• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threeswept

What a gorgeous station indeed! &apls

jacqulina

amazing work your doing here &apls &apls

cammo2003

There wouldn't be a chance of releasing the station as seperate props with an extra side platform prop, would there? Just that I'd love to, for example, create larger stations. There's a serious lack of standalone platform props that can be used to create stations. Don't bother with extra lots -- I like tweaking in the LE for my own use anyhow.

In addition to that probably out of line request, I think the platforms should be slightly wider. The gap between the platform and the train would, I imagine, be rather ridiculous. lol. To the edge of the "gravel" around the tracks would be about right. You could probably get away with moving the platform attached to the station building closer to the track, though.

I'll also add that I much prefer the island platform taking up this sort of space -- it at least looks navigable, lol.

Also, the lotwork is absolutely exquisite.

Adept2Rock

Thanks for the reply!!!!!!Your station is beautiful!!! :thumbsup:
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

mattb325

Thanks all, glad to help out - Cammo - the centre platform was modelled as a prop in the first instance, so it is ripe for any LE work you fancy.

As for the distance and gravel etc, I've had a look at as many stations I can find, from in game through to Jenx and japanese stuff, and that grey gravel line appears in all of them; even - though sometimes to a lesser degree - ill tonkso stations.

Thankfully the sims are 3 metre + giants and can stretch their 1.7 metre legs the requisite 1 metre gap between the train and the platform.  ??? ???

Pat

Hey Matt i have to say you have done a fantastic Job here congrats man on such awsome station - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

cammo2003

Quote from: mattb325 on September 04, 2007, 01:44:24 PM
Thanks all, glad to help out - Cammo - the centre platform was modelled as a prop in the first instance, so it is ripe for any LE work you fancy.

As for the distance and gravel etc, I've had a look at as many stations I can find, from in game through to Jenx and japanese stuff, and that grey gravel line appears in all of them; even - though sometimes to a lesser degree - ill tonkso stations.

Thankfully the sims are 3 metre + giants and can stretch their 1.7 metre legs the requisite 1 metre gap between the train and the platform.  ??? ???

Yes, that's correct, but I can see some of the surrounding dirt in the picture, which is why I made the suggestion of widening the centre platform. It only needs to be an ever-so-slight change... You'll notice a darker grey/green area around the "gravel". Somewhere in that band would be a good place for the platform edge to be. It allows for some of the wider carriages to pass through without looking ridiculous, and yet won't look quite so ridiculous on the narrower ones.

We really need some sort of standard for station platorms, they're all over the shop!

And as far as my request, is there a chance of an extra side platform? Just a simple one, no major building, just a simple entrance shed with perhaps some barriers. With that simple addition, the download would effectively become a kit for custom stations. Again, if you don't want to, don't do it, but it would be nice to finally be able to put together some custom-sized stations for personal use.

Regardless, it's well done, and will make an excellent addition to my game. My rail and Misc. transport menus are bulging at the seams, but I don't mind.  :D

mattb325

Dust, dust, dust...**cough, splutter***

RED CROSS HOUSE, CLARENCE STREET SYDNEY

This is 'inspired by' (love that term - could mean anything from "remarkably similar" to "nothing at all like the original"  :D ) the Red Cross House in Clarence St Sydney.

Like most stuff here in the city centre, it is W2W.

This building started its life as a doctors house/office in the 1850s and was completely rebuilt and extended in the 1930's in the Parisienne avant-garde style to be a wholesalers warehouse. In the 70's the Red Cross took over the site and still occupy it to this day.

I'm often here for both first aid training for work and when I'm being a good citizen and donating blood

In game it's a 2x2 hospital...

Donate blood    >:D

Pat

LoL Matt with the little devil who wouldnt donate blood lol.... The Red Cross House is looking real nice... So how close is it to the origanel???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mattb325

I present 'inspired by'  :D  $%Grinno$%

Pat

Matt that looks real great then seeing as it is very close to the origanel building...

Adept2Rock

Its very beautiful!!I want it in my French downtown!!! &apls :thumbsup:
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

sebes

A very nice building Matt. However, could you instead of a hospital, also make a CO$$ version? Except pulling blood from your body, the Red Cross also is an organization that needs offices for their staff and Aid-funds coordinators (one of them being my husband ;)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

mattb325

Quote from: sebes on November 22, 2007, 05:09:23 AM
...However, could you instead of a hospital, also make a CO$$ version?...

Of course. That begs the question - should the cross on the front stay or go?

sebes

Yes - otherwise it would not be the Red Cross office, is it ::)
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

mattb325

Next up....

A W2W corner police station.

Based on the old Societe Generale offices (now largely demolished) on Bathurst Street in Sydney.

Badsim

Hello Matt ,

I love these two last BATs from you , I'll find the proper place they deserve , for sure ... and already said ( on the LEX ) , I enjoy your LotEditing as well ; simple , stylized , excellent ! :thumbsup:  &apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

rooker1

That is a great BAT.  It has a very unusual shape with lots of character.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Adept2Rock

Waooow!!!I like, i like, i liiiiiiiiiiike!So beautiful!!! &apls :thumbsup:

In French Forum:

Emperor Stormont

Oh that looks fantastic, really looking forward to being able to use this. Has a unique look and looks fab  &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008