• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Hey jmyers2043 and Gringamuyloca
both your characters have been accepted, maybe now we will have a spicy chicken wing inventor and a future trucking king in our story.
I sent both of you a PM with some basic information that I need to enter these characters into my story, please send me the answers to those questions as soon as you can. Your characters will stay alive as long as you visit this MD once in awhile and leave a comment.

Have fun now

Fred ;)

Edit: If there are still others interested in having a character in the story, let me know.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

lak47

Quote from: mrbisonm on July 19, 2011, 07:47:44 PM
Edit: If there are still others interested in having a character in the story, let me know.

Hey Mr. Bison! It's Lak47 here, you may know me from SIMPEG :D

I've been visiting your MD quite often, but never commented or replied, plus I love the Nexis LOTs and props, and use them extensively for personal LOTing.

So, what do I have to do to get a character in your superb MD?! :)

mrbisonm

Quote from: lak47 on July 23, 2011, 07:38:42 AM

Hey Mr. Bison! It's Lak47 here, you may know me from SIMPEG :D

I've been visiting your MD quite often, but never commented or replied, plus I love the Nexis LOTs and props, and use them extensively for personal LOTing.

So, what do I have to do to get a character in your superb MD?! :)
Of course I know you.... ;), and you're welcome to our MD/CJ.
I will send you a PM later today with all the details needed to start a character in the story of the Winding River Project.
Got any idea in what "profession" line you want to have a career for him/her?

Fred

EDIT:
Oh btw, there will be an important update tonight, be there!
;)

mrbisonm

Update 74

Wednesday, June 7th, 1967
                           Today on this date ... then:

- 1654 – Louis XIV is crowned King of France.
- 1832 – Asian cholera reaches Quebec, brought by Irish immigrants, and kills about 6,000 people in Lower Canada.
- 1967 – Israeli forces enter Jerusalem during the Six-Day War.
- 1837 Born – Alois Hitler, father of Adolf Hitler (d. 1903)
- 1917 Born – Dean Martin, American singer and actor (d. 1995)
- 1940 Born – Tom Jones, Welsh singer
- 1958 Born – Prince, American musician
- 1974 Born – Bear Grylls, British adventurer and former soldier, now Chief Scout
[/size]

Plans and plans and more plans for the future of Access has mayor Bartlett in mind as he informs his citizens in a public appearance about his intentions for the next three years of his office. The demands of some of his citizens were finally heard and a golfcouse within the town's limits will soon see the light. The location was chosen inside the Valmore part of the town. Of course that enlightened some well known faces like Vito Scaletta, Terry Slye, Mike Allheimer and Steve Gibson, who are all golf fans and were desperately waiting for this.
Talking about Valmore, let's have a thorough visit through this part of the tow, that we rarely have visited in the last years. Close to the lake Valmore, the suburbs of Access have become a part of the town of Access itself, growing out of its size. As if a new downtown is in the developping, Valmore spreads northward.
Valmore will be "renovated", Mayor Bartlett told to the local paper yesterday, he is planning to invest more of the citizen's tax contribution into the northern half of Access in the following three years than spending his money inside the old part.
He was talking about commercial centers, schools, parks and a golfcourse, a new hitech industrial park and some more ORP's....? What?. "Organized Residential Placements" ? What is he talking about?

Anyways, let's have a closer look at some of the happenings and changes in this town. A few weeks ago a new dump was zoned at the northern lines of the municipality. The reason was that the dumpsite in Access Center near the Hydrodam is already filling up to much and that right here in this former wooded lot, sims have already and illegally dumped their garbage since years. So, the area was remodeled into a new dumpsite, which will also help to decrease the costs of the long transportation to the southern dumpsite.

Once officially opened, it wasn't too long before people brought their backyard piled garbage and the site became almost busier than the Access one for a few days. It is amazing to see what people throw away these days, says the dump guardian to the local newspaper after a week of the opening of the site. He saw things that he wouldn't believe that they could be purchased in this country.

In other parts of the town, some folks are definitively against the plans of Mayor Bartlett, who wants seriously to get rid of the old part of the town and transform it into tourist's paygrounds. He mentioned that the area needs new ideas to get people to come and stay and one excellent way is to draw in the tourists, which will bring the money and then of course new buissnesses and jobs. All is a matter of starting an action which will result in a re-action. Mayor Brainless, as some have started calling him, told the population whether or not they like it, it will be done in the next 5 years before he ends his mayorship. This are will become a public beach and owners of these homes will have five years to move out. Although the lots were well paid off, people didn't like the Mayor's idea.

Very sad news in the town of Valmore this week. One of our beloved character had a fatal car accident while driving to work. Well Known Civil Engineer of Access Center, Riichirou Takahaschi, died earlier this week in a carcrash northbound on the Access road. He must have been late to work, driving faster than usually and hit an oncoming fully loaded garbagetruck. Since he lived in the suburbs of Valmore, Takahaschi was demanded by his sister to be burried in the Valmore cemetary.
Everyone working for the town of Access was there and every office in town was closed for the day. Born in 1932 in Japan, he was about to reach his 35th birthday soon. The cityplanner was remembered on an engraved bronze plaque on the walls of the Cityhall's entrance in downtown Access Center.

Most of the lake Valmore's surroundings are swampy and somewhat inaccessible to build something useful on or around it. Again Mayor Bartlett is stirring up many different opinions within the population. "If a town doesn't grow, you might as well dig it under and put a cross on top of it" a slogan he already said before some years ago. People like Barby White,the Westwood family, Adrian McCoy and Tony Racsan (guy's father) which are true environmentalists, are totally against the idea of draining the swamp to make it habitable. Others see possibilities to either create a great new living space or making money with it.
The swamp however will not come cheap to drain, engineers of landscaping and environment will have to be hired to guarantee a safe haven once the land is ready for the buildings. Mayor Bartlett however has everything already thought out, and that is what scares some of the citizens.

Someone else who received the visit of some offficials from the environment department this week, was Mr Donovan, the owner of Donovan's Building Supplies in Valmore. After having built his new warehouse and having had his big opening sale, he forgot to clean up after. Leaving a lot of garbage behind, the wind is picking it up and meking deliveries of it to the neighborhood, which resulted in some complaints. Donovan received a 24 hr warning this time only, which could become a fine the next time it happens.

It was time that the second passengertrainstation was openend in the town of Access. This one here in Valmore will cut the traffic of the downtown station in half, which was already starting to fill up to its limits.
It was built beside the Clocktower where a second downtown is about to develop it seems. Since the last two years, offices seem to have found a new location to grow in the town. Since downtown lots are tight, more expensive and hard to get, many were implanted right here in Valmore, only a few hundred yards away from the actual downtown. This is one reason why the trainstation was built here also.

The mysterious "Valleysweeper", a wind that passes through uninhabitetd areas every 50 years or so, has found its way to the Winding River Region and swept the town for a few minutes with high dusty winds. The event caused only a few damages and only one cat was reported to have left its life.
This kind of ministorm was never experienced in a habited area yet, but often seen or heard of in deeper and wilder valleys on the eastcoast of Simland. They are total mysteries since they appear for no apparent reason and disappear as fast as they arrive. The dust they bring along is still of unknown origin. Some say that it comes from the african continent with higher altitude strong winds and falls down on the eastcoast when the winds slow down while reaching the mountains of Simland.

Another news that hit the frontpage of the Access Tribune this week was the lost cowherd that was seen on the soccerfield in Valmore near the National museum. One citizens said that it was time to mow the lawn and the cows did a good job, except they left some browish little elevations behind. The owner of these cows was informed and within an hour, they were back wandering through the streets of valmore towards their home, just outside of town near highway 15. No complaints were filed and some of the citizens had a nice "cowboy time" for a few minutes.

And finally a fullsized look over the Valmore part of Access Center and where it stands today. Growing like weed, the Valmore lake area will soon touch the west River limits in the north. Mayor Bartlett is really concentrating on Valmore these days, as he sees possibilities of modernday developments beyond his dreams. Further south of the town of Access, the foothills have been reached and the terrain limits the access to.....well....Access.

You liked it? Leave a comment. You didn't like it? Well, come back next time, maybe you will like it then... ;) Have a nice weekend, I'll be back soon.

Oh...btw, the boys in the Ganoga wilderness are doing fine, now that they're on the right track downwards to the swampy terrains. They will be back in the next update.

Fred

Remember that there is a 1966 fullsized detailed map of Access (updated every year of the story) here below:

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8523/wrp1966.png

and one of the Capitol City's region here:

http://www.imgnook.com/7FKo.png

...and in transport view:

http://www.imgnook.com/gLFo.png

Cyclone1001

Very nice update, as is usual for you.

lak47

Nice update!! I hope the swamp is left as it is! We dont need more concrete jungle in place of real jungle  :thumbsdown:

bat

Congrats on your third OSITM-award!
Also nice updates in this month...
Looking forward to more... ;)

jmyers2043

Hey Fred

Your characters will stay alive as long as you visit this MD once in awhile and leave a comment.

My goodness. I don't want Bob to get a nasty shock while working on a phone. I guess I'll be commenting all the time ... his fate is in my hands it appears.    %wrd   

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

threestooges

Nice progress on things Fred. As for the Sweeper, for what it looked like, if a bird and a cat were the only two casualties then things worked out pretty well. Nice use of the quirks of the game for that one.

As for the Mayor's plans, pity he's in office for that much longer... or pity that there's not more of a voice to check him. Ah well, should be interesting to see the developments at any rate. Hopefully that sophisticated drainage system doesn't stop up any time soon, or those homes will have an interesting time of things.

Nice work.
-Matt

nedalezz

Another fantastic update :)

Even if I'm extremely busy, I always make time to read through your updates! Love em!

sumwonyuno

Leave the swamp alone; it looks great from that view.   :)

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

mrbisonm

Thanks Cyclone1001, glad o see you again. Your character (Steve Gibson, the bushpilot) is about to have a serious adventure delivering supplies to the "Ganoga Boys", which now have finally reached the Ganoga lakes. ;) It will be in the second next update, but I'll talk about it in the next update before this weekend.

Well, you know how it is lak47,Mayor Bartlett seems to be very hard headed and not backing up on things he said. We better have a good last look at the Valmore lake swamps, because they will, like everything else, soon disappear and be replaced with homes. :(

bat, thanks, nice to see you again. ;)

It ain't that bad, Jim, you don't need to be there everytime. I only let characters disappear when I haven't seen their tutors for 5 or so updates or couple of months.
"Nasty shock while working on the phine lines"? Hmm, that gives me an idea for the entry story of Bob. ;)

Matt 3S, always glad to see you comment in my threads.
Yeah, the sweeper, that was probably a bug the game had when I once exited from a city tile to the regionview. I instantly had the idea of a duststorm when I saw this.....lol...so I added it to the story. Glad you liked it.
About those homes.....well, you'll see one day what will happen when you build to close to water........
By the way, T.S. Slye (your character) has a railroad construction in mind, for private use....In the second next update coming.

nedalezz, did you know that your character (Johnny B.Badd) was in prison for 48 hrs? Read all about it in the next update. ;)

sumwonyuno, yeah, you got to say that to the Mayor, get a character in the story and turn his hat around.....lol ;) How about it, I have seen you several times here, might as well jump in with the rest. Let me know and I'll PM you the details needed. (I'm hiring right now)

I will be back with another update later this week, hopefully before the weekend. We will talk about an update of the Ganoga boys, who finally reched the waters of the Ganoga Wilderness, three days later than planned. Then some small talk about some of our characters and also some news from the Town of Access Center.

Fred

Gringamuyloca

Quote from: Gringamuyloca on July 16, 2011, 08:34:56 PM
.... maybe you could use a truck driver???  ;D ... I can do that... :thumbsup: (My company motto: Anything, Anytime, Anywhere... Safely!)
Have a couple of tractors, 2 tridem-axle 45' flat deck trailers,  super b train and a lowbed for moving equipment up to 30 tonnes.

Hey jmyers2043 and Gringamuyloca
both your characters have been accepted,

I have been lurking here on and off since the beginning, but the recent development ^^ got me thinking I'd better read it again, in case I missed something 'important'. I am so glad I did!!

You have put together a very entertaining MD... I enjoy your stories within stories approach... and the characters  :thumbsup: are so very real. I like the little 'extras' you add in. The detail in your pictures as well as your characters has got me hooked! ;D

I will admit I got a little worried when Charlie Gabber became William for short time, and felt relief when Charlie reappeared! ;) 

Sorry to learn of Riichirou's demise...(IIRC  he was born in Frampton, his parents were from Japan) ;) (Page 22 update 2/3) , at least he will leave a mark on the WRP.

Update 63 had a shot that piqued my curiosity...

Is that 'just' a rock in the middle of the woods? In the lower left quadrant??? Maybe another 'find'? Or just my overactive imagination?

I can hardly believe those pics of Valmore in update 74! It is growing fast.. and I admit I'm ready for a round or two of golf myself... hopefully I'll be able to get a tee time once it's complete.

Enough for now... check your inbox :)

EDIT: ps Congratulations on your 3RD OSITM!
Tamara

mrbisonm

Gringamuyloca
Wow, not many have had me notice the errors that I made here and there during the story, sign that you're reading the story carefully.
Yes, Riichirou was born in Frampton and his parents were from Japan, sorry, forgot about that. I should have read his papernotes that I have of every character a little better.
I knew about Billy and Charlie (Charly sometimes...lol) exchange for that time (happened twice if I remember right) and once it was a few days old and no one told me, about it I thought, just leave it and forget about it, since no one has noticed it anyways. I somehow mixed them up.... %confuso That can happen also sometimes. lol. Nobody is perfect and surely I am on the list.

Glad that you accepted to enter with story with your character, Ann Bradley (truckdriver). She will be moving in from Goosebay to Access first in the second next update. (Gotta lot of packing to do... ;) )

Now about that grey thing in the middle of the forest.....lol...again, the only one who has noticed it is you, or at least has told us so.
Well, that looks like a giant rock to me, no? Could it be something else out there in the wooded flats? No one has been there yet, maybe we'll find out later.....much later.  ::) From the air no one noticed it either, besides Steve Gibson, the pilot, at one time, but he just thinks it's a big rock, and therefore has not mentioned it to anyone and probably forgotten all about it by now.

Btw, I have many little suspicious things like this hidden since the beginning of the story (did you see the giant crocodile in the Valmore lake yet (lol), or the airplane in the Ganoga swamp?) and I will get back to them one time, when someone discovers it. (just like the ruins of that city that the Ganoga boys just found lately.

Anyways, enjoy the story of Annie soon and be welcomed to the Winding River Project. ;)

Fred

Edit:

Here is a small teaser of what's soon coming up. Where did all the trees go in Access?

lak47

Oh dear, I think Access is totally no place for the green thumbs!  ;D

threestooges

Quote from: mrbisonm on July 26, 2011, 02:40:16 PM
railroad construction
You sure know how to get my attention. Love the preview of the Phlox farmland in the valley.

Also, as for the details, you do an excellent job filling your pictures with them, it's hard to pick them all out to discuss (a great thing and a very nice touch indeed).
-Matt

FrankU

Hi Fred,

It's time do confess...... :-[
I have no time to read all the long stories you tell in this history of Winding River. I am really sorry, but it just is that way.
I do look at your images though. And they are very often beautiful and full of interesting details.  :satisfied:
Also the image of the Phlox County. I see some very interesting large farms.
Makes me think: I see large barns with green, blue and white roofs. I could have used these for my upcoming stage 5 farms. But now your props are coming soon. So there is something that suits my taste better.

Gringamuyloca

:sunny:
Happy Birthday Fred!
May your birthday wish(es) come true!  :thumbsup:
Tamara

frostwolf

More mysterious doings in Access.

Looking good, Fred.

threestooges

Just noticed the main page. Happy birthday Fred.