• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

You can buy it everywhere here, but I get the bags flown in for me personally from S.Africa  ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

M4346

Ah, interesting! It invokes a warm and fuzzy feeling in my heart knowing that South Africa is represented and representing. :P But, alas, I don't like Rooibos tea, unless it is made on the gas stove in a special tin / metal tea pot. ;) The way my grandmother makes it.  :thumbsup:

You should feel special then, having your own personal batch specially for yourself. :P Enough of this trivialness!  $%Grinno$% We're high-jacking Derry's thread...  &mmm Or are we?  :satisfied:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

TheTeaCat

Not in the slighest- IF your talking about TEA

Update coming soon but RL takes its hold this week &mmm

laters peeps

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Gaston

I am sorry for mentioning the Tea that Shall NOT Be Named and for highjacking sidetracking your MD, Derry.    As far as Rooibos goes, I can get it here pretty easily but I haven't tried it yet.    It is readily available but pretty expensive.   I seem to remember it haveing a floral scent when I smelled it. (I can buy it in bulk at the local health food market.)    If that is the stuff I smelled it reminded me of my grandmother's perfume;    ???    And that was some nasty smelling stuff.   ROFL
    Derry, don't let RL get you down.    It will all work out.   Someone once said:  "Don't sweat the small stuff..."

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

M4346

LOL Gaston, that's strange! :P The name Rooibos is Afrikaans for Red Bush tea and it is made from a little shrub. They dry the leaves and twigs and put it into bags. It is relatively cheap here in South Africa, because, well, it's where it comes from, but a friend of mine in Ohio said that it is expensive in the States. More information -> Click!
New Horizons Productions

Gaston

Quotea friend of mine in Ohio said that it is expensive in the States
Ohio isn't all that far from me.   Yeah, he's right it is expensive here in the mid-west.   Thanks for the link.   I might do a bit more research about it.   I'm not a huge fan of wiki.   lol   I've found alot of errors in wiki info.    :P     Hope all is well in So. Africa.

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

M4346

I'm not a huge fan of Wiki either, but I checked it and it seemed to be kosher.  :thumbsup:
All is well this side of the Equator and Greenwich Meridian, thank you, and I trust the scenario and situation is the same over there.  ;D
New Horizons Productions

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Gaston on September 21, 2007, 01:57:56 PM
     I am sorry for mentioning the Tea that Shall NOT Be Named and for hijacking sidetracking your MD, Derry.    As far as Rooibos goes, I can get it here pretty easily but I haven't tried it yet.    It is readily available but pretty expensive.   I seem to remember it having a floral scent when I smelled it. (I can buy it in bulk at the local health food market.)    If that is the stuff I smelled it reminded me of my grandmother's perfume;    ???    And that was some nasty smelling stuff.   ROFL
    Derry, don't let RL get you down.    It will all work out.   Someone once said:  "Don't sweat the small stuff..."

---Gaston

Yo Gaston here you all are talking about some tea I had never heard of but from your description of it it seems like that tea That Shall Not be named :D.
And from your description of its aroma I don't think I'll be trying it $%Grinno$%

Gaston
RL gets me down  &mmm every day  &mmm - I just don't like reality $%Grinno$% but everytime it puts me down,
I get back up and poke it in the eye :D ( though sometimes it takes a while ;) )

I suffer badly from depression hence the above comment. The one thing I found that helps is playing sc4. I found through years of playing FPS, war games etc and while I was good at them they were never satisfying for me. They were too "destructive" whereas the creativity of sc4 as you start with a blank canvas and "construct" instead of destroy/kill I find very therapeutic.

Now something to whet your appetites folks.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/4803/murderfileshortnn5.swf

Caught on a security camera - What happens next?

Well till the next cuppa

TTC
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

M4346

Quote from: TheTeaCat on September 21, 2007, 04:34:37 PM
RL gets me down  &mmm every day  &mmm - I just don't like reality $%Grinno$% but everytime it puts me down,
I get back up and poke it in the eye :D ( though sometimes it takes a while ;) )

I suffer badly from depression hence the above comment. The one thing I found that helps is playing sc4. I found through years of playing FPS, war games etc and while I was good at them they were never satisfying for me. They were too "destructive" whereas the creativity of sc4 as you start with a blank canvas and "construct" instead of destroy/kill very therapeutic.

I can honestly relate to that, all of it.  :) Good luck then my friend, and know you have friends who surround you and are here for you.   :satisfied:
New Horizons Productions

EDGE4194

Quote from: M4346 on September 21, 2007, 05:46:19 PM
Good luck then my friend, and know you have friends who surround you and are here for you.   :satisfied:
absolutely!  :)

Gaston

We are deffinately here for ya, Derry.   Even if we do drink the "Tea that Shall NOT Be Named" on occasion.    ;)   

QuoteRL gets me down   every day   - I just don't like reality  but everytime it puts me down,
I get back up and poke it in the eye  ( though sometimes it takes a while  )

My brother-in-law used to say ...   
       "Well it sure as hell beats a sharp stick in the eye."   

I don't know what that had to do with your funky mood but I bet it made ya smile.    ;D

---Gaston
白龍

threestooges

SC4 is a very good creative medium, and you are quite well skilled with it. You have a keen eye too, being able to pick out that last animation in the city... by the time I notice something like that, it's usually over. As far as Rooibos goes, it's not my cup of tea (as the saying goes) but it's not that bad. If nothing else, it wouldn't hurt to try. It can't be too bad, it has a fairly decent showing here in California... but then again, I'm not sure how it compares to That Tea. Looking forward to your next creative work, but until then, take it easy. It's always good to hear from you.

TheTeaCat

Quote from: M4346 on September 21, 2007, 05:46:19 PM
I can honestly relate to that, all of it.  :) Good luck then my friend, and know you have friends who surround you and are here for you.   :satisfied:
Quote from: EDGE4194 on September 21, 2007, 06:00:56 PM
absolutely!  :)
Quote from: Gaston on September 21, 2007, 06:48:22 PM
We are deffinately here for ya, Derry.   Even if we do drink the "Tea that Shall NOT Be Named" on occasion.    ;)   
My brother-in-law used to say ...   
       "Well it sure as hell beats a sharp stick in the eye."     ()stsfd()
I don't know what that had to do with your funky mood but I bet it made ya smile.    ;D
---Gaston

Thank you all for your support- thats to everyone  :D :D
What would I do without my "Devoted" friends?  :D :D

Ok an updated region shot for you all so you can see whats happened so far  ;)

Time for a cuppa (English Breakfast Tea tis time - nice and strong for the morning  ()stsfd() )
Laters

TTC

M4346

:thumbsup:

That looks great!  &apls Beautiful region and everything blends and fits in so well! And, with that having been said, it is South African Tea Time here ;D

Or at least my family and I have always had it at 11:00.  :D

Mmmmm... what shall I have this morning?  $%Grinno$% I think I shall be settling for a cuppa of strong Ceylon Tea.  :P

Enjoy yours, your day and good luck with all your endeavours!  :satisfied:
New Horizons Productions

Gaston

Quote from: M4346 on September 22, 2007, 02:13:44 AM
:thumbsup:

That looks great!  &apls Beautiful region and everything blends and fits in so well! And, with that having been said, it is South African Tea Time here ;D

Or at least my family and I have always had it at 11:00.  :D

Mmmmm... what shall I have this morning?  $%Grinno$% I think I shall be settling for a cuppa of strong Ceylon Tea.  :P

Enjoy yours, your day and good luck with all your endeavours!  :satisfied:
Quote from: TheTeaCat on September 22, 2007, 02:09:29 AM
Thank you all for your support- thats to everyone  :D :D
What would I do without my "Devoted" friends?  :D :D

Time for a cuppa (English Breakfast Tea tis time - nice and strong for the morning  ()stsfd() )
Laters

TTC

Okay Guys,
    Now I am gonna have to go back down stairs and make a cuppa tea.    Ya'll made it sound soooooooo good this morning.       I think I am gonna side with Derry this morning and go for some E.B.T. as well.     :)

---Gaston
白龍

Madeira aka Constantina

do you think Sims in cities throw tantrums every time bad things happen to them?

sebes

Derry - I love that region shot!  The valleys look so peacefull, even from a distance, in the region view.

Being here for you - despite my "tea-taste-disorder" - as it's always pleasant here at TeaTime ! (and you serve the best coffees too you know  :thumbsup: )
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Very nice looking small animation there, also a great region overview!

Schulmanator

Cool security cam pix-- I think I saw it on the 6 PM news!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Ennedi

Great region Derry, I like rivers and islands :thumbsup:
I am curious of these villages at the foot of the hill in the central part :)

Did you ever think it's a good way to know somebody better - looking at his/her region?
Making a region needs a lot of work. Many things simply appear with time, they can't be planned accurately.
It can be said the region is a kind of mandala ;)

Edit: Tea - Yunnan, Ceylon or other strong black one
I often drink Pu-Erh (better metabolism and cleaning kidneys after coffee - last time to much coffee and waaay too much cigarettes  ()flamdev() )
Long time ago - mountain tea (with some spirit) other more refined addons were nice welcomed too ;), but now I learn Tai Chi Chuan and don't need to use alcohol :D; This is also something wchich can help in the case of a deppression, anger etc. In addition it can help if your computer will crash  ;D - but I am very happy I found this site and you all, my friends  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine