• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhands

oh how i wish perth had streets like that :)

Jack_wilds

...thanks for the walkabout, Matt  :)

mattb325

Thanks guys

@ Superhands - some of the streets in Perth have lovely big trees (is it Victoria St in the city  ()what() - it's been about 5 years since I was there), but you guys have much warmer, sunnier summers without the humidity and rain of the east coast, so I suppose the great weather is the trade off ;)

Another small offering:

Just a non-descript mid size office Bat, maybe some tweaking to do with the ground textures (I may remove these altogether and just use the underground car park entrance as a prop).....

io_bg

This'll certainly come in handy. Looks great :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Jack_wilds

:thumbsup: like it-like it...

Hi and Hello there Mattb...

its been awhile so I thought I'd pop in and review what was done... which led me to wonder what you might have in mind to what or when you have in a game plan to offer these projects via the lex... yes, I know it will be when it will be; but wondering just the same

weather report... winter still lingers has two weeks ago a storm front complete with 14 tornadoes swept through WI, with two hitting a neighboring town of Kaukauna -one of which went over my head before setting down a couple miles east of here... but Merrill was hit the worst wiping out a large share of that town... the about a week ago a snow storm dumped another 6-8" of wet heavy snow including with light show and rolling thunders... now, on Easter it actually feels like spring

trust all is well down under

Jack

Sciurus

Nice BAT you did :thumbsup:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

rushman5

This entire series is just plainly perfect.

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

baconrocky

Love your contributions! I have a whole neighborhood in my city that is basically your buildings ahaha.

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Mulu2065

These lots look really nice. I wonder when the HP and washing company and all of those office buildings you showed are going to come out, though? I really would need them for sure, I'm making a realistic suburb with your houses, and I need a lot of realistic businesses near by. ILL isn't enough. I wonder when they'll be released. ;)

XiahouDun

Loving the new release. Every time you release something, its an instant download for me :thumbsup:
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

Jack_wilds

Quote from: XiahouDun on August 06, 2011, 08:24:40 PM
Loving the new release. Every time you release something, its an instant download for me :thumbsup:

Goes for me too...  :)

mattb325

Thanks guys  ;)

Hopefully I will be able to release some more stuff soon. Basically the hold-up is in the testing phase: making sure that the growable grow at the right frequency and look right (not just in a start-up plug-in free city, but also in the typical 1+GB setup)....as they say, stay tuned.... ;D

mattb325

One thing that is lacking in game is basic train stations for sunken rail. Apart from the Japanese batters, I'm not aware of too many others. Today, I whipped one up suitable for suburban applications. It is fictional, but draws its inspiration from the P&O style of the '30s:

This one is for a 15m ditch and is and overhanging prop on a 1x3 lot, so you can use your favourite retaining walls.....

Girafe

Good job Matt, yes there was a lack of this kind of sunken train stations :)

I would maybe add a tile more for the plateform, indeed don't know why but all plateforms are so small for long trains  &mmm
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Earth quake

Excellent work matt.  :thumbsup:
This sunken train station is really beautiful, just perfect for my future suburbs.

Ps: I also wanted to know if your other bats will be soon in LEX (I'm thinking at your modern office and your wonderfull Victorian houses), because I'm impatient to have this BAT in my cities.  :)

art128

Excellent train station there, matt! I love the textures you've used. As Antoine said I would recommend to longer the platforms by 1 or two times on each side, and also to widen them a bit so they are closer to the tracks, and obviously to let more space between the stairs and the border of the platforms. But over all looking great! I'll use it for sure. Can't wait for the nightlights.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Girafe and Arthur have good points, I'd also prefer it if the station had longer and wider platforms. It still looks beautiful though :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

TiFlo

That's some great idea you had Matt.
My fellow posters do have a point, but I'll take whatever your project ends up being anyway. The choice of style is very neat.  :)