• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ecoba

Some very interesting stories going on here in WRP, Fred. I'm really enjoying them.
Also, it's nice to see that Access Centre is growing up nicely.

Ethan

mightygoose

so it will be a good 5-7 months before he gets his first contract  ;)
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

NASCAR_Guy

Glad to see you still working on this Freddy V ;)
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

jmyers2043

Ah ha. So that is what happened to Johnny's evil twin brother. Johnny B Badd moved to Winding River. 

Thanks for the memory, Fred. A lot of the yougsters reading this diary probably didn't catch the reference but I have Chuck Berry's golden oldie on my ipod. 

His mother told him "Someday you will be a man,
And you will be the leader of a big old band.
Many people coming from miles around
To hear you play your music when the sun go down
Maybe someday your name will be in lights
Saying Johnny B. Goode tonight."

Go Go
Go Johnny. Go Johnny, Go

I've got that tune on my brain now ...  ::)   

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Quote from: jmyers2043 on February 24, 2010, 05:27:09 PM
Ah ha. So that is what happened to Johnny's evil twin brother. Johnny B Badd moved to Winding River. 
I've got that tune on my brain now ...  ::)   

- Jim

Oh my.....lol....Now You got me singing that song in my mind.....lol.
The idea for the name and the "owner" of its WRP character is nedalezz, but the story is me who writes it and you can be sure some passes will remind you of someone..... ;)

Thanks folks for leaving a comment and mightygoose, maybe before that, there might be an emergency for a young architect just out of school.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

danielcote

Yay you brought the pit back! Now I can watch movies again!!!  ;D Thanx.

mrbisonm

BTW....Playing now at the
ACCESS PIT
this weekend.....not to miss!

Hall One...

Hall Two...

Enjoy...

Fred

nedalezz

LOL! 1964 baby. Awesome little update :)

Go Johnny, Go ;)

threestooges

So much has been happening. I like the "Who Lives Where" segment. It's good to put some big picture context to all the close up shots there are. Glad to see plans are shaping up for the rail depot near the sawmill. Getting things to market that much faster will really allow things to pick up speed. Question though, outside of clearing land for development/highway construction, what lumber sources has the Slye mill been focusing on (aside from the potential Sterling deal of course)? Nice updates Fred, and nice touch with the movie posters there.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Quote from: threestooges on February 25, 2010, 06:51:20 PM
Question though, outside of clearing land for development/highway construction, what lumber sources has the Slye mill been focusing on (aside from the potential Sterling deal of course)?
-Matt

Matt,
It is all in tomorrow's (friday) update. I have a good part (constructions completely finished) reserved for Slye's sawmill, now called: *           *, oupppsss......sorry that was written with invisible ink, have to wait 'til tomorrow. ;)

Fred

soulchaser

Great updates recently. I love all the realism.

One ticket for Hall 2, please. I have some time while waiting for GRV II ;).

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

soulchaser....I know, believe me I do....Lynn has left the project because of the death of her mother and that doesn't help me neither. I will have some news and explaining and partial judging on GRV II in a week. I am honestly sorry for all that delay. Thanks.
Let's do some serious MD'ing now...

Update 39  (november 1964)

Fall is here and the Bridge project in Phlox County is not finished yet, as planned and wished for by John Gabber. Quite dissapointed of his Project Leaders, he has put Alex Puto under a lot of stress, making him promiss to finish the other half of the bridge before spring 1965, or else.... as he said. Sometimes some rough handling needs to be done to get the needed results, as Gabber puts it. His brother Gary didn't like the way he handles his employees and reported the act to their father Henry, who still has most of the control of the Gabber firm.
««" I freaking gave them 2 years with the full budget and all the workers they needed", John Gabber explained himself on the Company's Board meeting, " but they only have done half of it and that darn half isn't even finalized yet.
So what am I suppose to think? If the incompetence of these gents have seriously delayed the contract, then I as the responsable have to do something about it, no?. Let's not forget that we need that bridge urgently, because we have to get all the materials needed to start the bridge in Stoke over that darn swamp. I am pushed around by the Government and my superiors, so I'll push my workers until it is done".
Finally he added after a few seconds of total silence in the meeting room: "So be it and don't waste any time now and get to work.", looking seriously at Alex and Mike.»»

Ouff, that was hard to digest, Alex told Mike while they were leaving the mainoffice in Frampton. Back in Phlox, everything seemed to be just fine, the Mainbridge was built, not ready, but still, they will be able to bring the trucks over to the island at least.
And that gave Mr Puto the idea of the month. Hey, why not build the roadbridge right away, it will be faster and surely be ready before January. Gabber will be able to send his truckloads to the swampbridge and start working on it, while we will finish the Highway Bridge later. We have to build that roadbridge anyways before the end of next year, so let's do it. Switching around the timedelays a little might help to advance the rest.
Having seriously thought about it and realizing that the plan for that bridge is already ready and most of the materials have arrived on the banks of the river, he called up Gabber a few days later and explained his new glorious plan, which was greatfully accepted by the Big Boss. As long as he can get the trucks to the Stoke area to build the freaking swampbridge, he said to Alex. Make it happen before April. Relieved, Puto went back to Phlox and to get started on the smaller roadbridge before the end of the month.

pic1

On the west end of the bridge some homes started to appear, mostly people that have a small cantine here for the workers, or those that work on the bridge since the beginning wanted to stay nearby. A little village (Community) they call Phloxtown has been founded by this settlergroup. They even asked for the official registration at the Regional Administration Office in Capitol City.

pic2

On the island also some new homes are starting to get build by those new landowners. The whole island was divided in many small lots and publically offered for sale in 1961, way before the road got close to this area, but most of the little expensive lots have been sold, some by major investors who are promoting the area as of now and others who simply wanted to invest their surplus income.
The temporary harbour will soon be dismantled and the land was already sold to a young Lady from Frampton, which she would like to transform into a boatrental of some kind one day. Katie Panskyy, only 19, has a little history of boats behind her, being born on a boat at high seas.[color]

pic3

Many changes have been made at the Slye' sawmill, now officially called *North-Eastern Timberlog Inc*, or simply, the *North-Eastern*. Most of the constructions have finally ended and all departments are under full production. Since Slye is still mostly living in Frampton, he hired some stable and trustworthy folks to handle the sawmill while he's gone.
Slye had a seawall built on his riverbanks, solid and quite large, maybe he is up to something in the future. As you can see, Terry's sawmill is busy as ever, even though most of the Highway loggers are on a long vacation for the winter, waiting for a road to be reaching the other side of the swamps in Stoke, but timber and logs are coming in from everywhere anyways, mostly Grasslake and former Valmore North, where logging has picked up with the coming urge to build homes and roads in these areas. Also the decision to build the rails towards Bluebay through this region has been a benefit to the mill.

pic4

What is to be done with all that sawdust that the sawmill produces, is one of the major concerns of the North-Eastern. At the moment most of it is shipped free of charge to Cattle and Hogfarmers aroung the region, but somehow hogs and cows have enough by now and piles of sawdust grow in every empty corner possible. They even had a whole shed filled with it in the beginning of the piling.
Slye thought about dumping it into the river and let nature take care of it, but then again he stopped, thinking of the residents of the Winding River Outlet further down, which might not appreciate the floating sawdust in their town of Belleminton just at the river's mouth. There has to be another way of getting rid these yellow slow rotting hills.

pic5

pic5a

Still in Phlox, we have a closer look at the beginning of a new small community which they call themselves Phloxtown. It all started with some temporary cantines for the bridge and Highway workers, which extented into small restaurants and more and more are being build. Maybe this is the beginning of a bigger town, you never know. Citizens have even officially asked to recognize this community as an independant municipality.

pic6

Now back to Access-Valmore which seems to have unbelievable problems with the traffic these days. Eversince the rails invaded the town and tore down the highway 15 and have it detoured into smaller streets, Mayor Steven Bartless is furious about the situation in Vamore and Access. The population can't wait for the highway south of Access that is supposed to turn around the town to be finished. They say, it will not be before March 1964, still another 4 months of traffic blocks like in a big city. Railers are not welcome in Access anymore it seems, blaming the whole messin town on them.

pic7

In Access City, Mr Guy Racsan finally got his green light and the contract for manufacturing automobile motors for Kent Triton, a big Racecar Company out east. Guy hoping to swell this company into a Mega manufacture together with KECO subsidy one day, he is quite ambitious to make it happen. Meanwhile, his new addition is hiring some more 400 workers, which he applies for in different surrounding towns and cities. Mayor Bartlett told Racsan to slow down a little with inviting all these workers to Access, because he won't be able to find room for all these new settlers, especially now where services are hard to satisfy.

pic8

In "Downtown" Access and mostly in the Mayor's office, things and subjects are hot. Always coming back to the urgent need of new and better services, the mayor asks for help before going nuts. Here are some of the demands which are most urgently needed:
1.  Bigger Elementary School (under construction)
2.  Highschool Secondary School (under construction)
3.  Need for a serious used water drainage system before the river turns brown (under consideration)
4.  New and a bigger Church (already constructed)
5.  Mayor's office and Meeting or Townhall (under planning)
6.  Lowering taxes from 8.5 to 8.0 % as promissed during his election (under serious consideration)
7.  Highway construction around the town (under construction)
8.  Improvement of the health system (under consideration)
9.  Displacement of the industrial Park to an outside site of Access (on hold)
10. Parks for relaxation and amusement and a bigger and better Soccerfield (considering the possibilities)
11. A new and better Emergency and Firedepartment (planning)
12. Improving the law enforcement with at least three more Policecars and 6 more officers. (under consideration)
13. Garbage problem to be solved with more access to bigger terrain. (on hold and not so important)
14. Planning what to do with the empty spaces left behind by the rail company. (on hold)
15. Asphalt streets in the residential areas (thinking about and calculating the costs)

So you can easily see what our beloved Mayor is going through at this moment. He is lucky though because the whole council stands behind him, helping out and encouraging to fill the tasks.

Tom Kohler of which we haven't heard from since awhile, must have fallen in love, everyone thinks, disappearing thursday's afternoon and coming back only on Tuesdays. Somehow he is neglecting a little his Taxi buissness and his newly formed Busline. Hiring people to take care of buissness doesn't make it profitable, every successful buissness needs its owner most of the time and especially in the beginning, and since a couple of months 26 year old Kohler is gone most of the time, leaving the tasks to the hired help.
We only know that Tom met a girl in Frampton I believe, her name is Jessica Parker (not related to Sarah Jessica Parker born in 1965), and that he spends a lot of time with her in Frampton. Is this becoming serious buissness?
As we can see on the picture below, the "Railers" have finished their ironroad through town and have left behind only some empty, but perfectly leveled dirt lots.
Now it is up to the municipality to take care of this strip of bareground which is already being used as parking, storage and dumping. Kohler's manager bought four of these lots, neighboring the Bus and Gaz station. If it was for himself or for Tom Kohler's Company, we don't know yet. Kohler isn't around anyways and he probably doesn't even know that the rails arrived in Access.

pic9

Just like we talked about earlier in this update, Access has its problems with the truck traffic also, because of the detour of Highway 15 through smaller roads and streets. Residents of some areas about had it and complain to the office by the dozens. Mayor Bartlett tries to make them understand that it will still last 3 months and to hold on until then. Nothing can be changed without costing too much to the town anyways. The Town's budget already has reached its upper limits of spending.
Just to show, here's a picture of the real game situation:

pic9-1

But then again, the council goes ahead with an older project which is not important at all at the moment and cleans out the land planned for commercial building. Here, they say, Government  and other offices will once be build, having asked for such a location since last year.
Government offices like official finances (taxes, income, welfare etc), also Lawoffices and a Regional Courthouse, Offices for permits and licences, other civil offices, banks and financial institutions, a bigger and more modern Postal office, a library later on and many more not to mention the smaller Insurance and other useful officespaces.
Council says that they will rent the land and eventually buy the buildings also to be rented, which could bring them a fair interesting amount of yearly income.

pic10

As we know the construction of the church was planned since last year and construction was finally undertaken in the beginning of the year. Since religion may calm down the anger of the population as thought by the Mayor and council, they decided to go ahead with this project in the first place. *Now that they are occupied praying for a better life, the citizens will give us the time to continue the quest of the demands in peace. May God bless them,* the Mayor says.
This church is a lot bigger than the small cornerchurch on Mainstreet, finally giving enough space for all the believers.

pic11

Before we go on, let's make another serious point here to be sure that we understand each other rightful. If I mention religion and talk about it, it is meant only generally. Whether God, Gods or godlike Beings are to you as in the many religions such as Islam, Catholic, Protestant, Buddhism, Evangelism, Hinduism, Judism, Christianity, ethnic religions or I don't know all the other religions, movements and believes that exist, these are to me in this Mayor's diary only of general interests. All religions will be the same within these pages of my Sims and Simworld. I will respect every and any religion of humanity irl, but will never talk about any other than a "simmlish" and fictious religion here. Now that this is clear, let's go on.......

Some have it, others don't. Outrageous they call it, Unacceptable say others and some say it's Excruciating. How in the world is it possible to live in a beautiful and clean neighborhood with gravel and sandyroads, while the richest man in Access (owner of the shopping Center) has asphalt in front of his home only. Even his neighbor, the owner of the big Tool Manufacturing plant in Access (see industrial Park) can't get over it. * He must be quite a good and *special* friend of the Governor*....some say with a hidden sarcastic smile.
Actually, this was only an experiment of finding out if the sands of the gravel roads will be good enough to serve as the base for the upcoming asphalting within the residential limits of Access Center next year. That it happened in front of the richest man's home in Access is only a coincidence, they say....Pffffff... you can hear the population say.

pic12

After the plans were finished and accepted by the council, the decision to start with the new Elementary school received its permission. The older school on Dovestreet, just behind the Olsen's Pub, needed to be totally replaced for more room and better structure. The old school was built so quickly that the main wooden beams supporting the building are barely holding it up. Besides the space needed to house all those kids in Access has reached its limits last year. It is time to go ahead towards the future and not look back, the heck with the spendings, the Mayor always say.
Yeah,.....all that spending of the godd ol' taxmoney....what a year this is, and 1965 will not be better, many think.

pic13

Still with the educational subject, here is the old school, still standing until the new one is ready, but eventually it will be torn down to make room for the new Highschool, which will arrive in Access by the end of the next year. Another good taxsimoleon spent for the citizens. Kids and teenagers for the secondary education still have to travel the 45 minute ride to Sandom's Highschool for one more year.

pic14

A contractor from Beecherfalls has bought the three appartmentblocks on Baker's road that we see here below squared in green. These older buildings are to be torn down next spring and rebuild as newer, more modern Housings will take the place. The rumours are that the new building will beat the height of the Wellington Office building near the shopping Center. A new record in Access? Has the competition of higher buildings started?
Already other investors and contractors are looking for possibilities to renew some of the old face of Access's downtown, including Nethaniel Wellington as he still searches for the best spot for his new Clubfoods outlet. Dove and Henson street, just a block away, are in the target.

pic15

Only being considered by the council at this moment, the Gabber park needs a lift-up, mentioned by a lot of folks, especially by the soccerlovers. The Soccergames have extended into a big sport here in Access, and its yearly exiting tournement has reached the clubs of Bluebay , Sodom and even Lakefield lately.
The big park given as a gift to the town by John Gabber 5 years ago has a lot of possibilities to create something spectacular for a small town, as the Soccer Organizer puts it. It is big enough to do all kinds of things. John Gabber was informed of the Park's possible renewal project and he totally agreed with the idea. He even said that he will double the budget's amount that the town is willing to spend for this project with a donation from Gabber Inc. The Soccer Association really appreciated his offer, hoping that the mayor will put in a good and big bag of gold.

pic16

It happened late on last saturday afternoon. Johnny B. Badd was talking to a fellow already well known by the Police on the sidewalk near the old theater, when all of sudden a whole squadron of Policecars came in from all directions. Johnny and the other fellow were instantly arrested.
Since more than a week, the Police Chief of Access has Johnny in his eyes, having him surveyed 24 hrs a day as long as he is in the town's limits. Johnny is being suspected to deal unlegal drugs as he has done before in his former hometown, and as the Police Chief likes to keep his town as clean as possible, he is willing to do anything to do so. Feeling or knowing that something was about to happen sooner or later, all four Policecars with a dozen of officers were alarmed for a possible arrest later that day.
It was quite spectacular for a small town to see their impressive Policeforce at action. It was quick and without any problems. Even the Mayor (black car) came to see what happened.
It's just like in the movies, some people said to the local newspaper's owner, Joe Bean.
Once in the Police Office, the interogation of the two supects started while other Police officers were still looking for the proof of illegal drugs out on the street.
Then it came to mind that the chief reacted maybe too quickly. Misery has happened. The arrest was immediatly cancelled by Johnny's lawyer who wanted solid proof of the accusation. None could have been given, no drugs were found on either's person and none on or near the street either. All was found is some Baseball cards that both suspect said to have exchanged. What a mess for the chief. So, they were exchanging cards....hm.....
The news was already out in the printing and on sale the next day, when the kids were released. Now the Police chief has to face the Mayor's office and do a good and solid explanation of his doing and then most probably make a public excuse to both falsely Accused.
Some say that this will be the story of the year and remembered for a long time.

pic17

And to finsih this update, here is the 1964 detailed transportation map of the town of Access Center.

pic18

Hope this was an interesting update to you, if you liked it, leave a comment, I have seen many lurkers, yet a few that left a word. Don't be shy, I don't bite. ;)

There will be an update of the *Where Do They Live* this weekend, be there as we will see, where the Gabbers live, also Wellington, Slye and a new fellow that has just got out of the army and already saved a life in Phlox.

Fred

Battlecat

Crazy huge update there!  Amazing growth throughout the region, but particularly in that lumber mill!  You've done a great job on the custom lots for that one!

Great job on the story as well.  All sorts of interesting problems are developing, but I see that the budget is running quite thin!  That's going to make life interesting.  Always looking forward to your next update.

KoV Liberty

Nice job! I cannot wait for the newest update!

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Cyclone1001

Beautiful, I love arch bridges. That area by the airport could be a good place for industry or commercial development, if you ask me ;)

CabraBuitre

I love how you build up these towns!  I don't really ever do it this way... But I'm not much of an MD maker either!

Check out Abelfarei!

kimcar

&apls &apls Very excellent A lot of action with the arrestation and all the devellopement. Nice sawdust lot too. :thumbsup:

nedalezz

That is one huuuuuge update! Guess it looks like Johnny has just become Access' resident badboy and celebrity of the year, lol.

Access growth seems to be too fast for the good ol' mayor to keep up with; more funding or perhaps a bigger administration with more departments with specific jobs needed?

frostwolf

Figured it was only a matter of time before a town grew up around the end of the bridge, especially considering how close it is to the sawmill. I'd imagine most of the workers at the mill would move there so as to cut down on the commute.

I like the problems with the bridge; very realistic, and very realistic response; things aren't getting done, so management takes it out on labor, ignoring things like weather, topography, and so forth.

This is coming along very nicely.

mrbisonm

Thanks Battlecat, btw there are 19 "Nexis" sawmill lots and BATs involved in this set.
Driftmaster, hope you don't mind your character being pushed around by Gabber these days....
Cyclone1001, excellent idea, I kinda thought so too, but it's the Mayor who decides.... ;)
CabraBuitre, I enjoy building cities this way, while playing it's almost like you become a part of the town...
kimcar, glad you liked the "crime scene" and the sawdust piles....;)
nedalezz, bigger administration with more departments, as you said is proabably the only way for the Mayor to get out of his daily stress handling the ever fastgrowing town.
frostwolf, glad you like it, and the problems of the bridge aren't over yet, I think. Yet the worst is still to come I heard.....Rumours are that Alex just about had it and......

Thanks for coming by and leave a comment, so many views and lurkers that hide behind the curtains, why? Come out and announce yourself and make this a busy MD.....You must know by now that I don't bite and almost respond to all comments.

Here's the list of our Members and characters again:

Nethaniel Wellington........danielcote
Riichirou Takahaschi.......just_a_guy
Guy Racsan..................NASCAR_GUY
Michael Arven...............mightygoose
Johnny B.Badd..............nedalezz
George and Pat Westwood.....CabraBuitre (not yet arrived)
Gregory Badger............frostwolf (not yet arrived)
Tom Kohler..................Rusty XL
Jordan Meadon.............canyonjumper
Diarmuid MacGormain.....The Tea Cat
Barby White.................BarbyW
Steve Gibson...............Cyclone 1001
Terry Slye...................threestooges
Alex Puto....................Driftmaster07
Charlie Gabber..............myself ;)
Harry Wormwood..........MattyFo (not yet arrived)

I still need 3 to 4 more characters, maybe the chance for some of our lurkers?

--------------------------------------------------

This is the second of the series of five of *Who Lives Where* update.

Today we will see where the headcharacters of this MD live, the Gabber Family.

Starting with John Gabber himself. Born in Bluebay, when it still was a village in 1909 and married Mary Moondall (born in 1916) in 1931, when Mary was only 15 years old. They have 5 children, John Jr (born in 1940), Vera (born in 1940), Melody-Ann (born in 1947), William (born in 1948) and of course Charlie, which we all know very well by no. (born in 1950) They live in Bluebay in a big, modern and luxurious 3-story house near the Bay of Bluebay, overlooking the Bay and Downtown of the City of Bluebay. The house is located on  Bergen Island. They own 2 acres of land there. John is the President/Partial Owner of Gabber Industries in Frampton, (a big buissness that is divided into three parts) that his father Henry established in 1910. He has finished school at the age of 13, which was very regular at that era and went to work for his father. At the age of 29 he became the Vice President of the Company and President in 1956. With his brother Gary, both control 70% of the Company today. John is more on the construction half of Gabber Inc, highways, roads, streets and other big constructions. Now working on the WRP (Winding River Project) he is busy for the next 8 years.
John is the more quieter but confronting type and says what he has to say when it is necessary, very generous and understanding (geeez, that sounds almost like me.....lol..:0)
He likes fishing and hunting and has a regular pilot permit and his beloved hydroplane (which is still on the bottom of Valmorelake btw)

pic2a

pic2b

In 1961 they had a weekend home built in Grasslake on some 300 acres of land that he bought. Acouple of months later, they decided to sell their home which was not yet finished , to their friend Mike Allheimer, only to rebuild a new one on a better spot on those 300 acers. Today, in 1964, it is still not quite finished, doing most of the work by himself in his free time, but living there during the summermonths has been done for almost two years. The Home is located on the eastside of the lake on a point of sand reaching far into the lake, which gives them a whole *roundview* of Grasslake, which was the main reason why they changed ideas in 1962. The home was designed by Michael Arven, who was only 16 years old at the time.

pic2c

pic2d

Now let's talk about his parents, Henry and Marlene Gabber, who also live in Bluebay, ever since both of them were born there, he in 1888 and her in 1895. Both have 3 children, John, Gary and Helena. Henry's parents were the first settlers in Bluebay and also gave it its name, meaning that the city of Bluebay is still very young, and the family owns some 1000 acres, where Henry himself added some 4000 more acres of land later and a whole island, that he slowly sold in pieces for developpment, making therefore his fortune. Today Henry and Elizabeth, who is from England, live on top of the mountain on the Bergen Island. The mountain is still Henry's private property as we can see outlined in red on the picture below. He has built his home in 1915, when John was only 6 years old and has lived there ever since.
His second son, Gary, also lives on this mountain and right beside their parents. So this time we will handle both families at the same time and save some pictures.

pic9

In the picture below we have both Henry Gabber and his son Gary. Henry's home is older than Gary, who only copied it from his father's home, where he and his brother John grew up. Gary wanted the same style home and because they have the best view right there, Gary wanted to be part of it also. Henry didn't mind at all, having one of his sons not far from him.
Gary Gabber, 4 years younger than his brother, took some serious studies in the Frampton University. Today he is the CEO of the Gabber Inc financial and Commercial Construction department. In other words, if John needs money for his projects, he comes see Gary for it, which sometimes the demand can end up in the hands of their father, while Gary is most often restricted with his offers. But since the Road and Highway construction department of Gabber Inc is a lot bigger than the other half, father Henry never refuses the demands of John, which often go into the 10 and 10's of Million Simoleons. It's a family buissness on a big scale.
Gary is married to Jackie Melhorn since 14 years and they have only one son of 14 y.o. same age as Charlie, anmed Edward Gabber.

Both, Gary and Henry have a full view of the Bluebay, the island's town and the downtown city in all its splendance, surrounded by mature forests. Their private road is almost 1 kilometer long, winding up the hill, sometimes very steeply. From his bedroom window, Henry Gabber can see John's home down at the bay.

pic3a

pic3b

Barby White, the owner of the Biergarten right in downtown Access, lives just outside the town in the countryside, completely surrounded by farms. Her home is simple but somehow luxurious inside. Born in 1912, she is today 52 years old. She had a few buissnesses in Frampton, where she came from, but after having seen the Access area in the beginning, she sold everything there only to move into Access, buying the older Corner restaurant of Lucy, who was murdered shortly after Barby bought it. Miss Barby is about to open the first Hotel in this region on the beaches of the Valmore Lake soon, which is supposed to be a relaxing place for those who need a good vacation.
As a well known buissness woman, Miss White has many more plans in her head, thinking of different and better occasions to invest her money.
She lives on a smaller hill overviewing the fields of the farms neighboring the town of Access.

pic1a

pic1b

Now let's have a look at Neth's home. Nethaniel Joseph Wellington, another well known buissness man, born in Bluebay, but started his buissness in Capitol City after having finished his studies at the famous buissness college, from where he moved his store to Access some years ago. His first store is the Bake n' Sale on Mainstreet, where he also had built his home, a 3 story appartment block, red of colour, after the older home burnt down during the renovation. Most of the people who work for him live there also. Nethaniel has the "Penthouse", as he calls it so, the third floor overlooking the small downtown. Born in 1928, he is now 36 years old and still not married, having not enough time to go find the "perfect wife", as he puts it.
Lately he had the first Office building built, where he also rents several offices to other buissnesses, but also keeps his Main-office now. This building is the tallest building in Access for the moment, as we have seen it build only a few months ago. We can also see it on the second picture below.
Now Mr Wellington is about to open his second Clubfood store in Access. He shut down the first one a couple of month ago, only to re-open a much larger version in the next few months and now he is looking for the ideal location, and if I heard right, he has just about found it, not yet having mentioned it publically though. Wellington is thinking big, planning carefully his future ahead of his time and having made several plans already, like opening another Bake n' Sale in Westriver, where a small village has reached it's 800th citizens already.

pic4a

pic4b

And back to Grasslake. We remember from above that John Gabber sold his first weekend home there, while it was still under construction, because he found a better location for his dream-wekkend home. It was sold to his longtime old friend, Mike Allheimer, the Project Manager of Gabber's Construction department. Mike is the one man John can count on all the time. Only a few years younger than John, now 48 years old, he is something like the right hand of John. Mike studied in Bluebay, where he was born and works for the Gabber family way before John took over the buissness. Both Him and John have been going fishing and hunting together and both are loving the sport of Soccer.
Mike is married to Liza vanHove for 20 years, a girl from Holland, and they don't have any children, a choice both decided so. They used to live in Bluebay on the Mimic River until John offered his newly built home to Mike for very little simoleons. When Mike and Liza saw the place on the almost empty Grasslake at the time, both fell in love and accepted the generous offer, where they live since 2 year. Situated on the tip of a little peninsula, their home is opposite of the same small bay where Guy Racsan lives. A quiet neighborhood, that was all they wanted. Mike hasn't met Guy yet, but heard a lot about him.

pic8a

pic8b

And a last picture of the whole Grasslake area to show the Racsan, the late Dubold, Gabber and the Allheimer properties and which shows most of the Grasslake wealthy citizens and also a small part of the Grasslake Village growing slowly on the far right and being divided by the Access Road. The Dubold Property is for sale now for a very high price and only two people that we know of have the possibility to do so, unfortunetly Nethaniel Wellington does not like to live on the side of a lake and Barby White has other plans to invest her money at the moment. Who knows , maybe one of our known characters one day will end up here.......Do You know?

pic10

That's it again, having seen the homes of 6 of our Winding River's famous Citizens. Hope you enjoyed it again.

I will bring you another 5 of our character's homes in a few days (1 or 2) and then a little pause, while I have to upload the long waiting updates of my other thread, the GRV II Challenge.

Have a nice week now.;)

Fred