• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

Hello Derry, it's a great pleasure to see you again!

I see you employed some modern architects - it's the only right direction at present times :D and your city looks much better!
(But be aware of these postmodernists - they usually want a gigantic amount of money and can make you a very stupid surprise :D)

I like all pictures, where did you get these buildings with streetside restaurants from? these are fantastic!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat

Some very great day and night pictures, TTC! Great work! :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

Evening All

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Replies

Quote from: EDGE4194 on November 03, 2007, 07:13:18 AM
:thumbsup: yeah! fantastic pics. Nice to see you back my friend. My question: what is that lot in pic 8 that looks like some sort of stone ruins? It perfect for something i need.
thank you my friend  :thumbsup:
they are nexis ruins available on the stex linkie

Quote from: Ennedi on November 03, 2007, 08:00:16 AM
Hello Derry, it's a great pleasure to see you again!

I see you employed some modern architects - it's the only right direction at present times :D and your city looks much better!
(But be aware of these postmodernists - they usually want a gigantic amount of money and can make you a very stupid surprise :D)

I like all pictures, where did you get these buildings with streetside restaurants from? these are fantastic!

Adam thank you.
Its good to be back, still not as much free time as I'd like but more than I had so hopefully more progress will be seen sonner rather than later
yes the Citizens demanded and the mayor supplied :D :D. (he did raise taxes by 1% across the board though to finance it)

Which ones exactly? If you mean the one between the streets below the ruins then they are CS$1 lots by our wonderful Goddess and the others are part of the BSC park system

Quote from: patfirefghtr on November 02, 2007, 07:00:03 PM
Just 3 questions for you where did you get that stadium, what looks like a dip in the road to underground parking, and finally where did you find that park that has porkies trees on it....

I answered Pat in private but should share the answers with the rest of you too , its only polite ;D
The stadium is from a Japanese site found (just from trawling through the sites) from the thread here. The Parks are just porkies plaza's and the "dip" is the underground parking by gshmails linkie and 2nd linkie

Quote from: tkirch on November 02, 2007, 07:10:36 PM
&apls &apls &apls I have to applaud you to.  GREAT PICTURES!!!  Especially the night pictures they are Eye-mazing.  They catch your eye and make you say WOW!

Thank you for your lovely comments and for visiting my MD. Hope you'll be back for more :thumbsup:

Quote from: bat on November 03, 2007, 08:25:17 AM
Some very great day and night pictures, TTC! Great work! :thumbsup:

Thank you Bat. As always its great to see the premier poster pop in for a cuppa :thumbsup:
I rather like the new day/night mod as it can produce some spectacular pics ()stsfd()

Now I wonder what I got up my for you?  ::)

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

Derry that is wonderful my friend and thank you again for that wonderful stuff from gshmails.... Oooooooh and here is a cuppa just for you my friend, you deserve this alot........

OK so i couldnt resist, they are cute and they are in a tea cup  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Nice little transition you've worked up there. In regard to the previos post, might I say well done. Particularly referencing the street at the top of the 4th pic, I really like the way you've managed to maintain the slopes. In the 6th pic, what are those small little houses just left of the little park? Lastly (and I think one of the pics that really shows off the night mod) your last pic is quite spectacular. I think those buildings were the ones Ennedi might have been referring to, but if not I'll ask: where did you get those? They almost remind me of porkissimo's work in a way. Great to see what you've been working on. Hope things are well for you.

TheTeaCat

Quote from: threestooges on November 03, 2007, 03:19:53 PM
Nice little transition you've worked up there. In regard to the previos post, might I say well done. Particularly referencing the street at the top of the 4th pic, I really like the way you've managed to maintain the slopes. In the 6th pic, what are those small little houses just left of the little park? Lastly (and I think one of the pics that really shows off the night mod) your last pic is quite spectacular. I think those buildings were the ones Ennedi might have been referring to, but if not I'll ask: where did you get those? They almost remind me of porkissimo's work in a way. Great to see what you've been working on. Hope things are well for you.

Those houses you are asking about are by CP- early 19th Century ones linkie. R$1 and made historical as soon as could before they upgraded :D

And the other buildings are hotels from simgoober i believe - I'll check and edit post with linkie ;)

Things are improving in RL which is always good,      ahh is that the kettle boiling I hear? yep fancy a brew?

TTc

Edit: The hotel is the St Ritz Born78 BSC by vlakhaas linkie and the corner building by swi2i and building on the right is Pizza world by simgoober :D
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

Ennedi

Derry, I asked about buildings on the last picture - these three w2w and the fourth one on the right side. All of them have umbrellas on the sidewalk, so I said "with streetside restaurants". I am collecting such stuff for my next cities ;D
New Horizons Productions
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

TheTeaCat

Quote from: Ennedi on November 03, 2007, 07:13:44 PM
Derry, I asked about buildings on the last picture - these three w2w and the fourth one on the right side. All of them have umbrellas on the sidewalk, so I said "with streetside restaurants". I am collecting such stuff for my next cities ;D

Adam

The hotel is the St Ritz Born78 BSC by vlakhaas linkie and the corner building by swi2i and building on the right is Pizza world by simgoober :D

Cant find other links at the mo ::)

regards

bat

A wonderful little animation there! Good work! :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

Great time lapse photography!

The charming pic is worth a pot of tea... my treat!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

EDGE4194

Ennedi- the link you wanted is for SimGoobers California Pizza Kitchen.
You can find it here (in a mega pack):sc4d
or here: stex

Strechnitz

welcome back my friend. ;D It is good to see that you have a little more time on your hand.
I always seem to be running a few days behind the news around here. I'm sorry &mmm
I like the new little video you've made.

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

paroch

Hi Tea Cat,

I've tried on many occasions to view your MD in one sitting.  I never managed to do it in one go, and never seemed to get to a point where I could make a comment that was up to date!!!!

So, having seen most of it now, I have really enjoyed seeing what you've done here.  The last region view is fabulous.  We had a family holiday in county Wexford a few years back and were just across the water from Waterford (used the ferry a few times).  Great city, so it's interesting to see your take on it all.

I'll do my best to keep up from now on!

TheTeaCat

Evening All

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin this update.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replies to those I missed and new

Quote from: patfirefghtr on November 03, 2007, 11:14:02 AM
Derry that is wonderful my friend and thank you again for that wonderful stuff from gshmails.... Oooooooh and here is a cuppa just for you my friend, you deserve this alot........

Pat, My pleasure  ;) I'm happy to have been able to get you the links. thank you for the tea :thumbsup: But those darn bunnies thought they could stop me from drinking my Tea  $%Grinno$% ( went well with the stew  :D )

Got 6 of these good luck charms left to give away :D :D :D

Stay tuned update on the way. Hint at the end

Quote from: bat on November 04, 2007, 04:10:59 AM
A wonderful little animation there! Good work! :thumbsup:

Thank you Bat. your comments are always appreciated

Quote from: Schulmanator on November 04, 2007, 04:13:39 AM
Great time lapse photography!

The charming pic is worth a pot of tea... my treat!  :satisfied:

Oh thank you very much and just at the right time too ;). The effect works well I agree!

Quote from: EDGE4194 on November 04, 2007, 08:18:12 AM
Ennedi- the link you wanted is for SimGoobers California Pizza Kitchen.
You can find it here (in a mega pack):sc4d
or here: stex

Edge thanks for adding the link. You had posted it about an hour before I found it so thanks for that. A nice cuppa is winging its way to you ;)

Quote from: Strechnitz on November 06, 2007, 03:36:32 AM
welcome back my friend. ;D It is good to see that you have a little more time on your hand.
I always seem to be running a few days behind the news around here. I'm sorry &mmm
I like the new little video you've made.

Strech.

Hubert - great to see you back my friend! Not to worry my updates are so slow at the mo you 'll soon be up to date. So don't rush to much, slow down and have a nice relaxing cuppa:)

Quote from: paroch on November 08, 2007, 02:00:59 PM
Hi Tea Cat,

I've tried on many occasions to view your MD in one sitting.  I never managed to do it in one go, and never seemed to get to a point where I could make a comment that was up to date!!!!

So, having seen most of it now, I have really enjoyed seeing what you've done here.  The last region view is fabulous.  We had a family holiday in county Wexford a few years back and were just across the water from Waterford (used the ferry a few times).  Great city, so it's interesting to see your take on it all.

I'll do my best to keep up from now on!

Paroch, thank you for stopping by and taking the time to peruse my MD. Hope you had a few cuppas too whilst reading :)

All the town names are Irish "tu be shure tu be shure" but the towns have no actual resemblance to any names used.
Port Lairge is so named coz Diggis said he was going to get his lawyers on to me (joking) and even though the town could have fought the lawsuit they decided it was cheaper to change the name.

You'll always be welcome in The Teacats Cafe for a Tale at TeaTime

Sorry no pics today

Anybody still want one of these?

Don't worry folks No bunnies were hurt in the making of my Tea or Stew  $%Grinno$% Really $%Grinno$%

Now what is the significance of this of this number and how does it relate to the next update?

TTC

oldrogue

Hey there TC,
Finally getting around to the MD's here in SC4D and found your wonderfull story first off...have just read the first page, and wanted to let you know I love the start, now will get back to reading and catching up with the rest of you....
Duane
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

TheTeaCat

Evening All

Got your cuppa? Sitting comfortably? Then we'll begin this update.

A quick teaser for you all. Full update very soon as it being prepared at the mo but thought you'd like this in the meantime :D :D

TTC

Pat

Derry that is a wonderful teaser and i cant wait to see the further update - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ennedi

Very promising! ;)

I like this large pasture, and the basket house  :D and the pond below it look fantastic!  :thumbsup:
It's great you found some time for playing :)
New Horizons Productions

threestooges

Well now that is a very nice mosaic... when you show a teaser pic, you certainly do it well. I really like the pond. Very natural. I'm curoius to know what the farm fields that are immediately below the open field are. They look like grape vines, but I haven't seen them before. I'll be back for the rest of the update, but until then take it easy (and take it twice).

Schulmanator

Delightful!

And, are those bananas I spy? Monkey Island's trade association will be calling upon you!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0