• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nedalezz

Great little update, it seems like downtown Access is really developing.

KoV Liberty

I liked the update! Funny how you edited the wiki in PS. :P $%Grinno$%

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

calibanX

Excellent Fred. I love the wiki of Harland Sanders KFC. I hope those kids get their school soon so they can get out of the basement of that church.

Take care.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

danielcote

Nice. I like that the downtown aria is getting better!

MattyFo

I'm glad to year those two homes will not be affected by the new Soccer Field!!  I like how downtown Access is developing into a very realistic center!

-Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

canyonjumper

Great update, Fred! Access sure is developing ;D

Your friend,
                        Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

mrbisonm

Thanks for the feedback and I 'm glad you like the way the little downtown is developping and growing. By the end of this sunday I will have another small update to upload. ;)  Sorry, won't have the time to do this, be back later this week......

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Battlecat

That water hole is a space that would be worth hanging onto as a wetland park if they're expecting this city to get large!  Great couple updates!

armagin

Nice place... Ill admit I have been a major lurker here for a while. I like the inclusion of a large deal of growable content... Plopped content is too easy! That lake reminds me of something like that in my town! we go down to the lake to... do... well... stuff... and things. (don't put a cop shop nearby ;)
Check out a journey through Heavenshire over on Simtropolis: http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=716

mrbisonm

Battlecat, maybe keeping it for a wetland Park it would be a little toosmall and not very well located, but as a regular townpark, it could be useful and appreciated.

armagin, thanks for coming forward from behind your lurker curtain, and welcome to my MD. Glad you like it. About the growables, I must add that I probably have about 80% of the town growable. Sometimes I have to destroy *growers* amny many times before I get something that looks ok in that specific spot, and then a lot of times I write the story after something grew. It makes it interesting for me also, and anyways, you never know what grows, it's always a surprize, especially with my 16K Plugin files. ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

Just a teaser and something so you wouldn't get bored while I'm busy elsewhere. ;)

««" I flew over West River yesterday and you wouldn't believe what I saw," John Gabber handed over a picture to Mike, Slye and his father Henry on the usual Friday afternoon meeting at Barby's Biergarten in Access Center." Sorry the picture isn't clear. It was raining like crazy and I was about to get shot down by army helicopters when I took it."
"What?" Henry shouted, and everyone in the pub turned to him. Then he silently continued:" What the heck exactly do you mean by getting shot down by helicopters?" Everyone at the table turned to John and looked at him impatiently to get the answer.
John: " Well, I couldn't resist my curiosity and had to fly over that place they said to have found those rockskulls last year, but as I was approaching West River I was radioed by the Army to inform me that the area is closed for airtraffic and I should turn away. So I did.....but just a little to still have the chance to see the area. It was cloudy and I couldn't see nothing much but still knew though where that place was. I know the area very well by now." John gorged down his beer and continued," The Army told me again to leave and I started to see two helicopters on my left side. I told them that I am leaving and can't find the way since it is too cloudy and my instruments didn't function properly, but they didn't buy it. Then I saw these big structures on the picture, took the prepared camera and shot through the window quickly, while at the same time they told me that I would have 10 seconds to turn offward or else they will shoot me down....I'm not nuts, so I left and turned away. They even followed me for several miles before turning back. Let me tell you, those helicopters were mean looking."
" Wow" said Slye, " that surely must 've been an adventure"
"What is that thing anyways on the picture, looks like some buildings and strange towerlike structures?" Mike asked.
John: "I have nooo idea but last week Alex told me that he could see some strange looking things at the horizon from the big bridge in Phlox they're building. He never could figure what it was, but I think that he meant this."
" This is really getting stranger", Henry rubbed his nose and looked at the picture again" They're up to something more mysterious than we expect".»»

The discussion in the Biergarten went on right into the night. Just before leaving, Mike hold back John by the shoulders and told him that he is going to get to the bottom of this. John told him not to do anything stupid, but Mike assured him not to worry and to remember that he was one of the special offense units in WWII.

Fred

just_a_guy

That last teaser was definitly interesting. I guess I had a similar idea in mind as to what the army would be doing there, but it still is a mystery as to "why in THAT place?"
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

Cyclone1001

Battlecat

Fascinating.  There are mysterious things afoot!

Nice work with the photo editing!

NASCAR_Guy

Quote from: just_a_guy on March 17, 2010, 09:45:58 PM
That last teaser was definitly interesting. I guess I had a similar idea in mind as to what the army would be doing there, but it still is a mystery as to "why in THAT place?"

Cause of the skulls that give us super human powers of course!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

canyonjumper

Now I'm really interested! Can't wait Fred!

Your friend,
                            Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

frostwolf

Anybody want to take bets on how long it's going to take before the first "alien cafe" arrives in Access, or the first "alien abductions" take place?

It's not so much what's going on at that base that interests me, but what people are going to do to profit off of it. See, I live in Nevada right now, fairly close to those bases that Cyclone mentioned, and there is a booming tourist trade from all those suckers looking for little green men, especially on the Extraterrestrial Highway. Based on what I've seen around here, now that the military in Winding River is threatening lethal force, there's going to be a huge rush of crazies to find out what's so secret, and a whole slew of conspiracy theories. There will naturally be a large boom of businessmen who are perfectly willing to give them what they want. Too bad Gregory Badger's such a straight arrow; otherwise he could make a killing off of this. ;)

mrbisonm

Well, there's a lot of conspiracy and curiosity going on here in this thread, but I was just wondering.....did I mention extraterrestrials anywhere?

haha...got ya there somehow, .....maybe there is?

anyways it is interesting to read what you can all make out of this, just like the folks in Access. :)

just_a_guy , that is indeed a good question. I wish I had an answer for this. ;)

Cyclone1001, nahhh, not quite, that already exists. Maybe area 47 ?....lol

NASCAR_Guy, you mean super *simpower*,hm..... maybe not.

frostwolf, good observation about this giving profits to the region somehow sometime.But no green little things walking around.

I'll have more tonight, the story continues........

Fred

Cyclone1001