• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Dat Packer

Started by wouanagaine, January 16, 2007, 05:51:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thredz

Thanks for this soft, it work very well, especially when I tried to put subway station, the game change view on zone viewing, and with all dependancies, lot, and many more, it take almost 1 or 2 minutes to change, putting the station, opening the menue take the same time, select also, and on, and on.... Loading city take time also, and since I've compressed all my 3.09Go plugins to a 2.8Go, it is very fast, and the area zone view for subway station work in a second, changing view also, select menue also. All is fine. &apls

JahnSpd

Don't mean to necrobump, but the 'skipped because useless file' feature of DP has been troublesome for me. Sometimes it skips lot files resulting in the lot not being included in the datpacked files. For example, it skips a number of lots included in 'TL Gazebo parks'.

mgb204

I appreciate you didn't mean to Necro this thread, but then you would have had a warning pop up before posting. It's no big deal, but around these parts, we'd prefer it if in such a situation, you just posted your question in a new thread. That way, these out of date threads don't get pushed into view so easily.

With regards to your problem, if this is just how the application works, you'll probably have to live with it, because it's not exactly being developed anymore. This should only happen when the IDs of the file's contents are a duplicate of another set that is loading after them. It figures since only one actually is used in game, it only needs to keep the last one (loading order). If that's not functioning as expected, you'd have to start by looking at the lots in question, to see if there is anything that explains this there. But, since we can be fairly sure something is overriding at least parts of them, unless this is a really random bug, it would help to know what.

As a workaround in any case, I'd put these lots to one side when DAT Packing, then either pack them into a separate file or just leave them as they are. You might need to make them load after any DATPacked files with the same IDs, in which case this will ONLY happen, if the files are also DAT files. But you'll have to see how things are working really to know if this is an issue or not.