• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Winding River Project

Started by mrbisonm, March 08, 2009, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lak47

Keeping us on our seats edge, eh Mr. Bison?   :satisfied:

CabraBuitre

Looks like I've missed a few updates!

Can you show us a pic on a map where this is taking place compared to other spots you've mentioned (i.e. where the plane went down, where the boys traveled, and where the hut was, etc)?

Great work!

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

Quote from: CabraBuitre on April 21, 2012, 12:58:28 PM

Can you show us a pic on a map where this is taking place compared to other spots you've mentioned (i.e. where the plane went down, where the boys traveled, and where the hut was, etc)?

Great work!

Sorry for not coming that often, but I am busy finishing my Modernfarm Proppack at the moment.

Here is a picture of July 1967, just about the time the last story is happening. Be aware that it is a big fullsized png picture of the whole region, explaining most everything to do with the story since the beginning of the MD. Hope that explains it detail. ;)

Question: Is there anyone else than our 4 or 5 regular posters that read this MD? The comments here have been enormously reduced in the last 2 months.

Have a nice weekend and don't worry, I'll be back soon.

Fred

Once the picture is loaded you will have to click on it to get the real size of 2750x1250.

http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/9433735/file.html

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

NASCAR_Guy

Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

red_dwarfers

Fred,

A few days ago I decided to give SC4 a go and have been playing it a bit too regularly :D I am truly astonished with the care and attention you've paid to the Winding River and never would have thought something like this could come from a game like SC. I guess I never realised that there's so many different levels on which it can be played.

I've just finished reading up to page 10 and will chunk up the rest over the next few days to get up to date. I'm going to tell my old SimCity buddy (we used to play it rather a lot on the Commodore Amiga!) about it, I'm sure he'll enjoy this wonderful story.

Even without comments, I'm sure there are many 'lurkers' who have it tucked away in their browser bookmarks.

CabraBuitre

Quote from: mrbisonm on April 21, 2012, 02:48:38 PM
Quote from: CabraBuitre on April 21, 2012, 12:58:28 PM

Great work!

Sorry for not coming that often, but I am busy finishing my Modernfarm Proppack at the moment.

Here is a picture of July 1967, just about the time the last story is happening. Be aware that it is a big fullsized png picture of the whole region, explaining most everything to do with the story since the beginning of the MD. Hope that explains it detail. ;)

Question: Is there anyone else than our 4 or 5 regular posters that read this MD? The comments here have been enormously reduced in the last 2 months.

Have a nice weekend and don't worry, I'll be back soon.

Fred

Once the picture is loaded you will have to click on it to get the real size of 2750x1250.

http://www7.zippyshare.com/v/9433735/file.html

Thanks sir, that's exactly what I needed!!

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

CabraBruitre, glad to have delivered what you needed. Besides it was time to give you all an overlook of the story to place things on a map. Thanks for asking.

red_dwarfers, happy to see a new face here, welcome. I'm on a "small" break right now and rendering my MFP1 set (Modernfarmprops). That is one reason why I haven't continued uploading the story yet, but also because visits have been slow  in my MD lately.
Anyways, I know there are some lurkers behind the curtains, have been looking at the visit numbers lately, good thing, because I was starting to think I was alone with my 6 or 7 "Members". ;)

Have fun reading and tell everyone to do as you did, come out and comment. Thanks, much appreciated.
I will be back soon, don't worry.

Fred

carlfatal

Wasn´t here for a while but now again i sit on my chair, curious and hooked...
But first i have to admit: i love how You bring things together after a so long time of writing. Nothing get´s forgotten here.  &apls &apls &apls
Back to the story: it sounds more fishy than ever! I´m really sure John is visiting Mr Sweathers before it´s too late for. Maybe this man is one of the keys to the truth. As i said before:i don´t believe in Porolium, sometimes i think Your information about this is a fake!  $%Grinno$%
But John will be the one to discover what happened really. And i think, it´s a good idea to bring information to the museum and the newspapers, so there is no chance for the military to hold it´s hand over these things. Porolium - nonono... not with me, not with Mr Gabbber!  ;)

But horrible again: the only thing i want is to know what will happen here! Suspension pure!  &apls

mrbisonm

Sorry to have taken so long for an update, but as most of you know, I am very busy with my farmpack models that I am doing with FrankU. Besides this MD has had very little attention from readers lately that I just might put it on hold for the summer or for a few weeks.

Thanks carlfatal, always nice to hear from you and I am glad that you like the story. Mysterious all this it is for sure, even I am starting to wonder what's going on here.......lol

Here's another update of this 85 series of the Ten Rocks situation.

UPDATE 85 F

"Ten Rocks"

It was 8 AM exactly, the sun was up already and its warmth could be felt on his shoulders and the back. No wind and one could smell the rising humidity from the freshly stirred up soil at the Ten Rocks yard. John arrived at the  site, only to find Slye and Baumer at the locked gate.

<<"Hey Terry, what are you doing here?" John asked Slye and also looked at Baumer as if he wanted to know if he told Slye about the rocks.
"Hi JOhn, I had to come to see the loggers this morning, I am in need of the large Palepine logs they have been cutting lately in this area, but Geeeez....no loggers....What's going on?", and Slye was pointing his indexfinger at the lot of parked machinery near the gate? "What the heck is happening? Al doesn't want to tell me,  besides that you gave the loggers a day off he said?."
Then Al Baumer explained that he came at 6:30 this morning and met some folks waiting at the gate for an unknown reason, when Slye came and wanted to see the loggers.
"Mr Slye helped me turn back those curious folks that were at the gate this morning. Kinda got scared to see so many people I don't know." he said, and looking at Slye he continued, "and since I know that Mr Slye is a good friend of yours Sir, I told him that you were expected to be here early this morning. Mr Allheimer told me last night, not to let in anyone that doesn't have a personal permission from him or you Sir, and that's exactly what I did."
" Yeah, no problem Al, that's alright." John affirmed and tapped on Als shoulder telling him that he did a good job and then looked at Slye, "This is quite something Terry, you'll see. Did the loggers finish the cutting last night?" and he turned back to Baumer.
"Yes Sir, they left at 8 PM." Baumer answered.
"Let's have a closer look at it now, we'll take my pickup.">> John told both and all three stepped into his Company's truck and drove down the freshly leveled trail to the middle of those rocks, closing the gate behind them.

Slye was speechless, so was John, when both saw the aligned 10 rocks all free from the treegrowth. Ten rocks they were alright, standing in a funnel like position from north to south.

<<"What in the devil's name is this supposed to be now?" Slye murmurred about 3 minutes after his stunning moment."What the heck?????" That was all he could say and didn't even wait for anser and started walking towards one of them to have a closer look of its height and massiveness. Then Terry looked back at John, who was actually also starring at all the rocks and their formation, wondering why they were implanted like this.
"Do you have an idea of what that is, John?"
"No." was John's very short answer without hesitation.
"Don't tell me they just dropped in here from the sky. It looks like they've been here for a long time, right?" again looking at John and mentioning the moss growth on the surface.
"I only saw three of them yesterday morning when they discovered it." said John, "I don't have more nor better ideas than you my friend. Mike thinks that it got something to do with those ancient skullpeople, but I can't figure out how in the world they brought these here that many years ago, and why they did it. Do you have an idea?" And starring at Terry.
Terry just shook his head, letting John know that he is out of ideas at the moment.>>

An hour later Mike arrived in his pickup, telling John that he was sure to find him here this morning and asking why he didn't bring along a radio. He also was amazed to see the area around the rocks cleared and couldn't help to throw in a remark that "his boys" worked well. All four walked from one rock to the other, realizing that they are all about the same size and shape. Granit, they were. just plein granit. Strange, John thought, granit is only available, as much as he knows, in the Snake River Region, and that is some 300 miles south from here.

<<"Did you realize that these are Granit, Mike?" John asked while scratching on the surface of these rocks to see what' hidden under the lichen and moss,"Is there any granit in this area that you know of?"
Baumer jumped in to answer this, he who knows the area better than everyone else.
"There is a small granit deposit on a mountain not too far from here, it's called the "Devil's Back". It's just about 6 to 8 miles south of here. I went there last year with the geologist who wanted to see the end of the Ganoga lake and find out what the earth's crust would be made of in that area."
"The Devil's Back"? Mike stuntly asked, "That's Mount Venus just on the other side of the Lowbanks creek and the Venus wetlands......haha.....nahhh, that's impossible, you can't brings rocks of that size over the wetlands, impossible, we can't even do this today with all the machinery we have. The swamps are too wet and too wide. They must come from this side of the swamp, maybe the Sawyerhills?"
"No." John said,"The Sawyerhills are slate, nothing else than slate, no granit there. That I know of for sure. The only place I know granit is in the Snake River region too, but that's way too far." Both Al and Mike agreed on that, nodding their heads positively.>>

Mike received a radio message from the secretary asking for John, while they reached the last rock. She said that some officials from the Minister of Ressources and the Administration office were at the office and wanted to see John. After telling his secretary to invite the guests to the restaurant for breakfast while he will be driving back to the office, John told Mike some things to see at, take pictures again and told Baumer to lock the gate after leaving and left to Access Center to meet the officials that he called up yesterday.

In his office one hour later, he met the officials, handed over the keys for the lock on the gate and explained in all details what they found. After a few hours of discussion, the three officials invited John for lunch and then they went on their way to the rock site alone. John called Al Baumer on the radio to prepare for their arrival.
Now John all he can do is to wait out for their approval to continue the construction of the Wimmerroad.
Meanwhile he will concentrate on the Oilroad on the other side of the Ganoga Wilderness and highway 15, which is about to make a sharp turn north following the Mighty Winding River.

There will be one more update to this series and then back to the regular regional news.

Fred

noahclem

Lovely pictures of the forest and a couple nice construction pics of the city  &apls

mave94

Very nice story. Well done! :thumbsup:
Reading this might help me to improve my english.

-Matthijs

sc-4

I've just read your whole MD , and it'st just awsome !
A great story ( you could make a movie with it x) , very good explanation , great work in sc and with the BAT and LE , i love your MD mrbisonm !

Call me Ludo

mrbisonm

Thanks noahclem, nice to drop in and leave a note. ;)

Quote from: MrMAvE94 on May 28, 2012, 01:05:13 PM
Very nice story. Well done! :thumbsup:
Reading this might help me to improve my english.

-Matthijs

Well Matthijs, if it helps your english, you must come back.... ;) Thanks for coming and glad you like it.

Quote from: sc-4 on May 29, 2012, 11:58:52 AM
I've just read your whole MD , and it'st just awsome !
A great story ( you could make a movie with it x) , very good explanation , great work in sc and with the BAT and LE , i love your MD mrbisonm !

Great to see a new face here and surely glad you like it. I was starting to wonder if I only had those 6 or 7 usual readers here only. Come back again.

Fred

carlfatal

Oh, i´m sure there are a lot more readers...  ;)
But not everyone is writing his or her thoughts, maybe they are too shy.  :-\

As i´read the new update my first idea was: this was made by aliens... next idea: some kind of stonehenge monument...  :o

And the view of the town with all the construction sites: real fast growing. Soon access will be a big town, only some old houses and the church will remind of the old village it was a few years ago. Perfect pictures...
Greetz, Carl

turtle

I'm here.

Interesting story and lovely landscaping.

Also, all the cities, towns and villages are very well done - you have a knack for making them interesting - you give them some unique features and let their identities revolve around them. Excellent work.  :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the next.

- Thomas
My name is Thomas...

Flatron

I really like the idea of a country beeing develloped  :)

KoV Liberty

Excellent updates! I've been a bit of a lurker lately but trust me, I'm around. ;)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

lak47

Quote from: KoV Liberty on June 06, 2012, 06:13:14 AM
been a bit of a lurker lately but trust me, I'm around. ;)

So am I  ;D

mrbisonm

Thanks guys, good to know that more of you are still around than I thought.
I am very busy irl and with my Farming Project right now, but I should have an update witin a week or so, including some new BATs from me. ;)

Commenting will help me to improve my sequences of posts and updates. Thanks.

Fred

jmyers2043

Quote from: mrbisonm on May 28, 2012, 04:15:03 AM

Everyone is intriqued but me, apparantly. The stones were placed there by mystic spirits guarding the Dark Forest. The Spirits acknowledged Tuesday that a loophole in a centuries-old hex have allowed John Styles and Al Baumer to violate the site without being cursed. A series of unspeakable horrors should have been visited upon them when loggers cut the trees that hid the granite stones.

"Whew!" is all John could say.

"We'll get the hex right the next time" said the 10th spirit who represents the 10th stone.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)