• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penguin007

Awesome update there I love the effect on photoshop you have done and the choice of BATs makes for a great city espcially the 3rd pic which is one of my favourite pics of sc4 in a long time.

Keep up the awesome work

Will

paroch

Hi Derry,

That was a massive update there.  Liked the cartoon strip newscast style.  And of course the Devo 08 beam-back to the Port Lairghe stadium is a very nice idea.  I'm sitting here watching the football and Tales at TeaTime are 2-1 down at the moment but it's a good game and could still go either way.

Many great pics are included in this update, but the standouts for me are the first suburb pic and the second farm pic.

Great stuff Derry, I enjoyed this.

Paul

Khiyana

Jacks Farm is incredible! This is a really wonderful rural area  :thumbsup:

Ennedi

Finally I found some time to sit comfortably, got a cuppa and look at your last update. Excellent! Good old times come back  :D

I love Jack's farm! It's one of my dreams to live on a remote island with a total population not more than seven  :D :D :D
(and from the technical point of view these pictures are very good done, one of the best rural pictures I have ever seen :thumbsup: I think you feel all this new rural stuff, grasses, paths etc. and first of all you feel an atmosphere of such places  :))
I've finally read an interview with Jack! It was a bit hard for me because of my poor English but I love such stories and sense of humour  :D

I must say I like your photo editing! My Photoshopping skills are too poor to say anything wise  ;D but it is very close to my taste!

And finally, Upton looks very interesting! But it is probably a bit hard to live here, Upton citizens have uphill work everywhere  :D

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Yoman

&apls That was some great newscasting last update. Loved the interview. Damn Humpty Dumpty  $%#Ninj2 That combined with the great Sc4 work made me enjoy looking at the last update.

TheTeaCat

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably?

Thank you all for your replies.

The 33 club Update
Simpson,bat,JoeST,Edge,Pat,Krbe,JBSimio,Bernhard(Nardo69),Joan(Jmouse),Paul(Paroch), Schulmanator,Dustin(thundercrack83),
Cathy,Shadow Assassin,Sebes,Dave(tooheys).

Page 33 update
Pat,Matt (threestooges),JMyers,Schulmanator,Bat,JoeST,Simpson,Joan(JMouse)Edge,Will(Penguin007),Paul(paroch),
Khiyana, Adam(Ennedi),Yoman.

So many wonderful words that have been used that I am almost at a loss for words. :D

Real life recently got real busy, enough that some of you must have noticed that I have not been around
as much as before, but things are settling down a bit and now can spend more time doing that I like quite a bit - play the game.

I have lots of stuff that I started and its been shelved for a while so must get the duster out and see
what needs to be done. I will catch up with all the things I have to but it will take time and that's quite precious so .....

Anyhow enough jabbering how about some pics?

I had a couple hours free to play this evening and spotted this area that had not been visited for a
while so lets see whats happened eh?

The Before Picture

The After Pictures are closer views of various areas within thwe above picture.

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

Looks better now I think

Couple of ramdon shots
pic5

pic6

Won't be so long till the next update

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Chrisadams3997

Nice to have you back, I had noticed you've been away ;).

The improvement in the area is great.  I love the misture of different fences, hedges, and walls to separate out the fields, the field layouts look a lot more intentional now.  The sam streets also go a long way in transforming the scene.

Great use of flora, and I really like the hedges :thumbsup:.  Lastly, the photoshopping of the colors is superbly done to bring out each image I think.  Great update Derry.

Chris

threestooges

Derry,
I had noticed that you had been a bit quiet recently, but it's good to see you back, and to hear that things are settling down. It's like looking at two completely different areas. I agree with Chris about the use of the SAM. The flora, the rocks, the walls, the hedges, everything works great together. I think pic 3 is may favorite of the update. There's something about that field on the left that makes it look natural/real. The pieces used in pic 4 though are really good too. They make a great custom farm compound. Certainly this update warrants a cuppa the stuff. Until the next one, take it easy.
-Matt

bat

Great new update there, TTC!

And nice work on that area! Looks really good now!
And the random shots are also fantastic!

Looking forward to the next...

EDGE4194

Welcome back Derry  &apls

The area looks much better now. I agree with chris' comments.
Glad things have quieted down for you and looking forward to the next update.  :)

vester

Welcome back Derry.

Love your farmland.

Meastro444

looks really good TTC!

the trees you plopped in near the bends in the streets, are those lots? or mayor/god mode trees? it really adds the 'touch'. Its as realistic as it gets!
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

paroch

Derry,

Hey you've been missed and with farm pics like that you can see WHY you've been missed.  I'm sat here trying to work out how much of it is custom LE, how much is very clever use of LEX stuff and how much is just down to your imagination.

I really like the stone walls, so very English countryside (and Irish too I guess).  Can I ask where they're from please?

I've looked through the pics a few times now to pick out something particular to comment on, but it's all just sooooo good.  I love the Church, with the St George's banner, nice touch.  And the way you've handles the transition from road, fence, grass to field in pic 3 is very very special.  I sense a few HoF pics in here, best I keep out of the competition in case I come up against you ;)

Good to see you back,

Paul

Schulmanator

A fine welcome back update for us! As we say around here... looks purty!!  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

catty

This is very much a post and run as I have a lot going on in RL at the moment, but if you can't sit down and have a cup of tea ......

The farmland is looking great, those fences just seem to add the final touch to things and I really love the church with its old been there for centuries looking graveyard

()what() what are the sidewalks around the church the cobblestone/brick looks very natural.

Got to go my tea break is over ... glad to see you back again

Cathy
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

CasperVg

Very nice, I love the smalltown setting in picture 5. Splendid work  %wrd
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

rooker1

Very sweet update.  It's been a little while since your last update, but this makes up for the wait. 
And I agree with your PM to me.  That picture you entered in the SC4 Picture Contest is very good and maybe your best work yet.  But that area looks very well made and I think any picture from there will look great.  I would like to see a picture from that area with the sun setting or rising.  ;)  I think it would add just that little something. 
It's always nice to stop by here.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Jmouse

Welcome back to the land of fantasy, Derry! You're doing a wonderful job on the farms - I especially like Pics 1 and 4. The stone walls in pic 2 bathed in the glow of evening are mighty fetching too, though.

There's a nice variety of structures in pic 5, and I especially like the little red-fronted building in the lower right quad. I'm going to guess it's commercial, and it makes me think of older downtown areas in small towns. And of course, night shots are always favorites!

Glad to hear you'll have more time to spend on creative pursuits...
Joan

Pat

There you go Derry a dust buster just for ya's my friend and hopefully that will help in clearing up the dust from everything....  Loved this update and I can't wait till the next one!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ennedi

Derry, your ideas are really fantastic!  &apls

I like photo editing very much, it gives very realistic appearance :thumbsup:
Stone walls look perfect, and finishing farmfields (and diagonals) is a masterspiece  :)

But most of all I like the way you used new Chris' grasses! It was a great idea to use them on green farmfield background - but it looks perfect in other places too!
And I guess you made something with water ripples... ;)?

Beautiful pictures!
Adam

PS. Sorry for my absence, I have much work now  &sly. But I spend some time with SC4 too, I started some new themes and they need much time to finish. Of course I don't know if it will be anything interesting, but I am trying  ;D

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine