• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

A new map - a new region - renewed pleasure....

I am glad that you found the joy again to play SC4, it's a good way to forget the recent harsh episode in life, at least for a while. The region looks great, and  I am convinced that you will make it another long lasting and outstanding developped placed. Take care Del.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Great work on these artistic images!
And like the first one... :thumbsup:

tooheys

Derry, thats a challenging looking map, but if anyone can do something spectatular with it, it's you. Looking forward to see where this goes.

Cheers

Dave

metarvo

I've never been able to create what I would call a good terrain, but it looks as though you have done it easily.  I'm looking forward to your next update, Derry. :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Nardo69

Nice region with a lot of potential!

Great to have you back, Derry, wish I could follow your example but at the moment I cannot due to technical problems ...

Take care my friend (and I am sure you don't forget to make backups, do you?  ;) )

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

art128

this teaser is really fantastic Derry  :thumbsup: i like the shoreline very much ! great work my friend,
Can't wait the update  :thumbsup:
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

Hey Deery  :)
Your new teaser is really splendid as well. I'm looking forward to the next update

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Jmouse

Beautiful work on the shoreline, Derry. That's one of the many game elements that gives me trouble, but you make it look easy. Looks like you've laid out a couple of streets, too, and they've sprouted some residences. Just goes to show the Sims do have good taste in choosing a place to live!  ;)

I like the way you've started out and I'm looking forward to seeing all this new stuff close up.

Joan

bat

Nice work on that area there, TTC!
And nice first buildings there...
Looking forward to more... :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

Time for some replies to your great comments folks

Quote from: Simpson on November 05, 2008, 12:57:14 PM
:o Wow
The first picture of the bridge is splendid and so realistic  :o &apls
This is really good  :thumbsup:

Thank you, David. It's a shame that's the only one of it. Should have saved but I didn't . C'est la vie
I remember how I did it so it should be fairly easy to recreate :)

Quote from: Pat on November 05, 2008, 03:06:04 PM
Derry fantastic update! Its true I hate being the butt of the joke lol... anyway I love the Island Bridge pic so far its my favourite!  Also I agree that this is the great way to restart!!! Till your next update ~~~  Pat

Cheers Pat. It's always a pleasure to see you pop in my friend. Glad you like it hope you like the update to follow soon too

Quote from: Jmouse on November 05, 2008, 10:06:35 PM
The bridge scene is beautiful, Derry, and I hope you can re-create it and at least come close to the original. I can see you're having a good time playing the game again, and that's wonderful. BTW, hope you'll list the mods you're using - I especially like that terrain mod, or maybe it's a rock mod you're found.

Anyway, nifty update - love it!
Joan

Thanks Joan.
Actually it was pretty easy to do (Idea - a tutorial maybe) . Don't worry you find out soon enough as I have changed things already I don't like.
Full info to follow soon

Quote from: Badsim on November 06, 2008, 12:48:31 PM
Glad to see you're back at TatTT , Derry ... furthermore with an example of so high quality work than this bridge !   :thumbsup: 

About tree controller and terrain , well ... I would need more than glasses to recognize them to tell you the truth !   ;D
Cédric.

Bien Venue Cédric
Its nice to be back. Well as I've said before enjoy that pic its the only one of it.
Well for your info and everybody else I'll explain about that in the update to follow soon

Quote from: thundercrack83 on November 06, 2008, 01:26:47 PM
Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful, Derry!

That region shot especially is one of the best region shots I've seen in a long time!

Keep up the fantastic work here, my friend!

Dustin

Thanks Dustin.
Its was a quick messing about with the terraformer and in game and that's the result. I liked it so I stuck with it :)
Hope I live up to everyone's expectations ;)

Quote from: sebes on November 07, 2008, 02:08:30 AM
A new map - a new region - renewed pleasure....

I am glad that you found the joy again to play SC4, it's a good way to forget the recent harsh episode in life, at least for a while. The region looks great, and  I am convinced that you will make it another long lasting and outstanding developed placed. Take care Del.

Thank you Sebes.
Yep your right once the game is switched on, I switch off ( from RL for a while)
Hopefully I can keep this one going for a long time.

Quote from: bat on November 07, 2008, 08:41:09 AM
Great work on these artistic images!
And like the first one... :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Bat - always nice to see you fly though :)

Quote from: tooheys on November 12, 2008, 03:10:14 AM
Derry, that's a challenging looking map, but if anyone can do something spectacular with it, it's you. Looking forward to see where this goes.

Cheers

Dave

Coming from you Dave that indeed is a compliment. Thank you Sir.

Quote from: metarvo on November 12, 2008, 05:34:49 AM
I've never been able to create what I would call a good terrain, but it looks as though you have done it easily.  I'm looking forward to your next update, Derry. :)

Thanks a lot Metarvo. I find just messing about with the various tools, use erode a lot  and start again and again till I find something that seems
somewhat natural even if it's not. Glad you like it.

Quote from: Nardo69 on November 12, 2008, 01:57:34 PM
Nice region with a lot of potential!

Great to have you back, Derry, wish I could follow your example but at the moment I cannot due to technical problems ...

Take care my friend (and I am sure you don't forget to make backups, do you?  ;) )

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Bernhard
Dude sorry to hear about your technical probs hope you overcome them soon. More importantly  - have you made a backup?
I've learned my lesson :)
may have some questions for you when laying out rail if you don't mind?
See you soon

Replies to the TEAser post

Quote from: art128 on November 15, 2008, 05:28:23 AM
this teaser is really fantastic Derry  :thumbsup: I like the shoreline very much ! great work my friend,
Can't wait the update  :thumbsup:
Arthur

Thanks Arthur it's coming very soon :)

Quote from: Simpson on November 15, 2008, 05:35:34 AM
Hey Derry  :)
Your new teaser is really splendid as well. I'm looking forward to the next update

David

Thanks David, not long to go now

Quote from: Jmouse on November 15, 2008, 05:13:31 PM
Beautiful work on the shoreline, Derry. That's one of the many game elements that gives me trouble, but you make it look easy.
Looks like you've laid out a couple of streets, too, and they've sprouted some residences. Just goes to show the Sims do have good taste in choosing a place to live!  ;)

I like the way you've started out and I'm looking forward to seeing all this new stuff close up.

Joan

Thanks Joan
Its take a bit of fettling to get right as I see it but I like the effect I got here.
Some info for you to follow scroll down :)

Quote from: bat on November 16, 2008, 03:34:21 AM
Nice work on that area there, TTC!
And nice first buildings there...
Looking forward to more... :thumbsup:

Thanks once again Bat something nice to follow too

Ok ok  lets have an update now then :)

Well here we are again - Update time :)

Now if you remember I said I had used the wrong tree controller, well I did.
And only because of one type of tree.

The Eucalyptus tree by Jeroni. Now don't get me wrong, its a fantastic model but I just don't want to see it as much as it appeared.

I was using the Italia River tree mod and unfortunately it laid done just too many of them.
I'll just have to find the right location for them and all over the region is not one of them.
I have an idea up my sleeve for that but that for another time ;)

I like the way it lays the trees at the waters edge though as you can see from these few pics

pre detailing ;)

h

post detailing

I'm not poking fun Lee ;)

So I changed the tree controller and terrain at the same time.
I was now using my favourite, the Meadowshire controller and the coastal tree controller.
I deleted all the trees. GASP (Don't worry all you tree lovers I was replanting them before I left the tiles :) )

And here we see the difference.

More clumps instead of overall complete coverage. Much more to my liking:)

The teaser pic in all its original splendour

I still haven't chosen a rock texture - don't know if I will what you see here is standard maxis.
Any suggestions?

Now I know you saw some buildings in the latest TEAser and yes we'll get to them very soon
but I have a plan and even though I had every intention of sticking to it - well it's gone
out the window Heehee so you just have to wait a bit longer till you see them :)

Oh ok then you can see one then;)

Yes all my own work, grown in game, :)

Hope you all enjoyed this little update

:satisfied:
TheTeaCat.
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

sim-al2

:o wow... The sunken boat is really funny by the way! :D
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

Pat

Derry simply wonderful details to attention there with the coast line!!!! I love that sunken boat, sweet!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

The sunken boat was a nice touch :thumbsup:  I love your attention to detail in those wilderness shots, excellently done &apls

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

JBSimio

What an amazing feast of nature, Derry!   &apls  I'd have to pick the second picture as my favorite out of this batch.   All that green with just those small bits of rock peeking through makes for a great combination.  Your shorelines are equally impressive and the "cluster" technique for the trees in the final two pictures works extremely well.  As for the TEAser... well, are you back with an update yet?   :D

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

bat

Great details there on that nature! Nice building there at the last picture of that great update... :thumbsup:

metarvo

I needed something soothing to drink, so I decided to stop by for some tea  :).  That's a nice farm lot, Derry.  It looks very much like the rural properties I see IRL. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

EDGE4194

::) love the sunken sailboat- a perfect touch! nice farm btw, the lot is great  :thumbsup: (i see my favorite fences  ;))

art128

What.... an exceptional nature for an exceptional city, Derry  :thumbsup: these trees you're used are fantastically disposed my friend, and i like the "post detailing"  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simpson

Hey Derry :)
Your new update is really fantastic, this nature is superb and so réalisitic
The second picture is m preferate, great work  :thumbsup:
Also the general pictures look very good. I'm looking forward to the next update my friend
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas