• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Simmer's Lotting Lab.

Started by Simmer2, December 11, 2015, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matias93

The open pit mine would probably work better as terraformed, because those are huge enough for entire city tiles. What would be useful to simulate them, though, are the specifical props of the machinery used there, like the huge mining trucks:

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

Tyberius06

Quote from: Simmer2 on April 10, 2019, 09:47:13 AM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A while ago I posted several pics with some custom made crop circles and even a UFO while making them lol.

I did it for fun but I was wondering. If there is enough interest I will release them to the public.

They would be eye candy off course.

What say you? Should I?

Simmer2

Well, I for one, would appreciate if you will release those stuffs, but I guess you are aware of my thoughts about this matter. :)
Really nice work, unique and quite special! And also funny! So please, give them a nice release! :)
Thank you so much!

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Allrighty then :D I will get those crop circles ready to deploy. Thank you!

@Matias93 Those beasts are already available on the LEX. I may do some in the near future though.
==================================================================================

Here is the last of the fuel barges are promised. SM2 Gulf Gas Station Barge This one is the biggest of the 3 I made.

Still a lot of details to do therefore WIP alert!!

Simmer2
________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

Now, ladies and gentleman, please have a closer look on the rubber boat and how it repeats the color scheme of the roof. That's why Simmer2 is a true painter - the Felix Vallotton or Fernand Léger amongst the batters.

What a great composition! A piece of art!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Off topic: you won't need mine trucks as long as there is no mine. Start with the mine and how to create that  - then think of the trucks.

manga rivotra

Like some others, I did not know that this kind of oil station existed, but now that I see them here, I feel the need to put one in each of my bays !  ;)
I'm in love also with your Garthamlock Water Tower.
Thank you for all these great new creations. :thumbsup:

c.p.

Another great and unique idea (and really well executed) :thumbsup:

fantozzi

Master Nick, sorry to be your pita lately but can it eventually be ...

... there is no way to connect your genius intermodal rail terminal textures with your nsb rail texture set?

/wrrd%& really sorry if I'm too dumb to find the righ piece  /wrrd%&

Simmer2

Thank you manga rivotra and c.p.

@fantozzi. You cannot use quads in an intermodal yard. Let me dig up my original Intermodal set and I will adjust it to be a straight DTR run which will be compatible with my NSB set.

PS looking at the crane legs span it looks like those textures are a match so I may have to make an offset NSB piece to avoid disturbing your setup

Nick

Maybe you should hand me the crane model so that I can make precise adjustments.

I almost forgot!!

SM2 Chevron Gas Station Barge and SM2 Gulf Gas Station Barge are now available here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3822

And here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3823

________________________________________________________________________________

fantozzi

You are a very kind person. Thank you.

I just try to recreate what I see.

I see left side four track, center, left side two tracks, right side three tracks. I don't have three tracks rail. So I make them four. It doesn't have to match always, but as far as possible I'll try to get close to the real thing.

I'll send you the prop but it's still a placeholder. I plan much timed action with your flatbed trailers and the AGVs and the tank props and therefore the clutch of the gantry matches the BASF tanks. There will be a couple of different versions of the gantry with and without charge.

So please don't change your great set for just this gantry or everyone else will ask you to do the same for every newly created prop.  :D It's just work in progress and still can be adjusted to your textures. And imho the younger stuff should always be adjusted to fit the older stuff - not vice versa.

Thank you
Fantozzi

Simmer2

Thank you all!

These days I'm binge watching The Game of Thrones and so I did a quick Watch Tower model complete with rock base and greens at the base to see how it would look in game.

Just so I don't forget the basics of modeling while I'm on lazy mode :D

Simmer2

Kitsune

Lazy mode ? I doubt your on lazy mode ! :)
~ NAM Team Member

Tyberius06

I should do the same, I mean binge watching Game of Thrones, I promised myself a couple of years ago, when I didn't start watching the 3rd season, that I will watch the whole series when the last season will be coming out.
Pretty nice tower!  &apls :popcorn:
I would echo Shayne! I doubt that you have lazy mode! :D :D

- Tyberius
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simmer2

Thank you!!

@matias93 Here is what I came up with...Liebherr T282 with some liberties...

Simmer2

fantozzi

This is a really nice monster dumper.

Hope to see it soon as automata.

(My God ... Fantozzi ...)

PaPa-J

Yes!  That thing is huge!  Love it.
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

Simmer2

Lol thanks!

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is any use for something like this. Still lots of work to do, mainly nightlights and more cars. I would call it SM2 Downtown Parking A
This one is 3x3 tiles.

Simmer2

PaPa-J

Yes!!!! Most definitely this has a purpose!
Lighten up, just enjoy life,
smile more, laugh more,
and don't get so worked up
about things.

c.p.

It will definitely be useful.  I picture it used as a prop and lotted with a 1970's office tower.  But of course it could be used as standalone parking too.

And I love the dump truck :thumbsup:

Simmer2

Ok then I will continue the project.

Thanks Papa-J and c.p.

On other news, SM2 Agrochemicals Ltd is now available here https://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3825

Lot list has been amended.

Simmer2

Kitsune

I see it being used as commuter parking at a train station... it'll have a ton of uses.
~ NAM Team Member