• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version 31 Release Date Announcement

Started by Tarkus, January 20, 2013, 04:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Also, another piece of pertinent information--installation processes have been simplified.

Starting with this new version of the NAM (NAM 31), the long term policy of recommending uninstallation of your previous NAM before installing a new one is being completely reversed.  Due to major changes in the NAM installer, from now on, whenever you install or reinstall NAM 31 or later, you should NOT uninstall your old NAM.  This will allow the installer to detect what options you have selected from previous installations, and make sure that they're selected by default if you use the Custom installation type.  Even if you think your old version of the NAM may have become corrupted, the new installer will fix everything.  The only time you should uninstall your version of the NAM is if you don't want it on your system anymore.  If that is the case, please use the uninstaller program in the main NAM folder, as the NAM contains registry entries as well as files that need to be deleted.

Additionally, we are no longer offering separate Mac versions.  You can extract the NAM installer executable like a .zip on a Mac using Keka, and opening the executable with that to do a manual install as before.  You'll want to rename the "$[65]" folder to "z___NAM" upon extraction.

-Alex

Dino007

TIGR

westamastaflash

NAM Team,

Thanks for all your hard work on this! Playing around with it now and loving the multi-level RHW!

JoeST

Fantastic news, congratulations on your release :D I'll have to some how get set up to play again XD
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: Tarkus on March 02, 2013, 04:55:24 AM
Starting with this new version of the NAM (NAM 31), the long term policy of recommending uninstallation of your previous NAM before installing a new one is being completely reversed.  Due to major changes in the NAM installer, from now on, whenever you install or reinstall NAM 31 or later, you should NOT uninstall your old NAM.  This will allow the installer to detect what options you have selected from previous installations, and make sure that they're selected by default if you use the Custom installation type.

But only if you use the plugin folder in "My Documents" and not the one in SC4's root?! (That is my case cause on C: I only got 4GB free without my SC4 plugins! I had to move them.)

Would be great if the cleanitol scans the choosen path when you customize the installation :thumbsup: (maybe for some later release)

art128

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on March 02, 2013, 05:28:43 AM
Starting with this new version of the NAM (NAM 31), the long term policy of recommending uninstallation of your previous NAM before installing a new one is being completely reversed.  Due to major changes in the NAM installer, from now on, whenever you install or reinstall NAM 31 or later, you should NOT uninstall your old NAM.  This will allow the installer to detect what options you have selected from previous installations, and make sure that they're selected by default if you use the Custom installation type.

But only if you use the plugin folder in "My Documents" and not the one in SC4's root?! (That is my case cause on C: I only got 4GB free without my SC4 plugins! I had to move them.)

Would be great if the cleanitol scans the choosen path when you customize the installation :thumbsup: (maybe for some later release)

Ditto this, cleantol was searching for my plugins in mydoc instead of Steamapps....

Also Got an issue, well more of a something-I-have-no-idea-how-to-resolve... SAM 6 new texture and Moonlinght textures are missing. For SAM 6 it says "not installed" while for ML it says " ##Intersection Placement String Missing ## "

If anyone knows, that would be great as I heavily use ML's mod. (and note that I have moved out his mod before testing... Even when it is here ( SAM9 override)  the issue persists.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

Also, another piece of pertinent information--installation processes have been simplified.

Starting with this new version of the NAM (NAM 31), the long term policy of recommending uninstallation of your previous NAM before installing a new one is being completely reversed.  Due to major changes in the NAM installer, from now on, whenever you install or reinstall NAM 31 or later, you should NOT uninstall your old NAM.  This will allow the installer to detect what options you have selected from previous installations, and make sure that they're selected by default if you use the Custom installation type.  Even if you think your old version of the NAM may have become corrupted, the new installer will fix everything.  The only time you should uninstall your version of the NAM is if you don't want it on your system anymore.  If that is the case, please use the uninstaller program in the main NAM folder, as the NAM contains registry entries as well as files that need to be deleted.

Additionally, we are no longer offering separate Mac versions.  You can extract the NAM installer executable like a .zip on a Mac using Keka, and opening the executable with that to do a manual install as before.  You'll want to rename the "$[65]" folder to "z___NAM" upon extraction.

-Alex

this applies to NAM 30? I mean, we had NAM 30, should we uninstall it first and install NAM 31 or we can install NAM 31 over NAM 30 with no worries?

thank you this gift by the way :)

0wn3d

Anyone have any luck with the flexible height transitions? I'm getting this:

any time I try to make one.  Am I doing something wrong?

memo

Quote from: art128 on March 02, 2013, 05:38:29 AM
Also Got an issue, well more of a something-I-have-no-idea-how-to-resolve... SAM 6 new texture and Moonlinght textures are missing. For SAM 6 it says "not installed" while for ML it says " ##Intersection Placement String Missing ## "

If anyone knows, that would be great as I heavily use ML's mod. (and note that I have moved out his mod before testing... Even when it is here ( SAM9 override)  the issue persists.

Are you sure did select those texture variations in the installer? They should be selected by default, but perhaps they are unchecked because you did not have those styles in your previous installation (obviously). You can make sure by running the installer again and choosing the custom installation type.

Quote from: gn_leugim on March 02, 2013, 05:41:13 AM
this applies to NAM 30? I mean, we had NAM 30, should we uninstall it first and install NAM 31 or we can install NAM 31 over NAM 30 with no worries?

Yes, it is recommended to install NAM 31 over any NAM installation. You can safely install over NAM 30, as well as over NAM 31 even, so as to customize your installation.

Quote from: 0wn3d on March 02, 2013, 05:44:08 AM

Unfortunately, there may still be some bugs with Flex-Height-Transitions.

gn_leugim

art128

Quote from: memo on March 02, 2013, 05:47:51 AM
Quote from: art128 on March 02, 2013, 05:38:29 AM

Are you sure did select those texture variations in the installer? They should be selected by default, but perhaps they are unchecked because you did not have those styles in your previous installation (obviously). You can make sure by running the installer again and choosing the custom installation type.

I did choose custom installation at the first run ( to make sure all i wanted was checked)

I'll run it again to make really sure.

Props & Texture Catalog

0wn3d

Quote from: memo on March 02, 2013, 05:47:51 AM
Unfortunately, there may still be some bugs with Flex-Height-Transitions.

Is there any way to transition from L1 to L0 without the flex transitions?

memo

Quote from: 0wn3d on March 02, 2013, 05:51:18 AM
Is there any way to transition from L1 to L0 without the flex transitions?

Try the Flex OnSlope transition. I can tell from your picture that this one works as expected.

Kitsune

I just gotta say a big THANK YOU for having that uber stable server to download from.  &hlp

~ NAM Team Member

RickD

Downloading right now.  It was a long wait but I am sure it was worth every second. A huge thank you to the whole NAM team. You guys rock!  &apls  &apls  &apls
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: 0wn3d on March 02, 2013, 05:44:08 AM

No. It's like the FLEXFly piece. You should use the RHW tool and click on the transition and a few tiles beyond. That resolved the bugs for me.

art128

@memo

It's working now. Seems like I did overpass the SAM line in the installation. Thanks. :)

BUT, one very negative point. As the previous mod was a SAM9 override, I'll have to DESTROY and REBUILD ALL the street I had lay down in my region because they're now back on the ugly red brick street....

And here comes the second one. It puts Simfox's chestnuts on the side of the streets. I don't want them I want CP's cherrys. I Don't have any chestnuts mod installed.

Props & Texture Catalog

mave94

Thank you NAM Team for this amazing download! It will definitely be worth the wait. :thumbsup:

Before I install the NAM, I've got a few questions. Is it possible to view the ReadMe before installing? I'd like to see what I will install, especially concerning the road textures. Is it also possible to change the textures from time to time? Do I need to run the installer again then?

jcluvzgamez

My RTL Plugin is broken, so all I have are the basic Maxis intersections.
I will take a burger and NAM. Yes I would like RHW with that. Oh and NWM with SAM topping for dessert.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jcluvzgamez on March 02, 2013, 07:09:47 AM
My RTL Plugin is broken, so all I have are the basic Maxis intersections.

Click in the middle of the crossing using the Rail tool. (Yeah, due to interference with Draggable FAR, we made the RTL "selectively activatable".)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums