• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 13!

That building is great! And nice teaser! Looking forward to more... ;) :)

mrbisonm

Quote from: FrankU on May 13, 2009, 01:03:19 AM
Thanks Fred,
Of course I was thinking about using it myself..... Sorry for being selfish.
In your MD it should be new indeed, so it's good.

Using it for yourself? No problem, I will make a more "used look" one to upload. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Livin in Sim

Fred, I can tell that you're a guy that as he goes about his day looks at a particular, visually interesting feature of the surroundings and says to himself, "Now, how can I work that into the game?  How can I BAT it, lot it, or use what's already there to depict it, and then share it with others?"  It's often something that I've wished was in the game myself.  Another reason I find your MD so engrossing is how you show the construction of the road and other details that stretch the SC4 boundaries.  BAT notwithstanding, I've messed around with the LE enough to know how much work that actually is, as most of us do.  As far as a hobby goes, we've all gotten our money's worth out of this game.  Thanks to you and the other talented folks in the community, it's the gift that just keeps on giving.  I love a good story, and I love SC4, long may they be together, in works like this and Bordertown. 

Please greet Lynn for me, and bye for now.
--Liv

Swesim

It is always fun to read storybased MDs as long as they make decent progress which I certainly feel that You are doing here.
You´ll have to make build some sort of tourist trap based on that skeleton, that way John and Mike can add some simoleons for use in their construction projects in the area...
I am very curious to see what will turn up in the future in this region, the region is rather big as they said.
It draws my mind towards the TV-series "Lost"...

Battlecat

I've missed so much during this busy month!  Amazing work as always.  That new sawmill looks great, just like many of your other creations.  You really do have some talent with the bat tool! 

I'd love to get my hands on a vast number of the custom products you've made for your lumber industry in the diary!  Can't blame you for wanting to keep them to yourself for a while though, they really fit your project beautifully here!  Keep it up! 

mrbisonm

Quote from: Livin in Sim on May 21, 2009, 06:44:28 AM
Fred, I can tell that you're a guy that as he goes about his day looks at a particular, visually interesting feature of the surroundings and says to himself, "Now, how can I work that into the game?  How can I BAT it, lot it, or use what's already there to depict it, and then share it with others?"  It's often something that I've wished was in the game myself.  Another reason I find your MD so engrossing is how you show the construction of the road and other details that stretch the SC4 boundaries.  BAT notwithstanding, I've messed around with the LE enough to know how much work that actually is, as most of us do.  As far as a hobby goes, we've all gotten our money's worth out of this game.  Thanks to you and the other talented folks in the community, it's the gift that just keeps on giving.  I love a good story, and I love SC4, long may they be together, in works like this and Bordertown. 

Please greet Lynn for me, and bye for now.
--Liv

Thanks Livin in Sim for those wondeful words, you understood well the game and me.... ;) I am glad you enjoyed my MD sofar, and I can't wait to continue it as soon as possible. Your greetings to Lynn are returned.

Swesim, glad to have you here and I am also glad that you like the story , there's much to much, so much that there is not enought time to tell all.

Battlecat, hope you got time now to catch up with us, while I am taking a little break with this MD. Most of the bATs you've seen will be for upload one day, just mention the ones you want and I will tell you if they will or will not be uploaded. If not, I can always send you these to you or anyone elase, just say so.

This MD/CJ should be back in action by the end of next week, beginning of june. Sorry for being late, but real life and the "Bordertown Competition" have kept me and my wife Lynn quite busy. It should all be back to normal in the next couple of days and I will open my game again to play, create and tell the story of the Winding River Project. Maybe a little teaser later tonight.???

Did John  Gabber really sold his newly build weekend cottage on the lake to Mike Allheimer? Where exactly is the new land that he purchased, is it as beautiful as the first?. Will Little Billy like the new settings of the cottage? How about the Racsan's, where does that mysterious gated private road of theirs lead? How about the Slye kid, did he finally get his sawmill going?  Some of these will come in the next update and some maybe later tonight.
Oh, btw, I cannot confirm it, but I heard that a new kid in town has arrived in Access Junction and building something that everyone is asking questions about.......

;)

Fred

Still looking for some folks that want to have their own character in my story, I have room for a dozen or so. Now is the time to apply.

mrbisonm

I just wanted to give you a small update so you don't think that I have forgotten this MD/CJ.

Everything is going normal in the Winding River region, now that spring just started and everyone is back on their job, building the Highway 15 of course. John Gabber finally got his weekend home plan from the young Michael Arven and has someone from Bluebay building his new Weekend house. This time it will be a loghome, one of those that everyone would like to own for their personal retreat.
John has trusted his new sawmill partner Young Slye with the job to find the best of the best logs throughout the thousands that one can find just laying around piled along the access road, as we have seen in earlier pictures. The choice should soon be done and then they will be shipped to the new sawmill in Access Junction and prepared for the construction site on the Grasslake's peninsula.

The foundations are already done and preparing of the surroundings is underway. The new location of the Gabber's retreat is north of the old one that John Gabber supposingly sold to Mike Allheimer, his Project Manager of the Highway 15 Project through the valley. It is built on a more beautiful spot with a much better view of the whole lake and while having closer access to deeper waters, it will be easier for a hydroplane to land without worrying to hit a treestump or a rock hidden just beneath the shallow waters of the southern bay of the lake.

A closer picture reveils already the dimensions and the shape of their new weekend home. This time the loghome will be finished before fall arrives, they say, while there are more than just one worker on the job. Maybe it will be done before the first house.

The bulldozer came in yesterday and it is his job now to create a beautiful beach reaching into these crystal clear waters of the Grasslake.

Click the link below to see a full view of the region at this date (spring of 1960), it is a big picture. Indications on it will explain all the advancements of this MD/CJ.

http://img34.imageshack.us/my.php?image=3windingriverproject2.jpg

I will surely be back with a real update before or during the next weekend. Thanks for the patience.  ;)

Fred

Nexis4Jersey

Wow i love that regional view , are you going to build a lumber yard along the riverbanks or lumber port for lumber to shipped down the river to other communities?

threestooges

Only the best wood of course, but when it's stacked to thick and the woods around are so dense and old, it's hard not to grab the good stuff just grabbing blind (though I'm sure his eyes were open when he made his selections of course). Nice foundations for the house, and a nice progression to the story.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Quote from: Nexis4Jersey on May 25, 2009, 02:59:04 AM
Wow i love that regional view , are you going to build a lumber yard along the riverbanks or lumber port for lumber to shipped down the river to other communities?

Well, I can't really answer that, because it would give away some of the story, maybe a nice surprise with new BATs, or maybe something else, who knows, someone just might build some rails through the region, then on the other hand..... maybe not.

Thanks Threestooges,  the choice of lumber for the loghome is so great, they don't even have to dig up out of a pile any of them. There are miles and miles of stagged logs along the access road, just waiting to be picked up and trnasferred to the new sawmill. Besides, logs that have been stored for a longer period under other logs are not the best of the best because internal heat has already have them started to rot.

Fred

Edit: Could anyone please explain how to attach files to this post. Thanks.

TheTeaCat

Quote from: mrbisonm on May 25, 2009, 08:21:17 AM
Edit: Could anyone please explain how to attach files to this post. Thanks.

All you have to do is click on the additional options below the box where you make you post :D
there you have the option to attach files.

hope that helps Mr B.

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

KoV Liberty

You said something about being in your CJ. So my name is Alex Puto and uh... I guess I apply.

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

mrbisonm

Quote from: TheTeaCat on May 25, 2009, 10:24:52 AM
All you have to do is click on the additional options below the box where you make you post :D
there you have the option to attach files.

hope that helps Mr B.

:satisfied:
TTC

Hm.........I don't think we have the same "Additional Options".....................

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on May 25, 2009, 12:05:12 PM
You said something about being in your CJ. So my name is Alex Puto and uh... I guess I apply.

Alex

Ok, send me a PM with full name of your character, in which town, village or city he was born and lives now and wants to live later, his age when entering the story (5 to 65), a little of his background (studies, family etc) and what he wants to do in his simlife (job, marriagem, kids etc) in the Winding River Story. Maybe some more details like futur happenings, chances or miseries. The rest I will take off.

Fred

TheTeaCat

Yes it does seem to differ.

&idea It could be one of the extra features for being a subscriber (it's really cheap to become one :thumbsup:)
The save as draft is a really handy feature - worth subscribing for alone  :thumbsup:

Still got space for a character?
I'll try to get some background worked out for you :D

regards
Derry

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

RippleJet

Quote from: TheTeaCat on May 25, 2009, 02:27:03 PM
&idea It could be one of the extra features for being a subscriber (it's really cheap to become one :thumbsup:)

Quite correct, Derry! :thumbsup:

danielcote

I can't wait until that arias fully developed! Its Grrrrreat

Orange_o_

It is certainly one of the most interesting project  &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

mrbisonm

TTC, just pm me with all the details asked above. Welcome.
I guess that suscriber means being a donator, right? Well, I think it is time to become one.

Fred

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Battlecat

The region overview looks quite cool.  Very interesting features around the area already!