• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

WELCOME TO PAGE 240!!!!!

Great work on the map and rail-texture there!

Looking forward to more, David!! ;)

Pat

QuoteBy 1950, demand had outpaced the power the two TEPC plants could provide.  In order to meet the region's growing need for electricity, work was begun on Parasol Point Unit 2, a 60 megawatt oil-fired steam plant that would bring the total capacity of TRPC north of the Inlet and Wind River to 105 megawatts.

Hey David to show that I actualy read the whole story on power, is this a typo or is it supposed to be TEPC and not TRPC?  Talk about electrifiy story and great histroy as a normal from you sir!! great job and I cant wait to see what you cook up next!!!!

yum

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Simpson

Congratulation my friend you make a very good job on your MD  :thumbsup:

BTW: this is my 700th posts in dévotion  :)

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

pvarcoe

Single track rail will be to die for!
Most rail in my area (rural Canada) is single track rail.
Most rail in my cj's should be singletrack.
I can't wait!

Thanks for the preview David!

rooker1

I just got caught up on the weekend stuff I had missed.

Those power stations look incredible.  It would be very nice if someone were to do a realistic LOT based on one of those in your pictures.  I'm not suggestting any new models but just a nicer LOT.  Hey I can LOT, maybe I'll do it.  ;)  Got any suggeastions David?

It's really nice to see the RAM team working hard again, especially with you working with them.  The single Track stuff all looks amazing.
&apls &apls &apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

dedgren

Our ploppable sign inventory, thanks to Matt (threestooges), continues to grow.

Ignore my test item menu, it's a mess.  I'm also working on the info flyout to standardize them across the entire range of signs.

Today's a busy "writing" sort of day.  I'll check back in this evening.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

TheTeaCat

Just caught up on lots of amazing stuff  :o

single track rail - yes please
the power info and back ground and maps - I'll have to go back and check it out again. Its incredible. you make 3RR seem so real  &apls

will be back for more when time permits ;)

ps
thanks for the heads up to folks here in your thread.
And the email too :thumbsup: haven't had the time to reply properly but I will.

regards
:satisfied:
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Streetlight 725

These signs are great and the telephone poles too.I can't wait to download them. :o :) &apls

Sheep49

Nice sign! It looks very realistic ;)

And one sentence:
I'm saying yes for the one track rail! :D
Piotr
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

art128

David, your work is amazing !!!!  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

thundercrack83

That's the total package right there, David--the signs, the FARR--just magnificent stuff, as always!

Dustin

metarvo

David: Yes!  The sign is fabulous :thumbsup:.  After all, drivers don't like to suddenly be confronted with a railroad track without a fair warning.

Derry: It's really you!  It's great to see you again.  Don't worry, we haven't gone anywhere.  I would have brought the tea if I had known you were coming.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

threestooges

From a farther zoom, the railroad crossing sign doesn't look too bad. Up close however, it seems a bit large. I can edit that if you want, but at leas this way there's no real ignorance excuse if a sim tries to beat a train (then again they'd have to get past those guard rails too).

-Derry: It's good to see you here. The tea will always be on when you're around.

Chrisadams3997

Another thing Matt, to keep it 'round' looking in game, try scaling it vertically about 30% after making the sign (afterwards you can uniformly scale it back down so the height doesn't actually change, but still keep the proper proportions), otherwise it gets a little 'squashed'.  Also, you don't need to do that to the pole, just the sign geometry itself.

bakerton

Holy Smoke Batman, David is a mastermind with all of this neat stuff. David and company, keep it coming. Looking forward to all of this stuff people. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

sithlrd98

Its getting better everyday!  &apls Can't wait!

j-dub

Well David since you did use to live in Downers Grove, which is near the Morton Arboretum, that probably explains why your into all this landscaping, and curved roads. Secretly some actor named Patrick Swayze, was filming something in this area, and Lisle. Lots of movies seem to be made in Chicagoland now. But this was so secret that someone I know who works at the Morton Arboretum said not even the people working there, were aware why a section of it was closed, they were only told not to go there because the movie had to be made. But as this message is posted, this area I speak of, the surrounding communities are now all flooded when I type this thanks to the tropical storm, including interstates. I wonder if your old neighborhood is underwater, because Chicago got hit (some places). Also the E,J & E railway is about to be bought up by CN is causing a good amount of issues too. The Canadians don't want to pay a single cent for the viaducts (overpasses) we need for their clustered stuck trains. I'm sorry 42 trains a day is too much for me, in a built up area through 5 communities, I live 5.4 miles from those tracks, I can hear trains at night already, but theres houses up to those tracks. At one point Obama voiced his concern, before getting to the spot where he is now. I don't know if your aware of that, but it might have changed some people's minds about being train fanatics. Hopefully not me, but these Canadians could cost us our commuter line, The Star Line. I have a lot of electric trains myself. Though I am pleased about the new single rail split. Thought you should know what you missed.

bat

Nice work with the signs there!
And looking forward to more... ;)

thundercrack83

By the way, I failed to notice Matt's telephone poles in those pictures, too--I humbly apologize, Matt! Great work!

Dustin

threestooges

No worries about that Dustin. I figure if they don't draw attention right off then I made them pretty well. Who wants telephone poles that stick out like sore thumbs? I think little details like that, the ones that pop out after a second glance, help make pics all the more interesting.

-edit- Wow 100 replys in a week. Impressive.