• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 38 Now Available

Started by Tarkus, September 03, 2020, 10:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgb204

Quote from: dyoungyn on October 22, 2020, 02:21:48 PM
Update,

I uninstalled NAM 36, deleted all remnants of Java, deleted all NAM files and downloads.  I re-installed Java via Oracle and now I have the "coffee cup" icon again, re-downloaded NAM 38 and still no joy.

What is happening is a whole lot of nothing, the computer tries to load the installation of "NetworkAddonMod_Setup_Version38.jar" and nothing then happens.  I am not sure what is going on. 

It must be settings within in Windows 10 pro that I do not understand that somehow not allowing Java from Oracle load the NAM 38 Installation file.

See from this post on ST. I believe you are having a similar problem.

Quote from: spleeau on October 26, 2020, 03:19:46 PM
I will try getting a refund from Origin (if possible) and buy another copy from GOG.com in the mean time as recommended.

You will get a refund, but you might have to waste your (and Origin's) time to get it. Digital providers really don't like doing this, but if you are persistent and they know you aren't going away, it costs them more to deal with you than refund your purchase. Sad, but it seems to be the reality.

Quote from: tomvsotis on November 10, 2020, 12:03:42 AM
Hello, quick question about the new single-tile roundabouts: do they not support SAM textures?

Again and again we hear about SAM and NWM networks where not every possible configuration is supported. I'm not complaining about it, but I honestly do not believe the solution is simply to expand SAM to support everything either. The fact is, each new piece for SAM means 10 new pieces, all the code, paths, textures and whatnot and frankly in most cases, this doesn't actually make any sense. Why not simply build a road-based one, then a tile away transition to SAM? It's not as neat, it is a little kludgy, but it works just fine and I honestly believe as a developer is an acceptable solution to most of these problems. There is a mighty good reason why the SAM sets are not at comprehensive as the main streets, they were never supposed to be. I personally feel there are far more useful additions/crosslinking for SAM than these minor situations, which would be far more deserving of our time as developers. Since they would actually add far more tangible benefits, such as the WRCs for example.