• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Thanks everyone - I am still uploading the final dozen files in the next few days.

This fire station should suit these more suburban homes. It is modelled from one in Peabody Massachusetts:

rushman5

Looks perfect, love the diagonal fencing!!

Jack_wilds

matt325, Jack wilds here...

Awwesome, like it lots  :thumbsup: ...

the houses that have been unveiled are also great , enjoy 'em alot...

is there a way to get to the back of the fire house -as its not apparent. 
Matt at a lose for accolades to further state how well these house bats have been -its all good  :thumbsup:

best wishes

Jack

mattb325

Thanks guys,

Jack - the larger part of the diagonal fence is the gate - I guess some imagination is needed as there is no iron gate per se in CPs prop pack...

Concept for the community centre:

It is designed to tie in with the parks system, but provides some high wealth jobs (it is ploppable 6x6)

Still some lot adjustments to be made, but the idea is that it is an old civic building converted to a function/community centre/restaurant. This is modelled from an old school house in Brewster New York.

Schulmanator

Nifty! I think it is a great building on a great lot.  &dance
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

tamorr

That looks lovely, and the lot you put it on is very good. Like the lil' pond and gazebo.. :) Also a nice touch with the fire station.

Still DLing each of your great collection, and awaiting more... ()stsfd()
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
  "Always do your best to acheive your goals and Dreams one at a time."
"Patience is a virtue."

cammo2003

Oh good, some new civics, I've been needing some new ones for some time.

Love the "community centre" (it screams tea house actually, especially with the tables out the back). It'll definitely add that little extra to my larger parks.

mattb325

Thanks guys!

Post Offices are also in order. This one is courtesy of Concord, New Hampshire

Final cottage lots will also be uploaded this weekend.

tamorr

oooo I like the looks of that one.... a very lovely building. And a good addition like the rest. :) :thumbsup:
  "It is wiser to think about your actions before doing them, but be warned One must act quickly before another takes action for you."
  "Knowledge may be Power, but it is how you use that Knowledge that makes One Powerful."
  "I am a Philosopher, Punnist, Poet, and Rambler so keep in mind I think ahead and backwards to point where communication is sometimes not completely understood, even if Enlish is my primary language, it doesn't mean I know it well N proper."
"Patience is a virtue."

Schulmanator

Nifty! You have some great new ones coming out.  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

CabraBuitre

Quote from: mattb325 on September 13, 2009, 05:01:33 PM
Thanks everyone! I packaged the BATs last night (all 35 models) and it's off to the scruitineers to make sure I have packaged correctly...

CabraBuitre : I haven't heard any reports of the fire station causing the slider bugs, but in my time I have had other fire stations from other creators suffer the bug when I have deleted a particular fire station file from my plugins without first bulldozing it from the city: any missing fire station/police station etc, etc will cause all others (including Maxis) to slide to zero...at first guess that sounds like it could be the issue....

Sorry it took me weeks to respond... but the message I'm getting is just "low funding."  When I check the lot, it doesn't have the slider bug... it has full funding.

Maybe I just don't have enough fire coverage... but it appears that I do!

Check out Abelfarei!

tamorr

Quote from: CabraBuitre on October 03, 2009, 07:36:34 PM
Sorry it took me weeks to respond... but the message I'm getting is just "low funding."  When I check the lot, it doesn't have the slider bug... it has full funding.

Maybe I just don't have enough fire coverage... but it appears that I do!

Well sometimes, I know it has happen to me before, the counsil complains about the fire coverage when the Fire Radius is not covering the entire city map. Covering every inch of the map would stop them from complaining, but really would you need to especially if partial of the map is not even developed. This is just an idea, but from what You've said that is what it appears like. If not no biggy, at least it is an idea to consider... :)
"Patience is a virtue."

superhands

Matt, I want to praise you :P  on your work again.

when you see the shameful modern houses that are being erected in new suburbs across Australia, let alone in the older suburbs that have no heritage listing. i think it's a disgrace.
call me old fashioned, the direction the home building companies should be taking is to base plans closer to heritage and or colonial beginnings. More of the Queen Anne style and closer relation to the buildings that came before...

-dave

Pat

Matt you have been kicking some tail and taking some names here lately man!!! WOW!!! Loving it!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mattb325

Thanks all!

CabraBuitre: I must confess I have never had a Low Funding message on a fully funded lot - I'll check it out when I've a chance, but I'm assuming tamorr has had experience with insufficient numbers of stations on the tile.
The only other thing I can think of is the master funding slider (in your taxes area) - has that been adjusted at a global level?

At any rate, I'll see if I can replicate - until then:

Thompson Hospice, Canadaiguan, New York. Smaller hospital that will suit a suburban setting.

io_bg

Lovely! Can't wait to see this one in my plugins folder (as well as the other bats you show us here) $%Grinno$%
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

tamorr

Yeah I've had a bit of experience myself with even the regular maxis Civic lots... And like mattb325 said it is either the Global slider or not enough stations.

Nice work on the new one there. :)   One of my favorite styles of buildings....
"Patience is a virtue."

mattb325

Thankyou both.

Benjamin Franklin High School (inspired by an junior school of the same name at Westfield New Jersey) in the colonial federal style.

It's a large setting - 8x10 tiles, so the police station on the previous page is useful in controlling the crime that invariably bugs these large lots.

I am doing a few more and will then package these civics up.

Schulmanator

I like the look of this one.  :thumbsup:

CabraBuitre

Quote from: mattb325 on October 09, 2009, 02:03:54 AM
Thanks all!

CabraBuitre: I must confess I have never had a Low Funding message on a fully funded lot - I'll check it out when I've a chance, but I'm assuming tamorr has had experience with insufficient numbers of stations on the tile.
The only other thing I can think of is the master funding slider (in your taxes area) - has that been adjusted at a global level?

At any rate, I'll see if I can replicate - until then:

Nope, that's up like normal.  It's strange because I feel like I've used it before and not had this issue... and lots of others have used it too, without any reported problems.

Thompson Hospice, Canadaiguan, New York. Smaller hospital that will suit a suburban setting.

I really like this one!

Check out Abelfarei!