• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

Quote from: mrbisonm on August 10, 2011, 06:30:17 PM
KoV Liberty, like I said before, lurker or not, as long as you leave a comment once in awhile, your character Alex Puto and Vito Scaletta will keep on being in the story. Rumours are that Vito has become friends with that Johnny B.Badd....like I said....rumours....  ::)

Cool, Johnny? Whats he up to now?

Edit:

Welcome to Page 66 of The Winding River Project!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

mrbisonm

nbvc, thanks for dropping in again.

Quote from: KoV Liberty on August 12, 2011, 09:04:16 AM
Cool, Johnny? Whats he up to now?

Johnny needs to make a lot of §§'s. Vito has a lot and also has the connection, the rest.....well, just wait for the second next update. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Ol.S / Benoit

Your flora work is always amazing and inspiring !  :thumbsup:
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

bat

Very nice work on that region!
And looking forward to more of it...

mrbisonm

Thanks Benoit and bat for the compliments, much appreciated.

So that you guys won't think that I abandonned, I just got back from vacation, had a nice time and still two days (weekend) to go to relax at home. Meanwhile I renewed the Simland Map, added some more details and all the regions that I actually play with (white rectangles and squares)
There will be an introduction of some more characters and a couple of new regions that will take part of the Winding River Project story in the next update, most probably before the next weekend. ;)

Fred

The direct link ...

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/2665/largesimlandmap.png

Gringamuyloca

Glad to learn you are enjoying your downtime.  :thumbsup: I am off to meet the newest grandchild this weekend.  ;D

Looking forward to learning more about the other communities in Simland... and how they become part of the Winding River story.  "$Deal"$ ( and what about the Ganoga Boys?)

Cheers!
Tamara

ricardomiranda

I like the greenery, very good combination!

KoV Liberty

Mrbisnm: Interesting..... How do you do the Simoleons thing in the text btw?

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

mrbisonm

Quote from: Gringamuyloca on August 13, 2011, 11:19:40 AM
Glad to learn you are enjoying your downtime.  :thumbsup: I am off to meet the newest grandchild this weekend.  ;D

Looking forward to learning more about the other communities in Simland... and how they become part of the Winding River story.  "$Deal"$ ( and what about the Ganoga Boys?)

Cheers!

Grandchild...lucky you, I have three boys and all over 30, not one grandchild yet....lol.  :(

The Ganoga Boys will be in the second next update. ;)

Quote from: ricardomiranda on August 14, 2011, 02:45:35 PM
I like the greenery, very good combination!

Thanks, it was a lot of .......no, not work,...but fun.

Quote from: KoV Liberty on August 15, 2011, 02:29:54 PM
Mrbisnm: Interesting..... How do you do the Simoleons thing in the text btw?

§§§'s are done with ALT+21 on the numberpad, right side on your keyboard, at least my § are done like this. I can also  make them with ALT+245.
Do a search on google for *keyboard signs*, there's dozens of them.... ;)

Fred

nemanjanv7

Hi MrBisonM,
I wrote you a PM yesterday about those Bats that I wold really like to use  :D .
Here are the pictures as you asked:
1. http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4940/9lakesteadcountydinofou.jpg]click here: Neatly stacked wood, those sand cones, plopable construction workers and construction equipment, highway under construction (do you by any chance have railway under construction)...
2. http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5461/5lakesteadcountyrestos.jpg]click here: Restaurant, the fenced vehicle lot
3. http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8324/16grasslakechalet2.jpg]click here: SHACKS on the left side of the picture house under construction and those stacked planks.
4. click here: Gate

Thank you very much your region looks incredible and your bats even more. I would need many more, but I guess that would just be unfair.
nemanjanv7@yahoo.com

Thanks again
- I take part in The Dunya Project Thumbs up for Nedalezz :)
- Favorite MD: The Winding River Project

Nemanya

mrbisonm

I am working hard for the next update, so don't worry if it will take awhile. We will have four new characters coming and I would like to finish the regions (or at least have them advanced) where they come from, because there's a small story with each one of them. After this update, the next ones will be a little quicker. Thanks.

nemanjanv7, first of all delete your email adress in your post and next time send it in a PM, thanks. (for your own safety)

Then, the pictures I cannot see, the links don't seem to work for me.
Just tell me the number shown above on the left of the pictures, example: 75.03 or something like this, or tell me the MD/CJ page and the what picture, so I can find what your looking for.
It will be a pleasure to send you these bats/lots. ;)

Fred

nemanjanv7

Hmh, strange that you couldn't see them  &ops .
I can't those numbers but I will tell you the PAGE number

page 9: Sandom county
page 10: Access Junction
page 11: Access Junction - the restaurant

So basically I need neatly stacked wood, stacked planks, plopable construction sets, highway and if you by any chance have railway construction (but I didn't see it on the pictures), houses under construction, shacks. Anything else that you thing is interesting for construction projects is very welcome.

Sorry for the trouble, and thank you very much.
nemanjanv7@yahoo.com

Nemanya

mrbisonm

Quote from: nemanjanv7 on August 25, 2011, 01:47:09 AM
Hi MrBisonM,
I wrote you a PM yesterday about those Bats that I wold really like to use  :D .
Here are the pictures as you asked:
1. http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4940/9lakesteadcountydinofou.jpg]click here: Neatly stacked wood, those sand cones,(Private Nexis bats/lots, will send them later) plopable construction workers (these are simply mayorplops that I downloaded from somewhere which I cannot remember at the moment) and construction equipment, (simpegs, mayor construction ploppables available at his site) highway under construction (do you by any chance have railway under construction)...(these are Private Nexis lots/bats, will send them to you later this weekend, including rail lots)2. http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5461/5lakesteadcountyrestos.jpg]click here: Restaurant, the fenced vehicle lot. (Private Nexis Lot, send later)
3. http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8324/16grasslakechalet2.jpg]click here: SHACKS on the left side of the picture house under construction and those stacked planks. (Private Nexis bats/lots, will send them later)4. click here: Gate (Private Nexis lot, will send it later, you will have to find its dependency "the gate" by yourself though)

Thank you very much your region looks incredible (Thank You) and your bats even more. I would need many more (little at a time please, once in awhile, ok?), but I guess that would just be unfair.
nemanjanv7@yahoo.com

Thanks again

I will send you the above mentioned lots, most of them are from my private Nexis Collection. Included will be a dozen or so Highway/road construction lots and bats, also some for rail. I see what I can find concerning the construction lots and I hope that you have a big e-mail box....lol. Give  me a few days, hopefully this weekend I will find the time. ;)
Keep in mind that these sent unique Nexis lots and bats are for private use only and under no condition never to be redistributed, not even privately. When people ask you where you got them from, refer them to me please. I am more than willing to share my creations under the respect of privacy and conditions mentioned above. Hope that you'll respect this. If not respected, results will be sad for all players who ask me for Nexis lots/bats and the person judged guilty for not respecting my request, will be put up against the wall and ****. ;)

Fred

nemanjanv7

Hey thanks a bunch. Don't worry I'll keep it private (I'll even put it in folder "Top secret" and lock it  ;D )

Nemanya

mrbisonm

Quote from: nemanjanv7 on August 26, 2011, 04:06:24 PM
Hey thanks a bunch. Don't worry I'll keep it private (I'll even put it in folder "Top secret" and lock it  ;D )

Ok, sounds good, but name the folder "Nexis"....kinda sounds better than "topsecret". ;)

Fred

nemanjanv7

It was a joke ;)
Were it really top secret everyone would be too curious  ;)

Tanks again, and for such great stuff I can wait ass long as it takes. No pressure. Whenever you find time  :thumbsup:

Nemanya

mrbisonm

nemanjanv7

Nemanya

io_bg

I love these nature shots - they're so realistic :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

mrbisonm

Sorry for having you wait so long, but the rendering of my Modern Farm Proppack is taking all the computertime that I have. Besides there was quite a clean-up to do after Hurricane Irene, a lot of fallen trees on my "driveway" which is almost one km long.
Now I'm taking a break, midtime rendering, half is done.....geeez, is that ever long to do....

Glad you like it io_bg.

Back to the story of the Winding River, hope you haven't forgotten it...

Update 76

Where have all the trees gone?             

Saturday, June 10th, 1967
                           Today on this date ... then:

-
- 1190 – Third Crusade: Frederick I Barbarossa drowns in the river Saleph while leading an army to Jerusalem.
- 1786 – A landslide dam on the Dadu River created by an earthquake ten days earlier collapses, killing 100,000 in the Sichuan province of China.
- 1886 – Mount Tarawera in New Zealand erupts, killing 153 people and destroying the famous Pink and White Terraces.
-
[/size]

It is Saturday morning, the writer of the Access Tribune, Charles M. Johnson, is publishing his first part of the series " Access's Environment", mentioning this time the disappearance of hundreds and hundreds of acres of forest that once roamed the southwestern part of the region. It wasn't really noticed by anyone until the owner of the big sawmill,Timberlog Inc of Slye, mentioned in a review that Access and it's surroundings wasn't of any interest to him anymore because of the lack of standing lumber.
Writer Johnson immediatley went out with his camera and took some pictures of the "treeless" region. He was surprized what he saw.
What happened? Everyone wonders and not many bothered yet. Farmlands have totally invaded the surrounding big town of almost 120,000 citizens. Cutting down the forests gave the farmers the land needed to cultivate and the lumber paid partially the preparing of the ground for crops beneath the once rich virgin forest.
On this aerial picture of the Access area, we can clearly see the devastation that logging and farming has left behind. No wonder that Access is today considered as one of the most fruitful and agricultural productive region in Simland. The river valley of course contains the best fertile land available. Only the southern hills and the Grasslake area, which is mostly owned by Tony Racsan anyways, still have little patches of untouched forests. Even West River and Phlox is being cleared. Doesn't anyone really notice what is happening?
Slye doesn't think this way, telling folks after he emptied a forest, that farms are even better than forest, they produce food and jobs for the Sims, quite necessary to simkind. Good point, but.....

This is just one example how sparce the treegrowth in the Access vicinity has become. This part of Access below, which is just east of the new airport,has become a place where even cattle is looking for shade. Offically called *Low Forest*, new visiters are demanding why it is called so, since no trees are to be seen. Here once stood a lot of mature fir and sprucetrees down to the grand river's banks. Of course since agricultural land was almost given away by the federal Government in the last decade, simfarmers litterally invaded the place, making it a farming heaven on these fertile grounds.
Johnson wrote in his report in the Access Tribune, that one could actually count all individual trees in this county within an hour.

Another good example is the east part of Access, the eastern suburbs. Here also one could count the remaning trees, except those who grow on residential lots. If it wasn't for the treeplantation of the Hover farm, than less than a dozen or so trees could be counted in the countryside of the northeastern suburbs of Access. Shame. Only trees near roadditches were left standing. One older sim in the area lately said: "If I would have wanted to stay in a place without trees, then I would have moved to Saskatchewan. This place is starting to look like it.", remembering the time when dense forests were a regular sight outside the suburbs.

Only about three years ago, the same area looked like this, still some fields separated with several forested lots. A nice site to every simly eye, at the time.

We have 4 new characters in the story coming, which are:

- Bob Mangarten by jmyers2043
- Anne Bradley by Gringamuyloca
- Dirk Kujit by lak47
- Trent Michaels by rjet13
Let's introduce them....

When having lost his job with the local phone company in Bordertown,( http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=326.0 ) of his hometown, Bob Mangarten, born in 1921, decided to move to Access Center with his family and start a new life. His wife Rose, since 1944, gave birth to his daughter Brooke in 1951 and his son Brett in 1955.
It wasn't long that Bob found a new job in Sandom, some 25 miles south from Access, at the local phone Company, again as an offical repairman. The Company is Hexcom and it also owns the phonelines in Access and Phlox.
Bob knew the area of the Winding River before, because of a friend who lives here since 12 years, Adrian McCoy, who he worked with for a few years in Bordertown, before the town got divided by separatists. Bob came visiting Adrian and Access sometimes in the past and started to like the region. Now that he is moving, he is about to find a nice little appartment and settle in.

Born in 1935 on Chadelaine Island, Trent Michaels is moving to Phlox on his early retirement as a Naval Captain. He had no ambitions to become an Admiral, which was offered to him several times when he was Captain on a naval cruiser. But as an experienced Commander in the Vietnam war, he was quite welcomed in the Westriver armybase, which accepted him gladly as a naval consultant for the base. The base needed such an experienced man to handle the new plans for a navy harbour in the future.
Single, he came to the Winding River region because of its beauty and still wild side, and of course because of the Mighty Winding River, which seems to be of special interest to him. His plans are to open a small Marina of some kind, giving a little competition to Miss Panskyy on Phlox Island, renting smaller boats for fishing and rivervisits, maybe even a small *Bateau mouche* (promenade boat) like the ones he saw last year in Paris, France.

Trent came from the downtown area of the only city of the Chadelaine Island, but now as he is retired, he will most likely enjoy more the wilderness part of Simland in the Winding River Region.

Not far south of the Winding River Region, is where Miss Anne Bradley came from. Born in Goosebay in 1934, a very small agricultural village on the coast which seemed to have stood still in time, and which lives mostly of agriculture, some other small industries and a little from commercial fishing, Annie, as we will call her, now 33, is drawn to the Access area because of the good sportsfishing that has become of new interest in the area for several anglers. The Winding River is plenty of different fishspecies and also quite close to the coast as we can see it on the Simland map (link below). Sportsfishing just started to get to be known in the area and this is only the beginning of a rich enjoyable fishing experience.
Annie also likes the nature part of Simland, just like Trent Michaels and what a better place than Phlox and outside of Access.

Coming from the Goosebay area, Miss Bradley of course knows all about the great brown trout fishing in the Goose river that joins the sea near the village. These trouts were imported from Germany before the war and found an ideal place to reproduce themselves in the river. Annie used to help the seafishermen that the village has a few of, in her teenage years, and then started as a part-time truckdriver to get to know the Simland Nation. In her late twenties she bought her own truck and a second one only two years later. Having hired a good driver, he was working just fine until the guy found a cute little girl in Lakefield and stayed there, while he was delivering lumber from Slye's mills. Now Annie wants to move to Access or Phlox where the action is and of course a lot more work, maybe a little home on the countryside, something with a small garden in the backyard and a garage big enough to handle both her International and Western Star and maybe find a new local driver for her second tractor. She heard that Access is doubling the amount of industry in the next two years, what an excellent occasion to offer her services of transport.

And at last, not least, Dirk Kujit from the southern Nardician islands. Born on the island of his ancestors, Kujit Island, in 1943, he grew up there and later moved to Bluebay after he reached his 19 years. Kujit Island is well known for the good seafishing and most of the habitants earn their life there this way. Once a military outpost, the Nardician islands supply the Simland fishmarkets with 75 % of seafood now, well understandable when we say that it is the fishing nation of Simland.
Dirk, now in his twenties, is working his bum off on a small fishing boat in the harbour of Bluebay, the trades that he learned well from his father, who still has a fishing boat on the island. He wanted away from the islands, become independant from his parents and see and live the city first, so Bluebay was the best alternative, but he likes the countryside more he found out the hard way, a bit savage or most natural and rural way of spending his life. Coming form a fisherman's family since several generations, he already knows all about fishing and is very welcomed as an experienced help on the mainland's coast. Finding a job is no problem for him.
Lately he came across the Grasslake area, when he somehow got lost while driving to Phlox for a job interview, and he loved the area of the Winding River, which he knew was only a few miles away from the coast. That gave him an idea, which we will have the pleasure to experience with him in the next few years.

To find or situate the regions mentioned above in my Simland, please look here:
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1553/6910simlandmap.png

That's it for the introduction of the four "newcomers" to the region and story. We will be back shortly with the "Ganoga Kids" and their voyage around the swamps, we also talk about and visit the new bridges over the Ganoga outlet, a place called Brokentree and of course a lot of new pictures from around and beyond the Winding River Region including some interesting stories of our Winding River Heros. ;)

I will soon talk about ALL the regions that I have prepared for the Simland Nation. I have two consecutive updates reserved with all the details of each region, except Access Center of course which we already know quite well, explaining the connections with the Winding River Region and their economy and history. We will even make a few visits to their special places . There are still some regions to finish, such as the Nardician Isles, so it may take a little while. ;)

Fred