• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

A Happy Halloween it is with the resurrection/reanimation of Tales at Tea Time (sorry, could resist the pun). I'm glad to see you're up to some new tricks around here and the map you've come up with looks very interesting indeed. Some challenging shores to work with, and plenty of variety. I liked the bit about the history of the castle and I can just picture the astronomers swapping ghost stories as they stare into space. I'll look forward to seeing where you go with this. Until then, tea sounds good about now. Take it easy (and I know you'll try).
-Matt

callagrafx

Quote from: TheTeaCat on October 31, 2008, 12:20:26 PM
Mind you if it had to be called into action it would have taken a mighty fleet of ships to get past this defence considering the
distance from the mouth of the harbour and having to navigate a narrowing channel going past about 4 or 5 forts bristling with canon.

Not forgetting there's only a single navigable channel in the whole of the harbour....I know this as I was responsible for grounding my friend's yacht on one of the sandbanks, thinking I could take a shortcut  :'(
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Pat

LoL Derry that is soo true there that there is always a Butt to everything lol.... But this one is a wonderful news to see a new map and a congrats to Matt for making the 800 post marker here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Oh my yes, this is going to be good - very good! The map looks great albeit challenging. I'm afraid I'd have to do some flattening, though - slopes are a bit beyond me.

Anyway, looking forward to the weeks and months ahead - it will be a pleasure to watch this map blossom with life!

Joan

sim-al2

Great teasers The Tea Cat! I looking forward to the map with vegetation!  ;) Lots of rolling hills for tree and farm variety. And maybe a big castle too!
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

art128

the region look great  :thumbsup: fantastic work  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Schulmanator

Awesomeness! A great new map! Is that Little Monkey Isle I see out there in the water? We'll send over a crew of monkeys to keep the tea leaves picked for you!  ;D
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

EDGE4194

:thumbsup: very nice region derry. i am looking forward to watching this take shape. ..'til next time...

paroch

Hey Derry,

Good to see you back in action and that new map you jabe lined up is looking very interesting indeed, even without the trees and all.

Take care of yourself and I look forward to dropping by again.

Paul

JBSimio

&dance &dance %BUd% &dance &dance

Derry's back!  Yay!  The map looks great.  Like Joan, I would have to say those slopes are probably beyond me, but I'll be very interested to see what you do with the area.

See you next time,
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

CasperVg

Now that is one great map, I like it. I'm glad to see that you've decided to 'restart' your excellent MD.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

bat

Great work on that map (it looks really nice)!!!

And nice second start of your MD!!! :thumbsup:

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Simpson

This new region looks very good my friend
&apls :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

TheTeaCat

Welcome Back everyone, its great to see so many old friends and new also.
The kettles just boiling so the first thing to do is make some Tea :)

Quote from: threestooges on October 31, 2008, 03:45:47 PM
A Happy Halloween it is with the resurrection/reanimation of Tales at Tea Time (sorry, could resist the pun). I'm glad to see you're up to some new tricks around here and the map you've come up with looks very interesting indeed. Some challenging shores to work with, and plenty of variety. I liked the bit about the history of the castle and I can just picture the astronomers swapping ghost stories as they stare into space. I'll look forward to seeing where you go with this. Until then, tea sounds good about now. Take it easy (and I know you'll try).
-Matt

Cheers Matt

Yep challenging terrain indeed all my own work too. Can't blame anyone else if I find it too difficult now can I?
I will definitely visit it again when I am next home just to see the difference from when I worked there.
I reckon its still a creepy place at night - as it is apparently operated automatically ???

Quote from: callagrafx on October 31, 2008, 03:52:22 PM
Not forgetting there's only a single navigable channel in the whole of the harbour....I know this as I was responsible for grounding my friend's yacht on one of the sandbanks, thinking I could take a shortcut  :'(

Ooops.  Why do shortcuts always take longer?
Was it just a matter of waiting for the tide to come in or did you have to be rescued? Either way I hope you had some suitable
beverages to keep you "Warm".

Quote from: Pat on October 31, 2008, 04:54:45 PM
LoL Derry that is soo true there that there is always a Butt to everything lol.... But this one is a wonderful news to see a new map and a congrats to Matt for making the 800 post marker here!!!

Cheers Pat.
As long as your not the Butt of the joke then its all fine ;)
New map - new ideas - new records - good way to restart eh?

Quote from: Jmouse on October 31, 2008, 05:32:51 PM
Oh my yes, this is going to be good - very good! The map looks great albeit challenging. I'm afraid I'd have to do some flattening, though - slopes are a bit beyond me.
Anyway, looking forward to the weeks and months ahead - it will be a pleasure to watch this map blossom with life!
Joan

Joan
Lovely to see to back my dear.
I hope it lives up to your expectations. As I said to Matt , can't blame anybody else if I have problems, can I?
Slopes/Hills the bane of any (cyclists life, except funnily enough me. I actually like to climb them, I enjoy the pain, the sense of achievement once I get to the top and knowing that I have yet to encounter a hill that I have had to get off and walk. They just take longer now .....) city planners life. I shall have to use all my skills here - lets see what happens eh?

Quote from: sim-al2 on October 31, 2008, 05:36:34 PM
Great teasers The Tea Cat! I looking forward to the map with vegetation!  ;) Lots of rolling hills for tree and farm variety. And maybe a big castle too!

Thank you sim-al2.
I have some ideas up my sleeve, stay tuned to see what happens. Its going to be a long journey:)

Quote from: art128 on November 01, 2008, 02:53:16 AM
the region look great  :thumbsup: fantastic work  &apls

Thank you Arthur.
It was fun to make, hopefully it will be fun to build;)

Quote from: EDGE4194 on November 01, 2008, 06:36:01 AM
:thumbsup: very nice region Derry. I am looking forward to watching this take shape. ..'til next time...

Eric
Thank you Sir. I still have no clue as to where to start building yet and I been looking at the region for almost 2 weeks.;)
Lots of trees to plant yet and other stuff to do maybe something will spring to mind. Still it will be fun I hope.

Quote from: paroch on November 01, 2008, 07:27:15 AM
Hey Derry,

Good to see you back in action and that new map you have  lined up is looking very interesting indeed, even without the trees and all.
Take care of yourself and I look forward to dropping by again.
Paul

Paul
Great to see you back mate:)
Its going to be a challenge that's no lie - a fun one though. Hope to see you again soon.

Quote from: JBSimio on November 01, 2008, 09:05:02 AM
&dance &dance %BUd% &dance &dance

Derry's back!  Yay!  The map looks great.  Like Joan, I would have to say those slopes are probably beyond me , but I'll be very interested to see what you do with the area.
See you next time,
JB

Jon
Thanks mate ;)
"probably beyond me " - I'd doubt that my friend after seeing what you did in your own MD :thumbsup:
I think I can find a use for one or two of your bats in the rebirth of my MD. maybe even a few more stay tuned lets see eh?

Quote from: caspervg on November 01, 2008, 09:12:22 AM
Now that is one great map, I like it. I'm glad to see that you've decided to 'restart' your excellent MD.

Thanks mate. Its good to be back too.

Quote from: bat on November 01, 2008, 09:32:14 AM
Great work on that map (it looks really nice)!!!

And nice second start of your MD!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks a lots Bat. Lets hope its as good as the first part eh?

Quote from: sciurus54 on November 04, 2008, 02:28:44 AM
Nice region, I like! :thumbsup:

Welcome Sciurus.
Thanks for stopping by, Glad you like what you see. Its still a bit bare but there is more to come
stay tuned :)

Quote from: Simpson on November 05, 2008, 12:36:34 AM
This new region looks very good my friend
&apls :thumbsup:

Simpson
Hello once again my friend. Glad you like the region as said before should be a challenge
lets see how it develops eh? stay tuned.

I have a few pics for your delectation. And a few hints too.

Island Bridge

This lovely picture took quite a while to get just so.
The placement of the bridge was difficult ( vanilla folder at time except for the flora mod)

Ages placing the plants just here and there etc. Took the time for a screen capture(good call) then exited the game.

Without saving.
DOH.

Now here's a tip. As our well know friend Bernhard (Nardo69) says don't forget to make backups, here's my addendum
save the tile first ;)
So enjoy the above pic once again as that's the only copy of it. (slightly enhanced in PS)

Next are a couple of pics I was messing about with in PS.
Knuckle Ridge 1

Knuckle Ridge 1a

I named them Knuckle Ridge as the sort (loosely) of look like a clenched fist ( sortta)

Munster  - A New Beginning2

Ok a region shot with trees.
But I don't like it $%Grinno$%  No. I don't. I used the wrong tree controller and I've changed the terrain too since this pic was taken.
More on that later

This is a TEAser for the new mods I used.

Anyhow back soon off to cinema to see Bond.

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Simpson

:o Wow
The first picture of the bridge is splendid and so réalistic  :o &apls
This is really good  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Pat

Derry fantastic update!!!! Its true I hate being the butt of the joke lol... anyways I love the Island Bridge pic so far its my favorite!!!  Also I agree that this is the great way to restart!!! Till your next update ~~~  Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

The bridge scene is beautiful, Derry, and I hope you can re-create it and at least come close to the original. I can see you're having a good time playing the game again, and that's wonderful. BTW, hope you'll list the mods you're using - I especially like that terrain mod, or maybe it's a rock mod you're found.

Anyway, nifty update - love it!
Joan

Badsim

Glad to see you're back at TaTT , Derry ... furthermore with an example of so high quality work than this bridge !   :thumbsup: 

About tree controller and terrain , well ... I would need more than glasses to recognize them to tell you the truth !   ;D

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

thundercrack83

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful, Derry!

That region shot especially is one of the best region shots I've seen in a long time!

Keep up the fantastic work here, my friend!

Dustin