• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cascadia: A Light in the Pacific (Mar. 1, 2012)

Started by canyonjumper, December 12, 2009, 02:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

travismking

excellent, I really like the use of the NWM in the city :)

MattyFo

Congrats on 300 replies Jordan!  &apls  I like the new template, it gives the update a very structured and unique look.  However, the only downside is that the pictures are a little small and makes it difficult to see all the small details that make your pictures so great. ;)

-Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

canyonjumper

No worries, those pics aren't actually new pics. In future updates, the pics will be the same size as past updates.

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Haljackey

I think you have the best usage of NWM in any MD/CJ. It's not excessive, and it blends in well with your surroundings. Give yousrself a pat on the back Jordan!

I should really check out this MD more often. Tremendous stuff going on here!

RickD

Hi Jordan, I like the new design. But I also worried that the pics might be too small. But if you keep the picture size it will be very nice.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Tomas Neto

Hi Jordan, very nice the new design!!! I like a lot, my friend!!! Fantastic update!!!  &apls

canyonjumper

Hi guys!

Sorry about the lack of up dates recently, but as you know, it's summer here, so I'm busy with other things. That, and my free time is taken up coordinating the Earth V2 project at CSGforums. The Earth V2 project is a series of Urban Biographies (aka. Mayor's Diaries), maps, & timelines, all depicting an alternate history, hence Earth V2, and is currently headed by myself, and DarthViper3k.

The creation of this project has ramifications on Cascadia's history as well. Instead of being formed in 2011, as I have said in previous updates, it will be formed in the year 1958. Also, a revised map of Cascadia in 2010 is underway, along with the state of other sovereign states of the world.

Anyone wishing to join can post in the Discussion Thread, or PM myself of DarthViper3k, with the appropriate details, such as the date of your nation's creation, location (a rough map would greatly help), and some history (completely optional, if you don't care how your nation is created; e.g. war, referendum (vote), peaceful secession, etc.) Or if you wish to be included as a city, or state, include the appropriate details.

School starts on September 7, so I hope to be back on the update bandwagon again by then, or perhaps sooner ;D Again, it all depends on what I do for the rest of the summer.

See you guys later,
                                                    Jordan :thumbsup:

canyonjumper

Quote from: travismking on July 23, 2010, 03:12:08 AM
excellent, I really like the use of the NWM in the city :)
Thanks Travis!

Quote from: MattyFo on July 25, 2010, 11:56:35 AM
Congrats on 300 replies Jordan!  &apls  I like the new template, it gives the update a very structured and unique look.  However, the only downside is that the pictures are a little small and makes it difficult to see all the small details that make your pictures so great. ;)

-Matt
The pics were supposed to be like that, there were from previous updates, and were just there to fill the spaces, so no worries ;D Thanks Matt!

Quote from: canyonjumper on July 25, 2010, 12:21:28 PM
No worries, those pics aren't actually new pics. In future updates, the pics will be the same size as past updates.

-Jordan :thumbsup:
See above reply for a better explanation ;D

Quote from: Haljackey on July 25, 2010, 03:54:35 PM
I think you have the best usage of NWM in any MD/CJ. It's not excessive, and it blends in well with your surroundings. Give yousrself a pat on the back Jordan!

I should really check out this MD more often. Tremendous stuff going on here!
Thanks Hal! I model my usage after what I see around where I live ;D

Quote from: RickD on July 27, 2010, 08:58:48 AM
Hi Jordan, I like the new design. But I also worried that the pics might be too small. But if you keep the picture size it will be very nice.
No worries Raphael! You've probably already seen that you no longer need to worry ;D

Quote from: Tomas Neto on July 27, 2010, 09:35:37 AM
Hi Jordan, very nice the new design!!! I like a lot, my friend!!! Fantastic update!!!  &apls
Thanks Tomas! Hope you like this update as well!

MattyFo

Well certainly no need to worry about the pictures being to small!  :D   Great update, I love the new template! It makes everything so organised and original.  Keep up the stellar work!

- Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

rooker1

Hey Jordan,
I don't post in here as often as I should and today I have been compeled too.
Very nice river and the winding/following road is very fitting.  I got a small chuckle from the boater that lost his paddles....that sort of thing has never happened to me. ::)
I look forward to seeing more.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

greckman

Another awesome update from the canyonjumper!
Great job, CJ! So green and beautiful! You achieved a very nice semi-rural look... nice job!
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

cubby420

Battlecat

Great job with the pond there.  I like how you've detailed the shorelines.  I often forget to use those as well, I should put them to better use in the future. 

canyonjumper

Matt (MattyFo): Thanks Matt! Yeah, I had to ditch the new format, because it was getting longer to PS each time. Aldergrove was only six pics, and it took me a few hours to do. Imagine 21 pics and a mosaic. That would be like two days before I updated. The classic way is much easier.

Robin (rooker1): Thanks Robin! Glad you had a chuckle at the poor mayor :D

Greg (greckman): Thanks Greg! Glad you liked it!

cubby420: Thanks!

Battlecat: Thanks Battlecat! Yeah, I had them buried, and it was only while looking for where some medians had got to did I see them.

Hello again! What, no new fancy formatting? Yup, I ditched it, getting it update-ready took way too long. Plus, this time around, each pic is also viewable at a 1440px width. But for you with smaller monitors (*cough*Casper*cough*), I have them in 1024px. Just click in on each pic to get the full-res.

Today's update is rather larger than most of mine (21 pics and a mosaic), so be prepared ;D I also fixed my nightlighting, so there's a few night pics in there as well. Today, we visit the city of Fort Langley, an old fort in the Metro Vancouver area. Most of the city is encompassed by the city walls, although the train station, and several big box stores are located on the outskirts of the city. But first, a picture of the Ladner CBD at night.....

U29-01
Just a quick hop back over to Ladner, to show the beautiful nightlights ;D

U29-02
The train station outside the city. people from all over the British Columbia and Washington come here to visit the historic city walls.

U29-03
The CABC network main building. Many employees enjoy their lunch break across the street, in Cailsey Park.

U29-04
The main entrance to Fort Langley. Every person entering the city has to enter through one of the six entrances.

U29-05
Part of the residential section of the city. Where was this when I needed it? ;D

U29-06
More residentials, and Serpentine Creek. (If you're having difficulty finding it, look for a street bridge :thumbsup:)

U29-07
Even more residentials, but closer to the main thoroughfare.

U29-08
Last residentials. Mostly condos here.

U29-09
The Fort Langley Retirement Home. Outside the city walls. the area is quiet, perfect for retired Sims.

U29-10
Welcome to Langley Field, Home of the Langley Lions. The stadium was completed in 2012.

U29-11
Look! A vacant lot! Surrounding a Costco! That's my first try at a vacant lot, so I hope you guys like it.

U29-12
The northern entrance. Mostly some big-box stores and a bit of W2W.

U29-13
Part of Clades Park. Also visible is the city's power source, on the left.

U29-14
On the western edge of the city is the soccer fields, where the city's league can train for games against Surley, and Grantview.

U29-15
The western entrance. Like the curves? ;D

U29-16
Part of the CBD. And now I notice I missed a piece of the TuLEP....I'll have to fix that when I run SC4 next.

U29-17
A weird Ave-Road intersection, and some more of the CBD.

U29-18
An overview of the raised Cailsey Park. A very popular afternoon destination for many residents and visitors. Cailsey Park is sitting on mounds of dirt brought in from the Whistler quarries.

U29-19
W00t! Night shots! Here's an overview of Clades Park.

U29-20
How 'bout some big box stores?

U29-21
And the best for last ;D A night show of the downtown core.

U29-22 (Full-Res)
And a mosaic! Haven't done one in while, so I thought you guys'd enjoy it! This runs from the Northern wall, through the downtown core, through the residentials, and past the southern wall.

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed the update, I certainly had fun hiding all the traffic generators :P Lots of overhanging pieces, and custom lots ;D Well, that's all for this update! See you guys next time! And as always, comments are welcome!

Your friend,
                                    Jordan :thumbsup:

daryl7478

Kevin1a

Hey Jordan, everything looks great.  Fort Langley looks like a slightly more historic part of Cascadia.  The streetscapes are very nice looking.

I have a question about the NAM curves in image U29-15.  How do you make them show up with the sidewalk?  My NAM curves just have grass around them which is frustrating because I do build mostly urban areas.  Are you using some kind of mod?  With the way you have it set up, is it still possible to access the normal sidewalk-less NAM curves that I occasionally have to use in rural areas?

By the way, U29-01 is fantastic, you should enter it in an image contest.

Looking forward to the next update,
-Kevin

marsh

Cj, great update! I have know idea why but that city strangley reminds me of SC3000. It could be the buildings you chose, or how the trees look, i realy dont know.  :P Anyways great update. It looks great.  :thumbsup:

,marsh   :satisfied:

PS; Pic 12- I spy a traffic generator!  ::)

MattyFo

Mondo update my friend.  As always it has been a great pleasure to read and view your MD.  I had no idea using that template took so long!  Perhaps if you are just doing a teaser or a small update and have time to spare?  Regardless, great pictures are great pictures and your MD is full of them!  ;D  Great update!

P.S In image 3, those McDonalds are awfully close together,  Perhaps you should change them both into Starbucks?  At least that way it would be more realistic  :D

- Matt

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

Battlecat

Love the wide radius curves in this update.  They've integrated into your region very nicely! 

travismking

excellent mate :D I love the use of NWM, Tuleps and wide radius curves to make the roads look as realistic as possible, great job :)