• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nardo69

Well, as you could see the time of tears and BSoD is over ... maybe your update was just the last kick in my ... to get it working again!  :D

Maxis?!? Well, somehow I am surprised and not surprised at all. I always had the feeling that the Maxis lot designer felt more for the huts of the poor than for the fancing buildings of the rich - at least concerning Lot detailing.  ::)

And with this TEAser it means we have to boil quite some water until next time?  :D

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Battlecat

That's a great little teaser there! 

rooker1

Fantastic TEAser my friend!  The Pig farm does look great!
As for the rural areas of mine and thier high standards......well let's just put it this way.  I always have the internet open on a page with pics from your MD of farming/rural areas.  So I am just trying to reach for your standards my friend.
I can't wait to see more.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

canyonjumper

Awesome teaser Derry!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

TheTeaCat

Replies first

Quote from: Bobbi on July 11, 2010, 05:54:57 AM
Emmm, is it a pig farm? :D

Renne :thumbsup:

I do believe you are correct Bobbi. Well done :D

Quote from: Nardo69 on July 11, 2010, 02:19:02 PM
Well, as you could see the time of tears and BSoD is over ... maybe your update was just the last kick in my ... to get it
working again!  :D

Maxis?!? Well, somehow I am surprised and not surprised at all. I always had the feeling that the Maxis lot designer felt more
for the huts of the poor than for the fancing buildings of the rich - at least concerning Lot detailing.  ::)

And with this TEAser it means we have to boil quite some water until next time?  :D

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Bernhard

Fantastic news that you got SC4 running again. Maybe your pc just got jealous  :D:D
Maxis - yes some of the stage 1 and 2s fit right in for what i need and well there so much custom stuff, its nice to see some
(only some) of it everynow and then. If I don't like it or it doesn't fit what I want - out comes the 'Dozer :D

Hopefully it wasn't too long a wait for you this time
Take care and don't forget to make back ups:thumbsup:

Quote from: Battlecat on July 12, 2010, 08:46:19 AM
That's a great little teaser there! 

Thank you very much BC:thumbsup:

Quote from: rooker1 on July 12, 2010, 09:15:29 AM
Fantastic TEAser my friend!  The Pig farm does look great!
As for the rural areas of mine and thier high standards......well let's just put it this way.  I always have the internet open
on a page with pics from your MD of farming/rural areas.  So I am just trying to reach for your standards my friend.
I can't wait to see more.

Robin,

Thank you so much for such a wikked compliment.
If my pics can inspire you half as much as the fun I had doing it then your more than halfway then my friend.
Heres a few pics to keep you going then ;)

Quote from: canyonjumper on July 19, 2010, 11:21:32 PM
Awesome teaser Derry!

-Jordan :thumbsup:

Cheers Jordan :thumbsup:

Well here we are again.Back with some stuff to hopefully delight and tantlise you a bit.

Now we all know the true story behind the pig farm but this pig farm has nothing to do with that. At all.

This is the story of a man.

A man called Tru. TH. Fully.

A man of rather dubious integrity, a man who would always look the wrong way ( especially at traffic junctions,often being heard to say at the scene of an accident "I never saw you! No. Honestly I didn't!).

A man of noterity in the local community who was guareented to never keep his word.

A man whose promise wasn't worth the wind it was written on.

A man who had the uncanny knack of been able to produce dodgy bank notes out of thin air.

A man the local called Porkie. Not because of all the lies he told.

No the called him Porkie ... well because he was fat.

Now some of you may think I am being Fatist when I say that but actually I'm not.  He really was the Fatest sim in town. :D

Then poor old Tru ( not liking hearing the truth) would skulk off back to his farm and swear he was never coming out again.

Never.

Well untill he needed more shopping anyway.

If you look closely you may see him in among the pigs!

3-1
"Country Roads, take me home"

3-2
"High Barn Farm"

3-3
"The Pond"

3-4
The same shot reworked a bit, trying out some of the tools i never use;) Better or worse? let me know what you think;)

And finally

Hope you all enjoyed your little vist today.

Keep smiling:D

It makes people wonder what you've been up to :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

djvandrake

:D  @ Tea Mail.

I really like the pond you placed in that scene.  Very nice.  And forgive me but I'm having trouble understanding what you did differently in the last picture?  It looks wonderful.

Jmouse

The pig farm in 3-1 looks great - I really like the BAT, but I don't recall seeing it before. 3-2 is absolutely charming, and the cutline is so very appropriate! Makes me want to hurry and get my monitor adjusted so I can fire up SC4 again. I like the way you've lined the road with trees. Looks a whole lot better than what I see around here in RL.

That winding road in 3-3
takes me back to the days when Daddy would surprise Mama and I with a nice scenic drive after church. Those were the days when a man could buy four or five gallons of gas (about 15-19 litres) for the price of a candy bar today.

3-3 looks good, but 3-4 is a nice change of pace - the pond really sets them off. It's great to see you back doing the SC4 things we all love! :)

Later...
Joan

RickD

I like the country road winding through the fields in 3-1. Well done.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

TheTeaCat

Replies

Quote from: djvandrake on July 25, 2010, 10:51:04 AM
:D  @ Tea Mail.

I really like the pond you placed in that scene.  Very nice.  And forgive me but I'm having trouble understanding what you did differently in the last picture?  It looks wonderful.

Thanks a lot, glad you like it. 
The difference in the pictures is that I used a perspective tool on the pic.
It stretches the pic a bit but the overall effect works I think ;)

Quote from: Jmouse on July 26, 2010, 10:14:25 PM
The pig farm in 3-1 looks great - I really like the BAT, but I don't recall seeing it before. 3-2 is absolutely charming, and the cutline is so very appropriate! Makes me want to hurry and get my monitor adjusted so I can fire up SC4 again. I like the way you've lined the road with trees. Looks a whole lot better than what I see around here in RL.

That winding road in 3-3
takes me back to the days when Daddy would surprise Mama and I with a nice scenic drive after church. Those were the days when a man could buy four or five gallons of gas (about 15-19 litres) for the price of a candy bar today.

3-3 looks good, but 3-4 is a nice change of pace - the pond really sets them off. It's great to see you back doing the SC4 things we all love! :)

Later...

Joan

Thank you Joan.

Yes indeed it is a wonderful BAT which you can find here
Most of the area where I grew up have tree and hedge lined roads meandering thru the countryside, so in a way I am trying torecreate my childhood :D ( gee that was soooooo long ago now  :D) and am glad it evokes similar memories foryou also.

Must admit it does take quite a while to get it looking good and that once again I have some time to play.

Looking forward to the day we see some more from you too, especially now you got your pc sorted :thumbsup:

Quote from: RickD on July 28, 2010, 02:29:49 AM
I like the country road winding through the fields in 3-1. Well done.

Thanks a lot Rick.  :thumbsup:

Now a little Teaser for you all

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

threestooges

Well now, that's a neat trick. Nice picture underlying it too. Looking forward to seeing what comes from it.
-Matt

Jmouse

Nice! :) You can bet I'll be watching!

Later...
Joan

rooker1

A puzzle....I love puzzles and your pic.

Call me Robin, please.

Battlecat

Nice effect turning it into a puzzle!  Love the underlying picture!

nedalezz

Your farms looks great :) Very realistic, and the detail level is very high. Great update :)

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

TheTeaCat

Sorry about the delay in posting this update. RL enough said.

Anyway Some replies first :D

Quote from: threestooges on August 01, 2010, 11:42:20 AM
Well now, that's a neat trick. Nice picture underlying it too. Looking forward to seeing what comes from it.
-Matt

Cheers Matt. Glad you liked the TEAser :D

Quote from: Jmouse on August 01, 2010, 06:45:50 PM
Nice! :) You can bet I'll be watching!

Later...
Joan

Thank you Joan.

Quote from: rooker1 on August 03, 2010, 10:09:28 AM
A puzzle....I love puzzles and your pic.

Excellent try the one then a bit further down :D

Quote from: Battlecat on August 05, 2010, 08:46:23 AM
Nice effect turning it into a puzzle!  Love the underlying picture!

Thanks BC. Just thought something a little different would be nice.

Quote from: nedalezz on August 08, 2010, 02:34:10 PM
Your farms looks great :) Very realistic, and the detail level is very high. Great update :)

Thank you Nedalezz. Takes a while to get the overall effect but worth it.
Quote from: Skimbo on August 11, 2010, 04:33:56 AM
Hehe, great MD! &apls

Thank you Skimbo and welcome too.

Oh yes almost forgot some picss. Yes thats what you all would like to see
isin't it?

Milking Time

Milking Time 2

pic 4.1

hehe managed to finish the puzzle :)

pic 4.2

Sunday Morning Schoolboy Football

pic 4.3

pic 4.4

pic 4.5

That's it for the mo - hope you all liked it. ;)

Now Robin and everyone else here is a little puzzle for you

Four bugs, the Green, the Yellow, the Red, and the Blue occupy the corners of a square as shown in the illustration.

The side of the square is 10 units long.

Simultaneously the Green bug starts to crawl directly toward the Yellow one, the Yellow toward the Red,
the Red toward the Blue and the Blue toward the Green.

Since all four bugs crawl at the same constant rate, they will describe four congruent logarithmic spirals
which meet at the center of the square.

Thus the question is: how far does each bug travel before they meet?

TIll the next time dont forget to keep the kettle boiling

:satisfied:
TTC

cubby420

Awesome pics! Love the cows on the way for milking. Plus I kind of want the puzzle. I smell a lucrative jigsaw puzzle manufacturing contract in your future.  ::)

And about the bugs. Short answer is 10 units. Long answer is, since each beetle is constantly chasing via the most direct path the beetle is constantly facing the beetle that begins in front of it, each traces a path towards the center that sharpens as each moves, like a rapidly decaying orbit. Since they all start an equal distance away, they will meet at the center having gone the exact distance of the squares side: 10 units. That's a good one. I'll have to share it with some friends.

art128

Some very nice pictures there, Derry ! I love the derails with the cows and the trees. Also these zig-zag road are very nice, a bit strange but nice !

Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Battlecat

Love the shot with the cows lined up to go for milking!  That turned out particularly nicely!  Naturally that's all relative, everything is great as usual!

Skimbo

The way you handle the animal props on the first two pictures is amazeing! And the landscapeing as well. just great!. :)
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here