• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarton

Thanks for the McMansions, I like their style. :thumbsup: &apls :)

I hope you will make some more Cottages Ornee and McMansions packs, particularly Cottages Ornee.

Yoder7652

Just read an article online that said Australia homebuilders are now building the biggest houses on the planet...passing the American held title...guess you need to make some McMansion's based on new construction in your backyard  :D

thingfishs

These are a quality series of houses matt, really great work.  :thumbsup:
As Kwakelaar said, these are appearing in photos everywhere already, and I think that says it all.
Thanks again for all your assistance with my work, it's helped enormously.

baconrocky

Very nice projects coming down the pipeline, Im excited! Also, those Toronto Rowhomes are awesome, I'd love to see them in the game!

mattb325

Thanks everyone. In addition to the suburban schools/police stations and hospitals of the previous pages, I am clearing through bits and pieces in my hard-drive - everything will be packaged up into another prop pack in the next few weeks:

There are a few other buildings, canal pieces and statues to be added - but that is the bulk of the pack all 150 odd items of it.... $%Grinno$%

thingfishs

whoa  :o &apls

Holy crap matt, look at all that stuff. First thing that caught my eye was all the modern sculptures etc. which are really lacking on the STEX/LEX (I have a photo of one I was going to try and recreate which having seen these, will probably be collecting dust now. ;))
Secondly the bunting tape Sweet!!! such a simple thing that would be SO handy. An all orange version for council works etc would be valuable as well. Then there's a whole bunch of new plants; I love the cream spray type bush around the buddha statue.

Girafe

Oh so nice stuff there  &apls &apls

I really enjoy the trees and brushes  :thumbsup:  the modern sculptures are amazing too  ;)

very good job Matt

ps : we have spoken about winter/snow version with your pines can you try something in this way because your little pines are very very nice and a snow version would be good addition for future developement which concerns ski resorts or winter landscapes   ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mattb325

Thanks guys

Those images aren't final - some items may be culled before I upload the prop pack, but this gives a good indication. The large tree in the top right corner and the big copper-brown statue are probably headed for the recycle bin  ::)
Also I have to add the big round-about sculpture I did for the GRV challenge as well as some others that I have been using for a very long time, which are also quite reasonable. There are also the diagonal pieces I made for SGs canals that I have been asked about releasing as I think the CAN-AM should be more widely used.

Most of the pants are evergreens with a concentration of blousy and dusky-coloured sort of shrubs - which I think are under represented.

So, we have evergreen dogwoods, plumbago, wormwood, holly, bauhina, spireas, bottlebrush, cabbage tree, ground palms, flax, pittosporum, acacia, figs as well as conifers, evergreen alders, she-oaks and holm oaks. There are quite a few trees in planters for more urban applications. Also, the tall pines are pre-rendered as hedgerows (as well as seperately), as I have found that rotating the same prop on the LE never quite gives the same effect.

As well as lights, some structures and fences, I have made a diagonal and 8m version of the maxis hedge and the maxis white and red stone walls (I actually quite like these maxis props, but find it limiting with just one 16m version). The textures don't exactly match, but they are very close, and for most people that will extend the use of the ingame props just that little bit further.

There are also a couple more W2W buildings to add which I made for the GRV challenge.

And, giraffe, I have not forgotten about the snowy conifer...pic attached

Girafe

Oh thank you for the snowy conifer  &apls &apls :thumbsup:

I think I will try to upload some winter lots, but for these I need little snowy trees and for more variety your new little pines would be very nice too in snow version   ::)

Anyway you made a really good work  ;)

TY
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Andreas

Ohhh, a Cedrus deodara, very nice! :)
Andreas

Schulmanator

Looks like some fun cool stuff - I can't wait to see it all!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

CabraBuitre

Wow... nothing like spring cleaning!  Or would that be fall cleaning in the southern hemisphere...?   ()what()

Check out Abelfarei!

thingfishs

"bottlebrush, pittosporum, acacia, she-oaks" that's a great bunch of Australian flora there :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CabraBuitre: Autumn cleaning ;)

baconrocky

Is there a reason for this mass release? Are you quitting BATing? Because that would be a shame. :(

mattb325

Quote from: baconrocky on May 19, 2010, 08:17:04 PM
Are you quitting BATing?

Something you know that I don't? :D

Actually, in many of the packs that I have released, I have included a 'bonus' prop - for instance, the original 'cedrus deodara' is in the W2W prop pack.

Over the years, I have downloaded models from places like turbosquid/archidom in order to learn better modelling techniques, different texturing techniques, etc.

Some of the statue models in this prop pack originally came from these sorts of sites, but I have altered them and was pleased enough with the results, and thought that there was enough of a need in game to consider sharing them rather than just leaving them on my hard drive.

Same goes with the SG diagonal canals.

But, many of these props are newly rendered (the plants and the W2W buildings, the suburban civic sets) and I have just decided that with the release of these latter buildings, I would include all of the other bits and pieces in one pack to make it easier and lessen dependencies etc....so no intention of leaving just yet

Anyhow - here is where the pack stands.

And then add the half dozen or so suburban civics from the previous pages and you have apprrox 150 new offerings

Jack_wilds

Hey Matt, Jack wilds here

... glad to hear that this isn't a 'spring clean' to retirement, your particular style of bat-work would be sourly missed   :thumbsup:

concerning the packs wow! just wow!! like the structure textures particularly... all the props should keep lotters busy for a looong time...  :D

Jack

thingfishs

Great to see it's been released, thanks a lot Matt. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I noticed you've got a NAB building in there which looks great. ;D I'm a bit confused though why such a thing would be released via prop pack? Are you going to release that building (for e.g) as an independent lot or is that for others to do... in which case it's on the list.
I notice the bunting wasn't listed, and I can't tell if it's in the shot... Now I know bunting tape isn't the most complex model ever but I figure if you already have it made it would be easier. Is there any chance I could use your gmax/MAX file to produce an all orange version?

mattb325

Thanks everyone

The prop pack is up on the Lex: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=2383

Re the late insertion of the NAB building - I just wanted to balance out the lot picture, so I made another building without actually updating these pictures (I also re-rendered the trees at the front left behind the subway and removed one that wouldn't properly re-render  ;D

I will be releasing all of these buildings as lots, but others are free to do with them as they please (hence why I put them in a prop pack - just like all of the other prop packs)

As for the orange bunting - sorry, I think I must have missed that bit  %confuso...anyway, you're right - the model is as basic as it gets. I have attached it to the post for anyone who wants it.

Girafe

The Floraler

thingfishs

oops, it's not bunting at all is it :D It sure looked like it in that little screenshot.