 02:09:54 PM
...May I ask, do you know what is a good compomise for Photoshop, myself being not willing nor able to spend the kind of money that program requires today...
PAINT SHOP PRO! (I use it, and older versions are kinda cheep these days  :thumbsup:)

Krio

I'm quite sure that hotdogs received some help from Higher Power to create those avenues. And that power is..Mighty Cheese Grater, who did grate the taxis from cheddar on avenues.

sebes

WOW WOW WOW - I love that picture hotdogs. My own city and region is based on Manhattan (Nieuw Amsterdam, hopefully one day I'll find time to make an MD with it..  :-\ ) and I admire your pic, but hate you for showing your skills here and raising the bar (I'd make a fool of myself posting any of my pics now :P). The 5-line OW-avenue is so cool... Well done man. &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pat

Hotdogs this fantastic and I loved that TUT...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Heblem

TheSixCents

Shadow Assassin

QuoteI don't have a problem with Indian architecture in NYC, isn't there like a billion languages spoken on Manhattan Island? I'm sure there's some Indians there and they probably brought their style of architecture along with them.

I take it that Pat Riot's referring to that utterly hideous monstrosity called the "St. Ritzy's Plaza"... I don't know what the hell Maxis were thinking when they made that building, seeing as it clashes horribly with just about everything... and grows like a weed.

Oh yes, Hotdogs Eat You, that simply looks brilliant - I've seen it before, but every time I look at it, there's something extra that I missed last time...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

iamgoingtoeatyou

MOSAIC UPDATE 3 - 2/1/08

THE TOWERS

COMMENTS

TopCliff: Yeah, you can see celebrities all the time in New York, what's funny is that most New Yorkers just act like they're just another average joe :P I don't use the clone tool, I use marquee tool and copy and pasting very much :P

bat: Thanks, Bat!

spartanB292: Thank you for stopping by :) I'm not really sure about a good option to substitute photoshop, I have heard that Photofiltre is a very good tool though. But [and I'll probably get in trouble for saying this], Most people don't really buy photoshop :P My brother got it from his work for free. The taxis are generated using the Cheater Transport lot found in Simtropolis ;D

Pat Riot: Yeah, I know lol. Thanks for commenting!

thundercrack83: Thanks thundercrack, I photoshopped the avenues ;)

ma360: Hm, I appreciate your comment greatly, but was it really necessary to quote the entire post? Anyways, I photoshopped the avenues.

Cockatoo-210893: Haha! I just put that building there because I thought it looked nice, but since Patriot hates it, I won't be using it anymore :P Nice to see you here!

Krio: You found me out $%#Ninj2

sebes: Ah, I'm sure your pictures are great, I'd love to see them! Thanks for stopping by!

Pat: Thanks Pat, Hope you found it helpful :)

Heblem: Thanks, Heblem :P

TheSixCents: Thanks.

Shadow Assassin: Hey S.A, Nice to see you here! I guess you hate St. Ritzy's Plaza too, eh? Heh. Don't worry, you won't be seeing it. You can call my hotdogs if you want btw :P Thanks for stopping by!

Pat Riot

woah dude, way to steal my ideas  ;D

Good work with the towers, I like this mosiac even though it reminds me of this creepy pic I saw of manhatten flooded in 2050 today   &apls

Pat

Such a fitting and most pleasnt tribute to the Towers Hotdogs!!! Yes I did find the tut very useful ty........

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TopCliff

Excellent tribute dude. I actually know of an easier way to make those streets for your pictures. Let me know if you want to know about it. Can't wait for the next NYC thing. Perhaps you'll showcase Columbus Circle? Never mind, keep up the good work.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

bat

Wonderful mosaic of these two towers! Fantastic work there! :thumbsup:
Looking forward to more ones...

JoeST

I just found a suitable GIF to display my emotions towards this MD

Your amazing... thankyou

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms