• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NASCAR_Guy

Is it possible that Porolium could be harvested and used as either a positive fuel or a deadly poision for military purposes?
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

KoV Liberty

Hey Fred. Sorry I haven't been here in a while. Nice update! I don't seem to have any questions as of know.

Alex

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

CabraBuitre

Bob Miller, Highwood Register, a follow up please...

You just changed your statement.  You had said in your statement that Porolium is "not very dangerous" but in answering my question, you said that it is "very lethal and poisonnous."  Which is it?

And how can you be confident that the deposit is only in this one area?

Check out Abelfarei!

canyonjumper

Is it possible for Porolium to be used in industry?
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Cyclone1001

Epic sweetness! I can hardly believe what is going on, it seems like everything is going to change. For better or for worse.

MattyFo

Mr. Miller brings up a good point (stole my darn question!!),  if you found a small Perolium leak in this area, is it possible that their could be some bigger leaks all over the region?  With all the exploration and expansion of the region, someone could easily stumble upon one and be killed!

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

mrbisonm

Quote from: NASCAR_Guy on April 05, 2010, 06:16:32 PM
Is it possible that Porolium could be harvested and used as either a positive fuel or a deadly poision for military purposes?

«Colonel Neil Myers answering: "Like I said before, Porolium is NOT flammable and therefore not useful for energetic combustion. Also will the military not consider using it in warfare as a deadly weapon."

Quote from: CabraBuitre on April 05, 2010, 06:49:28 PM
Bob Miller, Highwood Register, a follow up please...

You just changed your statement.  You had said in your statement that Porolium is "not very dangerous" but in answering my question, you said that it is "very lethal and poisonnous."  Which is it?

And how can you be confident that the deposit is only in this one area?

"The idea is that Porolium in these small quantities that were leaking from the rock are not dangerous to anyone, but in great quantities it can be lethal. There are many leaks like this not only in the region but also elsewhere, but the quantities are totally insignificient and not even worth mentioning. In this case, which is the first in our Nation, Porolium was present in a greater amount that even some Powerline workers got sick from it. Future studies will reveil the amount of Porolium stored underground."

Quote from: canyonjumper on April 05, 2010, 07:04:06 PM
Is it possible for Porolium to be used in industry?

"Again, like I said before, Porolium is not anything for our benefice at the moment. Maybe in the future we will find a possibility to put it to good use."

Quote from: MattyFo on April 05, 2010, 11:18:57 PM
Mr. Miller brings up a good point (stole my darn question!!),  if you found a small Perolium leak in this area, is it possible that their could be some bigger leaks all over the region?  With all the exploration and expansion of the region, someone could easily stumble upon one and be killed!

"We doubt it greatly that any bigger leaks in the region can be found in the future. We have already surveyed most of the coastland's mountainous regions and no other important leaks have been detected. Several Survey Companies and Road construction Companies will be advised of this matter and supplied with  Porolium detectors.
I can assure you that there are no dangers at all implicated with this Porolium find in West River. Not dangerous to you and not to the rest of the nature.
Right here in the middle of the Capitol City, we are all breathing in Porolium in very small quantities ever since simanity exist. It's just like eating oranges. You eat one or two and everything is fine, eat several hundreds a week and you'll die of poisoning.

More questions?"

The Colonel looking around with an assuring look in his eyes. On the screens at the TV Studio where the press conference is held, some pictures of the military installations were shown. The first close ups of the towers and the surroundings are reveiled.

Colonel Myers pointed to the screens where the pictures were shown and said,
" Here are some pictures taken with one of our helicopters to give you an idea what the base, valve towers and the area look like at the moment. I hope that this will satify your curiosity." »

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

KoV Liberty

Hey Fred, I have a question:

"If this gas is indeed not deadly in small amounts, then a large amount must be leaking from the ground to produce such secrecy and worry from the government. Porolium has obviosly existed in the Simworld for ages, this may possibly be the death of the skull people that have said to live around this region. What we need to know is there any possibility we are in danger of dying from Porolium if more leaks from the world, what amount is lethal, and how it will affect our daily lives? For God's sake, tell the public Colonel Myers!"

;)

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

soulchaser

Colonel Myers, I'm a Geographer and came here because of the remains of the skullpeople. I would have a question based upon some information, you didn't provide yet. So I hope someone else might ask this, *...looking at the other people...* if I'm not allowed to ask another one.

So can you tell us what particular molecular base this so called Porolium is of? Is it carbon, nitrogen or sulfur based?

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

penguin007

That is looking like some serious construction so it must be something exciting!!

Will

NASCAR_Guy

I not that there re what appear to be storage buildings, what are they for?
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

mightygoose

why so many trucks? and is that a site for a third valve tower in that square???
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Cyclone1001

I think this could be good and bad. Good- increased interest brings people. Bad- one mistake could mean massive death.

Battlecat

Crazy stuff going on.  Interesting story updates lately!

mrbisonm

Quote from: KoV Liberty on April 06, 2010, 10:23:20 AM
I have a question:

"If this gas is indeed not deadly in small amounts, then a large amount must be leaking from the ground to produce such secrecy and worry from the government. Porolium has obviosly existed in the Simworld for ages, this may possibly be the death of the skull people that have said to live around this region. What we need to know is there any possibility we are in danger of dying from Porolium if more leaks from the world, what amount is lethal, and how it will affect our daily lives? For God's sake, tell the public Colonel Myers!"
Alex

«Colonel Myers: " We don't know for certain what the cause of death of the skull people was, surely not the gas. The leak wasn't and never has been that important. We didn't even know for sure that this civilization ever existed until about a year ago when the powerline workers discovered their settlement. At this time we have not found any positive evidence of their existance either, no bones nor nothing else of proof have yet been discovered. That is in the hands of the archeologues and scientists.
As for the amount of lethal porolium, it is about 0.4 to 0.5 %. Now it is 0.012 at this moment, which is quite normal and it was 0.128 % when we discovered it. Again, you see there never has been any danger whatsoever."

Quote from: soulchaser on April 06, 2010, 11:30:46 AM
Colonel Myers, I'm a Geographer and came here because of the remains of the skullpeople. I would have a question based upon some information, you didn't provide yet. So I hope someone else might ask this, *...looking at the other people...* if I'm not allowed to ask another one.

So can you tell us what particular molecular base this so called Porolium is of? Is it carbon, nitrogen or sulfur based?

"What exactly the gas is made of or it's chemical composition , you would be better off talking to one of our scientists. But this is what I know. Porolium Gases are in the Carboxylate acid groups, therefore lethal for Sims and animals in greater quantities, above 0.5%. They're in the acidic gas groups. I also know that no sulphur is known to be part of it. This gas has not been scientificly fully probed yet, very little is known about it components and although we can find it anywhere in Simland in very small quantities. We know for sure that it is an asphyxiant gas in a pure state.
Maybe this discover will give our chemists and scientists a chance to study its components and find out more about it's positive and negative affinities."

Quote from: NASCAR_Guy on April 06, 2010, 08:06:05 PM
I not that there re what appear to be storage buildings, what are they for?

"The storage buildings as you name them, are simple hangars for the army's materials used for the training of our soldiers. These are part of the new armybase and not of the porolium subject. By the way, seeing that the army is settling in for good with a permanent training base should be enough proof of the area being totally secure."

Quote from: mightygoose on April 06, 2010, 11:22:43 PM
why so many trucks? and is that a site for a third valve tower in that square???

"The trucks transport all our materials needed for the construction of the base and the materials that come with it. The construction site you see is simple for some buildings for the base, nothing to do with being another valve, nor the gas."
After this answer, Colonel Myers closed his notebook and turned a last time to the journalists and cameras saying, " I hope this has been constructive enough to assure you of the security of the new base in West River. I thank you for the questions and please feel free to have a cup of tea or coffee in the backroom. Thank You.", and he turned away leaving the studio without looking back nor answering anymore questions.
The public  pressconference is over now.»

At the Gabber's home in Grasslake, the gang turned off the television, which has been bringing them the live presscoference. Again Mike stood up, looking at his frineds and couldn't resist saying that it was simple armysh** to him, not believing one word. John Gabber calm him down, trying to make him realize that the Colonel brought up a lot of facts and sounded quite assuring in this matter. Mike still didn't believe it, mentioning that this is NOT finished yet. He also said that he will be talking to the Powerline workers that worked there and found the site, seeing if they know anything about this situation.
Slye mentioned that the Colonel words were enough to him to proof the innocense of this matter, but Alex Puto kept an eyebrow up high, and somehow supporting Mike's opinions. Young Steve Gibson, the bushpilot, wasn't too much reassured neither and all he could do is shaking his head, letting everyone know that he is a little confused.

Back in Access, the population took this pressconference quite positively and most of them went back to their daily chores as usual. The matter seems to be accepted and closed for the majority of the citizens. That evening the town of Access was back to its normal state.

I will be back this week with the final *WHO LIVES WHERE* subject.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

MattyFo

I myself am not convinced either!  There were alot of flaws in Colonel Myers answers and many did not add up, If there are so many of these leaks why build the towers here and here only?  I understand the press conference is over so I'm not expecting an answer.

-Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

KoV Liberty

As my character, I AM NOT convinced by this either. So inconclusive, too many gaps... Unless the aea is open to the public, I am not convinced. ;)

Alex

Adrian, I miss you man.

Cyclone1001

Why are you so reassuring? Usually people pretend nothing is there when talking about things this "top secret", so what has changed? Thats what I want to know.

scott1964

Finally my character is mentioned.  $%Grinno$% :P

threestooges

I don't know. I'm still not sure everything's on the up-and-up, but I suppose a new military base in the area will be good for the local businesses (not complaining about the lumber business at all either). He'll take their money, but the second Slye catches catches wind of something... well, let's just hope it doesn't come to that. Nice update and press conference Fred. Some good thought went into those answers it seemed.
-Matt