• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BigSlark makes CAMelots...

Started by BigSlark, September 30, 2007, 04:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

Hello all,

There are many pieces of custom content that I love, and two of my favorites are CAM and NDEX's skyscrapers. Now, as well all know, these two large parts of the content available do not work together well at all.

I have several projects in mind, however, I have a question that needs answering: can I make a lot and then send it off to be CAMified or does someone have to make the basic lot for me?

M4346 is making lots for me...its 2am for him, so come back a day from now for some first shots. ;D

Cheers,
Kevin

M4346

I do believe that the best way to do this is to have someone make the CAMified basic lot for you, with the embedded .desc file and correct OGs, and send it to you for re-lotting.  :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

RippleJet

Indeed, that is the way to do it! :thumbsup:

And M is getting good at it! ()stsfd()

Btw, it's 3:30 AM where I am...

M4346

I've sent the LOTs and merged .desc files along to him.  ;D

All the NDEX DT Lofts are R$$7 though, and therefore, technically speaking, not CAMeLOTs as such, but they are updated to include the values as assigned by the X-Tool.  ;D They will function better now.  ()stsfd()

I made Building Families, as the NDEX DT original ones came in families, and I included the NDEX OG and NDEX Query too.

All in all 5 lots with a total of 28 different models! God bless DT!  $%Grinno$%

I sent along LOTs and DESCs for:

• NDEX DT Belton Lofts (5 Models)
  • NDEX DT Greywood Lofts (9 Models)
  • NDEX DT Jacinto Lofts (7 Models)
  • NDEX DT Oakendell Lofts (3 Models)
  • NDEX DT Thaneplace Lofts (4 Models)

:thumbsup:

So let's see what BigSlark gets up to!  ()stsfd()  :satisfied:
New Horizons Productions

BigSlark

Here's my first lot, Belton Lofts. The X-Tool made this one a 3x3 R$$ Stage 7 lot. It was originally a 4x3 and had more space for landscaping.

Without further ado, what do y'all think? (To use a Southern colloquialism!)

I don't like the trees that I have planted around the sides, for some reason I thought they were c.p.'s Cottonwoods and not Maxis trees.

I look forward to feedback and will have more to share on Friday evening as a I have a Spanish quiz on Friday morning. Only one semester left of college and class requires more time than ever!

Cheers,
Kevin

Resized the 3rd picture so you didn't break the right hand border, its not actually against the rules, but it wasn't necessary here, cheers - Fred

M4346

Quote from: BigSlark on October 03, 2007, 11:37:49 PM
Here's my first lot, Belton Lofts. The X-Tool made this one a 3x3 R$$ Stage 7 lot. It was originally a 4x3 and had more space for landscaping.

I can always change the LOT size for you, but, that would inevitably make the growth stage drop.  ;D So let me know if you want me to rework it for you.  ()stsfd()

QuoteWithout further ado, what do y'all think? (To use a Southern colloquialism!)

Well... if you really want to know. :P My personal opinion is that I don't like the trees lined up so much at (which I assume is) the front of the LOT. I would prefer the entrance to be a bit more "open." But hey! That's only my personal opinion.  ;D

Also the overlay texture at the back, the grass one that runs over the grass... I think that is unnecessary. It just makes an awful white line that looks out of place.  &mmm

About props... I suggest you try and limit, if not eliminate, the phenomenon where the props "cut into" the building (I don't know how to phrase it better). The only instances I see of it is the light, lime green bushes on the side of the building and the round, darker green bushes on the third image. It would be eliminated if you remove the two bushes at the end (for the light green ones) and just shift the darker ones a bit. :) But, always inspect the LOT from all angles to see if it happens anywhere. I know it's difficult at times, especially on small lots, but it is not impossible.  ;D

I do like your choice for the base texture of the LOT though!  :thumbsup:

QuoteI don't like the trees that I have planted around the sides, for some reason I thought they were c.p.'s Cottonwoods and not Maxis trees.

They are CP's Semi-seasonal Cottonwoods, and not Maxis trees, but I have also not yet taken to them / warmed to them, and prefer to use the other seasonal and semi-seasonal trees.  ;D

Anyway, it's a great start here, and I'll watch out for it as it progresses!  :thumbsup: And you know where to reach me if you ever need any assistance.  ;D
New Horizons Productions

Tarkus

Kevin, it's awesome to see that your starting a CAMelot thread here! :thumbsup:  I'd say for the most part, the lot looks very nice, I like the choice of base textures.  Like M, I also think the trees on the front kind of conceal things--I still think they'd add a nice touch, but perhaps fewer of them.  The semi-seasonal CP cottonwoods do look a bit Maxis-ish, but they don't really bother me too much.  They almost looked evergreen when I first glanced at them.

Looking forward to seeing more of your excellent work here. :)

-Alex