• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Sorry I missed this until now. How great the things you do here!  :thumbsup:

I will wait patiently....... /wrrd%& ............... for mor things to come.

TheTeaCat

Evening All

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin this update.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Personal replies to follow

Ok we have some good news and some bad news.
first the bad news

PC crashed the other night while saving and exiting the game. When I fired it up the next day this is what I found.

Ooops

Ok I said just import th tile from the back up and it'll all be ok.
But When had I last backed up the region? That's right before I had started building the tile. Grrrrrr
See

Oh well. Regional population dropped by about 50,000 so not too bad  ::) but have a bit to do to catch up.

But I do have some pics but the original update has been put back a bit. In the meantime I do have some select shots to show which may tide you over for the mo :)

But first lets have some Tea picked by Monkeys who made it to the Monkey Rescue center and a thank you to all readers :)

The wind blows the blossoms in the garden. The monk breathes in. The air is crisp; the world is good. The only thing missing is some tea. Alas, the tea tree branches are too high and the mountain face is too steep. He stops in thought. His monkey, however, knowing his master wants tea, climbs the mountain face, picks the leaves, and brings them to the monk. And the tea was so delicious, other people began training their monkeys to pick it. So the legend goes.

Nowadays the practice of monkeys picking tea has all but died out, except in one small remote monastry where they still continue this remarkable tradition. No monkeys are harmed or mistreated in order for us to bring this rare brew to you!

And boy are we glad we found it. The legendary flavor is something that can only be tasted to be believed. Monkey Picked Tea is truly in a class by itself. Full of antioxidants, this tea will calm your soul, temper your spirit, and put you in divine touch with your monkey ancestors.

And very cools cats too :):)

The Monastery where the monkeys come for their special training :)

Some of the fencing around the Monkey Rescue Center

The small township that has grown to provide the essential that the rescue center needs (this time in glorious Technicolor)

A little Island getaway (also known as the mayor's Tax haven)

A closer view at sunset

sorry about the shots showing the "window's" frame
Hope you enjoyed this rather short update

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

BarbyW

Derry, when you get what appears to be a blank tile like that you should just try to  open the city. Often the city is actually fine even if it has crashed when saving. Happened to me today $%Grinno$%
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

TheTeaCat

The Goddess commented  ;D ;D
I'm honoured ;D ;D

Quote from: BarbyW on February 16, 2008, 11:11:10 AM
Derry, when you get what appears to be a blank tile like that you should just try to  open the city. Often the city is actually fine even if it has crashed when saving. Happened to me today $%Grinno$%

Thank you for the info Barby but I had tried that. when that didn't work I went for my backup but had forgotten to back that up too. My memory is not what.....

()what() What was i saying oh yes here's your tea Barby

TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

BarbyW

Thanks, Derry. Sorry you lost all your work but I look forward to seeing the next update. I do read this but rarely comment in MDs.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

warconstruct

splendid area which you have!  :o of very beautiful image, I the continuation with impatient waits  ;)
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

Hogmeister

Very nice work, so much to look at and very well done. Nothing beats a good cuppa tea, except maybe weasel coffee
Building Better Buildings Better

Pat

of course nothing beats a good Cat Tea lol.....  Derry that soo sucks and I feel for you as that has happend to me a couple times before exspecialy whilst doing a save gaaaaaaaaah....  I think I know what cause Barby's problem today and for that one Im sorry as well baaaaaaaaaad me....  Anywho Derry I cant wait till the next update...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Wonderful new pictures there, TTC! Great work on the island! :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

TTC!!!

Monkey picked tea??!! LOVE IT!

Sorry that your PC was having issues. At least you didn't lose too much. Once in a while, when that happens to me, I just come back better than ever. So, I am sure you will stun us with your greatness once again when you redo that area.

Until then, I will sip my monkey tea and wonder no more why it has the faint taste of bananas!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

paroch

Hi Derry,

Yikes!  It's never nice when we lose tile (or more).  And despite Bernhard reminding us to back up regularly, it seems that it happens to most of us sooner or later.  I can only say that from personal experience that as painful as it is, your new version WILL be better than what was there before.

Great pics by the way - love the Monkey Rescue Centre.

EDGE4194

Hi Derry- sorry about your loss, hopefully it won't take too long to recreate. Nice pics, and if I haven't said so before, fantastic region  :thumbsup: very nice :)

dedgren

Hi, TTC- Bravo is all that I can say for the great job you are doing here.  I've now taken a leisurely read back through all 20+ pages, and I'm once again amazed by images that amazed the first time around.  You do have a way with beautiful countryside, and your MD style draws the reader in like none other.  It's sad about the setback, but I've found that rebuilding a quad often opens up new possibilities that weren't apparent before (and adds to one's vocabulary nautical expletive-wise).

You are sharing a wonderful place here.  Thanks very, very much.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

TheTeaCat

Evening All

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin this update.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First order of business is Personal replies and so without any more preamble

Quote from: FrankU on February 11, 2008, 08:01:57 AM
Sorry I missed this until now. How great the things you do here!  :thumbsup:
I will wait patiently....... /wrrd%& ............... for mor things to come.

Welcome FrankU,
No need to be sorry , you got here in the end :D. Thank you for visiting and
commenting as it is always great to see and hear what people think. :D
Well some more has come see below :) $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Quote from: BarbyW on February 16, 2008, 12:26:19 PM
Thanks, Derry. Sorry you lost all your work but I look forward to seeing the next
update. I do read this but rarely comment in MDs.

Glad you enjoyed your cuppa ;). Ah to be sure it was only a few files that got lost,
nothing major. I remember one time when I lost my ......
ooops now we mention anymore 'cause there may be children reading ::) ;D ;D

Quote from: warconstruct on February 16, 2008, 12:40:41 PM
splendid area which you have!  :o of very beautiful image, I the continuation with
impatient waits  ;)

Thank you very much. I am glad you like it and hope you like the next few pics too;)

Quote from: Hogmeister on February 16, 2008, 03:27:43 PM
Very nice work, so much to look at and very well done. Nothing beats a good cuppa tea,
except maybe weasel coffee

Thank you glad you like the region ;)

Nope sorry to disagree BUT nothing beats a Good CUPPA TEA $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%
Not even Weasel C$**&&  $%Grinno$% nope cant even say that word  $%Grinno$%
its almost as bad as the tea that shall not be named  $%Grinno$%

Quote from: Pat on February 16, 2008, 05:42:30 PM

of course nothing beats a good Cat Tea lol.....  Derry that soo sucks and I feel for
you as that has happend to me a couple times before exspecialy whilst doing a save
gaaaaaaaaah....  I think I know what cause Barby's problem today and for that one Im
sorry as well baaaaaaaaaad me....  Anywho Derry I cant wait till the next update...

Pat its just one of those things that can happen, annoying but thats about it really,
I only lost one tile of the region,
now if I'd lost the region that would gotten me a bit peeved.

I may have to borrow that pic and rearrange it abit if you don't mind.

Oh new pics for you to peruse at your leisure below :)

Quote from: bat on February 17, 2008, 01:15:36 AM
Wonderful new pictures there, TTC! Great work on the island! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot. I'll admit it took a while to get it how I liked but was glad of the
result.

Quote from: Schulmanator on February 17, 2008, 04:40:15 AM
TTC!!!

Monkey picked tea??!! LOVE IT!
Sorry that your PC was having issues. At least you didn't lose too much. Once in a
while, when that happens to me, I just come back better than ever. So, I am sure you
will stun us with your greatness once again when you redo that area.

Until then, I will sip my monkey tea and wonder no more why it has the faint taste of
bananas!  :satisfied:

Well what better way could I honour my monkey friend. PC probs - sorted with a good
cuppa picked of course by monkeys  :D :D
Care to join me?

Quote from: paroch on February 17, 2008, 05:15:53 AM
Hi Derry,

Yikes!  It's never nice when we lose tile (or more).  And despite Bernhard reminding
us to back up regularly, it seems that it happens to most of us sooner or later.  I
can only say that from personal experience that as painful as it is, your new version
WILL be better than what was there before.

Great pics by the way - love the Monkey Rescue Centre.

Well when people start selling Monkeys for a Monkey I decided not to allow any monkey
business in my region so set up the Rescue Center,
and what a bonus I got  :D :D -  Monkey picked tea - the best you will ever taste  :D :D

As for the loss - fiddlesticks  :D :D

Quote from: EDGE4194 on February 18, 2008, 06:48:38 AM
Hi Derry- sorry about your loss, hopefully it won't take too long to recreate. Nice
pics, and if I haven't said so before, fantastic region  :thumbsup: very nice :)

Edge great to see you again. Re- loss see above comments :D :D
thanks for the comments, glad you like the area. stay tuned to see what is built in
that empty tile  :thumbsup:

Quote from: dedgren on February 18, 2008, 08:55:34 AM
Hi, TTC- Bravo is all that I can say for the great job you are
doing here.  I've now taken a leisurely read back through all 20+ pages, and I'm once
again amazed by images that amazed the first time around.  You do have a way with
beautiful countryside, and your MD style draws the reader in like none other.  It's
sad about the setback, but I've found that rebuilding a quad often opens up new
possibilities that weren't apparent before (and adds to one's vocabulary nautical expletive-wise).

You are sharing a wonderful place here.  Thanks very, very much.

David

David so great to see you again. I value your comments greatly seeing what you are
accomplishing in 3RR. I have a great affinity for the outdoors
and try to spend as much time as I can outside ( mostly on my MTB exploring the lanes
and trails I can find  ;D ). Cities are great places but the calm and tranquility of
the countryside appeals to me ( besides you don't get all the wonderful country smells
in a city $%Grinno$%) and try to reflect that in my regions.

It is always a pleasure to welcome you here my friend, knowing how busy you are and
shall make sure the kettle is boiling on your next visit   ;D

Now if I've missed anyone my apologies,
let me know and a free cuppa is yours :D

Now on with the show

A pic from a test bed city. You'll see the odd one of these every now and then
just for fun as this city is only used for the eye candy stuff like parks and flora only.
and the NAM of course.
All buildings are maxis standard but the original game still has a beauty to me

Now these next two pics show a wonderful BAT by Nexis. A viking long boat wreck.Linkie
I thought long and hard about how to use this and hope I did it justice
This was the 7th variation and the one I am most satisfied with ()stsfd()

New stuff that is being rebuilt but I don't really want you to see it yet $%Grinno$%
so I'll use a night shot :D :D

The first of the new high rises in the "lost tile". A good teaser for it I think ;)

Garrison Woods Phase 2 utilizing Ennedi's medium slope mod.
looks real nice at sunset ;D

I do hope you all enjoyed this little update but it takes a while to grow a metropolis on turtle speed
which is how I like to play ::) so please be patient
but if you can't wait go have a cuppa to pass some of the time :D :D

TTC

Ennedi

Hello Derry,

I missed a few updates - sorry!

Don't worry about losing one city, I'm sure you will recreate it in completely another way, even more picturesque and interesting, and maybe we will get to know a new intriguing story?  ;)

QuoteAll buildings are maxis standard but the original game still has a beauty to me

Yes of course! If you know how to mix them up with some custom content, you can achieve the better effect than without them!

QuoteNow these next two pics show a wonderful BAT by Nexis. A viking long boat wreck.
I thought long and hard about how to use this and hope I did it justice
This was the 7th variation and the one I am most satisfied with

You are a great player if only 7 attempts was enough for you!  :D
I didn't calculate how many times I terraformed my cape with the lighthouse, but it seems it was rather close to 17...  :P
But you are right, the effect is great and you can be satisfied of it  &apls

Your night pictures and the sunset shot are beautiful too!

Adam :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Yoman

Woah! Those pictures of that island look incredible, though it appears a few vikings didn't fare very well. The city at night also has a very vibrant feel, I can see a few well lit places to eat :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

Glad to see you back and in power!  :thumbsup: I knew you could brew yourself out of that problem!  ;D  I am currently enjoying some hot cocoa whilst perusing your update... it's a blustery cold night here, so it hits the spot. I am all out of monkey tea... need to pop in the store for more. I am looking forward to more of your awesome pix soon!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Pat

Derry my friend I would be honoured if you take and use that pic.... speaking of pics wow omg dude you did such wonderful tribute on that Island and I think the 7th time around worked out just fine...  The rest of the pics and including the night shots are also very wonderful....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Hogmeister

You have put so much work into your natural landscaping of the island, it's stunning.  :thumbsup: &apls
Building Better Buildings Better

bat

Like always it's a fantastic new update there!
And the work on that island is also great!
Nice night shots! And the test bed city is looking great, as well! :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next one!