• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE4194

Quote from: TheTeaCat on April 06, 2008, 05:41:52 AM
Great to see you again mate.
Ok I shall see what i can do for you re; those pics - stay tuned.
BTW Did you know you DID something amazing in my MD?
NO? 
Bet your wondering what it is now eh?

()what() please share...

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Nice new post there, TTC! And like the new teaser! Looking forward to the new developments!

Pat

Derry great update here and spellin I learnt me some good spellin lol....   I do have to say i cant wait to see how you rework the MW... The teaser also looks real good there as well!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Heblem

Looking at those TEAsers makes me wondering  $%Grinno$% excellent update btw ;)

Nardo69

Sorry for being a tad late but last week I had been away from home and at the weekend there was no SC4D ...  :'(

Let me invite you - suiting to my location - to a nice Karadeniz Çayi - a nice glass of Tea made out of 1st class Black Sea Tea:

Should've come here earlier ...

Take care and don't forget to make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably?

Replies to comments to follow

Remember this?

Well........

The plan that was decided in the end was to sink the motorway underground using
technology developed for the CAT project in the USA. Much inconvenience was caused
during the inital phases but the contractors spurred on by a massive completion bonus
of $s10,000,000 finished the project over night apparently.

Some say that TheTeaCat used his divine catlike powers to freeze time while creating a
bubble around the area where construction could take place.

Well the next morning the residents awoke to

S.H.A.M.E.

Shaphiyr-Harren Arterial Motorway Engineering

The motorway that ran through the old town gone replaced by

with some noise walls built also to help some of the residents :)

And the junction that was here has also been changed.(with Phase B in mind)

here we have the underground view of that junction.

Traffic seems to be the same or better  :D will monitor things and let you know.
If all seems good Phase B should start fairly soon.

Better or no?
let me know.[/font]

:satisfied:
TTC

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Pat

Derry Fantastic update there and I cant wait to see part B!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Nardo69

Great update!

I just don't like the tunnel entrance at the roundabout. I doubt that the roundabout would be sufficient (at least IRL) to serve the tunnel entrance ...  %wrd

I would do the main entrance before the crossing avenue and connect the two avenues with two ramps. This way no crossing traffic. If you don't want any crossing at all you can do four ramps, two as tunnel ramps, two as normal ramps.

Hope I could express what I wanted to say in a way you can understand ... &mmm

Take care (and don't forget to make backups!) 

thundercrack83

Hello, Derry!

Wonderful, wonderful work you've got going here, my friend! But then again, that's nothing new here! You're certainly making the most of your time here in OSITM, and it's only April 7! There's something special going on, I can feel it!

Take care, my good friend!

Dustin

rooker1

Super update, but I tend to agree with Bernhard on that round about by the tunnel entrance.  I would like to see an avenue bridge over the other avenue and than on and off ramps.  ;) Just a thought.........

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Great work on the highway there and intersections! And also looking forward to phase B! :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

Replies

Quote from: bat on April 06, 2008, 08:50:20 AM
Nice new post there, TTC! And like the new teaser! Looking forward to the new developments!
Quote from: bat on April 09, 2008, 06:26:15 AM
Great work on the highway there and intersections! And also looking forward to phase B!

:thumbsup:

Thanks for your comments as always. phase B is just around the corner :)
Hope you like whats planned.

Quote from: Pat on April 06, 2008, 11:40:35 AM
Derry great update here and spellin I learnt me some good spellin lol....   I do have to say
i cant wait to see how you rework the MW... The teaser also looks real good there as well!!!
Quote from: Pat on April 07, 2008, 12:18:51 PM
Derry Fantastic update there and I cant wait to see part B!!!!!!

Oh boy I'm going to have to work on your grammar too     lol.
I'm glad you like what you see.Phase B construction is a lot more difficult.
You'll understand when you see the works in store. Stay tuned :)

Quote from: Heblem on April 06, 2008, 11:54:39 AM
Looking at those TEAsers makes me wondering  $%Grinno$% excellent update btw ;)

Isn't that what TEAsers are supposed to do? leave you wondering? heehee
thank you, glad you  liked it :thumbsup:

Quote from: Nardo69 on April 07, 2008, 10:45:34 AM
Sorry for being a tad late but last week I had been away from home and at the weekend there
was no SC4D ...  :'(
Let me invite you - suiting to my location - to a nice Karadeniz Çayi
- a nice glass of Tea made out of 1st class Black Sea Tea:
Should've come here earlier ...
Take care and don't forget to make backups!

Quote from: Nardo69 on April 07, 2008, 12:35:05 PM
Great update!
I just don't like the tunnel entrance at the roundabout. I doubt that the roundabout would be
sufficient (at least IRL) to serve the tunnel entrance ...  %wrd
I would do the main entrance before the crossing avenue and connect the two avenues
with two ramps. This way no crossing traffic. If you don't want any crossing at all you can
do four ramps, two as tunnel ramps, two as normal ramps.

Hope I could express what I wanted to say in a way you can understand ... &mmm

Take care (and don't forget to make backups!) 

Bernhard,
No need to apologise. Just very glad you got here in the end.
Thank you so much for the wonderful gift of Tea. I must admit that in all my years of
teadrinking I've never heard of Karadeniz Çayi, so your gift is even more special.
"Gurbh mile maith agat" (Gaelic for A thousand thanks to you :)

Thanks you for your honesty re: the tunnel entrance. More about this particular junction is in
Phase B and I shall try and explain fully what I intend to do there. thank you also for your
input and yes I can visualise in my mind what you are saying. I value your input and hope
that my solution works as I plan but as you know "the best laid plans of mice and men....."

AS for the backups - I've learned my lesson :)

Quote from: thundercrack83 on April 07, 2008, 12:49:14 PM
Hello, Derry!

Wonderful, wonderful work you've got going here, my friend! But then again, that's nothing
new here! You're certainly making the most of your time here in OSITM, and it's only April 7!
There's something special going on, I can feel it!

Take care, my good friend!

Dustin

Thank you Dustin.

Well I might as well make the most of it eh? and make a special effort for everybody. this
month is a good month to work on "that lost tile"and there are some major works in the go as you can see.
More to follow so as always stay tuned :)

Quote from: rooker1 on April 08, 2008, 09:15:54 AM
Super update, but I tend to agree with Bernhard on that round about by the tunnel entrance. 
I would like to see an avenue bridge over the other avenue and than on and off ramps.  ;)
Just a thought.........

Robin  :thumbsup:

Robin,
Wonderful to see you again and thank you for your input also.

As mentioned above that particular area has more works in store so it will change again.
hope fully all works as I hope - lets wait and see eh?

Spotted this time round :)

camaro_69
m4346   
Nardo69
Catty

thanks for popping in folks :thumbsup:
To all the Lurkers and Guests also  :thumbsup:
Say hi on your way through ;)

Edge

A question for you.

Park or Plaza??

This has got to do with my plans. Sorry for being so cryptic.

And to ease that furrowed brow of yours

Phase B to follow shortly.

TheTeaCat.

Pat

Derry I am still awaiting the part B to the Update and I do hope Edge gets in here in time for either or  ;)

catty

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

bat

TheTeaCat

S.H.A.M.E. Phase B

S.H.A.M.E. Phase B Plans

"Order, ORDER"
(Sound of banging gavel)

"Lets begin this presentation."

"Good evening everyone,
My name as you all know is Rob M. Blynde or The Mayor.
(Cheers and Boos echo through the room)"

"As you all know Shaphiyr-Harren's big engineering project at the moment is S.H.A.M.E.
And with Phase A being a resounding success except for one or two critics,
Phase B will soon swing into action."

"As we all know those "Critics" whose input has been so valuable will hopefully understand why the junction was
designed that way. in fact more work has to be done in that particular area as an unforeseen problem has arisen.
Not with the entrance mind you but underground ::) . More on that later."

"How about some pics?
lets recap what the plan is."

"Ok as you can see phase A went ahead with just a minor hiccup,
It seems that some one left an access tunnel open and a sign in the wrong place which is causing some of you to
take the wrong route but don't worry folks plans are in operation to fix the problem."

"Here we can see the use of the planned section of MW along with the tube use in that area.
Some woeful underground layout will have to be rectified, the offending planner of the system has been fired
you'll be glad to note."

"Here you can see where the tube system has been streamlined but it still leaves a major headache. It lies directly in line with
the planned subsurface work of Phase B."

"The original plan was to tunnel directly under it present location an follow the same route to re-emerge above ground before
the bridge. Now it seems that we shall have to detour around the train station so lets see what happens.

Ok onto the other subject of tonight.
The use of the area that has been vacated by the now defunct MM section and it seems that you the residents want a landmark to

mark the occasion. So the Gateway Arch has been constructed to symbolise A New freshness blowing through the city

But we'll hold onto that for a moment, oh ok heres a teaser of what it will look like."

Stay tuned more to come soon.

TTC

Thought for the day:
Have you ever seen an underground tube train running in the game?

Pat

hmm you know what Derry to think of it No I havent seen the Subway used at all... Man o Man seems like a little headache relive is in order here, cant wait to see how everything comes together....

thundercrack83

Well, S.H.A.M.E. is becoming a major project, isn't it? I can't wait to see how things progress with it, my friend--keep up the marvelous work!

Dustin

meldolion

great Updates!! Let's see how you deal with this major project :D

btw, do you mind if I take a instead of tea? :)
Luca