• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Version 31 Release Date Announcement

Started by Tarkus, January 20, 2013, 04:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

I get an Intersection placement string missing with the cosmetic ramp overplop pieces.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

GDO29Anagram

<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Kitsune

I noticed the nam cleanitol removed my hole diggers / raiser lots, is this because there is a new one burried somewhere in my menus?
~ NAM Team Member

samerton

Quote from: Kitsune on March 02, 2013, 10:39:25 AM
I noticed the nam cleanitol removed my hole diggers / raiser lots, is this because there is a new one burried somewhere in my menus?

Yup, there should be in the Misc Transit menu.

Swordmaster

With a standard installation, the hole diggers are in the Misc. Transit menu beneath the stations. There's also a self-destructing hole digger/raiser piece in the road menu if you select it in the custom installation.

EDIT: This samerton guy is wicked fast  $%Grinno$%

Cheers
Willy

Kuewr665

It looks like the Avenue 90 degree curve was fixed so it's more symmetrical. The previous one was awkwardly wide on one end of the curve.

memo

Quote from: Kuewr665 on March 02, 2013, 02:50:56 PM
It looks like the Avenue 90 degree curve was fixed so it's more symmetrical. The previous one was awkwardly wide on one end of the curve.

Yeah, that's been done by me when I had figured out how to create smooth curve textures. I am delighted that you noticed.

Also, there is another goody related to avenue curves.

Kitsune

Quote from: Swordmaster on March 02, 2013, 10:42:07 AM
With a standard installation, the hole diggers are in the Misc. Transit menu beneath the stations. There's also a self-destructing hole digger/raiser piece in the road menu if you select it in the custom installation.

EDIT: This samerton guy is wicked fast  $%Grinno$%

Cheers
Willy

I actually had to do a custom install to get the hole diggers - both of them.
~ NAM Team Member

Jack_wilds

%BUd%

Happy Nam-Day everyone!  &bis&

&dance &dance &dance

Well Done Nam Team  &apls &apls &apls

:satisfied:

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: memo on March 02, 2013, 02:56:40 PM
Quote from: Kuewr665 on March 02, 2013, 02:50:56 PM

Yeah, that's been done by me when I had figured out how to create smooth curve textures. I am delighted that you noticed.

I've noticed that the geometry on pretty much every smooth curve piece has been improved and it looks very good.

Wiimeiser

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on March 02, 2013, 07:18:25 AM
Click in the middle of the crossing using the Rail tool. (Yeah, due to interference with Draggable FAR, we made the RTL "selectively activatable".)

Which I like, as it conflicts with the NWM as well.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

elhefebonito

This is splendid.  Well done, team!

**Favorite new feature**  The included .pdf manuals -- honest to Kibo. I <3 these very much.

Am really enjoying the new menu layout -- the biggest obstacle to competence with these powerful mods was the sheer volume of icons, I really appreciate the clearer icons in the Highway section, and the included underpasses are gorgeous.

I'm so glad my favorite games have such wonderful communities supporting them.

hefe

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: elhefebonito on March 02, 2013, 10:05:45 PM
The included .pdf manuals

You mean the manuals that weren't supposed to be included because they weren't done yet?
<INACTIVE>
-----

elhefebonito

Still a great idea, and one that's making my transition easier  :satisfied:

MandelSoft

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on March 02, 2013, 10:21:12 PM
Quote from: elhefebonito on March 02, 2013, 10:05:45 PM
The included .pdf manuals

You mean the manuals that weren't supposed to be included because they weren't done yet?
Let's just say it's an undocumented feature :P
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: elhefebonito on March 03, 2013, 12:45:29 AM
Still a great idea, and one that's making my transition easier

Except when it contains information that not only is supposed to be kept from the public, but if exposed to the public, will lead to misinformation.
<INACTIVE>
-----

kassarc16

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on March 03, 2013, 02:01:10 AM
Except when it contains information that not only is supposed to be kept from the public, but if exposed to the public, will lead to misinformation.

Yeah, noticed a few oddities when reading through.

Wiimeiser

One thing is that the Symphony ramps have starter overrides whereas I just get RHW-2...
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

z

Quote from: art128 on March 02, 2013, 05:38:29 AM
Ditto this, cleantol was searching for my plugins in mydoc instead of Steamapps....

By default, Cleanitol searches both Plugins folders in the disc version of the game.  I keep my plugins in the Program Files version of that folder, so I know it works there.

However, Cleanitol does not know about Steam, and it should.  I will talk to its developer about this.  In the mean time, could you (or anyone) please let me know what folder structure Steam uses for SC4?

Quote from: mave94 on March 02, 2013, 06:24:12 AM
Is it also possible to change the textures from time to time?

Yes, whenever you want.  If you have installed textures separately from the NAM, you should uninstall those, though, and use the NAM version.  (This will be automated soon.)

QuoteDo I need to run the installer again then?

Yes, but it's a simple process.  Just choose the "Custom" installation, and the installer will start out with all your current options checked, and nothing more.  So the only changes made to your installation will be ones that you make yourself on the Components page.

MandelSoft

Quote from: Wiimeiser on March 03, 2013, 02:33:46 AM
One thing is that the Symphony ramps have starter overrides whereas I just get RHW-2...
Design choice. The ramps for Symphony don't have starters to allow tight interchange construction.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE