• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Quote from: TheTeaCat on June 27, 2009, 03:22:28 AM
Fred no one is too young for Tea :D :D

Derry

Ok, got that! ;)

iamgoingtoeatyou , hope you'll come again.
Swesim , somewhat similar I guess, but not quite the same.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

*sneeks in* oooh hey there Fred been a wee while since I stopped in here wow a lot has happend and looking very great here in Winding River!!!!  Don't worry I'll try and stop back in now that it seems everything is now calm for me... I hope lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

danielcote

Great news we got a new town hall! Will you be talking about my character soon.

mrbisonm

Quote from: danielcote on June 28, 2009, 08:03:01 AM
Great news we got a new town hall! Will you be talking about my character soon.

I have sent a PM to you a while ago asking for some changes in your character's profil like birthdate....(you said 1964 and we are in 1960 at the moment)...and some other info, but you never answered.....waiting.........

;)

Pat, hope you get some free time after all I have heard lately.... ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

This update has to be done in two parts because it is a little too big to upload in one. Part two will be uploaded in a couple of days.

First we will have a look at Access Junction and in the second part we will visit Grasslake and Valmore and see how the highway construction is coming along.

It is late summer again and Charlie finished his summerschool, all proud that he made it through. Father John is proud of Charlie and offers him a weekend of fishing in the North in exchange for his positive efforts in school.
««"Dad," Charlie asked father John when he offered the fishing weekend, " Can we take along one of my friends? You know, like Diarmuid?"
"Who?" John asked wondering who that might be.
" You know I told you about my new friend Diarmuid MacGermain from summerschool, did you already forget?" Charlie explained.
" nay, of course not, sorry I was thinking about something else. Ask that MacGermain kid to get permission from his parents and we'll pick him up wherever he lives, ok?" John responded. "Where does he live anyways?"
Charlie thought it over a little and then said " I think he lives with his father in Access, I will have to call him though and make sure, right?"»»

So Charlie, his new friend Diarmuid, Grandpa Henry and John took off for the weekend after he got the address of Diarmuid.
Meanwhile in Access Junction a terrible thing happened. On Blairstreet West, a lifeless body was discovered during friday night by an old couple. It was Mrs Lucy, the owner of the Big corner restaurant and the gazstation. She was apparently strangled to death and left behind on the sidewalk beside an abandonned car just behind the Convenience store and in front of the small elementary school which has not yet opened. The federal Police in Bluebay was informed and it took them almost two hours to get to the scene.
  "This is not acceptable" some citizens said, "we should have a Police officer or another law authority in town".While waiting for the Police the body was left in place on the scene and the area was taken care of by the only two firemen Access Junction has at the moment. The owner of the Olsen pub also got implicated in protecting the crimescene.
The Police said that there will be a investigation tommorrow morning and that the area should be protected for the rest of the night. Both firemen volunteered.

On the other side of the highway , the old soccerterrain was totally improved and rebuild with semi-professional quality in mind. The three acre Gabber terrain with the park was donated to the town under the condition that it will always be used as a sporting terrain and never be overbuild by anything else. The towncouncil gave it the name of *Gabber Playgrounds*.

The council and Guy Racsan finally found a suitable terrain for the futur small airport and construction was started , first as a base for the town's supply but also for the Rascan's benefits and accessiblity to the region. Situated just before the hills it is easy accessible from the town by the newly named Racsan street and from the highway 15. It expands for more than 50 acres south of town. The land was donated by Mr Racsan himself who is now retired and the town has the job to clear, level the terrain and prepare the runway with help from his son Guy Racsan. Now all the town has to do is to build the necessary buildings in the next futur.

The town already has built a gaz-turbine producing electricity generator with financial  support from the government and started working on the tower and office building of the airport. Everyone in town is excited. Plans to finish this project were promissed by the construction Company from Bluebay to be before Christmas 1960.

I would like to show you around the residential areas of Access Junction a little bit, taking you from the higher to the lower wealth within the municipality. Below are some houses of higher wealth situated just south of the Gabber playgrounds accessible by the Access Road. Rich forests kept for shade made this area especially desired by many folks.

A little less high wealth are the houses on the Access Road leading out of town to the west. Situated just behind the sawmill and beside the watersource of Access, this is where the land for sale is offered at a ridiculous low price nowadays.

And even further down the same road and also going towards the airport terrain lies the lesser desired quarter of Access. Most of these people don't have a job anymore, and it's not because there aren't any available, but because of choice. Some folks think that this might be a disease to be so lazy, since the population of the welfare people increases with every month. " Keeping the backyard clean and tidy is not a matter of being poor" one man once said, " but more of a willingness to do so".
Last week a new Mayor, and the first for Access Junction , was elected. Mr Paul Hubert, a retired Highway worker who knows his way around the area, wants to *clean-up* this part of town before next spring.

Miller Sargo Textiles, Birger Weldings and Reinhold Ltd now have new neighbors in the industrial area of Access. New Manufacturing Companies have moved to town and creating again several new jobs. All new shops though are of smaller scales.

A good look at the commercial area of town reveils us that the town has grown a lot within one year. Between the highway and the little church used to be several residential houses on both parallel streets, Blair and Access, which seemed to have replaced by stores and other commercial activities. The elementary school was donated by the Minister of Education earlier this summer but will only open in a month when school restarts for the 1960/61 season.
Ts Slye has been creating a lot of rumours lately, having mentioned  that he might leave Access for good. Of course these news are not welcomed to the ears of the workers that only shortly ago moved to the area because of the work the Company offered. Mr Slye however, now the solemn owner of the sawmill, has not confirmed anything yet, but made a remark that nothing much will change in the area and no jobs will be lost no matter what he decides. Slye seems to keep away from public view these days and this worries the population. Is he having financial problems, some think?
John Gabber was approached with the question also, but he simply stated that Mr Slye is on his own now and that he knows what he's doing and that himself he has nothing to do with the sawmill anymore anyways.

Here is a closer picture of what we may call the center of town. It is the crossing of Blair and Access with Church street, two newly installed trafficlight intersections. Here in the church, the population was gathered for a general municipal meeting with the Mayor Paul Hubert and the council. And here is where a young fellow only shortly arrived to Acces from Beecherfalls blamed the town to still be in the dinosaur ages with transportation needs of the poulation. The Mayor, somewhat insulted by the young man's statement, told Mr Tom Kohler of 19 years old that the town is only starting to develop and is less than two years old and maybe if he thinks that he can improve the town's needs , not to hesitate to do so. The next day Kohler went ot the townhall and officially asked for a permit to open a Taxibusiness. The demand was brought to the council and was accepted.

To finish the Part 1 of this update, here is an overlook of the mainarea of the town of Access Junction and its highway which gave it its existance.

I will be back with part 2 within the week. Hope you liked this update, the second part will be more reveiling for some mysteries and also a new area will be visited. Highway 15 encountered its first obstacle, the Chime river.

Thank you for commenting and come again.

Fred

There's always more room for some more characters in my story......don't be shy. We need all kinds of professions, only to mention a few: Doctors, Professors, Lawyers, Biologists, Chemists, Politicians, Farmers, and so on....also people that own trucking Companies, or a foodstore chain, hotels and resorts, mechanics and constructionworkers etc, all you can imagine. Apply here.

TheTeaCat

Fabulous update. Fills in some of the blanks and leaves lots more ::)
Makes me come back for more :thumbsup:
Good to hear that Diarmuid and Charlie are off Fishing for the weekend.
Hope they got plenty of Tea :D Diarmuid's gonna need it ;)

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

threestooges

TS may not be making public statements too often, but then he has a few things in the works. Suffice to say I know Access won't be left in the lurch, and who would want to give up such prime real estate? Surprised to hear about the death. You know, I saw Mrs. Lucy the other day, down along the tracks... sorry to hear she won't be coming back (link).

Nice update. I like the airstrip (something for the Gabber's plane besides the lake now) and the neighborhoods are developing nicely except for those lazy bums who aren't working... I'm sure TS could find some work for them though. I'll be watching for the next part.
-Matt

KoV Liberty

Boy! I missed a lot when I was moving! Good to be back and I can't wait for part two! Also thanks for the house request acception. Also... Will you BAT the entire airport by yourself?

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

RustyXL

Nice update. The taxi service was a good idea for a town of this size. I can't wait to see the highway construction and the completed airport.

danielcote

Great update, I see the downtown CBD is growing and you took my idea of a municipal landing strip!  :thumbsup:

kimcar

Excellent update mate, and i enjoy how real is your work. Very well done. &apls &apls

bat

Yes, a really great update there! Nice work! :thumbsup:

Pat

Quote from: mrbisonm on June 28, 2009, 08:35:58 PM
Pat, hope you get some free time after all I have heard lately.... ;)

Fred

OOoh yea its been a lot lol... It does feel good to breath now and I like the airport construction there and I see you have used the house construction set from umm shoot I cant think of his name now.... I see there is a crime scene wow!!! OK so who was the two firemen that stood guard on that scene?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

beutelschlurf

moin mrbisonm,

what a great update of the Winding River Project, as usally!  :thumbsup:
it feels like living history whilst it is written ...if you know what i mean.
just great!

b_schlurf

NASCAR_Guy

Looks like now that I am running the family business, I'll have to quit getting my degree in Business :P

Also the Racsan Family is gonna build a Market here and near our property.

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=21919
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

mightygoose

great progress it is nice too see some new faces around, see we may have actually found a use for mysim XD
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

nedalezz

I think its safe to say that you are the absolute best at story telling MDs/CJs. Just as entertaining as Nexus, hope this one lasts as long as well!

Earth quake

Good update.
I really like this city.
Excellent work.

Vivien.

mrbisonm

TheTeaCat, they probably brought along enough tea to last them for a few days, although Charlie never had a cup before I think. ;)

threestooges, I am sure that Ts has something up his sleeves also. I bet it will even be very surprizing.

Driftmaster7, no I won't be BATting the whole airport (landingstrip). I wish I could find the time though. Alex Puto is busy now, read below.......

RustyXL, taxi it is for now for Tom Kohler, but he surely thinks ahead of time.

danielcote, well the airport was only partially your idea, someone else had the idea also and both of you made me go for it.

kimcar, thanks, I try my best to be realistic, come again.

Thanks for dropping in, bat.

Hey Pat, the firemen's names are Steve Hueller and Bobby Ward, by any chance do you know them? They're from Bluebay before, but moved here for the job in Access Junction.

b_schlurf, great to see you.

NASCAR_Guy, Guy Racsan will surely be busy with the new responsability now. Sorry about the foodstore idea, that is already taken, but I got something else in mind for the Racsan's......

mightygoose, there will be more on Michael Arven in the next update...

nedalezz, I am thankful that you think that my story is good for MD's/ CJ's and glad you were a Nexis (NoG) fan.

Earth quake, Come again and thanks for dropping in. ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

So let's continue with the story.........
This is part 2 of the previous update. We will clear up some old mysteries in this one. Sorry for being late again....

The region is slowly developing, although there is a lot of wilderness left with a lot of surprizes (I hope).
Archeologists have been searching the dinosaur area very much in the asst weeks and they didn't find anything much of interest yet. A group of young students were hired to seal the area where the T-Rex was found for the moment and create a touristic site for later public exposure.

Mike, John, Andy, Henry, Alex and Bob, a new general forman for the highway project were again meeting at Lucy's place like every friday and which is temporarily taken care of by her employees. Of course the main talks were about that young business woman that got strangled and another woman from Capitol City which is interested in buying the place already.

««" The police in Bluebay was here all day yesterday trying to find some evidences for Lucy's case", Mike told the group while sipping slowly on his cold beer," and they said that the investigation might take quite some time because they haven't found much at the crime scene. "
" I guess they will interogate everyone alive in Access," Grandpa Henry added, " I remember that strange murdercase just before the war started, it was in...."..
"Oh c'mon now Dad"..John interupted,"let's not talk about that old Simmens case again that never got solved. Everyone here knows about it, and we also know that you were the main witness."
Alex Puto, who is now the chief assistent architect for the highway construction in Valmore asked about that case that he himself never heard about, but John stopped Grandpa again before he had time to open his mouth and say another word and added," We will talk about that on another day, now I need to know what's happening in Valmore North" and he seriously looked at Alex and Mike, the Program Manager, at the same time.
"I don't know,"Mike said and looked at Alex for help.
"Well, Sir," Alex started", we just arrived at the Chime river earlier this week and started on the temporary bridge to cross the river, everything seemed to be just fine and in time,"looking back at Mike. Mike nodded to confirm it.
"So what is this all about then?" John asked again.
Meanwhile even Henry got interested and said " Something wrong out there?"
Mike started smiling and said " Listen guys, there's nothing wrong, the job is on time and we'll have the bridge finished by January, as planned. It is that old man the loggers found that is creating all the rumours."
John.."What old man?"
Mike.." The loggers found an old man living alone in a freaking big camp out there. The first thing he asked on which side we were and where the front is now, well, he was talking about the warfront.....Phil Travers talked to him a little before he started shooting."
With a loud voice nervously John said,"Whoa, wait a minute, who started shooting who and why?"
Again Mike couldn't resist his small smile and added," Well, that man still thinks it is wartime. It took us quite a while to explain to him that we're on his side and that the war is over for more than a decade."
John.."Stop!!! You mean you discovered a man living in this wilderness who still thinks the war is on and who did he shot?"
Mike.." No one was shot nor hurt, John, he just started shooting into the air and told us to stay away from his property....Hey, this guy must be in the late sixties, maybe even early seventies, he looks like Robinson Cruso and is very nervous about all the noise we're maknig with the logging and roadconstruction. He hasn't seen this much action for more than 20 years. He must have been there living all by himself."»»

And so Mike explained in every detail the situation why the highway works were delayed for a few days in Valmore. Robert H. Sweathers was a pilot and he crashed into one of the ponds with his plane way over on the other side of the river in early 1943. He was not found and considered as dead in action. John finally understood and remembered seeing that airplane in the east of the Wilderness.
The incident was reported to the federal Government right away and the officials took care of Mr Sweathers by now.

Here's an updated partial map of the western part of the region. They finally reached the first obstacle with Highway 15, the Chime river, where the first bridge in the region will be build. Alex Puto is on the job with the Chief Architect to get the bridge done by January 1961, in about 5 months only.

Back in Grasslake Mr Rascan announced his new "retirement home" as he calls it. Now that he retired from his businesses, he had built this manson to live out his retirement in total peace.
He publically announced the event on last Monday to the News media. His son Guy Racsan has partially taken over the Racsan empire, he said, while he himself will only look at things from the distance from now on and take care of his newly found passion-project near his new home in Grasslake, which no one really knows what it actually is.

Racsan's mansion was built completely on the other side of the grasslake, where the family bought a lot of land earlier last year. Most of the hills and plains there belongs to Mr Racsan and they are working to clear some land since almost a year, Mr Racsan has a project in mind that he has not yet reveiled to the public.

A close up of the mansion reveils a domain of the highest standards. It must have cost him a few million simoleons.

In valmore, highway 15 has reached its first obstacle, the Chime river, a small river coming in from the west as the decharging of the Chime lake. A temporary bridge was built to cross the river and start the highway-bridge construction from both sides of the river at the same time.
The young fellow from Frampton, Alex Puto, is the responsable assistent Project Manager of the bridge construction, actually his first big job, which Mike Allheimer fully hopes that he will be up to the job.

As all over the Winding River Region, logging is one of the major activities here also, clearing land for the highway construction.Here's a closer look of the clearing of the highway sides.

The highway was asphalted down to the beginning of the bridge construction and as of today the asphalt guys are on vacation until the bridge project has ended.

Here is an overview of the bridge-construction area with the discovered *hut* of the lost pilot they found.

And a close up of Mr Sweathers' Home made entirely of natural products. A very large building created by the pilot for his survival. Why it actually was built that large is still a mystery for the moment and will be until Mr Sweathers has gone through the health testing procedures in Blue Bay. He will then be interogated by the government and airforce.

To reach the other side of the river a temporay blogbridge was constructed and from both sides the actual highway bridge can be build now.

Here are some more detailed pictures of the bridge construction which will take a few months to be finished. A lot of ground was worked over for this project.

Hope you liked the second part of the update.
See you soon with the bridge construction, some more of Access Junction's developments and several other news from different areas, including the police investigation of Lucy's murdercase in Bluebay's downtown...........hm, what's Bluebay's downtown got to do with Lucy? Who is that mysterious Lady that wants to buy Lucy's Truckstop so quickly?  ()what()

Fred

threestooges

Looks like quite the project ahead in building that bridge. What style do they plan on going with? Seeing all that lumber off to the sides of the road... well it just makes me wish we had more capacity at the mill... ah well, time will tell where things lead. Nice work on the temporary bridge too.
-Matt