• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Thanks for all the comments and surely pleasing me that you enjoy it all.

frostwolf, I'm surprized (lol) that you haven't got any *green little men* there with all that talk about your area, must be worldwide known I guess. ;)

Quote from: scott1964 on March 21, 2010, 10:34:30 PM
Looking good. Can't wait for my character to appear.  :P $%Grinno$%

Paul Donovan is about to arrive, maybe in the next update if I can. He will be one of the most important people implicated in finding out what's going on in West River, maybe even shine some light on it.  ;)

Have a nice week.

Fred

....found a way to make the picture clearer..... ;)

enjoy the suspense

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mightygoose

at first i thought it might have been the maxis yuksam (63) buildings but quite clearly it is not, this excites me further.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

MattyFo

Perhaps it is a Concentration Camp????  just throwing it out there!

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

Battlecat

Interesting update, that's quite a huge structure hiding in the blur there!

NASCAR_Guy

naw, that obviously a scientific lab!
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

mrbisonm

kimcar

mrbisonm

*Who lives Where*

Fourth of a set of Five.

We're back with our series "who lives where". Today we have 6 characters of The Winding River Project, who will help building the region.

Let's start with our Access second and present Mayor Steven Bartlett. Born in a little village in 1936 near Lakefield called Raytown, Steven studied without finishing one, all kinds of things in Frampton, even some biology, sociology, Buissness Management, Denturology and Physiology. He never knew what he really wanted. Married to his wife Helen Mainhosen, he has 2 children now, Norman and Theresa. In 1962 he moved to Access and became instantly a part of the town's new council, where at that time Paul Hubert was mayoring. One year later, Steven applied as a Mayor in the election and was chosen by the majority of the population for his spirits to make this a heavenly town one day and promissing a beautiful and safe future with his Mayorship. Now at the age of 30 years old, he is starting to get to know what mayoring is all about, having several problems to hold up with the needs of the ever so fast growing population of Access.
Only last year he had bought a nice home on Nareville street, right in front of the President of the Yarman Enterprises from Sandom.

pic1

As we can see here, the Mayor lives almost in the backyard of the shopping Center in a more quieter  neighborhood.

pic2

Riichirou Takahaschi, born from japanese parents in 1932 in Frampton, was the responsable to build a neighborhood in the upper half of Access for the last two years, but then all of sudden was put on hold and unemployment until a few weeks ago. Riichirou lives with his sister on the third floor of this appartment below, who works for the town as a secretary at the moment. Having come close to move to Japan last month to search for work, he was approached by Rundi Sterling and the Lakefield Housing and Development Ministry to design the newly planned town in Phlox for 1967. He was glad to get this offer and accepted it willingly. His job was garanteed for the next ten years.
Now that he is back into buissness and with an excellent pay I must say, he rehired his own sister for the mission to build a town in Phlox. As a Cityplanner and Civil Engineer, he used to job for a big construction Company in Frampton until he was offered the job in Access, which was unfortunetly only for two years, but with good pay. His parents have moved to Access prior to him and still live in the southern part of the town where his father is still working as a director for a small Manufacturing Company.
He has another sister that is currently working in Japan. While he was afraid not to be able to pay his rent for the duplex he had last year, he and his sister moved to a small appartment in the west of Access, close to the agricultural plains.
Mr Takahaschi is not married and 33 years old at the time.

pic3

pic4

We got to know a little of Michael Arven when he designed several houses and homes on the Grasslake at the age of 16 years old, including both Gabber weekend homes. Found  and encouraged by John Gabber to continue designing homes and other structures, Mike is now studying to become an Designer/architect in the Frampton University after having earned his collegial diploma in architecture this year.
Born in Frampton in 1946, he is now 19 years old and living somewhere in Frampton (first picture below)  where he goes to College. His father lives in Bluebay (pictures 5 and 6 below), where Mike still spends most of his time when out of studies. Dad is an accountant in Bluebay for some Company that has been established a long time ago and seems to have a good income, judging by his home.
Michael' s mother died some years back and he and his little brother were and are being raised by his father and a Nanny called Lizzy. As a bigtown kid for his Parkouring around the city, Michael is well known with his favourite activities in the neighborhood, which he tries to do as much as free times allow him to do. Training to become a Master of Double Kong, young Arven can be seen on the streets and in between the buildings every weekend.

pic5a

pic5

pic6

While we are in Bluebay, I would like to mention something about the biggest News that is posted in downtown Bluebay nowadays. Industries have become sort of overflowing the southern part of the town and the Dition river that flows into the Bay is being somewhat killed by pollution. Many citizens of the town have realized that Bluebay is not always as blue as its name. They ask themselves what will it be in ten or twenty years. This is the very first time that the population has been complaining about pollution in Simland seeing hundreds of fish die every day..

pic7

Back to "who lives where" we now get to meet the richest man in Frampton, Mr Rundi Dell Sterling. Born as an Aboriginal Native in 1902 in Frampton, Mr Sterling is now 63 years old. His father was an important inventer in the late 19th century, making his fortune with all kinds of little ideas. Rundi as the only child leaned over to investing his inherited fortune into insurance and financial matter to become the richest man in the biggest City of Simland only after a few years he took over. His ancestors used to live in the Winding River Region, where he owns thousand and thousands of acres of land. For example most of the Stoke County is in his posession and a big part of the bigger swamp region beyond Stoke also belong to him. Rundi is married since almost 40 years and has 8 children, all of which are already alone standing adults by now, married and have children of their own.
He and his wife Tyl'a live near his own Office Tower in Downtown Frampton in the penthouse suite. This building is his own also.
Now owning many Office buildings all around the Nation, many Insurance Companies and worldwide Financial Institutions, Mr Sterling has immense powers in the Simland's Senate and Government. As a fairly good, generous, but sometimes cold man, he loves horses and has several hundreds of them, some worth a little fortune on their own. He also is very, very fanatic about midieval times, having bought a few castles and their contents in Europe in the last ten years. His living room looks like it came from the 13th century.

pic8

pic9

Sterling's number one confidential is George Troy. He was born in 1895 in a land where people were still harrassed because of their skincolour. His black parents immigrated to Reverant (north of the Winding River region) to find peace, respect and work in the late 19th century when he was only 2 years old. As soon as he reached his 8th year, George was hired to take care of the garden of the father of Rundi Sterling, their neighbors at the time. He worked for the family ever since, meaning he is loyal to them since 62 years. Later, when Rundi took over, Mr Troy became his number 1, taking care of the farmworkers, horsetrainers, breeders, gardeners etc. He is THE Sterling foreman so to say.
George was granted to own a big piece of land on the borders of Sterling's land near Stoke where he now lives since last year when the first roads arrived. He is a kind man with a lot of wisdom and knowledge, loving nature and animals. His wife died 12 years ago and his two children are working in the cities of Simland. Mr Sterling is about to build an immense ranch nearby Stoke to gather all his horses together in one place and have a sort of Natural refuge for him build, and George is to see after it getting done. He already started working in his own garden, as he worships growing vegetables.

pic10

As we see here, George Troy lives in North Sterling in an area forested beyond our sight. These forests are mostly of medium sized Hardwoods, lesser value at the moment for logging.

pic11

Whenever the highway moves along the valley, every 10 kilometers or so, the Highway workers and Loggers build their own little village, which contains mostly places to rest, sleep, eat and meet. And while we are in the area I thought that we'd had a closer look at it. Here is where the workers will come after every working shift. There are 4 of these little "villages" around the highway's construction sites, moving along while it advances into the region. Most of the workers sleep here during the week instead of going home and travel many miles to get there and back every day.

pic11z

And here is the last character of our story for today's update.
Not yet been introduced and arrived, Harry Wormwood was born in New Jersey, USA in 1938 and immigrated to Sandom some years ago, just south of the Winding River region. He and his wife Maria Torregrossa just had a newborn son which they call Aldo. Harry has been working for the biggest new car dealer in Sandom for 4 years now and has in mind to open a cardealership in Access Center on his own with his 27 years, which at the moment has none of it yet. Maybe a perfect idea to make his dream come true one day. He lives near the Sandom Center in an appartment, just beside his Boss (green roofed house below in picture)

pic12

Below is also shown the place where Harry works.

pic13

Hope this was another well-ended update of the series "Who Lives Where". Only one more of this series, before we continue the story of  *The Winding River Project*.

Have a nice weekend.

Fred

MattyFo

YAY!!! my character finally made an apperance!!!  A little off topic, you are french canadian, yes??? You say at the end "Only one more of this series"........... &ops hopefully not I love seeing a map of where everyone lives in the region

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

nedalezz

You really know how to make a story come to life! Another fantastic update. It is great getting to know the characters and all their backstories, as well as seeing where they live.

mrbisonm

Quote from: MattyFo on March 28, 2010, 02:44:32 AM
YAY!!! my character finally made an apperance!!!  A little off topic, you are french canadian, yes??? You say at the end "Only one more of this series"........... &ops hopefully not I love seeing a map of where everyone lives in the region

Well, not quite french Canadian....lol....but a little more complicated. Born in Sweden from half Swedish/German father and half Hungarian/German mother, raised in Germany near Aachen (Aix-La-Chapelle) until age of 16, then lived in Inuit Country for 4 years and in French Canada (Québec) ever since. That's about how mixed my existance is.... ;), but I feel like a German *Québecois* , surtout après presque 40 ans de vie ici.
An updated map of where everyone is living is coming later today, including an index of who presents what character in the story, and then a complete map after the last of the series of "Who lives where".
After a few years into the story again, once everyone is well established (maybe in 1975) , I will bring you another series like this, but this time, showing where everyone works.
nedalezz,I think knowing the characters better right from the start will increase the intensity of the story later on when things really start to evolve. Thanks for the compliment. ;)

Fred

KoV Liberty

Nice work! Quite some family history there with ya. Looking foreward!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

mrbisonm

Ok, here are the Maps of each Region which has some characters residing. There are four Regions which I have not yet shown and which do not have any characters yet. They are the *Buff Mountain Region* with its small city of Longlake, *Lakestead Region* with the Capitol City Lakefield, the *Winding River Outlet Region* with the town of Belleminton and last the *Meadow Region* with its town of Palamino. All can be seen or partially seen where they are located on the Regions Map below. On this General map, as I call it, all regions that I use in my Story of "The Winding River Project", ten (10) of them, are shown exactly where they are, so you can make yourself an idea how they are connected with each other. I will try to remake this map with better details one day. This map I have used since the beginning of this MD.

generalmap

This is the *Winding River Regional Map* with Access Center and all the other small villages, where the Mainstory is told. The story is called *The Winding River Project*, project is to civilize and develop the region which should take about 75 years or so. Here live the following characters and their owners at the moment:

Robert Sweathers...........me
Gregory Badger..............frostwolf
Terry S.Slye..................threestooges
George Troy..................me
Tony Racsan.................NASCAR_Guy
Guy Racsan...................NASCAR_Guy
John Gabber Sr..............me
Andy Dubold..................me
Mike Allheimer................me
Nethaniel Wellington.......danielcote
Riichirou Takahaschi.......just_a_guy
Barby White..................BarbyW
Steven Bartlett..............me
Diar MacGormain............TheTeaCat
Johnny B. Badd..............nedalezz
Joe Bean.......................me
Alex Puto......................KoV Liberty (driftmaster07)

WRRegion

This is the Beecherfalls Regional Map. It does not have any charcters yet, but because we have mentioned it several times before, I thought that I might as well show it today.

Beecherfalls

This is the famous Bluebay Region, one of the most beautiful ones. Here live the following characters:

John Gabber.................me
Gary Gabber.................me
Henry Gabber...............me
Helena Gabber.............me
Gregory Badger............frostwolf
Michael Arven..............mightygoose

Bluebay

This below is the big Frampton Regional map. Here live the following characters:

Rundi Sterling...............me
T.S.Slye......................threestooges
Alex Puto....................KoV Liberty (driftmaster07)
Michael Arven..............mightygoose

Frampton

This here is the Reverant Regional Map, another one that does not have any characters, but soon to get a few. Again, we have talked about it earlier and I thought it would be nice to show it.

Reverant

And finally here is the smaller Sandom Regional Map where for the moment only one character lives :

Harry Wormwood...........MattyFo

sandom

If you have seen some of our characters more than once different maps, it is because they either have two homes or live at two places at the same time; more can be read in the story. I hope that I haven't forgotten anyone.....

There are still more to come in the next *Who Lives Where* Update. The following will be mentioned:

Robert Yome................me (not yet introduced)
Charles M. Johnson......emgmod
Jordan Meaden............canyonjumper
George and Patrick Westwood.......CabraBuitre
Steve Gibson..............Cyclone1001
Paul Donovan..............scott1964
Richard Welder............me
John Gabber Jr.............me
Kyle Roberts................me
Tom Kohler.................RustyXL
Adrien McCoy..............me

I will try to present them in one update, if not....well, there will still be two *Who Lives Where* updates to come.

At the end of all the character's introductions, I will show all the ten Maps that I use in our story.
Have a nice sunday and week and hopefully you enjoyed this update, it was a lot of work......lol (so to speak) ;)
The next update will have some more news of Access and its surroundings. Some astonishing pictures with new and never seen before BATs by me (Nexis)...... Later this week.

Fred

Cyclone1001

Nice, very nice. I have a question, though. Is there a limit to how many characters you can have? If no, then I could think of 4-5 more people!

mrbisonm

Quote from: Cyclone1001 on March 28, 2010, 05:32:52 PM
Nice, very nice. I have a question, though. Is there a limit to how many characters you can have? If no, then I could think of 4-5 more people!

Well, of course somewhere there is a limit of how many characters I can handle, and I am close to that. Though there is still room for 2 or 3 more, but I would like to keep them for those regular readers and lurkers out there, if they decide to step forward and become part of the story.
I myself have a dozen or so more characters, but like I said, rather keep it for one or more of  our readers.
Thanks for the offer. ;)

Fred

just_a_guy

A great update Fred. I see my character has had hard times but getting back up is what really counts!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

Battlecat

Another great batch of updates!  I always enjoy these looks around your regions. 

mightygoose

superb update, great to see everything in place.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

canyonjumper

Great updates, Fred! Sorry I haven't been around lately, I've been helping CSGdesign over at CSGforums. Looking forward to the last (two) "Who Lives Where" update(s)!

Your friend,
                           Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

NASCAR_Guy

Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave