• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE4194

Yan077

Incredible ! What an update   :o
the first picture is one of the best pictures I ever seen  &apls
Congrats Derry !!

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

catty

As always stunning and well worth the visit especially like the last two pictures, that rock mod is certainly realistic

:)
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Pat

Derry wonderfull stuff here!!! I love the crispness of the pics here!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

art128

Fantastic update Derry, these pictures are soo bucolic, greatly done and charming ! You're really good at making those environments and the result is, as usual, one more masterpiece ! All the details, floras, bushes and others walls along the street are an awesome touch to make that area a realistic feeling, good work my friend..
Can't wait to see the next pictures.
Take care,
-Arthur.  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

citymax

It's just ..... fantastic, your region seems so real, congratulations  &apls

threestooges

What? This MD has been plucked from the Hall of Fame?

Indeed it has. This month, in conjunction with the site's birthday, four MDs have been selected in addition to the regular OSITM participants. Each of these four MDs will showcase for a week in OSITM. Which four will they be? You'll have to tune in each week to find out. Rest assured, each author will likely have some impressive things in store.

Up for the first week of November is our good friend Derry, TheTeaCat. Enjoy the week Derry!

SC4D Staff

Tomas Neto

Great idea, will be a kind of fantastic four!!!
My friend Derry, invite you for a cup of tea, and I want to congratulate you for the first week of November!!!  &apls &apls &apls

TheTeaCat

Just to whet your appetite a little pic of where I'll be concentrating this week so...

Stay tuned ;D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

ecoba

Oh, Derry, you're such a tease.

I'm sorry I've never commented here at TeaTime before, but it is excellent.

Hope to see more soon,

Ethan

Battlecat

Congratulations on achieving the 4 in 1 OSITM!  Looking forward to seeing what you've got coming!

TheTeaCat

Thank you all on the MD Committee for selecting my MD as part of the 4in1 section of the OSITM.
It really is an honour to be here as part of all the special stuff going on this month.

To everyone who posted a comment, so many of you - Thanks a lot.:D
So without further ado shall we crack on with the update.

I hope you enjoy what I have in store for you.

A shameless plug here goes to Bernhard (Nardo69) who doesn't realise just how much of an influence he's had in this update. It all started when I read this post about Nardo's way of a temperate deciduous forest.

It spurred me to fire up the game and try it out, but first I had to find a suitable place.
The tile I showed in the TEAser is Shenstone. Pop 15.

Shenstone, a small little town that shall be mostly rural or at least we'll start it out that way and see what happens.
There are 4 areas that this update will feature and here's a closer look at them

Area A

This is the area I would test out Bernhard's technique and it was just so easy to get this result and on the very first go too, that there really was no reason to change it.

Area B
This area took a little bit more time to get to my satisfaction. Cows looked wrong here as did pigs so that left me with only one other option really. Those white fully clouds that walk on the ground more commonly known as sheep. I had to fence them in and was really glad of Chris's fences for this area.
Overall I'm pretty happy how it turned out :)

Area C
Shameless shot of one of my lots :P

Area D
The Huge Village itself.
It's got one shop,one pub, Fuel station and some craft stalls to tempt passing traffic.
Actually all the crafts are of a very high standard and carry the BLS seal of approval and it is quite a popular place to stop.

No Choir practice in the church tonight and the only place to get stuff late at night is the Shell Garage which is open from 6am till 1am. Its has also expanded a bit and added a car wash facility to keep all the cars clean.

As you can see some more new housing has been built and the pop now stand at 67 but I am sure that will keep growing as the town becomes more popular

Much more to come from Shenstone but that's it for the moment.
Hope you liked you visit so far.

regards
Derry.

Nothing was hurt in the making of this update and please excuse the grid in one of the pics. Thank you.
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

JBSimio

Great update, Derry!   &apls

Sorry I missed you TEAser earlier... I'm going to use the excuse that it was only 4AM here and I was still sleeping (for once!)  The trees in area A look very nice.  I'll have to check out Bernhard's post to see what was involved there.  The sheep certianly make sense on such a slope and one can never have enough fluffy clouds wandering around.  With farm lots like yours, I see nothing wrong with a shameless plug now and then.  The little village fits in perfectly with the surrounding farms.  I have to admit that I'm glad there will be no choir practice tonight... I really didn't feel like going this week anyway!  :D

See you next time...
JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

dedgren

Woo-hoo, Derry!  Absolutely marvelous realistic landscapes.  Your work always has a not-quite dreamy quality to it I just can't put my finger on.  It's like a vision of the best place you could visualize in your mind, a place you could spend forever in, only somehow better.

Ahhh, that's what comes from the hands and mind of a master, I guess.  Wonderful stuff!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Nardo69

Hi Derry!

Congratulation for the 4-in-1 OSITM!  &apls Knowing you it'll be very interesting!

Oh boy, a shameless plug for a small tutorial ...  &blush

But I must confess that wood turned out really good there. And those sheep make me think of trying that by myself. However knowing my speed - or better slowlyness - it'll take ages to get a presentable result ...

BTW: Wonderful farm - just blends in here perfectly!

Take care and have a lot of well-deserved cuppas!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

rooker1

Hey Derry,
Congrats on getting the frist week in OSITM!  &apls
Now those are some fantastic pictures my friend.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

djvandrake

Congrats on being the feature MD for the first week in ositm!  &apls

Your update is fantastic!  &apls  Area A is my favorite and it looks wonderful. I'll have to read Nardo's thread on this method of forest creation.  The sheep pastures in area B are really first rate work too.  :thumbsup:  :)

Bobbi

Congratulation Derry! &apls And the pictures look great.

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)