• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Evening All

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin this update.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you all for your comments :thumbsup:
I appreciate each and every one of them and it is also good to see new ones too. :thumbsup:
RL caught up with me and it was a while before I could really play but I have some new pics for you all.

Ok I have a random collection form the lost tile in no particular order or anything but would you expect less from me :D :D

As this is a work in progress you may see stuff that just plain ain't right,
don't worry  $%Grinno$%

It will probably get fixed but at a later date ::)

Anyhoo on with the show

The old town

The scene where "The Terminator Twins" were gunned down.

The next four are from an updated area.
I have been fascinated by Xannepan's BAT of the Burg Eltz and never been able to find
a location to display it to its advantage but I hope I did it justice ;D

And my favourite
The Burg Eltz at sunset

Well there you go folks, what do you think?
Let me know eh?

While we are at it lets see if I can make the final jump Back into the Classics :D :D
only 20 replies required :D

Till the next time
:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

RippleJet

Lovely w2w's and industries! :)

And you couldn't have found a better place for Burg Eltz! :thumbsup:
Hope the local planners won't suggest developing the areas next to the burg! $%Grinno$%

Pat

Derry WoW!!! You defintly found a perfect spot for the Burg and did it such wonderful justice!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Schulmanator

A fine assortment of buildings... I was already charmed when I saw Burg Eltz... that placement put it over the top...

you now deserve a 100 litre kettle of tea for the awesomeness of your update!  :thumbsup:

Great stuff!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

JBSimio

Great update, Derry!  You chose a wonderful setting for the Burg Eltz... but what really caught my eye was the way you positioned it so that the stairs come down to the water.  It's such a common "old world" feature, but there aren't many chances to mimic it.  The fact that you did just puts it over the top.   &apls

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

paroch

Great update there Derry,

I was looking for the things that aren't quite right.  Well, couldn't spot any.  Some pics have a very "interesting" mix of architectural styles, but hey, isn't that one of the beauties of this great game?

And saving the Burg for last was impressive.  The pics are awesome.  It's a great bat, but your placement, plus the use of rocks, trees, bushes and the waterline make it a masterpiece.  Surely a winner in the picture comp.

And only a few more until you leave us in Best Sellers and take your place amongst the classics - enjoy.

Paul

Ennedi

Hello Derry,

Your w2w pictures are beautiful, I especially like 5th, 6th and 7th one  :thumbsup:

But the Burg Eltz... I always knew you are one of the most creative guys here on this site!   :D &apls
The place for the castle was choosen and arranged perfectly, it looks great from all sides (and it is not easy - I know something about it  :D)
This castle has a very interesting feature, you can arrange the entrance road in different ways depending on the terraforming. My castle in Shosaloza has a flat terrain under this part of it and the entrance is shorter. You made a subtle slope and your entrance is much longer, in addition you showed these nice stairs at the side of the wall  :thumbsup:
Also, the water mod and stones at the riverside give a very nice touch. I agree, the sunset shot is fantastic!
I love also the road with the bridge and trees and the general view of the area. You created a very nice harmony between groups of buildings and empty spaces. Beautiful update!

Adam

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat

That's a beautiful place for that Burg! And a lot of wonderful pictures in that great update!!

Looking forward to more...

jmyers2043

Hello TTC

I enjoyed looking at every single picture of your update. I especially like the picture of the castle sitting where the two rivers join. In fact, so much so that I've made an effort to sort through my thought process as to why. It is a nice building no doubt. But that in and of its self is not enough. You've placed it into a great setting. I found myself just sitting looking at it. I discovered my mind wandering off as I created a story in my mind's eye. A day dream based on a scene that became a virtual reality if even for a moment in time.  The castle scene is one of those special pictures as it has the ability to elicit emotion and appreciation.  And I thank you.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

catty

The pictures of the castle were just awesome &apls
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Yoman

Wonderful placement of that castle! Only 10 more comments until this excellent MD makes it to Classics!

meldolion

Great placement of the castle!!! Remembers me of Eilan Donan Castle, the Highlander castle in Scotland...  &apls

Simpson

It is very very beautiful, I really love your work but I do not like how you put the highway
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

FrankU

Beautiful castle positioning! As accurate as a medieval knight would do it. &apls
Stupid question: where is the base texture?

rooker1

Super update, I love it.  And you did find the perfect setting for the castle. 
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

EDGE4194

Derry- nice to have you back! That was a great selection of pictures and a great mix of buildings.
Fantastic job with the placement of the Burg Eltz, it looks great there  :thumbsup: (I didn't get a chance to vote on it in the contest  :( ). I must ask about the drive-in theater. Did you lot that yourself, or find it somewhere?

thundercrack83

rooker1

Congrats Derry on the move to OSITM, very well deserved my friend.
I guess you'll be putting on the kettle for us all.
&apls &apls &apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Heeeeeeeeeey Derry Congrats on your 2nd round in OSITM!!! What a honor to see you back in this special light sire!!!...

a great biiiiiiiiiiiiiig cup of tea from me to you M8

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CabraBuitre

Looks great!  I really like the building combinations with the W2W!

Check out Abelfarei!