• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

Hi Derry,

Been away for a while, so missed LOADS.

First up, congrats on your second OSITM.
Second up, I'm impressed with what you're doing with your OSITM time.  In my opinion, the award is an honour and a time to really shine.  The spot light is on you.  Robin did a great OSITM recently with his competition and fundraising drive.  Well, your SHAME project is equally #right# for OSITM, I'm impressed.
Third up, congrats on over 500 comments and back to the classics.
Fourth up, well done on the Burg to HoF - well deserved.
Finally.....I found you a new mug for a nice cuppa......

Enjoy,

Paul

TheTeaCat

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably?

S.H.A.M.E. Phase B Completed.

Ladies and Gentlemen
Its gives me great pleasure to announce the opening of
S.H.A.M.E. Phase B Open.

As you will remember traffic has been planned to be routed underground so that the city can be freed
from the choking fumes and some measure of peace restored.

Phase B required some substantial underground work what with having to realign the tube network,
so that S.HA.M.E. could go ahead.

Now that work has been done as you can see here. you can now enter into S.HA.M.E. from two main entrances

which has eased traffic quite considerably and there is even on off ramp to the main downtown Ave :)

used once opened nicely I think too.

Now that roundabout that people didn't really like  ::)
is this better?

A night view

The New Arch which was built on the reclaimed Phase A part of S.H.A.M.E.

And a random shot from town

Oh Yes Sebes
I didn't forget you

Because one is never enough :)

What happens to the space left by phase B?
Stay tuned and find out soon.

:satisfied:
TTC

PS replies to follow

??? well thats obvious really isn't it?

edit:

Spotted: I see you Kumba  :D :D
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

bat

Wonderful picture of that roundabout, TTC! Great work on that part!
And looking forward to the result! ;)

sebes

&apls Well done mate!  &apls

The underground map is very interesting, thanks for posting this.
And the round about... well what to say? The picture is nice, it looks great. But I strongly believe that it should be a crossing with different levels. Can I tempt you? 

And a big thank you for the daylight, the sunset, and the midnight picture. I asked the DL pic because I did not recognize the building, and must say, ashamed, I still don't. &ops  What is that building? And I am especially drooling about the textures used for the pavement around it, the orange squares and blue circles.... I think I'd want that in my city as a returning thread...
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

EDGE4194

Quote from: sebes on April 20, 2008, 04:40:03 AM
And a big thank you for the daylight, the sunset, and the midnight picture. I asked the DL pic because I did not recognize the building, and must say, ashamed, I still don't. &ops  What is that building? And I am especially drooling about the textures used for the pavement around it, the orange squares and blue circles.... I think I'd want that in my city as a returning thread...
I am curious as well... it looks very similar to Cobb32118's Seaside Villa

Pat

Derry wonderful update here and a great job on the completion of SHAME!!!!  I love your new cuppa that paul gave you and I cant wait to see what you do with that empty space from part B of the SHAME project.....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Schulmanator

That looks so good I will need a new tin of biscuits to have with my tea!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Nardo69

Wonderful Update! Haven't seen that Cobb (is it the Europa?) for ages! Quite often it just doesn't, but here it works perfectly!

But with the roundabout I agree with Sebes - Why go up, cross another avenue at level and then go down again instead of crossing at the different levels and connect both arterias with ramps (except if you absolutely want to use Blahdy's wonderful BATs that is ...  :D )

About Karadeniz Cayi / Black Sea Tea:

Turkey has a big Tea area at the Black Sea, especially around the harbour town Rize. But because tea is drunk so much in Turkey (I read somewhere that Turkey has one of the highest average tea consumption per head - much higher even than the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland Turkey is not exporting tea as their own production is by far not enough to suffice Turkey tea demand (the same with banana however Turkey has only a very small Banana area at Cap Anamur)

Take care and don't forget to make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

JBSimio

I've been neglecting to comment again, I see.  I've enjoyed the last couple updates, Derry.   :thumbsup:  I'm very intrigued by the glimpse of what appears to be a park near your "controversial" round about there.  Will there be more of that in our future?  (Or is it already shown here somewhere else and I just need to pay better attention?)  I also really like the placement of Nofunk's water tower there... it's an interesting choice, and it looks great there!

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

TheTeaCat

Replies

Its been a very busy week this week in RL so sorry about the delay in getting the replies done but here we are :)

Quote from: catty on April 17, 2008, 08:21:41 PM
Nothing better than reading the "Tales at TeaTime" with a cup of tea and a cookie 

()stsfd()
I could not have said it better  myself  :thumbsup:
update to follow real soon :thumbsup:

Quote from: xxdita on April 19, 2008, 02:59:38 AM
Fireworks don't scare monkeys

Just getting caught up here, great work with S.H.A.M.E. so far. I'll check back to

see the parks.

Thank you very much. Good to hear Monkeys + fireworks = ok :)
Glad to hear you'll be popping back- I'll stick the kettle on

Quote from: Schulmanator on April 19, 2008, 05:03:18 AM
Those pix are awesome! The monkeys love them... and they rate the update 6 out of 5

bananas for awesomeness!

I am so glad that the monkeys like what they see. Hopefully someday we can arrange a

visit for them :) A special Mandate can be passed so if they want to climb over

Buildings and trees etc (NO Monuments Please) to get a better picture they can, as

long as they behave themselves of course :)

Quote from: bat on April 19, 2008, 06:01:42 AM
Looking forward to the next update of Tales at TeaTime! ;)

Not long now  :)

Quote from: paroch on April 19, 2008, 12:09:22 PM
Hi Derry,

Been away for a while, so missed LOADS.

First up, congrats on your second OSITM.
Second up, I'm impressed with what you're doing with your OSITM time.  In my

opinion, the award is an honour and a time to really shine.  The spot light is on

you.  Robin did a great OSITM recently with his competition and fundraising drive. 

Well, your SHAME project is equally #right# for OSITM, I'm impressed.
Third up, congrats on over 500 comments and back to the classics.
Fourth up, well done on the Burg to HoF - well deserved.
Finally.....I found you a new mug for a nice cuppa......

Enjoy,

Paul

Paul

Welcome back and I hope you enjoyed your break in Jordan. Marvelous pics you
shared with us from there thanks for that.
And I am glad you like what you see.
Well spending a month in OSITM meant I had to do something I wouldn't be
aSHAMEd of and the city needed some serious work and you see what happened.

Nice to be back there when I leave this great springboard section of the MD's.
As you say its a chance to shine and I hope I lived up to it.

The Burg Picture is one of my Personal Favourites and was so Happy it made it to

the Hall of Fame. Its such a magnificent BAT it needed something special in its

location and I do believe it works well there.

Thanks for the mug.I shall add it to my collection as a treasured gift but I
unfortunately could never drink from it mate. $%Grinno$%

It HAS to be from this one
but I say thanks for the gesture.
BUT I'll be more than happy to fill it up for YOU mate anytime you ask.

Quote from: bat on April 20, 2008, 03:18:10 AM
Wonderful picture of that roundabout, TTC! Great work on that part!
And looking forward to the result! ;)

Cheeres dude coming soon

Quote from: sebes on April 20, 2008, 04:40:03 AM
&apls Well done mate!  &apls

The underground map is very interesting, thanks for posting this.
And the round about... well what to say? The picture is nice, it looks great. But I

strongly believe that it should be a crossing with different levels. Can I tempt

you? 

And a big thank you for the daylight, the sunset, and the midnight picture. I asked

the DL pic because I did not recognize the building, and must say, ashamed, I still

don't. &ops  What is that building? And I am especially drooling about the textures

used for the pavement around it, the orange squares and blue circles.... I think I'd

want that in my city as a returning thread...

Sebes
Welcome once again and thank you.

No problem on the pics and as our friend Bernhard correctly Guessed its the R$$9

Europa. Its in the game lot which gerw side by side and just fits that location

perfectly. Much much better than what was there. Opened the tile one night and they

popped up. Must admit I was a happy cay that moment, clicked historical straight

away :)

As for that junction well.....

It already is a multilevel junction. The underground section goes straight on and

the entrance exit are slip roads really. The majority of that traffic through that

roundabout is access really and there is not a heavy use of the avenue.

So all along I was in a way creating the multi level junction and it still leave

room to upgrade if necessary. The completion bonus's to the contractors wiped out

over 25,000,000$$ from the city funds and more work on that section would have

prevent the development of the area vacated by the motorway so it  a matter of whats

needed most. Green area's and regeneration or a fancy junction.

I think this choice at the present is better.

Quote from: EDGE4194 on April 20, 2008, 06:53:01 AM
I am curious as well... it looks very similar to Cobb32118's Seaside Villa

Bernhard got it right
OOh BTW stay very tuned, The Golden Teapot turned up today :) Its been placed in its
location at TTC- TheThreeClub and will be used soon. :)

Quote from: Pat on April 20, 2008, 11:45:36 AM
Derry wonderful update here and a great job on the completion of SHAME!!!!  I love

your new cuppa that Paul gave you and I cant wait to see what you do with that empty

space from part B of the SHAME project.....

Cheers Pat. Glad Phase B is over - It wasn't easy getting it right but it works and
I'm happy. You'll soon see what happens to that space.

Quote from: Schulmanator on April 20, 2008, 06:07:50 PM
That looks so good I will need a new tin of biscuits to have with my tea! 

TEA
BISCUITS
HMMM
gooood
gonna have to make some now

Care to see if the monkeys would like some too?

Quote from: Nardo69 on April 24, 2008, 05:18:19 PM
Wonderful Update! Haven't seen that Cobb (is it the Europa?) for ages! Quite often

it just doesn't, but here it works perfectly!

But with the roundabout I agree with Sebes - Why go up, cross another avenue at

level and then go down again instead of crossing at the different levels and connect

both arterias with ramps (except if you absolutely want to use Blahdy's wonderful

BATs that is ...  :D )

About Karadeniz Cayi / Black Sea Tea:

Turkey has a big Tea area at the Black Sea, especially around the harbour town

Rize. But because tea is drunk so much

in Turkey (I read somewhere that Turkey has one of the highest average tea

consumption per head - much higher even than the United Kingdom or the Republic of

Ireland Turkey is not exporting tea as their own production is by far not enough to

suffice Turkey tea demand (the same with banana however Turkey has only a very small

Banana area at Cap Anamur)

Bernhard
Thanks, Yes you are correct. It is indeed the Europa and looks great in that

location especially side by side.

As for the roundabout see my reply to Sebes.

The Ave goes N/S above ground. the MW goes W/E underground with access ramps to the

roundabout and it still leaves room for upgrade. works well at the mo - in fact

eased the traffic flow :)

As for Turkey drinking that much tea I didn't know that. I average about 20 mugs a

day which I suppose is a bit high but hey I like the stuff :)

Quote from: JBSimio on April 25, 2008, 12:33:40 PM
I've been neglecting to comment again, I see.  I've enjoyed the last couple updates,

Derry.   :thumbsup:  I'm very intrigued by the glimpse of what appears to be a park

near your "controversial" round about there.  Will there be more of that in our

future?  (Or is it already shown here somewhere else and I just need to pay better

attention?)  I also really like the placement of Nofunk's water tower there... it's

an interesting choice, and it looks great there!

JB

Jon

Its always great to see a comment from a friend and real life can eat up out time

so much that often all I have time for is to lurk and quickly catch up on what the

updates are myself. Often I do not have the time to make  a meaningful comment so

wait until I do. So do not worry I was not feeling neglected
How could I as part of OSITM.

A park? - I'm glad YOU noticed. And I left enough sneaky pics for everyone.
Soon you'll see a lot more :)

That water tower got placed very early in the cities life and has been developed

around it as you see now. Gee sometimes I place things in the MOST inconvenient

places but I will not demolish stuff unless I have no other choice. I have to find a

way to work around the problem rather that moving the lot to a more suitable place.

To all the lurkers - Thanks for dropping by
Hope you be back and maybe say hello ;)

I suppose you want a TEAser  eh?

Have I been messing with the BAT again?

Where could this be?

Soon peeps  ;D ;D

:satisfied:.
TTC

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

threestooges

If anyone would find an appropriate use for the teapot tool, it would be you. Is there a new water tower in store for the area? If not, I may have found a quick little project to work on in my spare (insert joke about impending final exams here) time. Either way, I'll be interested to see the results and I'm sure you'll find a great use for it. The SHAME project looks like it turned out well. None of my cities have dense enough populations to require such a system yet, but it looks like it works well (and I may have to give it a shot at some point). Fancy little chapel like structure you have there too. Where it is, I'm not sure, but time will tell. Until then, nice teaser, and I'll see you next update.
-Matt

tooheys

hehe, nice teaser, you could turn that into a water tower.

Like the traffic info. Would be interesting to see some usage stats once the city was fully developed.

The roundabout looks great, but not sure how functional it would be. Can see some peak hour problems there.

You are really using that night mod to it's best effect, it's rare that I have seen such great results.  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to more.

Dave

bat

Teasers are really good! And still looking forward to the update! ;)

TheTeaCat

Well Hello again everybody
and guess what?

Its update time :)

What have I got for you this time? Well I've messing about with editing some pics and trying to make them look a bit better,
let me know what you think eh?
so without further ado here you go

The next shot shows the difference that I made.
on the left is the edited version and the raw ingame shot (no night mod $%Grinno$%)

Right now Edge will be interested in the next section  :D :D

When Phase B of S.H.AM.E. was completed the area the was left by the motorway was set aside as a Park.
In Honour of what Edge did ( and he still doesn't know heehee aren't I cruel) This area was to become a park.

So lets take a stroll through
The Cutting Edge Community Park.

While Phase B was being constructed many pieces of the old city walls were found in the planned route
and the mayor being a keen Historian (NOT!) was persuaded by his many minions assistants to use them in the
construction of the park (cheaper than buying new stuff and making it look old too ::) )
Good job too as look what we got.

The old city wall was rebuilt and also helps as a noise barrier from the traffic so come on everyone lets take a stroll.

We enter through the old gateway off the ave and we can wander down along the waters EDGE.
stopping off to enjoy a nice cuppa (from the thermosflask :) ) in the Gazebo.

Then it cuts with way past the city wall  through the buildings along the old MW route

to Barby's Nemisis park. The scent from the little Rose garden helps to overcome the smell from
the "midnight oil" that is used to keep the flames burning on the statue  ::)

The Curse of the Nemisis had struck. I had to call on the powers above to help.

The Shopping complex was struck by a mysterious bug where the middle building was not appearing properly.
I was undeterred. I knew a solution. Something had to be built to counteract the Nemisis Park.
Careful scrutineering of the parks menu on buyyourparkshere.sim.net.com.co.uk
and I came away with "The Guardian Angel Park"

As soon as I plopped it the building fixed it self overnight.  :o :o

I was shocked  :o :o

No Really I was

Its was as if the BSC just sorted it all out

Quick everyone

BOW DOWN  :D :D

Long Live The BSC.

How about a big pic

Well I hope you like the Park Edge. Good choice for the paving too :thumbsup:
Not long till your investiture too  ::)  :D :D

Till the next time folks

TTC

JoeST

Good lord your brilliant....

even if you do somehow break the forum skin:

and yeah I had a cuppa but I drunk it hehehe

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Nardo69

Hello Derry!

I hope it is OK that I enjoy your update with a cup of coffee instead of tea ...  ::)

But I must say I really enjoyed your update - especially the industrial ones. I am always a sucker for nice non-HighTect industrials (most I-HT areas are just boring IMHO) and your collection of great custom BATs in the day and the night picture is just marvellous. First the SAM marvel street did disturb me a bit but after watching for a while I guess it is OK.

Nice work with the ploppable water - something I never got something presentable of ...  ()sad(): Same for the mosaic - guess I never had the patience to do it with my stone age version of Paintshop Pro (PSP5 to be precise ...)

xxdita

A wonderful park system Derry, perfect for a Spring picnic.  :thumbsup:
I know coffee's banned, but how about a nice cold

I do love the use of W2Ws as well, but the park...

catty

Great looking Cutting Edge Community Park, I can just see myself throwing bread to the ducks
before finding a park bench to sit and enjoying a flask of tea  :P
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

bat

Really great update, TTC! Also the night and day pictures are fantastic! And wonderful city! As well the Park Edge!

Looking forward to more...

EDGE4194

:o
I love the park! I am honored. Thank you! I guess someday you'll clue me in? 
All the pics are great, especially the residentials- very nice!