• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyoungyn

Ditto,

Looks great.  However, would really love see some realistic new car sale lots as in MUCH bigger and more selection with both a body shop and mechanic shop.  Finally, lot with the used car sales for a particular auto dealer.

dyoungyn

mattb325

Oh my, that request was quick. At least it doesn't make a mockery of my assertions.  $%Grinno$%

So a word on lot sizes.

A 4x4 lot is 64x64m = 4096 sq metres. This equals 1 acre (or  43,560 sq feet).

Attached is an except from the US National Independent Automobile Dealers Association showing the average lot size of a dealership.

The full report is available here.
http://www.niada.com/PDFs/Publications/2010IndustryReport.pdf

According to the report:
* 35% are under 10,000sq feet
* 17.5% are between 10,000 - 25,000sq feet
* 30% are between 25,000 - 50,000sq feet (Therefore, a 4x4 lot is in this percentile)
* 17.5% are over 50,000sq feet.

So, realistically, a 4x4 lot (or indeed MUCH smaller) is the most popular real world application.

As for the BAT not being realistic, well, it was modelled from one in New York state and has a service & mechanic shop attached (the words CERTIFIED SERVICE above 3 garage doors tend to give that away), so I'm not sure what you are on about.

Simcoug

You turned that Chevy dealership out so fast I thought the previous comments were in regard to your KIA (aka Liquor Barn) BAT.  I like how you turned out such a unique BAT and then turn around and give us a beautifully bland Chevy lot to spice  up the realism factor.  I better not blink, or I may miss the next gem that comes out of your workshop.   ;D

PS   ...And if we are really going to be a stickler for 'realism' lets just address the key missing piece to this puzzle...

$%Grinno$%

mattb325

APSMS

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

c.p.

This is awesome.  You're really on a roll! :thumbsup:

JP Schriefer

You're doing wonderful uploads! Thanks for that!

mattb325

compdude787

Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

Tyberius06

Oh my...!!!  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Very nice series of car dealers, lots of thanks!!!! :)
I love your creations!

PS: I know this is not a reques topic, but I think You were who made the a diagonal versions of the SG Canals and I'd like to ask, is there any chance to make the same with the CAL Canals aswell?
Anyway Thanks your work! :)
You may find updates about my ongoing projects into my development thread here at SimCity 4 Devotion: Tyberius Lotting Experiments
or over there on Simtropolis into the Tyberius (Heretic Projects) Lotting and Modding Experiments.
I'm also member of the STEX Custodian and working on different restoration projects on behalf of non-anymore-active custom content creators.
Current projects: WMP Restoration and SimCity Polska Restoration.
Member of the NAM Team and RTMT Team.

Simcoug

It's a car dealership bonanza.  Matt B must be in the market for a new car  ;D
I love how the cars look inside the dealership - great details!

romualdillo

The last buildings look fantastic! I love the nightlights, especially the Mini sign. Great work!  &apls

dyoungyn

I whole heartly agree that this looks TOTALLY AWESOME.  Would love to see more dealers such as Ford, Cadillac, Toyota, Lexus, etc with the same size, 6x6.  I understand the realism size for one square in SC4, but bigger looks MUCH BETTER than cramped.  The way you displayed the new cars for sale is a WINNER.  Keep em coming and THANK YOU soo much coming from all us die hard SC4 players.

c.p.

Super nicely done (both the batting and lotting) :thumbsup:

mgb204

Great work on these car dealerships. Would love to see more brands, can't have enough variety as always.

Quote from: Tyberius06 on December 21, 2015, 02:25:33 PM
PS: I know this is not a reques topic, but I think You were who made the a diagonal versions of the SG Canals and I'd like to ask, is there any chance to make the same with the CAL Canals aswell?

I'm trying, but I can't get the water to match in my renders with CALs original model. I think the problem is that it's setup for 3DS Max 9 and 2011 seems to have altered something :(.

mattb325

Thanks guys

I've addressed the issue with Cal's canals before - he used a version of BAT4Max that was not simfoxes' version. It had a slightly different lighting rig and therefore I won't be able to match diagonals that I render with my BAT4Max with his.

I have taken a small break from car dealerships (actually it was going to be one, but didn't look right as a car dealership, so I made it an advanced research center reward).

It DOES NOT over-write the Maxis version (or any relots). It is a new, additional reward lot that has been modded to provide the benefits of the in-game advanced research center without the negative aspects.

As well, this is one seriously modern building.

Available here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30875-research-center/

mgb204

I can't believe how quickly you are churning out new buildings, I only hope one day I'm good enough to actually be efficient at making them too.

Quote from: mattb325 on December 22, 2015, 11:13:59 PM
I've addressed the issue with Cal's canals before - he used a version of BAT4Max that was not simfoxes' version. It had a slightly different lighting rig and therefore I won't be able to match diagonals that I render with my BAT4Max with his.
Maybe you've been more help here than you think... as soon as I read that I was thinking CAL and ALN BAT4MAX were linked somehow. Not sure if it will work with more recent versions of 3DS Max however :/. A quick look at the support thread/download shows that CAL was indeed a supporter of the project, so that could be the missing link here *fingers crossed*.

Girafe

I am travelling and cannot double check. But if I am right the main difference is the gamma setting. According to my bad memory the gamma setting of Aln is darker. (2.0 for one and 2.2 for the other one). On the thread of Sam Johnson the preview of his BATS are done with Aln. Therefore it should not be too difficult to compare with the grey background  &Thk/(
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    *