• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

awesome stuff shame, palaentology was considered cool by so few people before a certain movie came out...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

Again thanks for the comments.
turtle, of course I enjoy playing this MD ;) and like mike3775 says, it is much more pleasant to build a city slowly and remembering everything that you did while it grows.
mightygoose, you' re talking about Jurassic?

Quote from: danielcote on April 27, 2009, 03:34:52 PM
Wow awsome dinosaur! Is that place going to turn into a town?
...........what do You think? I guess it might have an influence on something for sure.

I am still new on SC4D and haven't open a BAT-thread yet, but I make BATs everyday now. Anyways, I started on that sawmill that the Slye fellow and Gabber are building at the moment in the story. Not much done yet, but the basics start to make it look like something. I might as well show the advancement here for the moment.
Of course details like junkroof, sawdust mound, rails to bring in the logs, rails to take out the planks/boards, fans, logs and woodpiles, chips etc etc are still to be done. I'll keep you informed. It is based on the sawmill that we have in this area, quite a big one too.

Fred

Just the basic bldg...................

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

OMG Fred amazing stuff here wow!!! I missed a few and I am sorry about that!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RustyXL

The sawmill looks pretty good so far. I like that old trolley that was turned into a diner on the last page. Do you have a version of it with the trucks, pantographs, etc. still installed?

mrbisonm

Quote from: RustyXL on April 27, 2009, 09:37:59 PM
The sawmill looks pretty good so far. I like that old trolley that was turned into a diner on the last page. Do you have a version of it with the trucks, pantographs, etc. still installed?

You mean a trolley resto like on the one on the last page with pantographs on top and some trucks in front, as a truckstop? I could modify this one a little. It has a pantograph type on top, but we can hardly see it, maybe I made it too small.

Pat, you should come more often not to miss anything, besides this CJ/MD won't go anywhere else..... ;)

BarbyW

As always this has a great stry line and I can see it being as extensive as GoN one day. Your attention to detail never fails to amaze me. Anxiously awaiting your props now ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

threestooges

The sawmill is shaping up nicely, both the lot and the building. They're sure taking their time with it though (although I'm glad they waited to pour the foundations after the thaw). The building looks great and I've always been a fan of your creations. I have a few Nexis products that go way back. I also love the streetcar diner. I know there have been a few attempts made at those in places with varying degrees of success. I wish that one luck.
-Matt

RustyXL

Quote from: mrbisonm on April 27, 2009, 10:07:38 PM
You mean a trolley resto like on the one on the last page with pantographs on top and some trucks in front, as a truckstop? I could modify this one a little. It has a pantograph type on top, but we can hardly see it, maybe I made it too small.

Sorry I should have been more clear, I meant a version of it as an operating trolley instead of one taken apart and turned into a restaurant.

danielcote

Nice render on the saw mill cant wait until its put on a lot.

mrbisonm

Just to let you all know that I am still alive, but I am very busy in RL and also with the GRV II Challenge that is going at its max roght now. I haven't had much time for this CJ, but don't worry, I will be back soon. Just give me a week or two and we'll be back into the story.

I havebeen doing some BATting though, 15 minutes every night before going to bed, and this is what I cam up with sofar. This is a pre-render of the sawmill that will be in Access Junction.

See you soon

Fred

kwakelaar

A nice story line, and the images of the constructions sites and the growing town are very good.

mrbisonm

Here's a little teaser.........so you won't get bored while waiting.

Fred

threestooges

I like it! There's no rush on things Fred. Good things are worth the wait, and GRV has a deadline, whereas this can move at your leisure. We'll be here when you have the time.
-Matt

BarbarossaS

Looking good Fred, can't wait to see it in a full update!  :thumbsup:

-Stijn-

Sciurus

This warehouse is very good BATted &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

danielcote

lookin good is that place going to turn into a town?

FrankU

This is a nice looking warehouse.
Some comment: I think the roof is a bit too white, or maybe it is a bit too new? Some corrugation, dirt or greyishness would be realistic. Also the piles of sawdust look a bit too smooth, although in real life this kind of pile would look smooth too, if photographed from this distance, I guess.

mightygoose

that logging party is brilliant... i can almost hear the chainsaws.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

Quote from: danielcote on May 07, 2009, 02:53:05 PM
lookin good is that place going to turn into a town?

.........maybe even into a small city....

FrankU , if you follow my story you'll see that the logging shed is being build with NEW materials of course and that 's why the roof looks so new. I have tried it with more *used* textures, but it simply wouldn't fit into my story with a slightly rusty or spotted roof, and since it is not being uploaded publically in this state I thought it would be just perfect for my MD/CJ.
For the sawdust pile, yes it could have had a slightly more textured color but like for the roof, it will look also newly sawed dust. The first sawdust ever in this area.

I am working on a complete logging pack to be uploaded one day after it has been revised,retextured, tested and tweaked by BarbyW, it will be quite big and you will find almost everything you see in this MD/CJ, but with different and hopefully much better looking *used* textures. Oh....it will be some kind of a modular set, instead of one big lot that always looks the same everytime you'll plopp it. Soon you can have two sawmills in one city that will look different.

That was some party if I may say, Goose....lol

There will be a short update this coming weekend. See ya then,

Fred

FrankU

Thanks Fred,
Of course I was thinking about using it myself..... Sorry for being selfish.
In your MD it should be new indeed, so it's good.