• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Quote from: just_a_guy on July 16, 2009, 01:30:10 PM
I bet it would be interesting if Barbara White was the one that murdered Lucy for the truckstop. I can see a future plot there.

not really, I have something better in mind, a lot less violent....

JoeST, that makes it three Joe's in this thread, enough to found a society. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

KoV Liberty

Hey congrats on 20 pages of your MD!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

danielcote

Hi I came back for the week end so I'll be away for anouther week so doesn't that make you wan't to give me a big hug.
&sly And hey no building of mine burns down! Is it the bake sale, club foods, staff housing or bake sale? What ever it is build it back exactly the same!

Or I'll get my ice cream mophia after you  :P

CaptCity

Haven't stopped by for a little bit and had to catch up. Things sure have changed. Access Junction sure is growing, got a mayor, an airport coming, and a need for a police department. Hopefully things won't get too bad. Nice detail on the bridge construction, and glad to see rail is coming into the region. Lot's of things happening; can't wait to see what's next...

Oh, yes, cabbage water...? Might know what that is...mm... mmm, good  ;)

joelyboy911

Thanks - I found it. I look forward to the next update.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

KoV Liberty

Hey mrbisonm,

Could I have (when I get the acre when it it availiable) this as my house? It is perfect! EDIT: How does the crashed pilot have no diseases after living so long without medicine? Also was that the crashed plane from a earlier update?

Adrian, I miss you man.

Pat

Hey Fred I love that bridge construction man that is amazing!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nrmn67

Well, if you do put some old pottery into it, then it is okay ;).

mrbisonm

Driftmaster07 , wow, I didn't even realize it, thanks. Alex Puto will get this house in the link, I downloaded it.........Where do you want it? In Access, Valmore, Grasslake or Phlox? Let me know please.
danielcote, you'll find out later tonight what burnt down and why, also you'll know exaclty what Nethaniel is about to do with this situation, unless you'll be already away for the week. ;)
CaptCity , Wait 'till you see the next two updates, because if you think there's a lot of things going on in the Winding River region, oh boy......more is coming.
Pat , more is coming when they start building the actual frame of the bridgeplatform itself.
nrmn67 I suppose they will. It will be called *Winding River Museum of Natural history*.

I'll be back late tonight with the next update....Lucy's murder is solved, I heard?

Fred

KoV Liberty

Can I have it in Access Junction? That seems to be the Hub of everything.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Nexis4Jersey

Do you plan on releasing those construction lots and Bats, Mr. Bison?

mrbisonm

Driftmaster07, ok....next time please pm me with demands, not to give away parts of the story to everyone.
Nexis4Jersey, I don't know yet, if I will release them sometime, if not you can always pm me in a month or so ask for them if I decided not to, and I will send them to you. Remind me in a month.

Nethaniel J. Wellington was out of his mind when he found out that one of his newly purchased building is on fire. Mr Wellington, from Capitol City, has bought four buildings in Access Junction only a week ago. He is planning to build up a foodstore chain called Clubfoods. He grew up in Bluebay, south of here, and so knows a little about the area, where he one day would like to move to. One of his byuildings was in bad condition and he hired some small construction Company to tear down the place and have it rebuild. That's when the fire started in the neighboring building and it was impossible to save. Whether it was their fault or not will probably be decided with the investigation.
Both firemen were out fishing on Grasslake when the fire stroke , and before they came back, the fire was eating away both floors already. Luckily for Wellington, a water transporting truck for a construction site just south of here, was passing at the same moment and seeing the fire, the driver started pumping his water onto the Bake n'Sale building to protect it from catching on fire also.
Mr Wellington appreciated the truckdriver's act.
The two firemen will be questioned by officials next week. I think that they have some serious explaining to do.

Now Nethaniel will have to rebuild what he lost, but probably something newer, bigger and more modern as a building for his future business. Luckily for him, all his buildings were fairly well insured, not causing too much of a loss to him.
Of course the dark smoke that the fire created was seen for several miles and draw a lot of curious folks to this place later that day. Everybody now knows that they will see a foodchain store growing here in a few weeks, somewhat kind of an excellent publicity for Clubfoods I guess.

After Lucy's murder, the Mayor Paul Hubert had a long and serious talk with the officials from the Governor's office in Frampton City to have an official Police or Sherriff in town. With a population of almost 1500, officials agreed to the fact that they needed urgently some Law and Order in Access, and so a sherriff's office was built. They have three patrol cars and one boat, plus 6 Officers in 3 shifts, which was very much appreciated by the citizens all around. This office will cover Access Junction down to Grasslake and up to Valmore North, where the first bridge is being build at the moment.
The station was built on a lot with a home that was bought and teared down right in front of the Gabber's Park and Soccerfield.

"What the hell happened here, ...... did Lucy's shack burn down too?", was heard out of the mouth of John Gabber when he met his friends on Friday afternoon for a quick beer at the junction.
" You didn't come last friday to the meeting, they were tearing it down at the time," Mike Allheimer answered," and we moved our friday's meeting place to the Olsen's Pub."
" Wow, that was some quick leveling, and I thought it burnt down too, hearing of the fire  last wednesday. But why did they tear it down and who is responsable for this?" John continued.
Mike, "The place belongs to Miss Barbara White, she bought it, and it was bought before Lucy's murder ,the Mayor said. Why she brought it down is a mystery to everyone, I don't even know what she's gonna do with the lot now."
" Shame, I think that was one of the first buildings here,almost historical, even before they called it a village" John said, " but now let's talk all this over at the Olsen's Pub. I'm thirsty.", and John started crossing the street towards the pub while he was followed by his usual meeting friends.

Ts Slye offically announced that he will be moving the sawmill, taking it appart piece by piece and remounting it in Phlox County. It will done before next spring. Already it can be seen some of the action, if we compare it with earlier pictures, that less wood is being piled and stored on the lots. Preparing the big move already, Slye is anxious for his new location which is supposed to improve his production by more than 200%, he said. How exactly he is planning to do this, he didn't say yet, and he left us all wondering.......
Phlox County is just on the other side where they are building the bridge, close to the shores of the mighty Winding River.
It will cost Terry Slye some solid Simoleons I guess, but he must have earned it while his sawmill was running for more than a year at its fullest speed with 3 shifts.
No losses of jobs, he confirmed, and maybe some 200 new ones later on in 1962.

Some of the population have been reporting the smelly and bad tasting water problem that Access seems to have now. The summermonths brought a lot of heat to the the little pond that is hardly able to supply all the water and the level is low these days, making it even easier to heat by the september sun. Plus there seems to be some minor pollutions nearby, people leaving their garbage. Even the Mayor realizes that it has a cabbage like taste to it sometimes and will be looking deep into the matter. He says that they probably need a new source with better installations, but where will they get the money from?
For the moment being, the waterplants are surely causing the cabbage taste to the water, and they have to be removed as soon as possible. 12 People applied as Volunteers.

Looking carefully around the village, we can now see that even some appartments have been built this summer, giving more space for new settlers. And eversince the Access Road has been connected to the west, traffic is more and more observed on these streets. Access Jct will soon become a small town. It has already been added to all the offcial roadmaps along with Highway 15.

In Tannington last week, some 75 kilometers north of Frampton, a young fellow with the name of Norman Dottweiler was arrested by the Regional Police after they received a plaint of a woman that was almost choked to death near a small restaurant. With an excellent description from the woman, he was seen right away by a patrolling Policecar near the Tannington Truckstop. He was quickly arrested and brought to Frampton's Police headoffice. In his posession he had some 2000 Simoleons on him. Very unusual for a fellow of 17 years.
The investigators of Lucy's murder were the first to question the subject, because now the investigation shows that Lucy sold her truckstop, because of some health problems, to Barbara White a week before, and she got paid in cash on the night of the murder. It was 2200 Simoleons.
Lucy was going to keep her Gazbar across the road only, which was a lot less labourful. Some serious interogation will take place in Frampton.
We will surely hear more about this..........

The foundations of the landingstrip was poured in concrete and only 4 days after the first Cargoplane landed to deliver some urgently needed merchandise.
Unbelievable, as Terry Slye described it, seeing a big airplane like this so close over his sawmill. The delivery was ordered by Mr Racsan Sr himself.

While waiting for the trucks to load the cargo, they started emptying the plane already. The helicopter belongs to Mr Racsan Sr who dropped by to see the first landing on his newly built airfield.

And here is a final look over the village or small town as we might now call it, growing bigger and bigger with time. Rumours are that the sawmill land was already sold.......

That's it for today again, have fun reading it.

Fred

beutelschlurf

moin mrbisonm,

nice update ..., the village is growing quite fast ... 
i'm getting confused though: who is the murder of lucy, is it Gerry Mason or Norman Dottweiler? (sorry, maybe my english isn't as good as i thought)  :'(
... everything looking really good, fantastic overview of the town (exactly to the right time),  ... i see a future city center/buisness area on the ground of the sawmill.  :P

cheers
b_schlurf

mrbisonm

Quote from: beutelschlurf on July 19, 2009, 11:37:12 PM
moin mrbisonm,

i'm getting confused though: who is the murder of lucy, is it Gerry Mason or Norman Dottweiler? (sorry, maybe my english isn't as good as i thought)  :'(
cheers
b_schlurf

Don't worry beutelschlurf, your english is better than you think.... ;) I got mixed up with the names a little bit, Gerry Mason is another character coming up soon. My mistake. Thanks for pointing it out. I corrected the story above.

Fred

KoV Liberty

Awesome update!  :thumbsup: Next time I will PM you with the details. Seems a bit odd that that cargo plane could land at such a small airstrip.

-Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

mrbisonm

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on July 20, 2009, 08:01:48 AM
Awesome update!  :thumbsup: Next time I will PM you with the details. Seems a bit odd that that cargo plane could land at such a small airstrip.

-Alex

I don't know if you meant by "small airstrip" the length of it. Well, the length of this airstrip is about 20% longer than the Maxis international airport. Since this game does have different measures than real life we kinda have to live with it, but I agree with you. ;)

Fred

Sorry for not having shown this picture before.

CaptCity

Access Junction has grown up and made the map (nice aerial picture)... Great news!  &apls   
Interesting turn of events in Lucy's case... Hmmm   &Thk/(   
And I wonder who bought the sawmill land  ()meeting() ...Gotta be an outlet mall  ;)

Always things happening in the Winding River Project :blahblah: 

Nice update.

kimcar

I agree about the publicity . ::) No one should have no doubt about it.  $%Grinno$% Nice update mate :thumbsup:

KoV Liberty

Oh, thats how long it is! I love the overveiw. It is just long enough for that plane I beleive. Also...... What will replace Lucy's Truckstop?

Adrian, I miss you man.

just_a_guy

Interesting update! I like how the murder case is going. And the growth is fantastic. It's always nice to compare how it's grown. This isn't too important but for the sake of realism, I would have that barn house to the right of the landing strip demolished (in the picture where the whole landing strip is visible) for safety reasons. Usually there's a long empty space after the end of the runaway "just in case".

Looking foard for the next update!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing