• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDGE4194

Derry- its so good to see you back again. The first and last pics are very nice!  &apls

rooker1

Herding the cows, perfect pics my friend.  I love it.  Enter one of those in the Pic Comp. please. ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

TiFlo

Mooh! Cute (and very well done) ;D

Jmouse

"Wait 'til the cows come home!" And come home they did, in grand style ala TTC!

Even if there were no signs of life in your screen shots other than vegetation, I would still admire the lay of the land. Love the gently rolling hills. Of course, the way you use the existing environs to achieve maximum "WOW!" power makes for stunning results.

As I look closely at 4.2,
the thing which catches my eye first is the brighter-green pasture - nice, but not a show-stopper by itself. Then the surrounding trees come into focus and I realize you've mixed a wide variety of colors and textures to create a perfectly harmonious scene. I know from personal experience this is easier said than done.

Pic 4.4 is another example
of using the existing terrain to its best advantage, and 4.5 just leaves me with a warm feeling that all is right with the world and it's a beautiful day!

Then you go and shatter my daydream
with a puzzle I can't solve! Well, one of these days maybe I'll have a chance to repay the "favor!" ;)

Later...
Joan

canyonjumper

Great pics Derry! Those milking pics look great! Nice job!

Your friend,
                            Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

TheTeaCat

Sorry for so little activity lately, real life keeps getting in the way but I do have replies on the way and

A little TEAser for you all  :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

rooker1

Nice TEAser but it's not enough for me.  ::)
Good to see you around Derry....can't wait for more.

Call me Robin, please.

cubby420

Beautiful teaser Derry! I can't wait to see more.

Girafe

Incredible TTC  &apls &apls &apls

where do you find the concrete base of the bridge ?
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Yan077

I agree. it's not enough, I want more, Derry !   ;D

Jmouse

Awful thing when RL gets in the way of important stuff like TaTT updates!

Excellent  teaser, though. I really like the way you've done the creek bank. There's a pleasing variety of colors and textures which makes for a very realistic scene. The way you've widened the stream looks great, too. Most of us tend to make them narrow with little or no variation, but I shouldn't be surprised - you're known for your originality, especially in the rural sector.

Now I must agree with the others who have said give us more, more, more!

Later... :)
Joan

Nardo69

Hi Derry!

Excellent TEAser. I have to join Joan regarding anything about the creek!

I just have to criticise that now, I am hanging in the middle of a very steep cliff waiting for what's to come!

Take care my friend!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

Really nice rural scenes there, and like most of your visitors I think the milking time pictures are very well done.

TheTeaCat

Quote from: cubby420 on August 12, 2010, 04:57:14 PM
Awesome pics! Love the cows on the way for milking. Plus I kind of want the puzzle. I smell a lucrative jigsaw puzzle manufacturing contract in your future.  ::)

And about the bugs. Short answer is 10 units. Long answer is, since each beetle is constantly chasing via the most direct path the beetle is constantly facing the beetle that begins in front of it, each traces a path towards the center that sharpens as each moves, like a rapidly decaying orbit. Since they all start an equal distance away, they will meet at the center having gone the exact distance of the squares side: 10 units. That's a good one. I'll have to share it with some friends.

Thank you cubby. Glad you liked the update , hope you'll like this one too.
And spot on with the answer too. well done and so quick too. Think that earned you a nice cuppa ;)

Quote from: art128 on August 13, 2010, 03:06:19 AM
Some very nice pictures there, Derry ! I love the details with the cows and the trees. Also these zig-zag road are very nice, a bit strange but nice !

Take care,
-Arthur. :thumbsup:

Thank you Arthur. Where I come from windy roads are normal to me and people tend to follow the line of least resistance so thats howe the tracks turned into those windy roads over time.

Quote from: Battlecat on August 13, 2010, 08:10:27 AM
Love the shot with the cows lined up to go for milking!  That turned out particularly nicely!  Naturally that's all relative, everything is great as usual!

Thank you BC. Glad you liked it.:)

Quote from: Skimbo on August 13, 2010, 10:36:51 AM
The way you handle the animal props on the first two pictures is amazeing! And the landscapeing as well. just great!. :)

Thank you Skimbo.
It took a while to achieve the effect so so worth it in the end.
Glad you like it.

Quote from: EDGE4194 on August 16, 2010, 04:34:42 AM
Derry- its so good to see you back again. The first and last pics are very nice!  &apls

Thank you and good to see you hear too;)

Quote from: rooker1 on August 16, 2010, 09:58:53 AM
Herding the cows, perfect pics my friend.  I love it.  Enter one of those in the Pic Comp. please. ;)

Cheers Robin. I did. It won.

Quote from: TiFlo on August 16, 2010, 10:32:53 AM
Mooh! Cute (and very well done) ;D

Thanks a lot TiFlo ;)

Quote from: Jmouse on August 16, 2010, 05:42:56 PM
"Wait 'til the cows come home!" And come home they did, in grand style ala TTC!

Even if there were no signs of life in your screen shots other than vegetation, I would still admire the lay of the land. Love the gently rolling hills. Of course, the way you use the existing environs to achieve maximum "WOW!" power makes for stunning results.

As I look closely at 4.2,
the thing which catches my eye first is the brighter-green pasture - nice, but not a show-stopper by itself. Then the surrounding trees come into focus and I realize you've mixed a wide variety of colors and textures to create a perfectly harmonious scene. I know from personal experience this is easier said than done.

Pic 4.4 is another example
of using the existing terrain to its best advantage, and 4.5 just leaves me with a warm feeling that all is right with the world and it's a beautiful day!

Then you go and shatter my daydream
with a puzzle I can't solve! Well, one of these days maybe I'll have a chance to repay the "favor!" ;)

Later...
Joan

Hi Joan,
Thank you Joan, I am so glad you appreciate my efforts. Mostly it a lot of point and clik and liberal use of the bulldozer tool.
But once I get it , ob boy was it all worth the effort. I tend to like the quiet rural scenes with the odd car or truck or better still none at all,
so that what I am for.

Not much like that in this update - oh no - summat a bit different. Dull, boring, drab even lol.
Sorry about the puzzle - but see cubby's post for the answer;)

Glad you liked the update though, lets see about this one:D

Quote from: canyonjumper on August 23, 2010, 08:07:12 PM
Great pics Derry! Those milking pics look great! Nice job!

Your friend,
                            Jordan :thumbsup:

Thanks Jordan,
Glad you like them :thumbsup:

REPLIES TO THE TEASER

Quote from: rooker1 on September 16, 2010, 03:31:05 PM
Nice TEAser but it's not enough for me.  ::)
Good to see you around Derry....can't wait for more.

Ok, ok, here you go then. lol.
Sorry about the delay but RL just simply got in the way.
Managed to get a bit of time to play so here we go, some pics at last. :thumbsup:

Quote from: cubby420 on September 17, 2010, 09:03:53 AM
Beautiful teaser Derry! I can't wait to see more.

Not long to go now cubby ;)

Quote from: Girafe on September 17, 2010, 09:09:03 AM
Incredible TTC  &apls &apls &apls

where do you find the concrete base of the bridge ?

Thanks Girafe.
Glad you liked what you see.
Now as for the answer to your question, that is a standard maxis ( yes you read that right, maxis) bridge.

Quote from: Yan077 on September 17, 2010, 10:38:00 AM
I agree. it's not enough, I want more, Derry !   ;D

Heehee Yann , well then here's some more for you then ;)

Quote from: Jmouse on September 17, 2010, 04:55:16 PM
Awful thing when RL gets in the way of important stuff like TaTT updates!

Excellent  teaser, though. I really like the way you've done the creek bank. There's a pleasing variety of colors and textures which makes for a very realistic scene. The way you've widened the stream looks great, too. Most of us tend to make them narrow with little or no variation, but I shouldn't be surprised - you're known for your originality, especially in the rural sector.

Now I must agree with the others who have said give us more, more, more!

Later... :)
Joan

Thanks a lot Joan. More from around that area later but not yet :grinno:
still there are some (as I said earlier) dull, boring, drab ones on the way.

Quote from: Nardo69 on September 18, 2010, 02:57:50 PM
Hi Derry!

Excellent TEAser. I have to join Joan regarding anything about the creek!

I just have to criticise that now, I am hanging in the middle of a very steep cliff waiting for what's to come!

Take care my friend!

Sorry about the delay then Bernhard,
Thank you am so glad you approve of my efforts.
This is not a normal update as in the type of late but still lets see what you think. hope you like it, but its still an area in development.

Quote from: kwakelaar on September 19, 2010, 12:26:40 AM
Really nice rural scenes there, and like most of your visitors I think the milking time pictures are very well done.

Thank you very much. kwakelaar Glad you like what you see.

Okay then folks , roll up , roll up, make your self a cuppa, grb you seats, and be prepared to be bored. The following update has been brought to you by the Drab societie's leading member. namely Me.

I have for you some pictures that are really drab. pictures of houses and factories and stuff that we see everyday in the real world and yet you all came here today to see these ones. I could go on and on and on about it but that would be boring now, wouldn't it and I wouldn't want to do that to you.

I could go on about how boring it was doing the update, getting the links , preparing the pics, etc but I won't coz you might get bored and not look at the drab, dull ppics I made because I was so bored.

So on with the show. I was going to make the all B+W pics but even I thought that would be just a little bit too boring for my readers ;)

Well there you have it folks, I really hope you weren't too bored with it heehee
but I think now its time for a cuppa and lets hope normal service is resumed in the next update;D

;satisfied:
TTC.
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

threestooges

What a bunch of boring, bland, samey-sameness. It takes a lot of work to get that in the game. Well done on this Derry. A few of the pictures reminded me of areas I've seen before in real life. I have to imagine it'd get a touch confusing whose house was whose, especially after a night at the pub. I recall a few stories about that when I was in Dublin (why the doors all have different colors). Any special tricks you used to get the uniformity? How long did it take?
-Matt

Jmouse

Wow, this is what I call shifting gears in the middle of a relaxing Sunday drive in the country! The endless repetition /wrrd%& makes me think of the subsidized housing we see throughout the U.S. Rent is based on the tenant's income, and the government makes up the difference. The structures are rather dismal apartments which are so tiny, you couldn't cuss a cat in the living room without getting fur in your mouth! Grim and boring, yes, but a part of life just the same. I do like the way you've created terraces to add some interest.

Nice of you
to save the best for last, though! :D

Later...
Joan

rooker1

I saw this update the day you posted, but was unsure what to say as this is one of the most boring post I have ever seen.  So I thought to myself if I post just that, that would not be too nice.  And now I am back today to tell you that this is the most boring post I have ever seen......but when you get right down you can see the brilliance of it all.  There are next to no foundations on any of those lots, that in itself is an awesome feat.  Next is the fact that you were able/patient enough to get that many houses to grow all the same.
At the end of the day Derry, this was another fantastic update!

Call me Robin, please.

Nardo69

Oh yeah, boring ... plain dead boring (as wished  :D )

I don't know how often Z blew up that Hotel Majestic in 3.6.2 when I grew just likes crazy.   ::)

I guess our friend Dozer 07 was rather busy - at least on my systems it's hard to get that much of rp200x / zero7's bungalows!

Nice Idea with that avenue triangle - however I would have used the road roundabout and two roads there. But that's my taste ...

Take care my friend!

Pat

been looking on and pondering here about how everyone says this is sooo boring and well ive succumbed to the same thoughts here as everyone else... I was also thinking man this looks like my city of Rhinelander hmmmm....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

That are nice rows of houses. Some nice pictures of your city...
Looking forward to more. :)