• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Derry that soo sucks M8 and I truely understand and its just fine that I have to wait for the next update...  I do hope that the motorist that hit is getting his butt in trouble!!!  I agree that there is no excuse to drive and talk, Im sorry you are driving that is what you are supposed to be doing and nothing else... So my friend till you get better will see you the next update!!!

BTW welcome to page 31 and 600 replies and 8049

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

paroch

Hey Derry,

Only just caught up with your news.  I hope you're well on the way to recovery.  It goes to show that no matter how careful you can be, it only takes one idiot to cause an accident.

Look after yourself and drink plenty of tea.

Take care,

Paul

thundercrack83

Hello, Derry.

I'm so sorry to hear that you've had an accident, my friend. I'm glad to hear that you're doing well and that you weren't seriously hurt, though I'm sure that road rash doesn't tickle. Take your time with your recovery, we'll be here waiting for you when you return!

Dustin

TheTeaCat

Nardo69 (Bernhard),Meldolion,Ennedi (Adam),JBSimio (Jon),xxdita(Nate),catty(Cathy),
Edge4194,Rooker1(Robin),Sebes,Threestooges (Matt),Pat,Paroch(Paul),Thundercrack83(Dustin).

Thank you all for your wishes and kind words and gifts.

Now that I can sit down properly again and bend my elbows without wailing like a kitten with its tail stuck in a door.
(I slid about 3 meters along the road way on my bum, back and arms (OOOOOOwwwww still hurts thinking about it) wearing cycling apparel (Lycra)
which in this situation doesn't really protect you. Good job I had the Helmet on :thumbsup: )

easy comparison think if you trip and graze your palms how bad that is yeah?    Well I can now bend and touch my toes without screaming
anyhow I am on the mend - it just takes longer as you get older ::) and will soon be back to full strength,

Then its time to use my feline skills and hunt down that driver and give him a bit of ..........

Playing the game at the mo is still uncomfortable due to the location of the road rash ::)  see ^^ and the planned update is still on the way so at least you have that to look forward to :thumbsup: just won't be as soon as I had hoped.

Thanks to all once again my friends

Regards
Derry.
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Ennedi

I will make a special meditation and try to remove at least some of your pain and other uncomfortable feelings  :)
I don't know at all if it will help, but I will do my best... :D

And this stupid driver should see this

every time looking at the cell phone  ;D

Please relax and take care about your health, and come back when you will be OK  :thumbsup:

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Gaston

Ouch.    Been there done that.   When I was in college and riding everyday I hit a open manhole and slid about that same distance.    I was young, dumb, and full of...   Well gravel actually.   Man that hurt for quite a while.   Keep an eye on it.   Road rash can get infected very easily.  I know mine did.   I still have the scars from it 20 years later.    Hope you get better soon.    Hmmmmm maybe YOU need the trike not me.     ;D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

catty

Derry, its good to see your post

But ditto what Gaston says, take care of yourself, you don't want to end up looking like this  ()sick()

We need some more smileys, cos I should be offering you a bag of grapes

()flower()

Cathy

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Gaston

xxdita ,
   Okay maybe I am missing the connectiong to bicycle wrecks with that link.     ()what()

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Schulmanator

I am glad to hear that you are on the mend. I winced just reading your description of the episode. Monkey Island sends you its best regards for a speedy recovery.
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

dedgren

Oh, Derry, Derry...  I am so sorry I didn't make it by last weekend on my usual rounds.  As a fellow cyclist- a hex on all cars, large and small, and their idiotic text-messaging, radio-tuning, focused on fast food-munching, crying kids in the backseat drivers.  I was struck on the arm by a vehicle's mirror once by a driver who apparently thought it would be cool just to see how close he (she? I was too busy saving myself to look) could get in driving past me.  I can identify, my friend.

The Assembly in 3RR will take up a special "Bicycle Riders' Rights" ordinance in your honor- I'll give you a heads up when it gets reported out of committee.

I'm glad you are on the mend.  TTC has survived adversity before- we'll see an update again when you are ready.  You take care of yourself.

I've got the tea today.  Chamomile, with some lemon peel.  Drink up and rest.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

warszawa

I sincely hope you get better soon The Tea Cat. :)
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

thundercrack83

Glad to hear that you're on the mend, my friend! And I hope that, as you're reading this, you're doing even better! Good luck with your recovery, and we'll all be looking forward to what you have in store for us next!

Dustin

TheTeaCat

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably?

A Teaser  ::)

Replies to follow

:satisfied:
TTC

Edit: You'll love this Link

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Ennedi

Ho ho!  :thumbsup:
I'm waiting impatiently!

I know you don't like the green one, but it will help with the recovery  ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

dedgren

Me, too, Derry!

Great to see you up and about.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Jmouse

Looks like I picked a good time to drop by for that long-awaited cuppa! It will take a while to catch up, but I've glanced through the thread just enough to know it will be time well spent.

And speaking of well,
I am so pleased to know you are doing better after your mishap. Here in the states, it is against the law to drive with an open container of alcohol in the car. The same law should apply to cell phones which are turned on because many a driver is severly impaired by them!

Backtracking through this thread is going to be a pleasure, and I'm looking forward to the next update as well.

Until next time...
Joan

threestooges

Good to hear you are feeling better, and it looks like you have been busy. Hope youll be back on the bike soon and, in response to Joan's comment above of banning cell phones in cars, I believe there is a law going into effect shortly (I'm not sure if it is just CA or all of the US) that prohibits holding a phone while driving. If I recall correctly, it does not ban headsets (bluetooth and the like) but it should at least help stop the ones who are out there texting. Hope you are well, and I'll be keeping an eye out for the next update.
-Matt

TheTeaCat

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably?

The ThirtyThree Club

A long time ago, in the dusty tomes of MD's an extraordinary event occurred.
A poster came along who would forever change the history of a city yet to be visualised.

Now unfortunately at the time nothing could be done to recognise this extraordinary event, but now with
the power invested in the local mayor this poster can be honoured in a fitting manor.

Oh yes Edge I am talking about you :)

Right what was it you did?

well you posted the 33rd comment ;)

Right you see most people honour the poster who 00's in their MD but I am not like normal people  $%Grinno$%

oh no I am a bit odd. ?=mad)= /&HiPP/% ()borg() >:D

So I do odd things ::) and my favourite number is 33  ::) so

The ThirtyThree Club gets formed.

Now all good clubs need a home so I had to find a suitable home for T3C.

This search was duly done searching through my vast plugin folder and a building was found.

Hush folks I am getting there you'll see it soon.
ok heres the TEAser again :)

Any how This site is also the home of The Golden Kettle
which is where the Infusion Ceremony will take place.

So would everyone please make their way to
this wonderful building (DBSSYMN_Lyndhurst_Manor) which was the basis
for a little LE work and is now the permanent home of

The 33 Club

In the Background you can see the Golden Teapot which is
where the award ceremony will take place, Thank you.

And so without further ado it is my great pleasure to Infuse Edge.

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

This award entitles Edge to

The Teadom of the City.

And to present the Golden Teapot to you.

From this day forth it is hereby decreed  "$Deal"$ that by
producing a copy of his avatar in any of the cities Teashops
his virtual tab will be paid for in $simoleons by TheTeaCat.

Also a suite of rooms will be set aside for his personal use for life in T3C.

The Golden Teapot ensures that an endless supply of tea is always available  :D :D
made to his exact taste requirements from any or every blend available.

this being a highly recommended variety :thumbsup:

Thanks to all the monkeys who picked it for todays refreshments &apls
(ok you can come down out of the trees now,  :angrymore: they've only recently been planted you know - thank you)

And here we can see the award ceremony taking place

Congratulations once again everybody to Edge

The Golden Teapot

I had to use the Bat to make the prop I needed :)

Now some random shots to keep you pic happy people happy  :D

A windy road through the hills

Can't remember where this even is  $%Grinno$%

Ooh for some of David's smoothness here :D

Setting up the stalls for Sunday Market

A quiet Sunday Morning

"Sittin' on the Dock" ;D

"Sittin' on the other Dock" ::) ;D

The Food Wars  ()what()

Exclusive Footage coming to a channel near you SOON

Edge there is a wonderful little Teashop Here (I call it a TEAshop)near the park in the top left of the pick.
Great place to unwind at the end of the day :thumbsup:

yes I have even been messing with the BAT

I have the same problem with the roof textures as Joan

Much more to come on that another time

And I would also like to thank everyone for their words of support
and comfort :thumbsup: recently.

Replies

Personal replies of which there are many  :thumbsup: will follow very soon

:satisfied:
TTC

Simpson

Wow really good  &apls &apls &apls
The city is very good &apls &apls
But where do you find the thing in the water thank you  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas