• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cities not loading- Regions blank

Started by rsoxpatriot, November 28, 2010, 09:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsoxpatriot

I recently downloaded the Simmars beta, and instead of being a separate program like it is supposed to be, it installed directly to SC4.  Because of this, my cities did not load, nor did Simmars.  I uninstalled all the Simmars programs, plus deleted what few stragglers there are, however my cities still do not load.  when I check my region files, they are there, but in-game they are not.  How do I fix this, or do I have to start all over?

*edit: pictures on the morrow

rsoxpatriot

sorry about double post, also, do not want to load game more than is necessary.

Lowkee33

I dont know how SimMars works myself.  I do see that you are in the Maxis\Regions folder.  This is a backup folder for regions that gets installed with the game.  The regions that load when you open the game are in My Documents\SimCity 4\Regions.

However, Timbuktu should load by default if your "my docs" folder is empty.

From what I know about the new version of SimMars is that it doesn't install over SC4 (which you said).  I can only think that you got some old version or something.

You probably would be better off re-installing SC4.  I would guess that any custom regions you have are still in the "my docs folder safe and sound, so you can cut/paste them (and your plugins) before you do so.  Good luck.

Terring7

Are you sure that this was made by SimMars? &mmm I also have it and never had this problem. I think that it will be better to open this topic in the SimMars forum.
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.