• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE4194

The Arch is going to look nice there. Good job mayor- the citizens will approve  :thumbsup:

p.s.  most definitely a park  ;)

bat

TheTeaCat

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably?

TEAser

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Schulmanator

Consider me teased! I got my cuppa and a stack of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies (biscuits) to help me prepare for the next awesome update.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

TheTeaCat

Replies to Follow

Well seeing as Phase A of S.H.A.M.E. went well all it seems that all the local residents are very pleased with the
fact that the noise and fumes of the traffic has disappeared the said "Yep go ahead with Phase B."

"No Problemo" says the mayor "But you do realise that we just paid out a massive completion bonus
and if we start construction now I'll have to raise taxes."

Yikes   

"leave it a bit until the funds are available." cried the sims

blah d blah d blah
Insert useless meeting conversations continue here ( use imagination please )

ok enough of that. :D :D

Phase B will go ahead on time on schedule. &apls

A quick recap for those late in joining.

As you can see Phase b of S.H.A.M.E.will somehow have to swing around the station due to the tube system already in
place. The plan is still to have it exit before the bridge turn but we shall lose the exit that nobody takes at the
moment anyhow as they travel to the intersection with the ave .

As you can see a rather larger section should disappear with would give back quite a bit of space.

I can hear developers gleefully rubbing their hands together in the background.

LETS DISAPPOINT THEM.  :o :o :o

As you can see the city dignitaries gathered here at the local university (due to lack of other imposing
buildings/formal settings)

to hear the mayor proclaim that the area vacated by the motorway would be designated for
park and recreational use only. ???

Really ? ???

Yes

For Sure?

Yes.

later that evening some clever cat took a risk (which have been banned in Shaphiyr-Harren on
account of them scaring CATS and dogs and MONKEYS)

and left off some fireworks, all caught on a simphone apparently.

So then work has finally started on this section and the completion date for this project has been set for

well very soon :)

So to tide you over heres a few pics  :D

Preparations are continuing late into the night for the meeting here at the new galleria
for the inauguration of Edge into TTC.

The TTC - what the heck does it mean? ???

(poor old Edge. He still doesn't know what he did  $%Grinno$% )

Something special has been ordered to mark this momentous occasion. :)

Now for some close ups of those pics in the TEAser :)

Two gas company servicemen, a senior training supervisor and a
younger trainee, were out checking meters in a quiet
neighborhood of Shaphiyr-Harren.
They parked their gas truck at the end of the alley and
worked their way to the other end. At the last house a woman
looking out her kitchen window watched the two men as they
checked her gas meter.

Finishing the meter check, the senior supervisor challenged his
younger co-worker to a foot race down the alley back to the truck
to prove that an older guy could outrun a younger one.

As they came running up to the truck, they realized the lady from
that last house was huffing and puffing right behind them. They
stopped and asked her what was wrong.

Gasping for breath, she replied: "When I see two gas men running
as hard as you two were, I thought I'd better run too!"

Till the next time.

TTC

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Pat

Derry great update here and I think the gas company better have a policy in place saying that no employee is to run for fun lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dsrwhat316

i don't comment often in MDs, but yours is an exceptional one. your new city is looking splendid.

your story-telling skills are also great; i'll try and stop by again!

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

bat

Great new update there! Also like the teaser before that update!

Looking forward to the next update...

tooheys

Nice work Derry, and belated congrats on the move to OSITM  &apls

Like the pic's, especially 3rd from the end,. To be honest, I don't normally like the extra dark mod, but that pic really stands out. Photocomp material I think.

A great update (except for the joke  $%Grinno$%).

Cheers

Dave

EDGE4194

Quote from: tooheys on April 13, 2008, 04:04:44 AM
Like the pic's, especially 3rd from the end,. To be honest, I don't normally like the extra dark mod, but that pic really stands out. Photocomp material I think.

I agree with Dave about the pic, but i thought the joke was great!  :D 

%BUd%  &hlp Derry, you've obviously figured out that patience is not my strong point! ;D

Ennedi

Hello Derry, I see you prepared a really great presentation for this month!  :thumbsup:

I had no time to comment the beginning of your engineering project, but I was very curious of your concepts. Yes, these are really huge civil works, very well planned and executed. And first of all, the explanation and comments are perfect!

I understand these empty spaces between buildings and along main arteries will be filled by something. It is good some parts of the highway is now hidden, it wouldn't be very pleasant to have thousands of cars in the backyard  :D But now I'm curious how you will make use of this newly saved space.
The fireworks animaton is fantastic, did you use the Fireworks Park from ST?

And... as for night mods, I see you have exactly the same idea as me!  ;D I also came to the conclusion that Gizmo's and Maxis mods are good in different conditions. Buildings nightlights look excellent during Gizmo's night, but roads, streetlights and plazas are often too dark. So if you want to show traffic or city life at night, the Maxis night is better. After all, we have darker and brighter nights in RL too  :D

I love your MD!
Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

sebes

Derry, what a pleasant surprise to read your MD today and discover this great project going on. Shame on me that did not see it before. I'll be following it for sure, as projects like this are for me what docter novels are for my mother  :P

I love the fact that you decide to use the underground highways. The entrances of the system always make me drool, and you made a very nice one there. I agree with Nardo that the roundabout is very "off" there. Well, i hate all roundabouts I guess, especially if highway traffic has to slow down for them - that is just asking for congestion. So am looking forward to see how it will be connected with the rest of the traffic system in plan B.

The night pictures are excellent! And fnally some that I can see with my nightblindness.  :thumbsup:
Can you also show the 3rd picture (the one that entered the picture competition) in daylight?
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

TheTeaCat

Replies

Quote from: catty on April 09, 2008, 11:37:21 PM
still ()lurker() catty

Hi Catty
Lucky I spotted you then.
If you keep running out the door like that you'll never get the chance to drink this
maybe the cookie will help too :)
Now that you've posted it wont be so hard the next time eh?

Quote from: Pat on April 10, 2008, 11:02:04 AM
hmm you know what Derry to think of it No I havent seen the Subway used at all... Man o Man seems like a little headache relive is in order here, cant wait to see how everything comes together....

Its an interesting thing having tube trains and not seeing them except for when they travel above ground.
Not an easy project I can tell you, many "quit without saving to region" and start again.
But I have something that works and you'll see the results soon.

Quote from: dsrwhat316 on April 12, 2008, 10:54:40 PM
i don't comment often in MDs, but yours is an exceptional one. your new city is looking splendid.

your story-telling skills are also great; i'll try and stop by again!

~ Dan

Thank you for your visit Dan.
And for taking the time to make a comment here :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You will always be welcome here and I do hope to see you again.

Quote from: bat on April 13, 2008, 02:58:20 AM
Great new update there! Also like the teaser before that update!

Looking forward to the next update...

Thanks as always bat. Next update  soon my friend :D

Quote from: tooheys on April 13, 2008, 04:04:44 AM
Nice work Derry, and belated congrats on the move to OSITM  &apls

A great update (except for the joke  $%Grinno$%).

Cheers

Dave

Dave
Thank you. You know there are times when I also don't like it, (streetlight brightness and car headlights just look all wrong)
but on some occasions it can be just the thing you need for a good pic.
Entered the pic that you  liked, it won a round  :thumbsup: (not good enough for the HoF but I never expected it to reach there $%Grinno$% )

Joke  ()what()  what joke- it were a true tale from one of the residents of Shaphiyr-Harren ::)

Quote from: EDGE4194 on April 13, 2008, 06:51:46 AM
I agree with Dave about the pic, but i thought the joke was great!  :D 

%BUd%  &hlp Derry, you've obviously figured out that patience is not my strong point! ;D

Cheers Edge. see above re: said pic
Yep it were not a bad joke in my opinion either(One of my cleaner ones anyhow :D :D)

Ok park has been built for you now for the last thing you have to do before you see what I have planned ::)
Which BSC (park )texture for the paths?

Quote from: Ennedi on April 14, 2008, 06:50:35 AM
Hello Derry, I see you prepared a really great presentation for this month!  :thumbsup:

I had no time to comment the beginning of your engineering project, but I was very curious of your concepts. Yes, these are really huge civil works, very well planned and executed. And first of all, the explanation and comments are perfect!

I understand these empty spaces between buildings and along main arteries will be filled by something. It is good some parts of the highway is now hidden, it wouldn't be very pleasant to have thousands of cars in the backyard  :D But now I'm curious how you will make use of this newly saved space.
The fireworks animaton is fantastic, did you use the Fireworks Park from ST?

And... as for night mods, I see you have exactly the same idea as me!  ;D I also came to the conclusion that Gizmo's and Maxis mods are good in different conditions. Buildings nightlights look excellent during Gizmo's night, but roads, streetlights and plazas are often too dark. So if you want to show traffic or city life at night, the Maxis night is better. After all, we have darker and brighter nights in RL too  :D

I love your MD!
Adam

Adam

Wonderful to see you again my friend :thumbsup:
thank you. Yes there were many complaints regarding the traffic noise etc so the only solution was to hide it underground.
Obviously much empty space would be left and as stated these will become "Green Area's" and public parks have been planned for these
areas which will be covered in a future update. 

No that in not the lot from ST its just the standard ingame fireworks caught as separate pics and put together as a GIF.

yes we are of the same opinion regarding Gizmo's Night Mod. It works well for certain situations and not others.
As long as you know what type of pic you want, then its not a problem.

As for your last comment :thumbsup:

Thank you very much.

Looking forward to welcoming you here again.

Quote from: sebes on April 15, 2008, 04:27:16 AM
Derry, what a pleasant surprise to read your MD today and discover this great project going on. Shame on me that did not see it before. I'll be following it for sure, as projects like this are for me what doctor novels are for my mother  :P

I love the fact that you decide to use the underground highways. The entrances of the system always make me drool, and you made a very nice one there. I agree with Nardo that the roundabout is very "off" there. Well, i hate all roundabouts I guess, especially if highway traffic has to slow down for them - that is just asking for congestion. So am looking forward to see how it will be connected with the rest of the traffic system in plan B.

The night pictures are excellent! And fnally some that I can see with my nightblindness.  :thumbsup:
Can you also show the 3rd picture (the one that entered the picture competition) in daylight?

Sebes
Great to see you again.
It has been one of my more ambitious projects as I usually lay out the underground stuff before building but not this time.
The roundabout you see there will change quite a bit once i show the completed Phase B. As you can understand it is a work in progress
and the sims must get to work so the present system had to work temporarily and at the time that was the solution.
But its changed and you will soon see how.

As for that pic in daylight - no problem. I get a shot and include in next update for you :D :D

Right now its time to fire up the game and play a bit.
Got an update to prepare :D :D

TTC

catty

Nothing better than reading the "Tales at TeaTime" with a cup of tea and a cookie  ()stsfd()
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Pat

yuppers Catty you have that soooo right there hun!!!  :thumbsup:  Derry my M8 I cant wait for that Update!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

EDGE4194

TheTeaCat

xxdita

Fireworks don't scare monkeys

Just getting caught up here, great work with S.H.A.M.E. so far. I'll check back to see the parks.

Schulmanator

Those pix are awesome! The monkeys love them... and they rate the update 6 out of 5 bananas for awesomeness!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

bat

Looking forward to the next update of Tales at TeaTime! ;)