• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emgmod

Quote from: mrbisonm on February 28, 2010, 02:49:08 PM
I still need 3 to 4 more characters, maybe the chance for some of our lurkers?
Oh hello there. I'll join, once I know what to do to join.

mrbisonm

Quote from: emgmod on February 28, 2010, 06:57:54 PM
Oh hello there. I'll join, once I know what to do to join.

Welcome to the Winding River Project, I sent you a PM that explains what I need to know. I forgot to tell you, if you want special buildings to be used for your character during his/her lifetime in the region, just send me why, what for and a link.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mightygoose

interesting i didn't realise the Gabber family had such large holdings, fascinating reading fred.

john
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

MattyFo

COUNT ME IN FRED!!!!!  I know I am a lurker :P I've yet to comment because, I have accually been reading this MD from the start!   &apls Terrific story FRED!!!  In a weird way this story has accually inspired me a little, and makes we want to start a small town on a small lake in Western Ontario! :D

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

Battlecat

That's a huge number of custom lots, it's really developing into an amazing custom set!

Great set of shots, nice to see where another group of characters are living! 

mrbisonm

mightygoose, I have mentioned it way before, probably somewhere in the beginning, but never shown that the Gabbers have a lot of landin Bluebay and now in the Winding River Valley also.

MattyFo, Thanks, and welcome to WRP, I have sent you a PM with all the info I need to get your character in my story on the right track. Please no architects nor Engineers, Thanks.

Battlecat, Glad you like the *who lives Where* addition to the story.

The Minister of Welfare affairs, the Minister of Regional Developments and the Prime Minister of Simland announced their arrivel to Access in the next year to see if they would invest a lot of money and time in the region to get it going.

All the Mayors are freaking out, and Mayor Bartlett is about to have his first heart attack.

««"We need to get everything in order and organized and show them what the region is capable of", Mayor Bartlett told the other 6 Mayors of the region, " we cannot afford to be refused the budget they will want to invest in our region. Let's clean up and build everything we need to please them. We have 9 months."»»
Expect some crazy growing of some parts of the region before these gentlemen arrive for an inspection in July 1965. Will they be able to prove them that the region is the best place they could find for new developpments?

We'll see this in the next update in about a week and a half or two weeks. There will be another *Who lives where* update this week and after I have some updating on my GRV II Challenge thread to do first.

Have a nice week and thanks for the comments.

Fred

danielcote

This is great! Thanx. Some suggestions are to build a ski resort from Pegs ski stuff from the STEX, because I love skiing and I'd also love to see a ski resort here some time. Also the parking lot behind the bake sale building, It used to have trees and a fence so if you can can you add at least the trees back. I would appreciate it since it makes it seem more private and homey.

mrbisonm

danielcote,

the skiing resort isn't for now, maybe not for quite awhile, no mountains have been reached yet and that can take awhile, but I will consider it.
About your fence and trees behind the Bake n' Sale, I can't do much at the moment, since this is a growlot and when it was accidently destroyed earlier together with all my other lots, it grew back like this, maybe a second version of the lot.
I will try to get it back, but don't promiss anything.

Fred

danielcote

look in land marks because I have that same building and theres a growable and a plop able so maybe you can edit the plop able version.

mrbisonm

Quote from: danielcote on March 02, 2010, 08:00:50 PM
look in land marks because I have that same building and theres a growable and a plop able so maybe you can edit the plop able version.

Ok, I will download it again if it contains LM's, because mine are only growables. Thanks for letting me know. ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

*Who lives Where*

Third of a set of Five.

The first visit today is the home of Gregory Badger, we haven't even met him yet. Greg is a soldier, working for the Simarmy here at the Government enclosured area in West River. He comes here every two weeks taking over a young officers job for seven days, only to return to Bluebay after, where he's from and still lives, back to his armybase.
Born in 1942, 22 years old at the moment, he had a rough childhood, been pushed from one Fosterhome to another several times. He seeked the family he never had in the army and joined very early. Today he is a Sergeant in the Paranormal Investigation Service and that is probably the reason why he works at the army enclosure in West River.
His rough and tough looks do not reveil that he is actually somewhat of a fanatic to grow vegetable gardens and he loves Nature and general gardening, but at the moment he does not have any space to do so.
He lives in Bluebay about the opposite of the John Gabber Residence, in a small first floor appartment and thinks of buying himself a small piece of land in West River or Phlox, that he started to love so much.

pic5a

Not owning a car, young Badger, travels by train to the armybase at the end of the city and from there to work in Westriver with the daily army-helicopter. Luckily a trainstation is only a few steps from his appartment.
Not much more is known of Gregory yet, so let's keep an eye on him for awhile and see what he's up to.

pic5b

The next target is our already well known Terry S. Slye from Phlox. Terry is the owner of the North-Eastern Timber Sawmill in Phlox. He is a good friend of John Gabber and Mike Allheimer, which he meets each friday afternoon for a beer or two at the Biergarten in Access. He was born in Bluebay also in 1939, that makes him the only 25 years old, and owning the biggest hiring private Company in the Winding River region. As we remember he came to the area with building a Company in his mind and 2,000 Simoleons in his pockets, and he received a lot of help from John Gabber who started the sawmill with him in Access. Today he is the only owner, the President and Manager of the logcutting Company, which is hiring a total of 480 workers fulltime and up to 600 in more busier times. His final products of beams and planks go mainly to Frampton by truck, where he lives today, but he wants the use of the rails one day, now that they're in town, and deliver his goods everywhere possible on the map and beyond.
Slye has built himself a small home in Phlox, just about at the entrance ofand beside his office the sawmil, where he stays during the times he spends in the region.

pic6a

Only lately Slye has finished all the construction on his new sawmill that he moved from Access to here. Last fall he experienced a Forest fire that almost destroyed his sawmill and home, luckily for him the rain had it stopped only a few feet in front of the first buildings. Terry didn't like the experience of the useless firedepartment of Access, who almost took all day to arrive and combat the fire with one hose only and he decided to build himself his own firedepartment earlier next year, just before the next dry season.
After every friday's meeting with Gabber, Allheimer and others, he disappears to Frampton to his real home until Tuesdays, when he usually returns to the mill.

pic6b

Slye's real home is in Frampton, the biggest City north of the Winding River Region, situated on the mighty Bell River. There he lives close to his small downtown office where he sells all the finished woodpieces he produces in Phlox. His customers are mostly big Construction Companies and some furniture Manufacturers. He lives on the 10th floor of an older gigantic appartment block, but keeping up with paying two homes and only having started his buissness, he doesn't want anymore financial problems, especially now where things seem to go very well.

pic6c

At his age is not married and doesn't seem to have the time for it neither, building up his small empire very surely but with care. He is the kind of fellow that takes his time to listen to the people that surround him and that is why so many workers just love their job with him, and because they know that Terry will be there for them when times get rougher. When he transferred his sawmill to Phlox from Access Junction, he only had his own workers do the job, not to have them on unemplyment for one day. " It is always the people first" he says, one more reason why also John Gabber likes the young fellow.

pic6d

The little kid, Diarmuid MacGormain, we haven't heart of very much lately, is the next one on the list to visit. The reason we don't hear from him too often is that he is gone with a small group of friends, spending a month on a big adn wild island in the Winding River for a session of survival. They should return about next week, before the cold air brings the frost and snow.
Diar, as friends call him, is the best friend of our little Charlie, John Gabber's son. Born in Highfield in the Grand River Valley, he and his father Ristead and mother Finula moved out as quickly as they could when the rebels took over half of the region. His Dad has heard about good work in the Winding River Region, who was much more stable at the time. Diar was 11 when he arrived and is now 15, born in 1949. His father started to work for the Gabber Inc Construction Company as a simple labourer first, somewhere on the highway 15, until he was transferred to the offices working as a Quantity Surveyor, which take care of the expenses, costs etc of the highway construction site.
They rented a small older house in Access on Mainstreet and Dad has been saving money ever since he is in the offices of Gabber Inc, to buy a house somewhere in Access one day. Diar loves biking and camping and that is why he was the first to agree to this expedition he went on with Charlie and Jordan Meaden and some others. He also plays for the Junior Soccer team in Access and has become quite a star there.

pic7a

Little MacGormain goes to school in Sodom with all the other teenagers that frequent the highschool and he can't wait for the Access Highschool to be build later this spring, although it will probably be his last year in school. After he will be leaving for Lakefield to study buissness Management in the Goodworthington College. He will probably be followed by his friend Charlie who also thinks about taking these courses.

pic7b

Now let's have a look at the home of our president and journalist of the Access Center Tribune. Johann Behan, more known as Joe Bean, lives on the third floor of his Printing Office Building. Born in 1929 in Lakefield, now 35 years old, he bought this house five years ago, when he started the Local Newspaper.

pic8a

A small skinny type of guy, a little nervous and twitchy, he makes the ideal journalist for the town. He has 2 people working for him on the press, which is on the first floor of the same building. Just shortly he did some updating on his printing machines and now they can print in colour, as we have seen in the last edition. Joe has big dreams , maybe start a bigtown newspaper one day or even a monthly Magazine of some kind like the popular *Popular Mechanics* magazine that everyone seems to be buying these days.

pic8b

The building that Mr Bean Owns, is one of the first ones that was built in Access, still in very good condition. It has also now inherited a small terrain where the highway once was, a perfect place to maybe build an add-on one day.

pic8c

Alex Puto is the Chief Engineer of the Bridge building site in Phlox, we know that by now. He just lately was a little harrassed by his big Boss John Gabber because they are a little too slow as planned. Alex was born in Frampton and finished his College and University there also. He has a masters degree in engineering of structural buildings and bridges. Mr Puto still lives in Frampton though, his home appartment is there, but he also has a small appartment out here in Access, which he uses more and more often to be as close as possible to his work. Just before starting his work for Gabber, he used to also live in the Keys (Florida,USA) for a short time, having started to love boating as a passtime.
His home in Access is just behind the Gabberpark in one of the older buildings of Access.

pic9a

Alex, now 30 years old, is still not married, probably because of the very little free time he has. His appartment in Access being very close to the Gabber park, he started to enjoy to see the weekly soccergames that are held there regulary during the summermonths. Wishing that he could go back to the Keys during the wintermonths, he dreams of boating, but since three years the bridge construction does not stop and not allow him to spend frr time boating, especially now, since the delai of the bridge is getting bigger and bigger with each hour.
He loves it here in Access though, especially in the area where he lives now, quiet and clean, hardly no traffic and trees all around.

pic9b

In his homecity, Frampton, he lives in a big appartment on the 7th floor of a big high wealth appartment block with a tenniscourt just below. With his income he could build himself a nice home anywhere, but again I guess free time for this is a major factor again, which he doesn't have at the moment or maybe it is a choice he has and doesn't like to own his own home.

pic10a

In the picture below it will give you a good idea of the part of the city Alex Puto lives in. It is Highway 15 that we see right below his place, and it is somewhere there where the new highway 15 that goes through the Winding River Region will attach one day.
Seeing and hearing so much of Frampton lately, I guess we will have to take a serious tour of the 2.2 Million downtown one day in another update.

pic10b

And here is the updated picture of the Access area with all our character's homes....

pic11

...the Frampton area , to see the Frampton members of our characters live....

pic12

Ok, that's it again, I will be gone (on another forum) for a week or so, have to do the updates for the GRVII Challenge, so you folks have all the time needed to leave lots and lots of comments. ;) I'll be around to check though.

Have a nice weekend and don't do what I wouldn't do, ok? ;)

Fred

Characters from the Winding River Story:

Nethaniel Wellington.......danielcote
Riichirou Takahaschi.......just_a_guy
Guy Racsan..................NASCAR_GUY
Michael Arven...............mightygoose
Johnny B.Badd..............nedalezz
George and Pat Westwood.....CabraBuitre (not yet arrived)
Gregory Badger............frostwolf (not yet arrived)
Tom Kohler..................Rusty XL
Jordan Meadon.............canyonjumper
Diarmuid MacGormain.....The Tea Cat
Barby White.................BarbyW
Steve Gibson...............Cyclone 1001
Terry Slye...................threestooges
Alex Puto....................Driftmaster07
Charlie Gabber..............myself ;)
Harry Wormwood..........MattyFo (not yet arrived)
Charles M. Johnson.......emgmod (not yet arrived)

Other (secondary) characters from our members above:

Mr Tony Racsan..............................GuyRacsan's father
Ristead and Finula MacGormain...........Diarmuid's Parents
Jerry Meaden..................................Jordan Meaden's father
Michael and Kathryn Westwood..........Westwood Twin's parents

And the characters that I have added to the story:

Richard Welder..............Outfitter in Phlox
John Gabber..................CEO  of the Constructionhalf of Gabber Inc
John Gabber Jr, Vera, Melody-Ann, William,Charlie, Mary Moondall.....
John Gabber's family
Gary Gabber (wife Jackie Melhorn).....CEO of the Financial Half of Gabber Inc and John's brother
Mike Allheimer (wife Liza vanHove)....Project Manager of Gabber Inc
Henry Gabber (wife Marlene)......Gabber's parents
Andy Dubold................Former Foreman
July Olsen....................Ray's daughter and owner of the Olsen Pub
Robert Sweathers.........WWII pilot
Johann Beahan(JoeBean).....Access Tribune Owner
Paul Hubert................1st Mayor of Access
Steven Bartlett...........2nd Mayor of Access
Lucy.........................First terrain owner and founder of Access
Rundi Sterling.............Richest man in Simland
Adrien McCoy..............Environmentalist

...and some other minor ones that either only pass through the region and yet to come.

Cyclone1001

You take interactive to a whole new level...

Tomas Neto

Wow, really a very big and fantastic update!!! Great work again!!!  :thumbsup:

nedalezz

Access looks great, its fun reading about all these characters, you certainly dont leave any detail without mention. Great update.

KoV Liberty

Very nice! I love the info on my character! You always do an exceptional job on the "Where do They Live" series!

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

canyonjumper

Excellent update! So many details to remember ;D! Eagerly awaiting more!

Your friend, Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

scott1964

Nice update, can I get in on this.  :D

kimcar

&apls &aplsGreat update . You do a big job to do a MD like it . All these characters make you busy  ;D Have fun :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

Quote from: scott1964 on March 06, 2010, 09:21:59 PM
Nice update, can I get in on this.  :D

scott1964, I sent you a PM with the details for your character in WRP, had some serious problem sending it to you, so you might have a few copies of that....;)...if so, sorry.

Thanks for dropping in Cyclone, Tomas, nedalezz, KoV Liberty and Canyonjumper.

kimcar, yes, it is quite a job to keep track of them all. I got lotsa papers and notes all over my computer....lol ;)

Have a nice sunday
Fred

frostwolf

Sergeant, huh? I figured Gregory wouldn't make buck private. Shows what I know. ;)

Looks good so far, Fred. Looking forward to seeing what you do with this. :thumbsup: