• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

mattb325

Thanks guys

@giraffe - the hedges are just a box with a noise modifier, but that's a great tip which I'll use for some of the trees that I use in scenes sometimes :)

I've made & released a lot of large lots before, but this one is the largest so far. Despite that, I was still able to complete it under the 1000 objects that can be used.

Maybe now its purpose will make more sense:

It will fit in with other modular golf sets, but I will make a few additional pieces to add to it to make a full golf course.

Unlike the ingame country club, this one has quite a number of jobs and provides health benefits to the city

Also, as an extra benefit - the banks of the pond and many areas of the lot have sufficient space to use MMPs to personalise it (the bulk of the trees are JRJ's CP prop exemplars which have only a small footprint)

Andreas

Wow, now that's an impressive lot alright! Looks like I have to download the modular golf set as well now. :) I wonder if someone created golf ball MMPs already, there must be hundreds of them in that pond already. ;)
Andreas

vortext

That's impressive indeed!  &apls

And speaking of golf mmps, are there any golfcart props available somewhere?!  &Thk/( ;)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mgb204

Yes I believe there were some golf carts included with the FLOG set somewhere.

FrankU

Yes there are golf carts. As I do not have my sc4 stuff at hand I advise you to take a look at the dependencies list of my Dutch golf courses. One of them contains the golf carts. I believe it is a Simgoober indutrial file, a weird file for finding golf carts.

Impressive lot by the way!

The golf carts:
Found it: Simgoober Industry pack 2

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

mattb325

Thanks - i'll make the modular pieces so you won't have to download any other sets - of course if you already have them, then they will work.
I remember the other golf carts, but rather than add another download (I am going to limit this to approx 8 dependencies) to the list, for now a golf cart is very easily done (and a resort like this would probably have bespoke ones):

FrankU

Hmmm, so you are going to make a new one? Nice!  &apls

mattb325

Not too much progress with the golf course lots - I have added 4 modular ones (3x3, 5x5, 6x4 and 8x4) but I find lot-work quite a lot slower than batting...especially when it is on such a large scale ::)

So I took a little break.

Over at Simtropolis, a user posted a picture of a Liquor Barn in the "buildings-many-people-didnt-even-know-they-were-existing" - which is a nifty little forum where people post unusual real-world buildings:

So, with a little bit of artistic liberty (IRL the building is approx. 70mx70m which is far too large to be useful in game), I turned it into a car yard:

It grows on a 3x3 and 4x4 lot.

Get it here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30865-car-yard-by-mattb325/

FrankU

2b2gbi

Very nice BAT  :thumbsup:

That building works perfectly as a car dealership, it looks like the kind of buildings many dealerships around here have. They seem to try to stand out from other buildings in the area as much as possible.
You can call me Jon. :)

Check out my MD: Bienville, Missouri

art128

Nice one. :)

Just a question though, why do you upload some of your BATs at the STEX and others at the LEX?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

JP Schriefer

romualdillo

Those last buildings look fantastic!! Really a great return!!  &apls

compdude787

Nice job with this car dealership! It's a great addition to this game.

Quote from: art128 on December 15, 2015, 03:25:25 AM
Just a question though, why do you upload some of your BATs at the STEX and others at the LEX?

That's what I'm wondering too!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

reddonquixote

You're a BATing machine!

Great new release, congrats  &apls &apls

The country club complex is looking amazing too   :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

mattb325

Thanks guys

I've always uploaded BATs randomly to both sites: I have found over the years that while almost all users on SC4D are have an account on Simtropolis, it doesn't necessarily work the other way around....

It is almost always a given that a request is made upon any upload. One such request was for a Chevrolet dealership. 

I checked out a number on google...despite a big USA-wide refurbishment recently, they are all really bland, boxy things but are uniform in blue and silver Aluminium composite panels (anything else on the building such as bricks, plaster or cinder blocks are just painted white). That makes for a super ridiculously simple BAT, so what the heck....

It's available here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30866-chevrolet-dealership/

compdude787

That looks nice! I just downloaded it too! The only other auto dealership in the game is Honest Carrie's Used Cars! :P
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel