• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fantozzi

Halt! Stop! Wait! Those I won't put into the game. I need them for my own. To pimp my car.

Simmer2

LOL fantozzi I had no idea you liked rice rockets  ;D

Anyways here is what I got so far for the BASF project. The big buildings are already available on SM2 Mega Prop Pack Vol2 , I just added the little BASF sign you see, placed it at the right spot with X-Pim.

This is a test bed lot, just a place holder for show & tell.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

Wow.  :o I'm proud I made a pedestrian bridge while you made half of the company in the same time. The green night lights of the butane exhausts will make perfect company with Tag_one's refinery props.  :thumbsup:

fantozzi

Nick, we have a problem.

The fart stack at least should be little bit higher than 100 Washington Square. This means ~110 meters, I guess. That's because... you know, BASF does them with a really really evil smell. And if the stack isn't high enough ... it might be ... the whole upper floors faint if wind direction is bad. What do you think?

Simmer2

Fantozzi, my stack is 81 meters tall and that building must be closer to 200m tall and there are no such thing as 200m plus flare stacks. Also flare stacks are away from any buildings therefore you must drop them at the edge of the complex.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another concept: 1 lot. 5 bus stations.. Preliminary pics. Im still tweaking the prop fams. They feature illuminated signs for night view.

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

belfastsocrates

Love those shelters. The glass looks great.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Simmer2

Thanks belfastsocrates

The mayor got tired of seeing the old abandoned house down the road and after confirming that it was owed by the city he ordered it to be demolished  :D

Simmer2

Simmer2

Thanks for the likes!

Something is shaping up...

Simmer2

Andreas

Things are shaping up nicely, I really like the old building being torn down - if only using the bulldozer tool would look like that! :thumbsup:
Andreas

AsimPika3172

FINALLY!  &apls The pipes is coming!  :thumbsup:  I will waiting! :bnn:
I loves Sim City forever!

Simmer2

Thank you Andreas and AsimPika3172.

Progressing well...7 more lots made.

Simmer2

Simmer2

Thanks everyone!.

SM2 The Thrift Store Is now available here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3815

Comes in 2 flavors: Grow and Plop.

Have fun!

Simmer2

Simmer2

SM2 Montessori Private School is now available here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3816

Simmer2

Simmer2

Just some random items I made a while back.

Still thinking up lotting ideas though.

Simmer2

fantozzi

I bet many citizens think those roadman and municipal workers with all their machines to clean up the parks and repair the sidewalks, checking the manholes and fixing the asphalt ...

... they just plop out from the ground like the mushrooms in a mountain forrests.

But instead it isn't so. There are plenty of facilities or areas were not only those machines are locked up but also all the material is stored the roadman need.

Look around, sometimes they look like some scrapyard with wild flowers and trees growing there. Instead those are the supply centers of those workers keeping the city's public places good looking.

If I'm not wrong, even in SC4 they are still missed now for 15 years. Mushrooms. Whey there's a highway to build they pop up from the ground. Those Sims building up the parks and networks in your city and collect the garbage and keep the city running - they have still no base, no lot, from which they start their operations and where they take the building materials they need, when to fix sewers and the public playgrounds.

If you're looking for lotting ideas - I don't know the right word, but all those roadman and municipal workers have their starting point and all their materials and machines have their deposites all across the city. Lots always looking a little bit like scrapeyards, where they keep all the tools and materials and machines.

So I suggest those to create. Even if I don't know how they are named.

Simmer2

Fantozzi They are called maintenance yards here.

I did think about making a couple of them which I saw around here. Thanks bro!

I do have another ready to render.

SM2 Garthamlock Water Tower It actually exists and it is located in Glasgow UK.

Simmer2

Andreas

Oh yeah, we definitely need one of those for all the construction crews, garbage trucks, snow plows and whatnot, complete with some storage sheds, maintenance buildings, road salt depot, you name it. :)
Andreas

mattb325

The tent looks good. What modifiers in gmax did you use to get the folds and creases in the fabric?

Simmer2

Thanks!!

SM2 Garthamlock Water Tower is now available here folks https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3818

The real one

Simmer2

@Matt, I sent you a PM with the method I used.

Tyberius06

Hi!

Really nice water tower! Thanks for sharing it!
Also I quite like the "random" stuffs :) That shed/barn (I'm not sure) looks nice and the tent looks like a good addition too. 
And I like the idea of a maintenence yard too.

Thank you for your work!

- Tibi
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.