• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Thanks Gringamuyloca, need to keep the intrigue alive, besides some parts of the story have started with the beginning of this journal and we get back to that from time to time to see the developments. ;) That's what it makes interesting.......

jmyers2043, that looks somewhere like the Badlands or canyon lands. Is that the "real" Snake River of WY you 've showed here?

Quote from: Will12 on December 04, 2011, 11:04:14 PM
Nice heritage update Fred. Hope Billy hasn't died unexpectantly because of my absence.
Don't worry Will, I don't let my characters die that fast....;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

lak47

- Wonderful update

- I loved the idea of those islets, and they're well done!!

- Deer-pond is a charming little place.

CabraBuitre

Just catching up on the last few updates... wow, that was a long update!

And I love to see the old mixed with the new in update 80!!

Check out Abelfarei!

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

danielcote

I like deer pond. The buildings seem to fit so nicely into the landscape.

mrbisonm

Glad you all liked the last update.
I wasn't able to finish my next update (#81) but I will show you a little Teaser and some news of what's coming up.

I hope we remember that we have shortly visited the small village of Holland a few updates back and I told you about that it had nice small waterfalls. I have promissed then that I'll show you some more details when we come back.....well?

Here is Holland, the smallest independant village in the region, populated with only a handfull of farmers and some simple workers and folks that take care of themselves. Not known by most of the rest of the population of the Winding River Valley, Holland is far out in the foothills of the mighty Mount Totem. There's nothing here, except for a little dark tavern that offers Beer, coca and milk, plus one or two local girls to dance on a stage on weekends only. But......it owns the most beautiful little waterfalls yet known in the region and only half a handful of outsiders have found this lately, having heard about the falls from locals and having visited it. Maybe this is the beginning of something, now that someone else than the local kids know about it?

80B.01

It's a long ride to drive up here from civilization and the next stop down is Phlox, about an hour and something down the hills.
Where exactly is Holland? Well....it is in the foothills of the Maybee County. The only way there is by a small unmaintained little sandroad northwest of Phlox winding up and over the Maybee Pass, leading right into the Milts Town just outside the Winding River Region.

80B.02

In the coming update, we will visit this little place in a detailed manner, having a closer look at the falls and its surroundings. We also meet the Ganoga Boys that just came out of the Ganoga Wilderness and have a short trip to Access Center, some things are again changing there.

See you all then, I hope. ;)

Fred

Will12

Fred I will seldom post her as I am on a 7 week vacation in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia with my family

mrbisonm

Quote from: Will12 on December 11, 2011, 11:47:35 PM
Fred I will seldom post her as I am on a 7 week vacation in Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia with my family

Well, I wish you a happy and wonderful vacation in those beautiful countries, of which I only have seen Laos for now. (gotta go to Cambodia sometime.
I will take care of William Sculpten (our computer student), while you're gone, don't worry he's in good hands. ;) He probably has gone up a step or two when you come back.
Take care,

Fred

KoV Liberty

Quote from: Will12 on December 11, 2011, 11:47:35 PM

Wow, nice trip! Have fun on your vacation!

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

lak47

Charming little waterfall that! Great place to set up camp and roast a fish or two  ;D

Will12

Thanks guys for your kind words. As I have wifi at the moment I can post but I probably won't in Cambodia and definitely won't in Laos but in Vietnam I might so maybe I will post

carlfatal

Hi Fred,
finally i´ve made a hookup, have read the complete story now!
I needed a lot of time for this, but i´m happy to have done this. To see all the details of the story on the pictures again was interesting and always done nice. I´m intrigued in this army thing and these towers are waiting for a reliable answer. I think it´s more fishy than ever. After buiding this canal to shorten the river i want to know for what they do all this and what they have found really. I don´t believe in "porolium", sounds like a word from some tintin story to me.
And aside from this i´ve learned a lot only by looking and reading.  :thumbsup:
And also You´re presenting this huge set of wonderful regions representing a complete country - i´m addicted, i´m a fan...
Although i would like a better, nearer spot of the fall!  ;)
And away from the army i´m eager to here more from the ganoga boys and this ruins they´ve found in the wilderness. What is this, will we find out something about the ancient sims, will the myths of the " i don´t know the name anymore - what a shame" folks be true?
Greetz, Carl

mrbisonm

I will be back with an update this weekend, just trying yo find the time to upload all the pictures and prepare the text. Meanwhile I have this below, The last newspaper clip that came out in Access Center.

carlfatal, thank you for your nice comment. So you think it sounds fishy too, all that mystery and seek and hide about the armybase in West River? Unlucky for Mike Allheimer (john Gabber's friend and foreman) that he doesn't know you, because we will talk about this in the next update, and he surely 's got something in mind and is eager to find out the basic truth of it all. ;)

And you're also are interested in the ancient sims or "skull people"  and the city ruins that the Ganoga boys recently found? Again, we will talk about this in the next three upcoming updates.
The ruins they found in the Ganoga wilderness are probably from the lost city of Corse or Korse, a legend up to now, but that is to the scientists and archeologists to decide. I wonder, is there a connection between the skullpeople, the porolium and Korse? ...
See you all soon

Fred

frostwolf

Holland looks like a fairly nice place. Any other little communities tucked into corners of the map?

mrbisonm

Quote from: frostwolf on December 16, 2011, 02:21:19 PM
Holland looks like a fairly nice place. Any other little communities tucked into corners of the map?

Yes, there are two more little forgotten places like Holland, maybe even a little smaller. One isn't far from Access Center, right south into the hills, and the other isn't even considered as a village yet, but more and more homes are attaching to this little place near the Stoke Mountains.
We will see them soon enough. ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

I'll be back in a few days, meanwhile enjoy the holidays and have yourself a ...

Very Nice
Merry Christmas

Fred

jmyers2043

Hey Fred

Quote from: mrbisonm on December 11, 2011, 08:06:56 PM
... Here is Holland, the smallest independant village in the region, populated with only a handfull of farmers and some simple workers and folks that take care of themselves...... a short trip to Access Center..... things are again changing there....

Does that mean that Holland will finally have phone service?

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

carlfatal

Hi Fred,
that´s typical! I want to read the news, but everything really important is somewhere else!
I will wait till i can hear what the ganoga boys will tell us here!

Away from that i wish You a merry Christmas too and a lot o snow (if You like it - here it is more wet, warm and disgusting although i don´t love snow  ???).
Greetz, Carl

NASCAR_Guy

oh come on Mr Sly there's enough jobs to go around for all of us.  :D
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Gringamuyloca

:thumbsup:
Happy Holidays Fred & Lynn, and to all of The Winding River Project's readers!

Peace, goodwill and prosperity to all.  &bis&

Tamara