• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

If that's a teaser of what's to come, I can't wait.

Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

sithlrd98

Oooh...that is nice! Never could get these animated grabs to work correctly...great job! &apls

Jayson

Tomas Neto

Very nice teaser!!!   :thumbsup:
I like GIFs, and this image is fantastic.

jijdlswns

i like brittish style~  :P
it is perfectly peaceful  rural  &apls

art128

Derry, Wow, wow and again wow !
that is the best teaser I ever seen in a MD !  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Bobbi

Derry, what a wonderful animation. &apls

Bobbi :thumbsup:

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Jmouse

Wonderful photo made more so with the addition of animation. Derry, you have distinguished yourself as a master of rural landscapes, and I hope there are a lot more where this once came from! :)

Later...
Joan

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

djvandrake

I finally was able to take the time and read the entire MD seeing that I'm a touch new here.  I didn't want to miss any of it.

All I can say is, wow! What a journey! An adventure full of highs and lows, laughs and sorrow, (a lot like life) and a lot of excellent work in building wonderful city/land scapes.  You're wonderfully creative and I look forward to grabbing a cuppa for each future installment.  I promise not to lurk out of fear of being smited (poor Vicar's daughter.)  :D

Best to you Derry,
DJ

Gaston

Great animation , mate.     Here a nice cuppa for ya.    Just sit back and relax and watch the pretty pictures.     ;)   

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

tooheys

Here I am, on time as usual  $%Grinno$%. Derry, I do like the animation, but I have to say that your work with the vegetation along the top of the cliffs really caught my eye. Splendid work mate  :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

Sorry to say that the update I had planned got a bit screwed for a better choce of words ::)
I had taken my screengrabs, did all the editing etc and put them in a folder. Somehow or another
(maybe not enough Tea that day ::) )I deleted the folder. Doh &mmm

Anyway got some replies to do. Some been an understatement :D :D
thank you all for visiting, yes including you lurkers (say hello and get a free cuppa :thumbsup:)
and all the regulars and everyone who left a comment :thumbsup:

Quote from: M4346 on July 29, 2009, 04:02:02 PM
Ah, the ATEX looks really, really good!  :thumbsup:

Cheers Marius :thumbsup:

Quote from: Gaston on July 29, 2009, 06:17:05 PM
Looking great Derry.     Wish we could get permission to make the ATEX a replacement for the monorail.     It would
be great to have it operational and not just eyecandy.   Good stuff my friend.
---Al

Thanks Al.
I agree it would be great but my little workaround works well so far(using as a subway).
It could be released the way I've modded it I suppose as long as I linked to the models.
Hmmm something to think about - files away in back of brain :D

Quote from: Battlecat on July 30, 2009, 10:40:40 AM
I really do love the way you've made the ATEX fit into your region so nicely.  The area around that stadium looks great as well!

Thanks BC.
Yes I rather like the way it weaves through the region also and the plaza looks good too.
took a bit of fiddling in the LE but worked out well :thumbsup:

Quote from: rooker1 on July 30, 2009, 12:02:26 PM
Thanks Derry for the update, I feel better already.  ;)
The pictures are absolutely fantastic!
Robin  :thumbsup:

Thanks Robin.
A short update but glad it perked you up mate :thumbsup:

Quote from: art128 on July 30, 2009, 12:13:48 PM
What a massive stadium there Derry, but it looks good with your city building style. The size of it and the color you
made in the picture give an atmosphere very British ! Also nice work with that sort of EL-train, fit well here.
Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:

Thanks Arthur.
It's a great BAT the stadium so had to find a suitable place and it works well in it's present location. The ATEX looks great as it curves around the stadium. I think it compliments it quite well ;D

Quote from: Jmouse on July 31, 2009, 05:22:24 PM
Yet another top-notch update, Derry. That stadium is unique, but an interesting study in imaginative architecture!
I especially like the plaza area surrounding it. The diagonals compliment the intricate design of the stadium without
creating a distraction. And the night shot is stunning. I like the park, too - simple, functional and inviting.
Good to see you back in the game...
Joan

Thank you Joan.
I was quite pleased with the overall result but I'll admit it took quite a few cuppa's to get it looking the way it does.
I'm rather pleased and so are the sims with the park. Been trying to get them on their bikes but all they want to do is play proper Football.(Soccer to those who get confused ::))

Good to be playing and enjoying it again too. Long may it continue.

Quote from: kimcar on July 31, 2009, 07:26:34 PM
&apls &apls Very good job with the plaza in front of the stadium. And nice to see the ATEX too. Looking forward

Thank you Kimcar.
Nice to see you pop in and like what I've done so far :thumbsup:

Quote from: Albus of Garaway on August 01, 2009, 08:52:12 PM
Some great work here, Derry. I especially love your use of GasCooker's wonderful English-style homes. They fit
extremely well not only with the stadium, but also with the surrounding plaza!
My only question: Where do you park? :D

Thanks Jason
GasCooker's BAT's are some of my favourite and I too like the overall fell I've achieved so far. The whole area is developing quite nicely so lets see what the future has in store.
As for the parking there is some underground parking available across the road at the convention center but its rather limited and it's something I have to work on but am planning to put it quite a distance so that the sims have to use the ATEX.After all it cost a lot so gotta recoup the cost somehow ::) ::)

Quote from: Tomas Neto on August 03, 2009, 12:25:56 PM
Very nice update!!! Really fantastic this plaza!!!  :thumbsup:

Thanks Tomas.
Nice to see you pop in and glad you like what you saw :thumbsup:

Quote from: tooheys on August 03, 2009, 09:46:18 PM
Hi Derry.
Very nicely done, especially the layout of the plaza and walkways  :thumbsup: All fits in nicely with the surrounding
suburb.
Cheers
Dave

Thanks Dave.
Took a few goes with the LE but it all worked out well in the end.
And I'm quite pleased too with the result :thumbsup:

Quote from: EDGE4194 on August 04, 2009, 07:46:25 PM
beautiful stuff Derry. nice to see you back. looking forward to more.  :)

Cheers Edge.
Plenty more to come, you'll just have to be patient :D :D

Quote from: danielcote on August 07, 2009, 07:39:11 AM
oh nice stuff Its even British style!  &apls

Thank you Daniel.
Glad you like the update.

Quote from: bat on August 13, 2009, 07:47:05 AM
Great work on that area! Nice pictures of it, too! :thumbsup:

Thank you Bat.
Always great to see you pop in my friend. Glad you like the update and the Teaser :thumbsup:

Quote from: Bobbi on August 13, 2009, 07:49:58 AM
Look beautiful &apls

Thanks Bobbi.
I'm happy you like it :thumbsup:

Quote from: Albus of Garaway on August 23, 2009, 07:02:25 PM
Looks great, Derry! I love the spinning windmill. :)
-Jason

Thanks Jason
The animation isn't perfect  $%Grinno$% but it looks good :D
Glad you like it :thumbsup:

Quote from: catty on August 24, 2009, 01:49:55 AM
Love the animation, especially the windmill  :thumbsup:

Thank you Catty.
Nice to see you again and glad you like the animation :thumbsup:

Quote from: _maciex_ on August 24, 2009, 02:12:53 AM
Very nice work  ;) Looks like typical British/Irish rural countryside. Can't wait for more  :thumbsup:

Thank you Maciex
I do enjoy doing the rural scenes and glad you like them too. ;D

Quote from: rooker1 on August 24, 2009, 08:10:12 AM
If that's a teaser of what's to come, I can't wait.
Robin  ;)

You'll just to to be patient Robin ;)
Who knows whats in store eh?

Quote from: sithlrd98 on August 24, 2009, 08:13:18 AM
Oooh...that is nice! Never could get these animated grabs to work correctly...great job! &apls
Jayson

Thanks Jayson
The animation is a little jerky but it gets the idea across. Glad you liked it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote from: Tomas Neto on August 24, 2009, 07:49:35 PM
Very nice teaser!!!   :thumbsup: I like GIFs, and this image is fantastic.

Thanks Tomas
It's not my best by any means but works well as an attention grabber eh? :D :D

Quote from: jijdlswns on August 25, 2009, 07:27:50 AM
i like brittish style~  :P it is perfectly peaceful  rural  &apls

Thanks jijdlswns
I do enjoy rural scenes too - glad you like what I've done so far :thumbsup:

Quote from: art128 on August 25, 2009, 07:48:57 AM
Derry, Wow, wow and again wow !
that is the best teaser I ever seen in a MD !  &apls

So you liked it then Arthur? :D :D

Quote from: Bobbi on August 25, 2009, 07:56:13 AM
Derry, what a wonderful animation. &apls

Thanks Bobbi  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Jmouse on August 25, 2009, 03:53:35 PM
Wonderful photo made more so with the addition of animation. Derry, you have distinguished yourself as a
master of rural landscapes, and I hope there are a lot more where this once came from! :)
Later...
Joan

Thanks Joan
your too kind. More rural - yes I'm sure there will be more of them, got lots of space to play with in the region yet ;)
Glad you liked the animation also. I aim to please.

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on August 25, 2009, 04:02:59 PM
Great pic!!!!!

Thank you Driftmaster

Quote from: djvandrake on August 28, 2009, 10:21:47 AM
I finally was able to take the time and read the entire MD seeing that I'm a touch new here.  I didn't want to miss any of it.

All I can say is, wow! What a journey! An adventure full of highs and lows, laughs and sorrow, (a lot like life) and a lot of excellent work in building wonderful city/land scapes.  You're wonderfully creative and I look forward to
grabbing a cuppa for each future installment.  I promise not to lurk out of fear of being smited (poor Vicar's daughter.)

:D

Best to you Derry,
DJ

Welcome djvandrake.
First things first here's your welcome cuppa and thank you for taking the time to read all of my MD.
Its great to see a new reader and am so glad you started at the beginning and liked it all.
Yes highs and lows, been a few of them but the journey has been worth it. I really enjoy seeing new readers comments as it makes it all the more worth while and I hope you stay along for the ride. Goodness knows what will happen in the future or what warped ideas will pop in my mind.

Quote from: Gaston on August 28, 2009, 03:18:37 PM
Great animation , mate.     Here a nice cuppa for ya.    Just sit back and relax and watch the pretty pictures.     ;)   

---Gaston

Cheers Gaston
Really enjoyed the cuppa, so nice not to have to make it myself :D :D
Glad you like the pretty moving pic :thumbsup:

Quote from: tooheys on September 06, 2009, 02:48:11 AM
Here I am, on time as usual  $%Grinno$%. Derry, I do like the animation, but I have to say that your work with the
vegetation along the top of the cliffs really caught my eye. Splendid work mate  :thumbsup:

Ta very much Dave.
Lots of plopping with the bushes almost got RSI from cliking but the end result was worth it. I just knew you'd be the one to notice that :D :D Glad you liked it. ()stsfd()

And now who'd like to see some pics?

Overall shot of Dunloe Pop 754

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

pic 6

pic 7

Just a short update this time but hopefully it will keep you satisfied till the next installment.
:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Glowbal

tooheys

I hope the guy harvesting the wheat(?) field has good brakes, it's a long way to the bottom  :D

Derry, might have been a short update, but as usual not short on quality.  :thumbsup: Your rural work just gets better and better.

Dave

joelyboy911

Splendid update. Lovely use of trees and beautiful farms.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Schulmanator

Looking good - and the rock mod is simply de-lish!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Jmouse

QuoteAnd now who'd like to see some pics?

Me, me, me!
:)

The fields on rolling hills just look great, Derry. I believe that concept is more European than what I'm used to seeing – but I like it very much. Although we live in the shadow of the Ozarks, the land is pretty flat around here, and so are all the fields.

As always, your rural scenes are a treat to see. You're using a very pleasing combination of trees, too, and I like the subdued look of the pics. Pic 6 is especially attractive.

Great work, here...

Joan

djvandrake

Thank you for the welcome cup.  :)

This update is wonderful.  You have so much visual interest in each pic with the variance in the terrain, the wonderful trees that fit so well with the landscape, and the layout is quite nice.  I agree about the rock mod too, it's fantastic!  May I ask which mod this is?

It was a pleasure to stop by today.  :thumbsup:

Albus of Garaway

Ah, a short update, but a great one!

I absolutely loved those pictures you showed us, Derry! You put those farms to good use. May I ask what rock mod you're using? It looks fabulous.

TheTeaCat

To all

Regarding the rock mod that you all seem to like so much ()stsfd()

Its called Grassy Rock by Swat-Medic and I got it at ST linkie

Unfortunately the author has locked this file saying he has to fix the textures but to be honest with you
it has never caused me any problems whatsoever $%Grinno$% and am just glad I managed to get a copy
before it was locked.

Hopefully he will fix whatever problem there is and release it the pubic once more.

I really like it alot and it works really well in the region. Glad you do too :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II