• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Battlecat

Great update!  I love those steep hillside farms, and your forest turned out particularly nice.  Great use of Bernhard's tutorial! 

Have to say, I'm a particularly huge fan of the way you've prepped your photos, the round shots look great!

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Jmouse

Congratulations are in order here, Derry. I can tell it's going to be a great month in OSITM, and it's wonderful to know you'll be a part of it!

Looks like I'll be joining a bunch of other aspiring players in reading Bernhard's tutorial if your work is an example of the results that are possible. The combination of colors and textures in Pic A are striking and create a strong visual statement which sets the stage for the pics that follow.

The farm in C looks great - very realistic - and I want one! :) D involves a different color and texture theme, but it fits right into the overall scheme of things. And the night shot is stunning! Shenstone is a keeper for sure, and a great start to what I'm sure will be a stellar week here.

Later...
Joan

TheTeaCat

Thank you all for popping in for a cuppa and a read, I do hope you enjoy your stay.

But first some replies

Quote from: JBSimio on November 01, 2009, 12:24:17 PM
Great update, Derry!   &apls

Sorry I missed you TEAser earlier... I'm going to use the excuse that it was only 4AM here and I was still sleeping (for once!)  The trees in area A look very nice.  I'll have to check out Bernhard's post to see what was involved there.  The sheep certainly make sense on such a slope and one can never have enough fluffy clouds wandering around.  With farm lots like yours, I see nothing wrong with a shameless plug now and then.  The little village fits in perfectly with the surrounding farms.  I have to admit that I'm glad there will be no choir practice tonight... I really didn't feel like going this week anyway!  :D

See you next time...
JB

Jon,
Wonderful to see you and thanks  very much for such a great comment. Not a worry that you missed the Teaser, you got here in the end and that's all that mattered.  Actually I pretty happy there's no choir practice either, what they call singing isn't what I call it but we'll say no more as the vicar's wife makes a mean cuppa :)

Quote from: dedgren on November 01, 2009, 01:42:20 PM
Woo-hoo, Derry!  Absolutely marvelous realistic landscapes.  Your work always has a not-quite dreamy quality to it I just can't put my finger on.  It's like a vision of the best place you could visualize in your mind, a place you could spend forever in, only somehow better.

Ahhh, that's what comes from the hands and mind of a master, I guess.  Wonderful stuff!

David

Thank you David for such a great comment, stop it now your making me blush &blush

Quote from: Nardo69 on November 01, 2009, 02:09:32 PM
Hi Derry!

Congratulation for the 4-in-1 OSITM!  &apls Knowing you it'll be very interesting!

Oh boy, a shameless plug for a small tutorial ...  &blush

But I must confess that wood turned out really good there. And those sheep make me think of trying that by myself. However knowing my speed - or better slowlyness - it'll take ages to get a presentable result ...

BTW: Wonderful farm - just blends in here perfectly!

Take care and have a lot of well-deserved cuppas!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Bernhard,
Thanks for your marvelous comment. It was my pleasure for the plug as if it wasn't for you I wood not have have such a fantastic result. I hope you enjoy this little installment too. And the kettle is constantly boiling this week :D for all those extra cuppas :D

Quote from: rooker1 on November 01, 2009, 04:01:51 PM
Hey Derry,
Congrats on getting the first week in OSITM!  &apls
Now those are some fantastic pictures my friend.

Robin  :thumbsup:

Thank you Robin.
Its great to be here :D.
I'm glad you like the pics lots more to come so stay tuned;)

Quote from: djvandrake on November 01, 2009, 06:28:40 PM
Congrats on being the feature MD for the first week in ositm!  &apls

Your update is fantastic!  &apls  Area A is my favorite and it looks wonderful. I'll have to read Nardo's thread on this method of forest creation.  The sheep pastures in area B are really first rate work too.  :thumbsup:  :)

Thank you kind Sir.
I really happy you like the update and I would recommend Nardo's MD to everybody, its just such a good read and full of useful stuff. That mini tutorial was the start of the whole project this week.

Quote from: Bobbi on November 01, 2009, 08:35:38 PM
Congratulation Derry! &apls And the pictures look great.

Thank you Bobbi. I think you may like these ones too :D

Quote from: Battlecat on November 02, 2009, 01:13:49 PM
Great update!  I love those steep hillside farms, and your forest turned out particularly nice.  Great use of Bernhard's tutorial! 

Have to say, I'm a particularly huge fan of the way you've prepped your photos, the round shots look great!

Thank you very much BC for such a nice comment.
I'll admit it's not easy doing the farms on slopes but with perseverance and judicious use of the 'dozer, I'll end up with something that looks presentable. 

Glad you like the pic presentation too :thumbsup:

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on November 02, 2009, 01:28:31 PM
AMAZING work Derry!

Thank you Driftmaster
Glad you like it :thumbsup:

Quote from: Jmouse on November 02, 2009, 03:16:20 PM
Congratulations are in order here, Derry. I can tell it's going to be a great month in OSITM, and it's wonderful to know you'll be a part of it!

Looks like I'll be joining a bunch of other aspiring players in reading Bernhard's tutorial if your work is an example of the results that are possible. The combination of colors and textures in Pic A are striking and create a strong visual statement which sets the stage for the pics that follow.

The farm in C looks great - very realistic - and I want one! :) D involves a different color and texture theme, but it fits right into the overall scheme of things. And the night shot is stunning! Shenstone is a keeper for sure, and a great start to what I'm sure will be a stellar week here.

Later...
Joan

Thank you Joan,

Yes I do believe your right, It IS going to be a great month for the site and its an honour to be part off it. I whole heartily recommend the tutorial and the update would not be the same if I hadn't tried it out.
I am more than pleased with the result.

The farm in pic C that you want so badly is available here :)
And I too really like the night shot. just had to wait for the right moment to take it but am pretty pleased with the result.

Still lots to do in Shenstone and a busy week for me with it. So I better get cracking with it .

But first .......

First of all lets see where we are this evening

Just to let you all know That I am playing this tile all week and showing my progress as I go.
Hopefully I shall be able to show some work each evening. So what did I do today?

I filled in the bottom right area and am quite satisfied with the results.
Population has now grown to 268

And now a mosaic of the all that has been completed so far :)

There we go, hope you enjoyed this little installment, stay tuned for more.

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Gaston

Absolutely beautiful.   I love the foliage/terraforming between each farm.     Great stuff indeed, Derry.   I love your farmlands.  You truely inspire me to do great stuff.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

KoV Liberty

Derry, you never cease to amaze me! That work with the small farms with the rolling hills... Just stunning! A great job there and keep 'em coming!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Tomas Neto

EDGE4194

Derry- this is absolutely stunning work. You are a true artist  &apls

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

tooheys

Brilliant work Derry, you only have a week but it's going to be a beauty  :thumbsup:

You always impress me with your gently undulating farm fields and your use of flora is stunning.

Well done mate

Dave

ecoba

Oh, Derry, such great work.

I can't wait to see some more excellent work.

Ethan

djvandrake

Beautiful mosaic, expecially the lavender fields.  &apls

Battlecat

Another nice one!  I quite like how you've detailed the edges of your fields in this one. 

Yan077

As always an excellent work, marvellous landscape and a superb mosaic  &apls

And congrats for the well desserved OSITM  :thumbsup:

Yann

JBSimio

Derry, Derry, Derry...

You make it so difficult to leave sensible and original comments... I simply run out of words too quickly.  Then I'm reduced to saying things like "Excellent!"  "Great update!"  "It looks wonderful!"  or the always apt standby of  :thumbsup: or  &apls  Maybe if your images weren't so goshdarn perfect, I could come up with something a little more thought provoking... but alas, you leave me little choice.

I should mention that I really like the quick curve in the road just north of the village.  Not sure why that sticks out to me, but it does and I like it.  I also like how everything is backed up against the foot of the mountain along the right side.  That's all I've got, though... back to things like "Ooohh!  Wow!  What a great picture!"   &apls

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Jmouse

Derry, that mosaic is just too perfect! The detailing is flawless. The whole picture captures the very heart and soul of a charming rural village that's in tune with the environment.

I often wonder if master MDers like you have a vision of what they want before they start, and how close the end result matches that vision. Just saying, *I think I'll put a rural village here* can't possibly be enough.

To be sure, this is the start of a stellar week for you in OSITM, and you have all of us waiting - none too patiently - for more!

Later...
Joan

TheTeaCat

Wow so many wonderful comments from so many people, thank you all.
Not lots of time this evening but Joan you mentioned you wanted more,
Well I think I can arrange that :D

So without further ado lets get cracking.

Well as you can see we are popping over the river for tonight's installment and much to Robin's delight
we shall be visiting Shenstone's Industrial Area. I'm sure many of you will be delighted to see huge plumes
of smoke and pollution coming from the mighty smokestacks. so lets go eh?

a

b

c

d

e

f

g

h

As you can see a thriving industrial area. Don't worry there are some extremely tough
pollution controls in place and the penalty for breaking them? Well......
If you gotta ask about them, you really won't like the answer.
Some say that you get exposed directly to its effects and you never %$^&$$&%%*&(^&^^)^*&(^(*&(^
                                                                                                       censored to protect the innocent

Thanks for dropping by, more to come soon  ;D
But now I off to make a cuppa

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

djvandrake

:D  I was sure to control my pollution during my visit. I don't want to get exposed!  :P

So many wonderful things in your update.  The variety is impressive: Orchards, Grains, Flowers, a market and those cute sheep.  A scarecrow even!  I think that's my favorite. Very, very charming.  &apls  &apls  &apls

Jmouse

*Ask and ye shall receive another crop of prize-winning screenies!*

This time, it was C that caught my eye first. Don't recall seeing that big brown structure (center left) before. Nice BAT, though. And then there's D and F - a feast for the eyes. I'm partial to the close-ups, and I especially like the wooded area north of the dirt road in F. Outstanding work on arranging the trees. It reminds me of the wooded area across from my house which ends abruptly near the edge of our neighbor's property.

Although I'm not fond of industry, I see you've managed to create a "necessary evil" which doesn't destroy the overall atmosphere of the village. I've saved several of these pics to use as references when I get farther into the development of my own region.

And now, once again, I shall brazenly demand MORE...
Joan

Tomas Neto

You are a master playing SC4!!! Awesome update my friend!!!  &apls &apls &apls