• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rhenen, NN

Started by sebes, May 01, 2008, 01:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulmanator

Another delightful update. Fine work.  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

MandelSoft

Hey Sebes,

Nice cities you have got there (I like the dutch buildings). I hope I can see more soon!

Ga zo door!
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Earth quake

Great update Sebes, I like your city, but i didi'nt like the texture of rock and the Highway is not very good in your city....
Great work and go on.

CasperVg

Looks really nice, I like the realistic-ness of the underpass under the station and the overall lay-out very much! Nice usage of Krio's Tahvontorni building aswell.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

EDGE4194

Sebes- I haven't commented in a while but always check in. Great job on Rhenen. Fantastic mix of buildings. I love the look of the diagonal
highway slicing into the center of town (that's very realistic!).  &apls

bat

Update 3 is looking fantastic with nice pictures of your nice looking city Rhenen!! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to update 4!

paroch

Well Sebes, I've been waiting patiently for the update and am pleased you've made it.  And I didn't realise until your friendly pointer!

Love the explanation for the empty lots  :D   And yes that church is one of my favourites (but Haarlemergold did such a great job on all his churches). That was the one I used for The Waag on Nieuwemarkt.

It's great seeing all those Vanderaap buildings again - I really do think Rhenen and Kingly should become twin cities - the people must have much in common  :).

I like the way you have the old Dutch buildings in the centre of town but move to more grand/classical architecture as you go into the new downtown area.  I think the highway in the city centre gives some interesting discussions:
1:does it look pretty - no!
2:is it realistic - probably for North America.  It's just not something we see much in the UK, motorways tend to skirt round the edge of a city.
3:is it practical - yes!

Hofplein is looking good - maybe just a diagonal in place of the Boomland Fireworks Shop to finish the scene off.

Well Sebes, I'm glad you're back in the game and I look forward to what follows.

Regards,

Paul

sebes

Replies:

Arthur/Art128: Thanks for the nice comment.

Schulmanator: Thanks for stopping by.

Maarten/Mrtnrln: Bedankt! I'm glad you like Dutch buildings - and so do I. There will be more comming here, so stay tuned...

Earth quake: The rock texture is indeed not spectacular, you're right there! And, nobody likes a highway leading into town probably, but it can be very handy if you want to go there.  There are a few places in Holland too where the highway ends just before entering the town, and that is what I tried to get in Nieuw Rhenen to. For example:
Groningen (link) and Arnhem (link)
This MD is based on the situation of Rochester, NY (USA) and that city has a highway looping arround down town, as David/Dedgrens showed earlier in this MD here (link).

Casper: Thanks for finding Rhenen too! The station area turned out very well indeed. More pictures will follow. It's for me the first time that I use a slope mod, and it makes it all much more realistic!

Eric/Edge4194: Thanks for checking in again friend, and for the positive comment on the highway entering town. From the reactions one can tell if people are from North America or Europe...

Bat: Thanks for your 3rd comment here, and I am looking forward to your 4th  ;)

Paul/Paroch: I am always happy with your comment, no matter when it comes in. Kingly and Rhenen have a lot in common indeed. That is probably because the same architect was contracted to developpe the buildings ;).
Your three points regarding the Inner City Loop highway are all three very right: it is not pretty, it's very american (or 60's in europe), and it's very practical if you want to drive into town! Hofplein is not yet finished. The Boomland Fireworks grew there, and I expect to get a higher stage commercial if the entire area is getting more dressed up. I have been working on the flats residentials area so it will take a few updates before the town center is featured again. So, keep an eye on this place I'd say ...

Teaser:

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

MandelSoft

Looks nice, but unfortunaty we have to wait for more  :'( (For me it's a week without any computer access). This is a good teaser.

Oh, and you forgot Den Haag (A12 and A13) and Amsterdam (A2)  in the list of highways that end in a city.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

bat

Here's my 4th comment in your MD! :D

And a really nice teaser there! Looking forward to see the next update of that city... ;)

art128

waow nice effect  :thumbsup: it's look like a drawing  &apls
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Alfred.Jones

Looking forward to more Sebes ()stsfd()

Sim City 4 Devotion

CasperVg

Looks pretty, even when it's blurred  :)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Sciurus

Well done, very good effect! &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

bohort

It's beautiful but texture of this land is bad  &mmm
We have only planet ! Stop Global Warming !
I'm French, so sorry for my bad english !

paroch

Ooooh, is that an underpass I can see???  I'm starting to think the streets and highways of the centre of Rhenen would make for a great street motor racing circuit, a la Monaco!

Manny

Great teaser, I wait your update my friend  ;) !

bohort

I love your city  :thumbsup:
on the other hand there is too many freeway  &mmm
We have only planet ! Stop Global Warming !
I'm French, so sorry for my bad english !

burgemeester

Those Dutch houses  &apls :thumbsup: I realy like them!! Did you create them youself (and how)? Are they downloadable?

Ryan B.

That teaser looks great, sebes!  It looks like there are plenty of rail options.  ;) 

Keep up the good work!