• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Thanks guys  :popcorn:

A much older one this time....

art128

The spot lights actually light up! This is something a lot of BATers actually forget. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

Classic and I like it  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Simcoug

mattb325

Something old, something new....

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mgb204

It's wonderful to have one of the all-time greats back making content. Nice subtle use of light for the auditorium, another great BAT :).

mrbisonm

Unique! I like the new and old.  :thumbsup:

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

c.p.

Unique and interesting building design, I love the faux slopes, and I love the lot.  The path around the pond looks very inviting. :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

What an interesting BAT. Love the night lighting as well  &apls &apls &apls
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

art128

Looks great! I like the nightlight in the auditorium. The backside parking entrance is a good touch too.

Props & Texture Catalog

Bipin

Gugu3

Really interesting building :thumbsup:

mattb325

Thanks for the comments guys  :thumbsup: I didn't quite know how that one would be received, since I drew inspiration from a common household appliance  :P

Anyway, I wasn't happy with the roof of the second last Bat (the moss wasn't working for me), so I re-rendered it - I think it looks better now:

BUT

The real reason for the post was to show something new AND MASSIVE that I'm working on:

Potential Lot Layout for PART of the Lot:

The lot won't stay like this (this section is 22x20 tiles) as it will be too big to decorate properly and will be split, but this will give a feel for part of the final layout of the main complex.

art128

Wow. Those buildings look seriously good. Looks like it could be made for many different kind of use, like a college/highschool, apartment or commercial complex.

Props & Texture Catalog

Simcoug

Awesome design and I especially like the masonry textures... very modern looking. 
That's a lotta lot!  :P

Girafe

Looks really good  :thumbsup:

Orange is quite flashy but I dont know the real building.

For your hedges, if the leaves are modeled, you can try a trick (right click on the object and select return black option), it gives a little bit more contrast  ;)
The Floraler

Simmer2

Hi Matt.
So I see you caught the VLLSS (Very Large Lot Split Syndrome) too  ;D
I'm going through a bout of it too at the moment :)

Btw beautiful buildings  &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

vortext

Wow, that's a big complex!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: mattb325 on December 08, 2015, 12:07:18 PM
Anyway, I wasn't happy with the roof of the second last Bat (the moss wasn't working for me), so I re-rendered it - I think it looks better now:

Hm. . admittedly I had not recognized it as moss, however, I really liked the wear-and-tear on the old roof! imho the current roof is too clean.

Also, the interior nightlighting in the Persian styled BAT is superb!  &apls
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

TheTeaCat

Wow thats some big lot with some lovely looking buildings. It'd be perfect for some fancy hotel.

Quote from: vortext on December 08, 2015, 01:29:08 PM
Wow, that's a big complex!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: mattb325 on December 08, 2015, 12:07:18 PM

I agree. The mossy/dirtier looking roof was much better in my opinion.
Still it's a lovely BAT either way.

Hm. . admittedly I had not recognized it as moss, however, I really liked the wear-and-tear on the old roof! imho the current roof is too clean.
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II